Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow (41815 Views)

Cost Of Building 8/12 Suite Hotel Rooms / Excellently Brand-new 6 Bedroom For Sale.. / Building This Style Of Duplex- How Realistic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by engrofodile: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Just the building alone say N8million if you have large compound get trips of sand and mould blocks your self the issue is furnishing thats where u spend more than you Will budget depending on your taste. Another N8m should do that minus furnishing
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rekyz:
More specifications will help. The location, the fittings you want etc. Cost of materials differ depending on your location.

I have posted the floor plan ..... and i will update soon with the size of the land..., location is Akwa Ibom , Ikot Abasi.. ...tnx

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
Manbiman:
Sorry -oo my people.. floor plan has made its way here... and very soon I will post the land size...

What block do you want to use 6" or 9"
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
jcmaiah:

First of all one can't estimate a job with 3D only. The floor plan is also needed. Secondly, I hope this is not what u plan to build? This is very very amateur. Get someone competent to handle your drawing please.

my sketch floor plan for the 3D has just been put

I never mentioned that I was a professional in building design.... But i know that the end product when it is properly done will almost look like this except for few changes.

Remember that every great plan starts with a thought, a stroke of a pen or pencil and continues from there.... wink
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by uchenageme(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
I have looked at your plan. It doesn't look workable. A lot of defects, some of the spaces have no ventilation. The roof would also be a problem like someone suggested earlier. I am an Architect, so I am talking from experience, engage someone to help you rework the plan. Maybe a student architect who will not charge you much.
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
Land size uploaded people...... fully surveyed.... and stamped ..... grin ....

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
uchenageme:
I have looked at your plan. It doesn't look workable. A lot of defects, some of the spaces have no ventilation. The roof would also be a problem like someone suggested earlier. I am an Architect, so I am talking from experience, engage someone to help you rework the plan. Maybe a student architect who will not charge you much.

My broda , am not an Architect, I never claimed..my line of work is far from this... it was just an idea / concept that I have... when it's professionally done.... the end result will be similar with few changes.... . check my concept floor plan and the land size posted... Tnx grin
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
kofo101:

Do you have the floor plan ?
that goes a long way.

floor plan uploaded ... land size uploaded
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
Another view of my concept plan....

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
ak22:

What block do you want to use 6" or 9"

I have an idea to use 9" solid from the foundation to about half and the from there 9" hollow .... does that make sense...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
Manbiman:
Another view of my concept plan....

Some question please
1)What type of block
2) German floor or not
3) Parapet
4) What type of roof
5) Wall screening or not
6) Pop or rubber ceiling
7)Marble tiles , China or Abeokuta
coolBorehole or well
9)Interlocking or foreign stamping
10)Wiring Coleman cable and wire or which one
11) Jacuzzi or ordinary
12 ) Location
and many more to know your taste

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
Manbiman:

I have an idea to use 9" solid from the foundation to about half and the from there 9" hollow .... does that make sense...

Yes, but I will advice you to use 9" solid or hollow for foundation and 9" again for external wall and 6" for internal .
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
ak22:

Some question please
1)What type of block
2) German floor or not
3) Parapet
4) What type of roof
5) Wall screening or not
6) Pop or rubber ceiling
7)Marble tiles , China or Abeokuta
coolBorehole or well
9)Interlocking or foreign stamping
11) Jacuzzi or ordinary
12 ) Location
and many more to know your taste

1)What type of block ...... 9" solid to half wall , then hollow to someplete
2) German floor or not ..... yes.... the land is not well considered a dry land
3) Parapet.................. yes
4) What type of roof ..............thinking
5) Wall screening or not ..........maybe / thinking
6) Pop or rubber ceiling....... both in different areas
7)Marble tiles , China or Abeokuta ..... hmm my broda...we ko hold on that
8............................... I prefer coolBorehole grin
9)Interlocking or foreign stamping....when that time come.... for now, stamping
11) Jacuzzi or ordinary ..... Jacuzzi in master bath, maybe glass enclosure in the rest
12 ) Location .... Akwa Ibom ....Ikot Abasi LGA

grin grin grin make I carry one foot at a time oo.... if i carry two...bad thing ko happen ... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
ak22:

Yes, but I will advice you to use 9" solid or hollow for foundation and 9" again for external wall and 6" for internal .

good thought.... grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Exponental(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Manbiman:

Thank you my broda... your contribution makes perfect sense. I thought about 4-5 but it will not work very well in my case, mom, aunt...plus i have younger ones.... plus visitors.... but all options are still open. Oh, the small house in the back will be for renting... 1 bedroom flat each.. grin
build in such a way it can be converted for rentage. your architect will understand.
You need a Quantity Surveyor.... I can get you one but he will charge you. Whatsapp 08188009809
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
grin cheesy cheesy
Manbiman:

Just budget BTW 18 to 25. I am familiar with uyo , Eket, and this there big hotel along university road all those area is somehow waterlog so u need DPC

1)What type of block ...... 9" solid to half wall , then hollow to someplete
2) German floor or not ..... yes.... the land is not well considered a dry land
3) Parapet.................. yes
4) What type of roof ..............thinking
5) Wall screening or not ..........maybe / thinking
6) Pop or rubber ceiling....... both in different areas
7)Marble tiles , China or Abeokuta ..... hmm my broda...we ko hold on that
8............................... I prefer coolBorehole grin
9)Interlocking or foreign stamping....when that time come.... for now, stamping
11) Jacuzzi or ordinary ..... Jacuzzi in master bath, maybe glass enclosure in the rest
12 ) Location .... Akwa Ibom ....Ikot Abasi LGA

grin grin grin make I carry one foot at a time oo.... if i carry two...bad thing ko happen ... grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by folmus: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
klark3:

@bold...10m for a four bedroom bungalow....What kind of finishes did u use sir?

Was wondering too. grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
Now that we are getting somewhere...... let me post the land size and plan together for those that missed it.... Now, what do you think in terms of price to erect the structure after few modification of the plan by a professional.

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by AreaFada2: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Manbiman:

you're right, but we always pray for a good outcome and love between our lovely people.... the plan of the house in such a way that if worst comes... I can easily create two standard wall to divide the house.... I take the bigger part with kitchen .... grin grin , the rest can have 1 bedroom ...and call cook in a small open kitchen outside.... grin
Lol. Good thinking ahead. cheesy
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by MrRector(m): 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
I have carefully studied the foundation plan and other aspect of the building. if you will be on ground to supervise the building, I. think 8m will go far and you will still have change. I have carefully considered the number of blocks, iron for lintel, about 900 bags of cement, tiles, and roofing materials. if you are in doubt, I can give a breakdown on how I got to 8m

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
MrRector:
I have carefully studied the foundation plan and other aspect of the building. if you will be on ground to supervise the building, I. think 8m will go far and you will still have change. I have carefully considered the number of blocks, iron for lintel, about 900 bags of cement, tiles, and roofing materials. if you are in doubt, I can give a breakdown on how I got to 8m

Oga .. Thank you.... the breakdown will surely help. I know the cost of thing will help. smiley
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Rekyz(m): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=ak22 post=58945261][/quote]This is really nice. Quality roof and the floor is solid as well.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
Plastering stage and some artist design work

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2017
After many months of brake we now resume back to the site

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Thank God we have done with the plastering .. We used 50 bags of cement and double load of sand

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Waiting for the client so that will can start the POP work

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ak22(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
portatable 3 bedroom

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by ArcToyin(m): 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
Manbiman:

Thank you my broda... your contribution makes perfect sense. I thought about 4-5 but it will not work very well in my case, mom, aunt...plus i have younger ones.... plus visitors.... but all options are still open. Oh, the small house in the back will be for renting... 1 bedroom flat each.. grin
The first person has spoken well. 3 bedroom is enough, one room for u & your wife, one room for the female & the other for the male. Having plenty rooms is a waste of money & space. Those, you are giving reference to might not come to stay with you. You cannot predict the future. Advice from an Architect.
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2017
Who knows a good Architect with proven good record here on NL -

1. For electrical drawing , Plumbing
2. structural drawing.

All suggestions accepted. I have the floor plan but needs modification.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
Manbiman:

Hello Nairalanders, I have been following a few thread on this forum for a while. I have learned a lot from the top builders and -commentators grin - u know yourselves". My question is that am starting to take a step into getting my own personal personal home..

I spent some time doing my own sketch using Chief Architect software from scratch- I came up with this plan here... So how much do you think will cost. Rough estimate

Building location - Akwa Ibom - Ikot Abasi grin all suggestions are highly welcomed. Thank you in advance

Are you still interested in the cost?
Re: Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow by Manbiman(m): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

Are you still interested in the cost?

Please share your breakdown cost and estimate here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI / Eko Atlantic City,southwest Nigeria,construction Updates / Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.