Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) (27126 Views)

Cows Dead As Lorry And Bus Collide In Lagos (Photos) / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos) / Petrol Tanker And A Bus Collide In Orlu Imo, 30 People Killed (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by ebosed: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
peterbello:

This isn't a case of traffic rule or regulations. That bad portion of the road has been causing accidents ever since and nothing has been done to fix it. A minimum of 2 accidents occur there every week. Trailers have been colliding with each other there. In fact the smell from bags of fish feed of the last one hasn't finish oozing before this happened. Toh bad this one just had the most casualties. We have never been proactive in this country. Gitto construction company should be called back to come and finish the death trap they call a Federal road.

l partly disagree with you sir. agreed the part of the road is bad, but it is still motorable at a slow speed, the road is clearly demarcated so why would one of the driver drive against traffic thereby causing head on collision? Is it not better to arrive late, than to be the late?
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by davillian(m): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thanks to nairaland and it's graphic contents. I can now watch graphic images while eating.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
the rate people die this days is very alarming, what is the clueless government doing about all this does it mean they are not seeing it is there not any other way to convey flammable substance if I curse buhari now some miscreants will come after me... I must curse him, Buhari will die a very miserable slow lonely and painful dead Amin
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
dannytoe:
FG should fast develop alternative means of transportation, especially for petroleum product, the pressure on the road is increasing fast, in other countries, petroleum cargo are moved via rail, pipelines, and seaports.

Stop your misinformation there.

Trucks move petrol and other combustible and dangerous goods on the roads in the US and other places.

If you want to stop this nonsense then you need to start with driver education.

Driving petrol tankers requires a higher level of training and license.

Your monkeys driving those death trap buses also needs special training with severe penalties for infractions.

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
It's saddening to continue to see this mayhem repeats itself on our roads.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Jj222(f): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
dannytoe:
FG should fast develop alternative means of transportation, especially for petroleum product, the pressure on the road is increasing fast, in other countries, petroleum cargo are moved via rail, pipelines, and seaports.
is it ur sick buhari dat will do dat for us? when he is busy using our money to treat himself. since he came to power how many months has he stayed without traveling for treatment. we r in change. were a president of a country is always sick n uses d country's money for treatment. n not for development.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Wisedove(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
RIP TO THE DECEASED [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by dannytoe(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jj222:
is it ur sick buhari dat will do dat for us? when he is busy using our money to treat himself. since he came to power how many months has he stayed without traveling for treatment. we r in change. were a president of a country is always sick n uses d country's money for treatment. n not for development.
i see how buhari being sick, stops development from happening, besides. Why does he have ministers.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by kiddapunk: 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
nextprince:
Very unfortunate.

Some of these accidents are avoidable, compliance with simple traffic rules saves lives, the more reason we need to respect instructions from traffic regulation agencies like FRSC.

Relevant authorities also need to expedite actions on any ongoing road project especially on the busy roads.

Having said that, may the souls of the departed rest in peace.

so you think a bus filled with people with overspending in that narrow path and inevitably ran into the tanker or vice versa? have respect for the dead! you can't be too careful
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by nextprince: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
kiddapunk:

so you think a bus filled with people with overspending in that narrow path and inevitably ran into the tanker or vice versa? have respect for the dead! you can't be too careful

Ogbeni, which respect do you want me to show other than wishing their souls peaceful rest or you just feel like throwing junks into my mention?

Or because death has occurred, we shouldn't talk about situation of the roads or suspected causes of the accident? Btw, were you there to have known how it occurred?

Pls if you have nothing reasonable to say, don't quote me again.

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by xtivin(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Only a baby survived in the 18 seater bus because the mother threw him out of the window though he has a broken leg which can be fixed. The sight was gory. The commercial bus just left an eatery close by for just 30 seconds
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by mechanics(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
RIP to the dead, wishing the injures speedy recovery.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Haduragbemi95: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
lord have mercy oh,so pathetic
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by evansjeff(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
0b100100111:
Fear Benin people!

They have remotely pinged the drivers!
are you mad or what? dont allow me lay a curse on you with the bitterness in my heart as I read this post
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by 0b100100111: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
evansjeff:
are you mad or what? dont allow me lay a curse on you with the bitterness in my heart as I read this post

It won't be well with you if you don't lay a curse!

Idiot!
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by stanliwise(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kelklein:
RIP to the dead

May we not enter the road on the day the road is hungry.
stop this kind of prayer, This kind of accident can be avoided but all we can do is to make some kind of weird prayer at the wrong time especially :/
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by nwoye72: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
jesus christ.lots of tragedy on a daily basis.it unbelievable to see human born this way.God help Nigeria for very poor everything Amen.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by evansjeff(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
0b100100111:

It won't be well with you if you don't lay a curse!

Idiot!
This is simply how people incure wrath upon themselves, don't allow something you don't know or can't explain happen to you only because you want to mention Benin.
Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by Earthrealmlord: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
ebosed:

l partly disagree with you sir. agreed the part of the road is bad, but it is still motorable at a slow speed, the road is clearly demarcated so why would one of the driver drive against traffic thereby causing head on collision? Is it not better to arrive late, than to be the late?

I know that sport very well in Felele, Lokoja. You can't drive against traffic there.

1 Like

Re: Tanker & Commercial Bus Collide In Lokoja, 10 Dead, 6 Injured (Graphic Pics) by peterbello(m): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
ebosed:

I forgot to clarify that it was not a head on collision. I wonder where those guys got their information from. The vehicles ( a petrol tanker, a kerosene tanker, an 18 seater bus and the keke Napep) involved were on the same side of the road and moving towards the same direction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The State Of Mile 2 Road This Morning Cause By Petrol Tankers / New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month / Soldier, Policeman, Lecturer, 97 Other Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.