Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro (2896 Views)

9th NASS: Jostling For Other Principal Offices Intensifies Read More At: Https: / Banky W Intensifies Political Campaign / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Chelseafan99: 2:17am On Jul 29, 2017
The United States yesterday announced its intention to build two new surveillance facilities in Cameroon and continue to provide “multi-faceted” support to the Cameroonian army to tackle Boko Haram. Just days before, the U.S embassy said the American military will begin training Cameroonian army units.

Folks, the import of this latest development has far reaching consequences. While we as a nation is distracted, the encirclenent of Nigeria is being enhanced by surveillance/intelligence bases in the three countries bordering Nigeria on a scale that borders on ridiculous.

I’m still having a hard time figuring out how the United States, the self professed bastion of democratic governance, the country with the “Leahy Law” that prohibits the U.S Defence Department from providing assistance to any country that is not democratic, that violates human rights, will consistently offer military assistance to Cameroon, the country not at war with Boko Haram , a country with a 41 year dictatorship, even when the request was not expressly requested.

But instead chooses to maligne Nigeria, the world’s 4th largest democracy. A country who’s military has been the bastion of democracy in the region. The country who even under military dictatorship deployed its military to two ECOWAS countries to drive out coup plotters and restore democratic rule, spending $10 billion of Nigeria’s very own money and the blood of its soldiers to return democratic governance. All this done without applause or recognition by the United Nations.

The United States had for the last 5 years done all it can to prevent the Nigerian armed forces from getting its hands on high quality weaponry. The Obama/Clinton coalition of saboteurs spearheaded this effort. With the new Trump administration there was hope for Nigeria when US President Donald Trump finally signed off on a $600 million deal to sell Nigeria the much needed 12 Super Tucano aircraft, an aircraft with reconnaissance/ surveillance and attack capabilities,a much needed cost effective high performance aircraft suited for Counter Insurgency warfare.

https://defensenigeria./2017/07/29/the-united-states-intensifies-its-surveillance-activities-on-nigeria-via-its-proxy-cameroon/

1 Like

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 2:30am On Jul 29, 2017

4 Likes

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 29, 2017
The US is using what is a common business practice here which is "I reserve the right to refuse service ".

If Nigeria doesn't like it then they can go to the Chinese or Russian store to shop. No be by force.

This is why I like North Korea somewhat, the leader didn't loot or use government money to marry harems but instead pursued agendas like nuclear weapons that guarantee them a seat at the head of the discussion table.

Instead on humping on USA legs, how about we pull ourselves up by our straps and stop acting like a crybaby.

Do you see Vietnam, Sri Lanka, laos, whinging about?

4 Likes

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 3:25am On Jul 29, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Cekpo34(m): 3:29am On Jul 29, 2017
It is clear to the world that Nigeria isn't truthful to itself in its supposed fight against insurgency. You arrest BH generals and welcome their deserters but you can't milk any info from them. You retrieve Chibok gurls but you fail to get intelligence from them... You see a war that is purely ideological (on the prism of Islamic indoctrination) and you are using indiscriminate and naked force? How are these ragtags sustaining their operations and supplies undetected? Why is Nigeria intelligence network so poor that BH base is yet to be discovered? The world knows we aren't serious. They know BH is a political tool that will soon metamorphose into a political party.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

Why do you mean the leader didn't loot? He has killed and lawlessly jailed thousands. He brainwashes the children of North Korea. His people are starving and look at him. He literally the definition of the worst leader currently.

I'm not fazed by all the allegations. I've seen movies, they're doing well, different but well.

It's curious how you define looting.
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 3:59am On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

Wow you have been brainwashed too. What movies?

So I'm brainwashed because we have a difference of opinion?

Wow. Okay then grin
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by sirfee(m): 6:33am On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

Wow you have been brainwashed too. What movies?
How?because he is against America, I was expecting a better response to convince the anti imperialists like myself.Have you been to North Korea before?Most of us are depending on the west and their propaganda so stop acting as if you know everything.

2 Likes

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2017
What's wrong with Camerooun? angry We chased AFRICOM out of Africa and Cameron is entertaining tgem undecided
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by SHAKABOOM: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2017
Good! They should make sure they don't sell hi tech weponz to nigeria..If they do our soldiers will use it to kill innocent civilians.

Make dem go buy from pro force ad innosson them cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by alamarmeen: 9:16am On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:
Obama didn't hurt US-Nigeria relations. The reason the Congress suspended the arms deal was to wait for the conclusion of the Nigerian investigation into the bombing of a refugee camp.

let me try and be civil....
are u ignorant of the accidental bombardment of civilian population by american jets just few days ago in Afghanistan. it wash widely reported and criticized that even pentagon acknowledged..
so please when it come to accidental bombing or collateral damage as being fancy termed Nigeria is still no where near U.S.A ..your reason is not good enough
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by edeXede: 9:19am On Jul 29, 2017
embarassed
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by sirfee(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

Wow, I really feel sorry for you. Have you been to NK? Even if you have they only show you some model villages. They are under a horrible dictatorship. If you went there did they show you the prison camps, execution, or starving people?
Have you been to North Korea before?Yes or no
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by sirfee(m): 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

No, who has actually been to North Korea. Have you been to NK?
It is very obvious,we all depend on CNN, Aljazeera etc for information concerning North Korea and Kim so stop sounding like an eye witness.

Good day

1 Like

Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by alamarmeen: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

We bombed a refugee camp causing 100+ deaths. I think that is slightly worse.

the position of the NAF was that the act was an accident as rightly reported by Reuters last week after investigation...so my argument is USA mistakenly bombed civilian population too mistakenly taken to be Taliban fighters..in both civilian lives were wasted..on this guilt USA lack the moral stand to judge another nation.. mayb u confused the incidence b/c i used the word collateral damage
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by naijagobetter(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:
Obama didn't hurt US-Nigeria relations. The reason the Congress suspended the arms deal was to wait for the conclusion of the Nigerian investigation into the bombing of a refugee camp.
who investigated the U.S whn it bomb hospitals in yemen and afganistan? U.S always terrorizing developing nations diplomatically for their selfish interest.
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by orunto27: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cekpo34:
It is clear to the world that Nigeria isn't truthful to itself in its supposed fight against insurgency. You arrest BH generals and welcome their deserters but you can't milk any info from them. You retrieve Chibok gurls but you fail to get intelligence from them... You see a war that is purely ideological (on the prism of Islamic indoctrination) and you are using indiscriminate and naked force? How are these ragtags sustaining their operations and supplies undetected? Why is Nigeria intelligence network so poor that BH base is yet to be discovered? The world knows we aren't serious. They know BH is a political tool that will soon metamorphose into a political party.

And our NASS is aiding and abetting Anarchy.
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by naijagobetter(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
alamarmeen:

the position of the NAF was that the act was an accident as rightly reported by Reuters last week after investigation...so my argument is USA mistakenly bombed civilian population too mistakenly taken to be Taliban fighters..in both civilian lives were wasted..on this guilt USA lack the moral stand to judge another nation.. mayb u confused the incidence b/c i used the word collateral damage
thy bomb hospitals in yemen and afganistan and nothing happened diplomatic terrorist they are
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by sirfee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bacon21:

Have you been to NK? You're the one acting like a eyewitness.
Why are you deviating from the main debate,I only asked you to stop feeding us with the propaganda from US and the west.Have you forgotten the invasion of Iraq by US and Britain,what about the sanction on Iran because of their alleged nuclear weapon.

PS: I'm not a Muslim,I've never been to North Korea also.
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Max24: 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
alamarmeen:

let me try and be civil....
are u ignorant of the accidental bombardment of civilian population by american jets just few days ago in Afghanistan. it wash widely reported and criticized that even pentagon acknowledged..
so please when it come to accidental bombing or collateral damage as being fancy termed Nigeria is still no where near U.S.A ..your reason is not good enough
Accidental bombing in Afghanistan not inside US. Can u imagine how many heads will roll if it had happened inside US ? But in Nigeria what was done - nothing. In sane climes the Chief of Air Staff\ Army would have resigned. So the 2 are not comparable.
Re: The United States Intensifies Its Surveillance Activities On Nigeria Via Its Pro by Bacon21(m): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yorubas Are Scared Of Biafra, Niger Delta / PT Presidential Candidate, Olawepo Hashi Vow To End ‘too Much Hunger In The Land / Minister Joined University Of Zambia Students In Protesting Against Xenophobia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.