Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Why Are You A Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You A Christian? (5729 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Rebuttal: Can A Christian Owned A Slave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by kenzysmith: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2017
Wey bottle i wan break this op head op lie say non because of heaven u turn christain we should all stop deceiving ourselves heaven play a major role in christainty mostly in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2017
zicky:
I just feel Comfortable being a Christian. Love to be like Christ, loving, gentle, compassionate, peaceful.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by ReubenE(m): 7:00am On Jul 30, 2017
I'm a christian because Christ is pure and true. His teachings made me compassionate, and above all, there is freedom in his presence.
When you surrender to Jesus, your liberty is guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by kenzysmith: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2017
The fear of hell bro stop deceving us me n u kw wat am talking abt
zicky post=ki58966447:
I just feel Comfortable being a Christian.
Love to be like Christ, loving, gentle, compassionate, peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Lanceslot(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2017
greatiyk4u:
I am actually a Christian today because I met my parents there.............

If my parents were in other religion, and breed me up there, I wouldn't have been a Christian today

If Christians practice what the Bible teaches, there would have been relative peace in the world particularly IGBO LAND that is predominantly christians

So OP you are not a CHRISTIAN if you don't follow the ways of christ with his cross and become light among all men
You mean there's religious crisis in Igbo land?
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by psalmson001: 7:03am On Jul 30, 2017
To become a Christian.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by sabdok(m): 7:04am On Jul 30, 2017
THE ONLY GOOD REASON IS BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN TO A XTIAN FAMILY , YOU would have being a muslim if u were born in Muslim family . this is correct of 99% of people. other reason you may have is 1% correct in practical sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by YelloweWest: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2017
Because I want to see Jesus... I really do.

So help me God.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by sendmeonly(m): 7:15am On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=Thepasserby post=58966378]I have been around on nairaland for quite some time now to witness how the atheist try to sell their faith to all and sundry. To them, they have read the Bible and have known the truth. Some even claimed the Bible never existed. They say they are now atheists because they have read the Bible.

So, here is a question Christians should answer. Why are you still a Christian?

To me, I am a Christian for the following reasons

1. I have found the truth in the words Of The scriptures and these truths have shaped my life.

2. I have found peace and fulfilment

3. Most importantly, I have found Jesus

Jesus loves you.

Actually I hold a contrary view why I am a Christian or better phrased should be a "Christian"-"Christ like".

My reasons are

1. Christs's life style is my mirror which I pray to emulate not just only in words but in character.

2. I am hoping to be like Christ someday cos he was willing to pay the ultimate prize for my redemption and "theirs" though they - atheist fail to recognize this.

3. There is so much hope, faith and spiritual awakening if we know Christ, and if we can have a vision of what Christ truly is apart from the conventional ways all the thieves calling themselves pastors and overseer portraying CHRIST to be. He has exemplified leadership both in words and character therefore worthy to be the Only WAY-TRUTH-LIFE because He is my yardstick to the Holy Spirit personified even now in human form(Lets leave that for another day).

I have redemption through the DIEING ON THE CROSS

IN CONCLUSION WITH HIM THERE IS DIRECTION TO THE TRUINE GOD NOW MANIFEST ON �

THANK YOU FATHER for choosing my as a vessel unto honour may I always see our Lord Jesus Christ as my Super Star

Amen

A faithful of BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by YelloweWest: 7:17am On Jul 30, 2017
kenzysmith:
The fear of hell won't stop people from going to hell.

Is like saying the death penalty or jail will stop people from committing crime.

There has to be a much more deeper passion for being a true Christian other than fear...
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by zicky(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2017
kenzysmith:
The fear of Hell might have kept you a Christian for other its the Joy of Heaven, to me its the love of Christ. So bruv no one is deceiving you, whatever keep you faith going
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2017
rheether:
Because I was born a xtian and my parents are Christians.
Most feasible answer so far..

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2017
I am "God's unit". I can be a christian today to connect with Christians, moslem to connect with Moslems.... free yourself from tags and labels
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 30, 2017
I am "God's unit". I can be a christian today to connect with Christians, moslem to connect with Moslems.... free yourself from tags and labeld

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Beckham14: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2017
lifeispeace:
what exactly are you enjoying?
Paying tithes or being touched by the Holy Spirit?
I know your type, infact, I was once like you. But I'll advice you to seek Him again cos you're drifting away. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by lifeispeace: 7:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Beckham14:
I know your type, infact, I was once like you. But I'll advice you to seek Him again cos you're drifting away. smiley

drifting away from what exactly?
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by dave06(f): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Because I was born into a Christian home by Christian parents. I could have been a Muslim or Buddhist or Hindu if my parents were one.

I don't think it shut be because of your parents. Choose for yourself.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Beckham14: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2017
lifeispeace:
drifting away from what exactly?
The last thread you created is another talking point, but let us just leave it that way. Good morning.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by emerged01(m): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2017
For the fact that I'm saved,and the peace of mind I'm enjoying. Having a true companion,a comforter.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by lifeispeace: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2017
Beckham14:
The last thread you created is another talking point, but let us just leave it that way. Good morning.
lol...
Say hi to God for me when you go to church smiley wink
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by dodelight(m): 7:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Because I have a good relationship with Christ, and I know (have a sure fellowship with) the same God of Abraham
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Lawless101(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2017
Am still a christian because christianity is real. Jesus Christ is the way and the key to my salvation. Above all i believe in the holy trinity and i want to live a happy and peaceful life with my creator after this my life on this our fearful life on earth.... I cant come to this world and the truth will be revealed to me and i will still be adamant to adhere to it. What could be my reason for not believing the truth about christ and eternal life?
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Beckham14: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2017
lifeispeace:
lol...
Say hi to God for me when you go to church smiley wink
Lol, you're His daughter, He'll definitely hear you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by orunto27: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2017
Christianity is the finite Church, Jerusalem, Group, Frontier and Destination to be found!!
Christianity means "The Righteous"!!!
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Hussainvictor12: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2017
I'm a Christian cuz I was born into it, but I love christ too
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by sesaan(m): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2017
Thepasserby:
I have been around on nairaland for quite some time now to witness how the atheist try to sell their faith to all and sundry. To them, they have read the Bible and have known the truth. Some even claimed the Bible never existed. They say they are now atheists because they have read the Bible.

So, here is a question Christians should answer. Why are you still a Christian?

To me, I am a Christian for the following reasons

1. I have found the truth in the words Of The scriptures and these truths have shaped my life.

What truth ? please elaborate

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by jamace(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2017
"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Gandhi

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by 0b100100111: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2017
Majority would lie to answer the question claiming spiritual attachment when it's physical!

Over 80% of followers inherited it from there parents!

Less than 5% would believe it if Christianity had just gotten to Africa in 2017.

It's more like a culture being passed on without the new sheep's asking Why, When,Where and How there forefathers met with the religion.

No one told them it was imported into the country by "Oyinbo who there forefathers believed then that everything they sold to them, they imbibed.

No one told them the religion and slavery moved side by side into Africa

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Hier(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2017
I am a Christian because I feel closer to God when I pray.

I bless God for the pentecostal joy I have and victory over sin and death. See signature for more info
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 30, 2017
Because God is my Potter and I AM the Clay

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by xcolanto(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2017
I am one because Christ died for me on the cross and paid for my sins, sickness and salvation. I would not waste his price for me so I have and must identify with him because he first loved me before I loved him.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by maisauki: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2017
I love d bible/christianity because of nehemia 8v1-8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Prophecy Of Obaofusa Against Mjbolt(both Nairalanders) / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / Principles Of Exchange, Your Channel For Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.