Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. (24629 Views)

NIGERIA’S RICE MARKET: Thai Exporters Cut 2020 Export Forecast By 5m Tonnes / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Contacts In Aliero Market, Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by zikter(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bullhari007:
look like where mad people are doing business... you go find all the stones David used to kill Goliath in those infected unhygienic rice, person wey never bath for a whole year dey touch rice u won make i chop I prefer my mama gold joor .... abeg why this desert people are allergic to water
come on, you don't have to be this ignorant. first they are going to remove the hull(hard external part), then remove the bran(brownish part) during polishing before the edible seed. this process involves heat treatment with water which removes dirt, kill germs etc. now you will still wash and cook your rice thoroughly before finally eating. so don't complain about the people touching the rice. is not as if you are eating the rice grain whole with the hull, bran and seed inside.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Rokaa(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
princetom1:
Una see something, and government go dey shout we build mill, we give them this and that... Why then is all these ones not processed? Do we need a fortune teller to know that they will make more money wen it is processed? angry

Kebbi have two working rice mills already (wacot & labana), with a very good processing capacity, both owned by individual entrepreneurs.

Some families in the north process rice by themselves, some dont even buy rice at all, they farm, process and store their grains for the year.

Others that are'nt farmers buy from the markets

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by NafeesaAA(f): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
Malawian:
They wont even develop their own markets, next they will be saying they were denied shops in the south.

We can see how you guys developed Ariaria market in Aba

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good but
Packagin is zero
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by lonelydora: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
I visited Yauri Rice market while I was in kebbi state.

Rice is very cheap there.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by NafeesaAA(f): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
johnjay4u2u:
Good but
Packagin is zero

But the same rice from Labana mill in Kebbi was send to feed ya people in Aba

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Rokaa(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nwachineke1980:
The rice here is not even up four trailers.Kebbi state government should tell us how much it has made as IGR from this before I can take them serious.I am sure it is not even up to 50,000 naira.

Below was one man's harvest

Kebbi have over 300,000 rice farmers

Most farmers sell rice at the farm.

Others sell the riped farm itself for mills to harvest.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
princetom1:
Una see something, and government go dey shout we build mill, we give them this and that... Why then is all these ones not processed? Do we need a fortune teller to know that they will make more money wen it is processed? angry

How i wish I can give you money You sound so intelligent...
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by adehika: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bullhari007:
look like where mad people are doing business... you go find all the stones David used to kill Goliath in those infected unhygienic rice, person wey never bath for a whole year dey touch rice u won make i chop I prefer my mama gold joor .... abeg why this desert people are allergic to water
the one wey you dey eat, u know how them do am?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by NafeesaAA(f): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
Same Kebbi produce 50% of the Onions we consume in the country from the same desert and barren land

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by lalo128: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
Weselion:
Nigeria; a country with so many unexplored opportunities.
the only person that said something interesting.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by lPOB: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Caliente:

How about the Igbo importers import something that we cannot produce in Nigeria? How about Abakaliki develop their rice farm and market? How about the Igbo importers invest in Innoson and make it a global brand?

An importer is an importer.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by NafeesaAA(f): 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Malawian:
They wont even develop their own markets, next they will be saying they were denied shops in the south.

We saw how you guys developed, modernized Ariaria market to international standard.

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by kikake: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
TEYA:
But the Jews amidst us say we will starve once they get their Biafra. Ok. We shall see.

Eat your Rice and other foods in the north in your north - and wherever else that want to share country with the north.

There is no zone in Nigeria which cannot feed its people from its agriculture.

Peace is very relevant for development.
Those you call Jews of Nigeria, they wanna leave Nigeria for their own country.

Can't you live in your own country without the Jews, then eat your Rice and other foods bellyful?
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
NafeesaAA:

But the same rice from Labana mill in Kebbi was send to feed ya people in Aba

Abeg, I be Yoruba
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Praktikals(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
lPOB:
smiley one part of the country has been given an advantage
languorous Nnamdi Cownu ass licker, dem hold una hand say make una no farm?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Bullhari007(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
adehika:

the one wey you dey eat, u know how them do am?
and who told u I dey eat this kind rice
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Bullhari007(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
zikter:
come on, you don't have to be this ignorant. first they are going to remove the hull(hard external part), then remove the bran(brownish part) during polishing before the edible seed. this process involves heat treatment with water which removes dirt, kill germs etc. now you will still wash and cook your rice thoroughly before finally eating. so don't complain about the people touching the rice. is not as if you are eating the rice grain whole with the hull, bran and seed inside.
I hope u have iron molars to grind those Heavy stones
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by ajepako(f): 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yelwa Yauri ...

The place where l did my NYSC in 2001

Very nice ,peaceful and hospitable people..

They made my service enjoyable

God bless Kebbi state..
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Mcreloaded(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
There should be a rice mill there but then the Nigerian way of selling crude oil and buying petrol is what's happening where the rice is sold and layer bought back after processed
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by czarina(f): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
rusher14:

It's not government's duty to build mills.

Since you have seen an opportunity make the best use of it.
not their duty yes, but building mills run by government would help the farmer and also boost the economy. That's not to say capable individuals should fold their hands and pretend not to see this opportunity though.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by OAUTemitayo: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
lPOB:
smiley

This is development, yes it's great.

But in like fashion, one part of the country has been given an advantage, while no one cares about the others.

Short sighted 'leaders' didn't even see this coming... But here it is.

Once again, it's good. But don't shove it down our throats.

Allow Igbo importers bring in their own rice, and let the people decide which one they want to eat.
Height of ignorance.
Nigeria should open its border to all sort of rice?
So that you people can import plastic rice?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
lPOB:
smiley

This is development, yes it's great.

But in like fashion, one part of the country has been given an advantage, while no one cares about the others.

Short sighted 'leaders' didn't even see this coming... But here it is.

Allow Igbo importers bring in their own rice, and let the people decide which one they want to eat.

See how you disgraced urself ..
Which country in the world alows for import of goods or service it is trying to build up ?
China closed up its borders to grow its home economy, before opening up to the world when it had attained foid sufficiency.

Tge opportunity was for all part of the country to key into rice farming...Lagos did, Akwa Ibom state governor udom, is working on it .. But ipob wants to import... Shame on on... Tell me the world economy standing on importation

God forbid Aks ever be cursed into goin with Biafra.. Abasi Akan idiok mkpo

1 Like

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by zikter(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bullhari007:
I hope u have iron molars to grind those Heavy stones
during rice milling, there is a stone removing machine on the line. however, if the milling process does not have such a machine, you can simply sieve out the stones which usually settle at the bottom of your pot after parboiling. even in some mama gold, one can still see stones especially the ones sold measured in the market. point is don't discredit the rice because of the way it is produced and sold. those people or farmers you see eat a lot of it, but is not as if they die younger than some of us that eat mama gold
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by farmgate: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
.. But here it is.

Allow Igbo importers bring in their own rice, and let the people decide which one they want to eat.[/quote]

Who benefit when you import rice from Thailand, Vietnam, India and the rest through illegal means.
Just think for a second. Sorry don't meant to insult just thinking let the other state Governor take advantage of this and build rice mill and process the rice grow in North, look at lagos for example. Lagos is buying the paddle rice from kebbi and process. Lagos will soon start rice farming within the south west region and process in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Bullhari007(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
zikter:
during rice milling, there is a stone removing machine on the line. however, if the milling process does not have such a machine, you can simply sieve out the stones which usually settle at the bottom of your pot after parboiling. even in some mama gold, one can still see stones especially the ones sold measured in the market. point is don't discredit the rice because of the way it is produced and sold. those people or farmers you see eat a lot of it, but is not as if they die younger than some of us that eat mama gold
we are still learner in rice processing, have u ever ate Thai rice b4 meanwhile i don't want to suffer kidneystone
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Adeoba10(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kingluqman89:
[b]Have been to Kebbi state before, lived there for months. I must tell you that they have rice in that state alot but most of the rice are sandy one and this is because it is not a processed rice. If you go to their hospitals, you will see people queue to be operated because of appendix, this is as the result of this brown rice you are seeing. Their doctors are the best in operating appendix.
Goverment just need to intervene so as to help the Nation..
...but from London, there wont be any intervention.
Buhari why?
You are 100%right....
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by farmgate: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Which country in the world alows for import of goods or service it is trying to build up ?
China closed up its borders to grow its home economy, before opening up to the world when it had attained foid sufficiency.

Tge opportunity was for all part of the country to key into rice farming...Lagos did, Akwa Ibom state governor udom, is working on it .. But ipob wants to import... Shame on on... Tell me the world economy standing on importation

Thank you for educating that young man. We need to change their orientation. Let our money remain here. That is the way to go
Let other complete the value chain
Lagos already taking the lead as Nigeria no 1 commercial city with mill and processing
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by zikter(m): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bullhari007:
we are still learner in rice processing, have u ever ate Thai rice b4 meanwhile i don't want to suffer kidneystone
yes, I ate Thai rice. unfortunately most of the Thai and Indian rice imported in Nigeria are almost or already expired. and by the way stones or sand in general does not have anything to do with kidney Stone. kidney stone is caused by different condition(s) as it were. but to avoid it or keep your kidney healthy, taking reasonable quantity of water in a day can be a good starting point.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Olafisoyem: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bullhari007:

You really don't have sense.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by lPOB: 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

I don't respond to dolts.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Bullhari007(m): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
Olafisoyem:

You really don't have sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worst Days Over For Nigerias Economy, Says Tony Elumelu / Opay Agent: How To Receive A Free POS From Opay / Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.