Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. (24621 Views)

NIGERIA’S RICE MARKET: Thai Exporters Cut 2020 Export Forecast By 5m Tonnes / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Contacts In Aliero Market, Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by maisauki: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nwachineke1980:
The rice here is not even up four trailers.Kebbi state government should tell us how much it has made as IGR from this before I can take them serious.I am sure it is not even up to 50,000 naira.
which one has ur Governor do?
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Daboomb: 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
lPOB:
smiley

This is development, yes it's great.

But in like fashion, one part of the country has been given an advantage, while no one cares about the others.

Short sighted 'leaders' didn't even see this coming... But here it is.

Once again, it's good. But don't shove it down our throats.

Allow Igbo importers bring in their own rice, and let the people decide which one they want to eat.

The selfishness that runs in the blood of you people, ehn! angry shocked shocked
Okay, the igbo importers should just make sure they provide their and source own foreign currency, for such imports.
No more shouting Govt, Govt is not giving us Dollars, as you people were doing up till early this year, before Govt crashed the dollar.

Greedy fucktards.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Daboomb: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
lPOB:

An importer is an importer.

And a greedy one for that matter.
Tighten Dollar supply and they would all go hungry and die-off like flies.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Daboomb: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
kikake:

Eat your Rice and other foods in the north in your north - and wherever else that want to share country with the north.

There is no zone in Nigeria which cannot feed its people from its agriculture.

Peace is very relevant for development.
Those you call Jews of Nigeria, they wanna leave Nigeria for their own country.

Can't you live in your own country without the Jews, then eat your Rice and other foods bellyful?

Is it the same Jews that were shivering and begging Arewa Youths to rescind their Oct 1 ultimatum for them to vamoose to their Niafraud?

Abeg, those guys are nothing but chest-beating cowards.

They wanna leave but have nowhere to go!
shocked shocked grin grin undecided undecided
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by easyhacq(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
lPOB:
smiley

This is development, yes it's great.

But in like fashion, one part of the country has been given an advantage, while no one cares about the others.

Short sighted 'leaders' didn't even see this coming... But here it is.

Once again, it's good. But don't shove it down our throats.

Allow Igbo importers bring in their own rice, and let the people decide which one they want to eat.
who stop igbos from doing their businesses.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by JikanBaura(m): 12:14am On Jul 30, 2017
cheesy That's my state
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by fleetfeet: 2:19am On Jul 30, 2017
FYI mama gold rice is Nigerian rice produced by OLAM. They buy from markets like these.

Bullhari007:
look like where mad people are doing business... you go find all the stones David used to kill Goliath in those infected unhygienic rice, person wey never bath for a whole year dey touch rice u won make i chop I prefer my mama gold joor .... abeg why this desert people are allergic to water
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by fleetfeet: 2:29am On Jul 30, 2017
Agriculture is a value chain-some focus mainly on inputs and all, some make more money when you plant, some focus on farming and that's all, some others come into the pix when the farmers harvest, some others wait at the market for these guys to bring so they can buy and process, while some will rather buy the finished material and eat. It's a chain where value is exchanged, no one person can do everything as you will be exposed to too much risk. That market is in order, you have them like that for every commodity even the tomatoes that you consume.
DaV8King:
Value addition and processing is obviously so lacking.

Imagine how much extra profit will be retained in that community, and in Nigeria.

If only those farmers had proper mills and a government backed(not managed) cooperative to work with.

Chei, our people really lack due to consistently poor quality leadership, and not due to where they are from.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by fleetfeet: 2:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Countries are looking inwards in the new world order, yet Nigerians won't stop the craze to import. Local production is how solid economies grow, serious economies are built on long, sustainable indices-not get rich quick/instant results policies. For any brand to become global it must first dominate it's local market. Innoson isn't interested in doing business, they want contracts where they can supply cars and make their money quickly, they don't want to compete with the global brands on ground. Innoson should focus on the nigeria/west africa markets and target 1 in every 10 west African to own an Innoson vehicle. No one wants to know what tribe he belongs to-let him make a good car and give me reason why I should buy it. That is what the global brands do.

Caliente:

How about the Igbo importers import something that we cannot produce in Nigeria? How about Abakaliki develop their rice farm and market? How about the Igbo importers invest in Innoson and make it a global brand?
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by giftiy(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2017
princetom1:
Una see something, and government go dey shout we build mill, we give them this and that... Why then is all these ones not processed? Do we need a fortune teller to know that they will make more money wen it is processed? angry
some are seedlings no need for processing
besides agric is chains
producers -processer - marketers consumers .
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by giftiy(m): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
So why is rice still so expensive
rice has become the stable nigeian food
every house cook rice once in a day
there by making the demand high
and quantity produced still low
as population is increasing by d day.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:01am On Jul 30, 2017
giftiy:

rice has become the stable nigeian food
every house cook rice once in a day
there by making the demand high
and quantity produced still low
as population is increasing by d day.

It is being painted as if it is surplus.
With what I understand, if supply is more than demand, there is surplus and prices tend to fall or normalize.

And in the East here cassava(garri /fufu) is the number one food followed by indomie.
Rice is a distant third.
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by TEYA: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
kikake:

Eat your Rice and other foods in the north in your north - and wherever else that want to share country with the north.

There is no zone in Nigeria which cannot feed its people from its agriculture.

Peace is very relevant for development.
Those you call Jews of Nigeria, they wanna leave Nigeria for their own country.

Can't you live in your own country without the Jews, then eat your Rice and other foods bellyful?
Did I say the Jews should not go? No! Did I say they cannot survive without us? No! They are the ones that said I cannot do without them. We shall see!
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by giftiy(m): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

It is being painted as if it is surplus.
With what I understand, if supply is more than demand, there is surplus and prices tend to fall or normalize.

And in the East here cassava(garri /fufu) is the number one food followed by indomie.
Rice is a distant third.
the truth is that since importation of
some food produce has been stopped partially.
more people need to embrace Agric more for prices of food produce to reduce.
in the east a chain of cassava (11x11) m goes for 30-35k. now can u imagine that.
God help us all
Re: Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
giftiy:

the truth is that since importation of
some food produce has been stopped partially.
more people need to embrace Agric more for prices of food produce to reduce.
in the east a chain of cassava (11x11) m goes for 30-35k. now can u imagine that.
God help us all

The truth is the government at hand messed up big time.
They lacked tact and diplomacy in handling things.

We went ten years forward as a capitalist nation without preparing for it.
Even if everyone goes into agriculture, without active competition from Government for price regulation, price of things will still be high.
The aim of every business man is maximum profit.

The present government failed woefully on food planning and policies.

" SWIXXKNIGHT "

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? / Opay Agent: How To Receive A Free POS From Opay / Dead-Man Withdraws N20,000 From Account In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.