Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,106 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) (27127 Views)

Cows Dead As Lorry And Bus Collide In Lagos (Photos) / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos) / Petrol Tanker And A Bus Collide In Orlu Imo, 30 People Killed (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by agbonkamen(f): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
0b100100111:
Fear Benin people!

They have remotely pinged the drivers!
are you okay at all?

1 Like

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by PointZerom: 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
nextprince:
Very unfortunate.

Some of these accidents are avoidable, compliance with simple traffic rules saves lives, the more reason we need to respect instructions from traffic regulation agencies like FRSC.

Relevant authorities also need to expedite actions on any ongoing road project especially on the busy roads.

Having said that, may the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Crocodile tears
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by SoniaUK(f): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
God have mercy. Thank God for safe trip today ooo. Some drivers can be so reckless and refuses to take simple corrections. Today while I was travelling the driver was speeding so recklessly and overtaking all the tanker drivers early this morning. But I kept telling him to take it slowly but he never listened to me instead he increased his speed with a very bonny and strong face. I was so scared altru the journey but thank God we all had a safe trip. Even tanker drivers where equally warning him. Some drivers are possess. Please always pray for drivers before you travel even though many of them that died today still prayed for journey mercy. God please we shall never die young in JESAUS NAME AMEN. I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by xandy84: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
Petroleum products still move by road for short distance but freight moving are regular and that's is why there is less accident.

dannytoe:
FG should fast develop alternative means of transportation, especially for petroleum product, the pressure on the road is increasing fast, in other countries, petroleum cargo are moved via rail, pipelines, and seaports.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Ifiegboria(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hmm
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by azimibraun: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hitting front page like it just happened. This painfully happened about mid day yesterday.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Gobhanky: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
Police.
Theybwill say no fuel
No bullet
We are on our way.

Fire service.
No fuel
Hold up
And lastly as usual no water.
Yet we have bore hole.
I weep for nigeria
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by mkoabiola: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Even if they move at night ,n stil walah
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by muller101(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
dannytoe:
FG should fast develop alternative means of transportation, especially for petroleum product, the pressure on the road is increasing fast, in other countries, petroleum cargo are moved via rail, pipelines, and seaports.
if Dem wan develope ports for ibaka in Akwa ibom , rivers, onitsha, Calabar. Lagos people go gree? Answer that question.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by merits(m): 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
ayolatv:

Source :- https://www.ayola.tv/10-dead-six-critically-injured-as-fuel-tanker-and-commercial-bus-collide/
this okene road is too narrow for God sake,I over heared that government wanted to expanded the road but people of okene refused,by claiming those ancient building by road sides belong to their forefathers so in a nutshell nobody can demolished it to expands the road enough for travellers.if its true bcus for every lies their must be an elements of truth. I think they have achieved their aim,now they should sit down and start eating those roasted corpses so they can be for happy life.
okene people are hostile people that's why they could not develope more than what they're till today.

1 Like

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by extralargehead(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Men of the state Fire Service Department, who arrived the scene at about 2:20 pm, could not to really help due to lack of water in their vehicles.
why go there when they know there is no water in their tanker?.
ayolatv:

Source :- https://www.ayola.tv/10-dead-six-critically-injured-as-fuel-tanker-and-commercial-bus-collide/

1 Like

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Plutusgas: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
D federal government needs to dualise that road. It is just too busy and too narrow. It is too too narrow
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by SoldierBoy1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
dannytoe:
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by robay(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Chair!! shocked I know that place o, near dia international market NATAKO, very terrible shocked shocked
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Alariwo2: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
RIP to the dead.

Very dangerous route starting from Edo all the way to Lokoja.
So sad the Govt. will still turn blind eye to it. They prefer budgeting money for boreholes that will end up in their pockets
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by dannytoe(m): 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
muller101:
if Dem wan develope ports for ibaka in Akwa ibom , rivers, onitsha, Calabar. Lagos people go gree? Answer that question.
only biafrans refuse such projects.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by seguno2: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
dannytoe:

Can you start a petition to your senator and representative to have a Bill that addresses this your nice initiative?
I hope that you know that the NASS is part of the federal government?
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by peterbello(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
nextprince:
Very unfortunate.

Some of these accidents are avoidable, compliance with simple traffic rules saves lives, the more reason we need to respect instructions from traffic regulation agencies like FRSC.

Relevant authorities also need to expedite actions on any ongoing road project especially on the busy roads.

Having said that, may the souls of the departed rest in peace.

This isn't a case of traffic rule or regulations. That bad portion of the road has been causing accidents ever since and nothing has been done to fix it. A minimum of 2 accidents occur there every week. Trailers have been colliding with each other there. In fact the smell from bags of fish feed of the last one hasn't finish oozing before this happened. Toh bad this one just had the most casualties. We have never been proactive in this country. Gitto construction company should be called back to come and finish the death trap they call a Federal road.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by peterbello(m): 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Plutusgas:
D federal government needs to dualise that road. It is just too busy and too narrow. It is too too narrow

Bros, no vex. Which century you pass there last?

1 Like

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by seguno2: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
peterbello:
This isn't a case of traffic rule or regulations. That bad portion of the road has been causing accidents ever since and nothing has been done to fix it. A minimum of 2 accidents occur there every week. Trailers have been colliding with each other there. In fact the smell from bags of fish feed of the last one hasn't finish oozing before this happened. Toh bad this one just had the most casualties. We have never been proactive in this country. Gitto construction company should be called back to come and finish the death trap they call a Federal road.

Have you asked your senator and representative to move a motion on this?
Is that not being proactive?
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by juman(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
This country tired me.

See human beings roasted like goats.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by queeniepresh: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Horrific scenes sad sad. May God strengthen the family they left behind. embarassed.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Trottle: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Apesinola5:
Apesinola tradomedical and herbal centre we are adept expert in providing solutions to the following problems dick enlargement, quick ejaculation, vagina discharge, menstrual problems, early cancer treatment,slim tea, fat burning drugs,tumour,infertility,arthritis call 09034201727

Humans have been thoroughly desensitized! HUMAN BEINGS were roasted, and this is all you have to post!!??
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by dannytoe(m): 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
seguno2:

Can you start a petition to your senator and representative to have a Bill that addresses this your nice initiative?
I hope that you know that the NASS is part of the federal government?
nice but i think NASS are already on top of the issue, i just need to remind them though.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by peterbello(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
seguno2:

Have you asked your senator and representative to move a motion on this?
Is that not being proactive?

Senator that blocks you when you air a view different from his. Is that one a senator? They block you if you are not singing their praises. Likewise the sanctimonious El-rufai.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by openmine(m): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
SoniaUK:
God have mercy. Thank God for safe trip today ooo. Some drivers can be so reckless and refuses to take simple corrections. Today while I was travelling the driver was speeding so recklessly and overtaking all the tanker drivers early this morning. But I kept telling him to take it slowly but he never listened to me instead he increased his speed with a very bonny and strong face. I was so scared altru the journey but thank God we all had a safe trip. Even tanker drivers where equally warning him. Some drivers are possess. Please always pray for drivers before you travel even though many of them that died today still prayed for journey mercy. God please we shall never die young in JESAUS NAME AMEN. I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST.
Thank God for your life ohh...were you the only one asking the driver to stop over speeding? what were the response or countenance of the other passengers?
please next time tell the driver before the journey to drive safely..dont also fail to engage other passengers to warn the driver in case he over-speeds....
Most of those driving are either influenced by drugs,emotional problems at home or just trying to make quick money....!
Once again thank God for journey mercies!!
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Ashley86400: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
I actually passed here last night on my way back to lagos from Abuja (got to lagos this morning ).
It was horrible and extremely hot. angry
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by shineeye1: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
This is so so sad! I am afraid if this country is not under the wrath of God already...the evils of the land are like fishes in the sea!
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by ebosed: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
One crazy driver, driving against traffic (one way) caused this tragedy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month / Soldier, Policeman, Lecturer, 97 Other Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel / The World’s Top 10 Most Visited Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.