Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,310 members, 7,850,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. (610 Views)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by Blue86(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Father I thank you for the revelation of your word in Jesus name. And the illumination.
You are blessed forever,in Jesus name. Amen.

The gospel of our salvation in itself is eternal. Because salvation is a Gift in the person of Jesus Christ.
Let's look at it this way, I give you a gift of an iPad with eternal life span, what you do with it is your business, not mine.Its your duty not to be careless with it.
For you to say you can't lose your salvation in this earth is to deny the ministry of the devil.
Because it's that salvation, that gift of God in you the devil is after.
[The dragon went to make war with the remnant of her seed, Who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Christ ]-Revelation 12:17
The devil will not come to you but to steal something, kill something, destroy something.
That's why we are advised in the epistles to :
1. Look to yourselves ,that we don't lose those things we worked for.. {2John 8}
Question :what did the apostles worked for.?

2. But hold fast what you have till I come {Revelation 2:25}
Question - what is it that do you have?

3.Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
{Revelation 3:11}
Question -what you have can be taken and what crown.

4.If they shall fall away...
{ Hebrews 6:6}
Question -Fall away from what?

5.Looking diligently lest any fail of the grace of God.
{Hebrews12:18}
Question -Fail in what grace of God?

6.whom resist, steadfast in the faith..
{1Peter 5:9}
Question -Resist, steadfast in the faith of whom?

7.Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life.
{1 Timothy 6:12}
Question -fight, don't let go of eternal life?

These are questions you should ask the Holy Ghost while studying this scriptures. Don't allow any one deceive you.
Finally I leave you with this scripture.
"Therefore Let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning.
If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the son and in the father.
And this is the promise that He hath promised us -eternal life. "
1John 2:24-25.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Beautifully written brother....

1 Like

Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by ichuka(m): 4:58am On Jul 28, 2017
God substituted His Life for yours and you saying such a God given Life can be lost?No!
We can't loss an Enternalyl Gods given Life,not possible.
But we can loss our position with God in the Kingdom reign.
Two different things.
Enternal Life is a gift freely given and it demands no works.
But the Kingdom reign demands work.
OP,let's assume you are a Nigerian.because you were born a Nigerian(theses liken to being born again)whatsoever you do,doesn't change the known fact of your nature being a Nigerian.
Being a Nigerian qualifies you to work hard and becomes the president/governor of a state(theses the Kingdom reign which tenure is for 1000yrs)for 4years.before becoming an ordinary citizen again.
We should stop mixing His gift and Kingdom reign together.
Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by Blue86(m): 11:01am On Jul 28, 2017
ichuka:
God substituted His Life for yours and you saying such a God given Life can be lost?No!
We can't loss an Enternalyl Gods given Life,not possible.
But we can loss our position with God in the Kingdom reign.
Two different things.
Enternal Life is a gift freely given and it demands no works.
But the Kingdom reign demands work.
OP,let's assume you are a Nigerian.because you were born a Nigerian(theses liken to being born again)whatsoever you do,doesn't change the known fact of your nature being a Nigerian.
Being a Nigerian qualifies you to work hard and becomes the president/governor of a state(theses the Kingdom reign which tenure is for 1000yrs)for 4years.before becoming an ordinary citizen again.
We should stop mixing His gift and Kingdom reign together.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:4-6

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1John 3:14-15.

Alaafia.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by revelatiorcm(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
on this issue of receiving eternal security of our salvation, it very confusing at times,
I would like to put my input also,
2 Corithians 5:17-19 "all these are from God, who was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself not counting their sins against them"
Anything eternal is from God, because He alone is eternal, salvation is from God, given to men as a gift, the package of salvation is eternal, now

James 4:5 says
ESV:Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”?

KJV:Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

NIV:Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us?

NLT:What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?

YLT:Do ye think that emptily the Writing saith, 'To envy earnestly desireth the spirit that did dwell in us,'

Here now is something important, God doesn't save human, He saves the Spirit He has put in the flesh of man, meaning God His own, Spirit He caused to dwell in us, and this I believe it was done before the earth was Ephesians 1:3-4 again no devil has the ability to steal, destroy or kill anything that pertains to salvation, 1 Corinthians 2:1-12
salvation is eternal to those God chose and knew an predestined Romans 8:28-39
He gives them the ability to overcome, because if we consider the devil in the process of salvation it simply means God will loose, because no man can resist the devil without the Spirit of God,
remember Matthew 24:24 says the days will be cut short forthe sake of the elect, if no man would be saved,
God bless you from South Africa,
Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by shadeyinka(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Blue86:
Father I thank you for the revelation of your word in Jesus name. And the illumination.
You are blessed forever......

[The dragon went to make war with the remnant of her seed, Who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Christ ]-Revelation 12:17
The devil will not come to you but to steal something, kill something, destroy something.
1. Look to yourselves ,that we don't lose those things we worked for.. {2John 8}

These are questions you should ask the Holy Ghost while studying this scriptures. Don't allow any one deceive you.
If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the son and in the father.

If salvation is a gift and
the gifts and the calling are without repentance.

Salvation is both a gift and a calling
So, can we easily loose it?

I think what a Christian should worry about is whether his/her salvation is genuine or not.

I believe a person can loose his salvation, and hence for such a person, it is impossible to bring him/her to repentance.

Let him who name the the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

If any man be in Christ, he is a new (not washed) creature.... old things have passed away..

The parable of the 10 virgins show two group of Christians, 5 Genuely Born Again and 5 by character look like Christians BUT devoid of the seal of salvation: the Holy Spirit.

Finally if ravenous wolves (Fake Pastors) will come come in, ...how much more are the baby wolves (fake Christians)

If a person claims he is born again and his purpose was not about
1. repentace from Sin
2. A vow to obey the will of Christ as a disciple.
3. A knowledge that sinners will find their part in hell

Can we say such is born again even if the combination of baba adeboye, bishop Oyedepo and baba Kumuyi laid hands on an pray for him.

In the church today, many get born again because of
1. Prosperity
2. Deliverance
3. Connections
4. Healings

and many others.
The church is full of such, thanks to our many pastors (wolves in sheep skin).

The ultimate test of a christian is his fruit.
Not his charisma
Not his activities

Note:
I know your concern, many close "believers" have fallen away so much that we cannot believe as humans that they were never born again.
I say life leave such to God to judge.

1 Like

Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by ichuka(m): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Blue86:

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:4-6

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1John 3:14-15.

Alaafia.
��
Do you even know the difference between Enternal Life and the Kingdom of God?dont think so.moreover I can quote over 100+ verses from the Old and New Testament that says Salvation is free and don't demand works.making it very Enternal.
Topic has been over trashed on these section.
Go through past threads pls
Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by ichuka(m): 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
revelatiorcm:
on this issue of receiving eternal security of our salvation, it very confusing at times,
I would like to put my input also,
2 Corithians 5:17-19 "all these are from God, who was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself not counting their sins against them"
Anything eternal is from God, because He alone is eternal, salvation is from God, given to men as a gift, the package of salvation is eternal, now

James 4:5 says
ESV:Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”?

KJV:Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

NIV:Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us?

NLT:What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?

YLT:Do ye think that emptily the Writing saith, 'To envy earnestly desireth the spirit that did dwell in us,'

Here now is something important, God doesn't save human, He saves the Spirit He has put in the flesh of man, meaning God His own, Spirit He caused to dwell in us, and this I believe it was done before the earth was Ephesians 1:3-4 again no devil has the ability to steal, destroy or kill anything that pertains to salvation, 1 Corinthians 2:1-12
salvation is eternal to those God chose and knew an predestined Romans 8:28-39
He gives them the ability to overcome, because if we consider the devil in the process of salvation it simply means God will loose, because no man can resist the devil without the Spirit of God,
remember Matthew 24:24 says the days will be cut short forthe sake of the elect, if no man would be saved,
God bless you from South Africa,
Word
Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by An2elect2(f): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
Such ignorance undecided
Re: You Can Lose Your Salvation Gallantly. by CandidSeeker(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
Blue86:
You are blessed forever,in Jesus name. Amen.

The gospel of our salvation in itself is eternal. Because salvation is a Gift in the person of Jesus Christ.
Let's look at it this way, I give you a gift of an iPad with eternal life span, what you do with it is your business, not mine.Its your duty not to be careless with it.
For you to say you can't lose your salvation in this earth is to deny the ministry of the devil.
Because it's that salvation, that gift of God in you the devil is after.

Thank You Bro.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

#30 Day Prayer Challenge. Send Your Prayer Request And We Shall Pray For You Now / World May Likely End On September 23, Experts Match Great Pyramid, Bible Dates / . T.B Joshua Shuts Down Paraguay With Powerful Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.