Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

How to tackle husband's affair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to tackle husband's affair (2297 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / How To Tackle Naysayers / Akwa Ibom Govt. Sets Up Family Court To Tackle Alleged Child Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to tackle husband's affair by madeleine: 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2005
I am looking for some advice, for the last couple of weeks I have been piecing together my husband's comments, actions, text messages, receipts, behaviour etc, and am certain he is having an affair with the new girl at work.

Lat night was the clincher, he has been Christmas shopping and left it in boot of the car, went to check on it last night after he had gone to bed, one of the things I found was 2 sets of underwear but completely nothing like my size, obviously she has a better figure than me(but I am still losing weight from having baby).

I will be double checking tomorrow (he is on works night out tonight) that they are no longer in the car, meaning that he has given them to her.

We have been together for 12 years, have 3 children, youngest is a few months old, have had some patchy times in the past but always worked through them, and thought that right now everything was going great.

Anyway, the dilemma I have is this, I have decided that I do not want to be with this man any more, I would never be able to trust him, I thought I would confront him after Christmas so it is as normal as possible for the kids. But it is really upsetting me, I can't eat, can't sleep, I started crying in the car on the way to the shops today.

So I think I want to confront him about it tomorrow night but maybe suggest that he stays till after Christmas so it is not too awful for the kids.

Does anyone have any suggestions, any help or advice?
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by oju(f): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2005
made babe,

one thing i want u to get straight is to feel inseure about yrself.

your size has nothing to do with yr husband wandering if u were madonna, beyounce to mention just a few he will still stray.

as to what 2 do, about this issue
one minute u said u thought the r/ship was great and later u don't want to see him.

i believe caught in the act once is not enough grounds for divorce.

pls talk to him calmly about it and then u can make up yr mind after his response but also note that he might be head strong about it at 1st so pray 4 wisdom from the giver (BabaGod) if u still want to remain married.

i tell u some thing there is nothin out there better the devil u know than the angel u don't.

cheers all the best.
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by madeleine: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2005
Thanks for your rcomments, i know it sounds a bit flippant to say i don't want him anymore, but we have been getting on well, back to having sex, joking with each other, he has been making an effort with me, telling me I am so beautiful and all that, I read this is one of the signs, that he pays more attention because he is feeling guilty.

There is other stuff that has happened in the past that might make it easier to see why I have had enough. We actually split up a few years ago for a few months, we really weren't getting on and it was him who kicked me out with the kids, he went with a few other women, again only found this out through snooping, had asked him to tell me of he started seeing anyone so I knew where I stood, but he said he didn't becasue he didn't want to hurt me! Said he then realised he wanted me, I put it down to an early 'mid-life crisis' and we got back together and our relationship grew stronger from there.

I actually had a dream a few weeks ago before I began piecing things together properly, in the dream he was having an affair, I told him about the dream and asked him if he was having an affair, he said no, then quietly said, no yet, I asked him to repeat what he said, but just said he was joking.

It just seems like one thing too many to have happened to us.
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by Fumi(f): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2005
Hello,

im very sorry for your situation. But one thing i need to ask is: ARE YOU REALLY SURE HE IS CHEATING ON YOU? Maybe he bought the underwear for you? Some guys are not good in checking the right size at all! My ex-boyfriend never bought the right size of clothes for me...or maybe just once in 5 years LOL grin - he always missed it...

If you are 100 % sure, he is cheating on you, confront him! But make sure, that you have a place to go to, if the situation is getting out of hand. My ex was trying to beat me, because if found out, he was cheating on me for a long time. BUT try to keep the kids out of this.
Seeing, how parents quarrel or fight, could be horrible for them.
And if you fill for divorce, you need 1.) a good lawyer and 2.) support of your family and friends. Without support it will be hard for you.

I dont want to recommend divorce for you, but if you have the feeling, that you cant bear it anymore - leave him!
I think its better for kids to have a happy mother than parents who quarrel all the time.

Take care

fumi
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by boye1: 4:47am On Dec 18, 2005
dont really wanna talk on this issue but i have to,whatever ur decision is think of the kids.dont make decisions selfishly,cos u might regret it am talking from experience.take care
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by Oracle(m): 1:21am On Dec 19, 2005
im sorry bout the situation madeline but uv gotta be patient and wise
u might confront him and realise he's not cheating
im not saying u're wrong but itz better u tread wisely in such issues as marriage
the best formula i believe 4 it
is try to catch him red handed and just walk out quietly
he'll be so ashamed and frightened he'll stop
but for now stay calm till u're 100% sure he's cheatinng on you
then just speak out your mind to him
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by dremoney(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2007
Fumi:

Hello,

im very sorry for your situation. But one thing i need to ask is: ARE YOU REALLY SURE HE IS CHEATING ON YOU? Maybe he bought the underwear for you? Some guys are not good in checking the right size at all! My ex-boyfriend never bought the right size of clothes for me, or maybe just once in 5 years LOL grin - he always missed it,

If you are 100 % sure, he is cheating on you, confront him! But make sure, that you have a place to go to, if the situation is getting out of hand. My ex was trying to beat me, because if found out, he was cheating on me for a long time. BUT try to keep the kids out of this.
Seeing, how parents quarrel or fight, could be horrible for them.
And if you fill for divorce, you need 1.) a good lawyer and 2.) support of your family and friends. Without support it will be hard for you.

I don't want to recommend divorce for you, but if you have the feeling, that you can't bear it anymore - leave him!
I think its better for kids to have a happy mother than parents who quarrel all the time.

Take care

fumi

shey na deaf n dumb dey wory u abi na read n not understand?
somebody dey tell u koro-koro xperience,u still dey ask stupid question,

@topic,
sory maam bout d whole issue but one thing u have to get straight is gettin to live alone after so many years of marriage aint easy n might lead to frustration.
D devil u know is waay beta than d angel u dont know,
wat u need is to continue wit ur endurance n persevere til he changes.
better still,try n get to know wat changed him 4rm the man u r used to b4 marriage.
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by weyi: 7:13pm On May 14, 2007
:Dhang in there girl,dnt jump into any conclusions and dont do anything harsh even if it si true, i thot my husband my husband was havg an affair,the hthot almost drove me mad.i donno we are all human but if he relly loves u,when u ask him nicely he will deny it but probably end it too,afterall he chose u to be his for better for worse
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by dremoney(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2007
weyi:

:Dhang in there girl,dnt jump into any conclusions and don't do anything harsh even if it si true, i thot my husband my husband was havg an affair,the hthot almost drove me mad.i donno we are all human but if he relly loves u,when u ask him nicely he will deny it but probably end it too,afterall he chose u to be his for better for worse

what r u sain?

Re: How to tackle husband's affair by beegirl: 12:11pm On May 16, 2007
hey, i think she posted this 2005 and this is 2007
madeleine ,wat up? how far?what has happened?i pray the lord would make you strong for the kids
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by dremoney(m): 1:41pm On May 16, 2007
2005 ke?
its still relevant anyway.
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by iyken(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2007
contact cheaters.com and confirm before any move embarassed
Re: How to tackle husband's affair by beegirl: 10:45pm On May 16, 2007
dremoney:

2005 ke?
its still relevant anyway.

no one said it wasn't relevant just that 2yrs makes a differences in once;s life so we need to know where she stand with him now before one can comment.

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Of Married Women / I Married A Devils Incarnate: Am Been Very Sincere Nt Fables / Wedding Date Palaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.