Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why Are You A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You A Christian? (5728 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Rebuttal: Can A Christian Owned A Slave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2017
First and foremost, it's a result of being born into a christian family under strict christian parents.....

Secondly, i chose to continue with it due to certain things that have occured in my life which proved that there is God....

Thirdly, its rules are not so akward, even though some humans take it upon themselves to be the enforcers and even add their own rules based on sentiments....

Lastly, we value peace.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by thorpido(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2017
There's only one true God.He sent Jesus................in Jesus is LIFE and the LIGHT.
There's no other path to follow.All other grounds is sinking sand.
I'm a Christian because of these.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by BlackyOne: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2017
"christain" means christlike or possessing jesus christ's attributes, some example are chastity and virtue, honesty, charity, sacrifice, peace- maker, all ways doing good, a friend to all (poor and rich), decency, obedient to earthly and heavenly parent, an upright man that ensheweth evil.

but today we have adulterers and furnicators, thiefs and dishonest people, slay queens and g-boys, false prophets and pastors, immoral people, killers of all that is good, blasphemous persons, hypocrites, lovers of money and pleasure more than lovers of God, truce breakers, converteous persons e.t.c who has taken the title of been called "christain" and they are not trying to even be like christ.

may God help us all as we try to be worthy of been called CHRISTAINS

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by sexiestharam(f): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2017
Y

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by MichaelUweh(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2017
Let me start by saying the word Christianity means life...then as a Christian, I am Christ like ...And I have dominion over everything... I mean everything.Christianity giving my and your life a meaning.... There is nothing like being a Christian.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2017
Firstly I was born a Christian! Christian home
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by nurusystem(m): 9:17am On Jul 30, 2017
Beckham14:
To enjoy the unceasing benefits of being a follower of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Pls verse and chapter where Jesus Christ could have said that I am the Lord and saviour. Plsss
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2017
Absolutely not!

Never-Never! kiss

Religion for dummies. smiley

I have my own 'God' o.

Thank you! kiss
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by pressplay411(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2017
zicky:
I just feel Comfortable being a Christian.
Love to be like Christ, loving, gentle, compassionate, peaceful.

I like this.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by pressplay411(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2017
Thepasserby:
I have been around on nairaland for quite some time now to witness how the atheist try to sell their faith to all and sundry. To them, they have read the Bible and have known the truth. Some even claimed the Bible never existed. They say they are now atheists because they have read the Bible.

So, here is a question Christians should answer. Why are you still a Christian?

To me, I am a Christian for the following reasons

1. I have found the truth in the words Of The scriptures and these truths have shaped my life.

2. I have found peace and fulfilment

3. Most importantly, I have found Jesus

Jesus loves you.

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

"Mosalashi don full like church full too. Who come be the people wey dey do the bad bad things?"
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2017
I'm a Christian because I believe in God Almighty, his son and holy spirit.

And I know no religion or belief can give me peace like the one our Lord Jesus Christ gave me even though am a sinner he keep answering my prayers.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by demytelly(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
Because It is an unregretable choice I made and desire to honour till my very last breathe.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by kokoboy4life(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thepasserby:
I have been around on nairaland for quite some time now to witness how the atheist try to sell their faith to all and sundry. To them, they have read the Bible and have known the truth. Some even claimed the Bible never existed. They say they are now atheists because they have read the Bible.

So, here is a question Christians should answer. Why are you still a Christian?

To me, I am a Christian for the following reasons

1. I have found the truth in the words Of The scriptures and these truths have shaped my life.

2. I have found peace and fulfilment

3. Most importantly, I have found Jesus

Jesus loves you.

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

To me there's no true Christian person in Nigeria many people troops to church just because they are frustrated and confused about life's activities till we have a better society where things works in proper way like other developed countries by then we would ascertain the real people that practice true Christianity in our country.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by SmartyPants(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
if you haven't already seen this thread, i think you all should.

Why Christianity is the Only Religion for Me
https://www.nairaland.com/3943480/why-christianity-only-religion-me
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jesus saved me from blindness
I am alive today because of Jesus

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by lereinter(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
zicky:
I just feel Comfortable being a Christian. Love to be like Christ, loving, gentle, compassionate, peaceful.
were u not born into christianity
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by zicky(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
lereinter:

were u not born into christianity
Remaining a Christian was up to me

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by aydes: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Wirh God I found peace. "Jesus is the way the truth and the light". You can never miss road involving Him in all your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by kumulus(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
WE ALL COEXIST

••• And ye shall marvel when ye shall meet this TRUTH

( have the bolded letters in mind always )
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Lex11(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
... for a number of real reasons, including that "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Jesus Christ the Lord of lords, and King of kings...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Prophecy Of Obaofusa Against Mjbolt(both Nairalanders) / Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ. / An Invitation To A Theological Discuss On One Corinthians Chapter Four

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.