Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question (57786 Views)

Happy Teachers Day Plus My best Subject and My best Teacher! / What Was Your Best Subject Topic During Your Secondary School Days? / What Is Your Best Subject In Secondry School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
ask more.
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by doggedemmy(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
winsomelady:
CHEM;
Soap dont foam in hard water because it forms sucm,this is because in acidic water l.e hard water it reacts with excess hydrogen ion to form unionized fatty acid which reduce its cleaning effect.Detergent on the other hand do not form scum in hard water,they retain their cleaning effect irrespective of the water used.
hmmmm...so...can I win you over?
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Godhead4(m): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Someone should quickly ask me a question on Biology and Chemistry..
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by EternalTruth: 2:54am On Sep 02, 2017
Godhead4:
so that u will use google search abi
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 02, 2017
Godhead4:

if a marine gas was mistakely release into NH3, what will happen?
the cone cells is readily packed in which are called?
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by winsomelady(f): 3:55am On Sep 02, 2017
doggedemmy:
hmmmm...so...can I win you over?
I feel humbled. But no. Thanks. Let's just have nice time here.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by doggedemmy(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2017
winsomelady:

I feel humbled. But no. Thanks. Let's just have nice time here.
Shalom
alright have this for breakfast: What volume of gas is liberated when 20g of calcium trioxocarbonate (iv) is treated with excess dilute hydrochloric acid? [Ca=40, C=12, O=16, H=1, Cl=35.5, Molar volume of a gas at s.t.p=22400cm3].
The way you answered my previous question made me wonder if you're just a secondary school graduate. Keep it up!
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2017
doggedemmy:
alright have this for breakfast: What volume of gas is liberated when 20g of calcium trioxocarbonate (iv) is treated with excess dilute hydrochloric acid? [Ca=40, C=12, O=16, H=1, Cl=35.5, Molar volume of a gas at s.t.p=22400cm3].
The way you answered my previous question made me wonder if you're just a secondary school graduate. Keep it up!

4480cm'3 or 44.8 dm'3. ask harder question
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by doggedemmy(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:

You asked for it: Please explain the Wagner–Meerwein rearrangement. I am watching you, don't use google...
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 02, 2017
doggedemmy:
You asked for it: Please explain the Wagner–Meerwein rearrangement. I am watching you, don't use google...

hehe, this question is not inside o'level textbook.

1 Like

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 02, 2017
Ask O'level Bio And Chem. @doggedemmy
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by gr8cany: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2017
Godhead4:
state 2 functions of chlorophyll in plants

which element is associated with catenation?
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by doggedemmy(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:
Ask O'level Bio And Chem.
@doggedemmy
Sorry bro...On the basis of oxidation, describe a simple qualitative test to distinguish between aldehydes and ketones
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2017
gr8cany:

It helps plants to trap sunlight and it gives plant magnesium. 2. carbon.

1 Like

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2017
doggedemmy:
Sorry bro...On the basis of oxidation, describe a simple qualitative test to distinguish between aldehydes and ketones

Aldehydes which are alkanal are readily oxides to primary alkanol while ketone which are alkanones doesnt oxidize this bring a distint differences.
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by doggedemmy(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:

Aldehydes which are alkanal are readily oxides to primary alkanol while ketone which are alkanones doesnt oxidize this bring a distint differences.
Aldehydes do not oxidise to primary alcohol but carboxylic acid. Also, if you say ketones do not oxidise you are not completely correct. The truth is qualitatively, Fehling's solution and Tollen's reagent are mild oxidising agents which only oxidise aldehydes and not ketones. But with stronger oxidising agents like hot concentrated trioxonitrate(v) acid, ketones undergo oxidation and in the process the molecular structure is broken into two

2 Likes

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2017
doggedemmy:
Aldehydes do not oxidise to primary alcohol but carboxylic acid. Also, if you say ketones do not oxidise you are not completely correct. The truth is qualitatively, Fehling's solution and Tollen's reagent are mild oxidising agents which only oxidise aldehydes and not ketones. But with stronger oxidising agents like hot concentrated trioxonitrate(v) acid, ketones undergo oxidation and in the process the molecular structure is broken into two

Thanks
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Godhead4(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2017
gr8cany:

Functions of Chlorophyll.

1. Absorbs light necessary for photosynthesis..
2. Gives plants their characteristic green colour

Carbon atom undergoes catenation.

1 Like

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by doggedemmy(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:

Thanks
Alright bro. Discuss briefly how you can prepare 200cm3 of 2M solution of hydrochloric acid from 72g of dry hydrogen chloride gas
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by winsomelady(f): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Godhead4:
CHEM:1.why is delta H negative for an exothermic reaction?
2.what are the chemicals used in removing permanent hardness of water?
3.Define and deferenciate between true and false solution?
4.what is buffer solution and what does it consist of?
BIOLOGY:1.what are the consistuent of tears?
2.what are the function of tears?
3.what is the location of the pupil in the eye?
4.the membrane that protects the cornea is what?
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by winsomelady(f): 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:

doggedemmy:
someone already answered it
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
winsomelady:
CHEM:1.why is delta H negative for an exothermic reaction?
2.what are the chemicals used in removing permanent hardness of water?
3.Define and deferenciate between true and false solution?
4.what is buffer solution and what does it consist of?
BIOLOGY:1.what are the consistuent of tears?
2.what are the function of tears?
3.what is the location of the pupil in the eye?
4.the membrane that protects the cornea is what?
Bio. 1 Salt, Water, Lysosome. 2. it help to remove dirt and kills germ in the eye due to the presence of lysosome. 3. pupil is located between the cilliary muscle holding the lens, it's the space that light passes through. 4. conjuctiva
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chem. 1. because energy is loss to the environment. 2. Caustic Soda, Washing Soda are used. 3. True solution doesnt scatter ray of light while false solution scatter light ray exempli gratia; starch. 4. Buffer solution is a solution that doesnt change it ph despite it change in concentration.
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by gr8cany: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
Godhead4:

Functions of Chlorophyll.
1. Absorbs light necessary for photosynthesis.. 2. Gives plants their characteristic green colour
Carbon atom undergoes catenation.
good! hope ur brain worked?
addition of oxygen to a compd/element can simply be termed ---
starch is to plant as ---- is to animal
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by gr8cany: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:

It helps plants to trap sunlight and it gives plant magnesium. 2. carbon.
good! hope uu tested it brain n not "expotic google"

micropyle is found in which part of plant

give two examples of hygroscopic compd
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by winsomelady(f): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:
Chem. 1. because energy is loss to the environment. 2. Caustic Soda, Washing Soda are used. 3. True solution doesnt scatter ray of light while false solution scatter light ray exempli gratia; starch. 4. Buffer solution is a solution that doesnt change it ph despite it change in concentration.
macduffrx:

Bio. 1 Salt, Water, Lysosome. 2. it help to remove dirt and kills germ in the eye due to the presence of lysosome. 3. pupil is located between the cilliary muscle holding the lens, it's the space that light passes through. 4. conjuctiva
correct.Ask me questions as well,include Maths and English
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by winsomelady(f): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
gr8cany:

hygroscopic substance are H2SO4,sodium trioxonitrate(5), quick lime

1 Like

Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
winsomelady:
correct.Ask me questions as well,include Maths and English

The part of the encephalon responible for thirsty is? the most common alkaline gas is? explain vasectomy.
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
gr8cany:
good! hope ur brain worked?
addition of oxygen to a compd/element can simply be termed ---
starch is to plant as ---- is to animal
Oxidation and glucose respectively.
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
gr8cany:

Google? If I dont know, i wouldnt answer and if i google any ques i wouldnt answer it here again, that's how to learn.
Micropyle is found in the shoot of newly germinating seed while radicle house the root.
Hydgoscopic . Na0H, H2s04, Ca0
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2017
[color=#000099][/color] @winsomelady. sorry, i'm not good in asking eng and maths.
Re: Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question by winsomelady(f): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
macduffrx:

The part of the encephalon responible for thirsty is? the most common alkaline gas is? explain vasectomy.
Ammonia gas is the most common alkaline gas.Vasectomy is a surgical process that makes a man permanently unable to get a woman pregnant because it involves the cutting of the vas deference which makes it impossible for sperm to get into d semen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

N5Bn Covenant University Research Center In Pictures / Lautech Forum 2011/2012 / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.