Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally (8876 Views)

FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions / The Lagos Of Our Dreams: This Is What Lagos Will Be Like By 2025 - Ambode / Model Of Proposed Flyover And Pedestrian Bridges At Pen Cinema, Agege (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by OkoYibo: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Oh God, let ipob March in Lagos. Please, let them make the mistake of marching in Lagos, Amen.

That's all I would say for now.
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Ojiofor: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Lol what exactly does he want in Lagos? His attitude and pride is just becoming increasingly annoying

Are there not Igbo people living in Lagos in large numbers?
IPOB is not making teritorial claims in SW,Nnamdi Kanu is going to Lagos to visit IPOB members living in Lagos and you can't stop him.
Kwankwaso has been visiting Hausa communities in all corners of Nigeria and no one have stoped him.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Sagay212: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
lPOB:

Amara, it's not a protest. It's only to sensitize igbos in Lagos, to understand their plight as many of them have invested massively and are scared of their losses.

This is one of the major reasons why some igbos are against the struggle, and with this meeting, both sides (IPOB and Igbos outside biafraland) will know how best to protect investments/returnees.

What sense is the animal coming to sensitise ? Please tell me the job or business kanu does or is into. Tell me the properties he owns. Answer the questions and don't trade the usual insults. You want to come and sensitise people who are more successful than your entire generation. A lazy, jobless, hopeless, fraudulent miscreant wants to come and teach sensitise successful igbos on how to do what exactly? what was he doing when his equals were working hard? he was doing fraud in England and when he didn't succeed, he decided to start shouting biafrau.d or death because he knows a lot hopeless ipods will follow him and he'll be able to scam them to feed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by mchenryking0(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
Some people messiah. I just pity the end result if this guy is not put on check in time. Do the Igbo think dat silence from other ethnic groups in Nigeria make them fool.
A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Vutseck(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
skedman:
illiterate
professor opkolo eye
don't let if fall o .
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oyatz(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
Is it the zoo that will give them Biafra?

nabiz:
Bros how does protesting in lagos means creating an enemy? Haven't you sometimessometimes go to national assembly in abuja to protest does that make you an enemy of abuja. I think the want to tell the world their issues as some their embassy is in lagos
Nigerian has right to spirit protest every as far as it is peaceful. As for now they are Nigerian till you give the Biafra.
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Iamzik: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
All these shouting upandan

Give us the date. We want to start preparing for our August visitor.

How can you inform foreign embassies and we lagosians are not informed?

Enough of propaganda... Let IPOB Announce the date and venue.

Until then save your rant and chest beating.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oyatz(m): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
The problems with most Nigerian 'tribal freedom fighters' is that
1) They equate political contests with tribal contests

2) When Politicians from certain tribes lose out in political contests, they shout that their tribes are being marginalized.

3) The problems facing an average Igbo family is almost the same ( igbos ,in fact may even be better) as those facing an average family in Mambila, Biu, Damaturu, Bauchi, Kebbi, Ilorin or Lokoja.

Only the masses (about 90% of Nigerians) are truly marginalized by the ruling elites (from all tribes).

Amarabae:
Igbos need a voice to fight marginalised but I don't want a voice that will end up attracting huge enemity for the Igbos.
Protesting in Lagos is looking for Yoruba trouble and attracting backlash to the law abiding Igbos doing business and living in Lagos.
Kanu goofed on this one. He is turning into an arrogant man.
Lack of diplomacy is one of the key problems in Problem.
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by nisai: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
9jakool:

Ahh...the same regurgitated lies. It never gets old. As we speak, the biggest investment in the Lagos/SW that is not led by an indigine is led by a Hausa man. We are talking about life-changing economic investments, not gala businesses or corner shops (no offense).

Come to think of it, the Hausas are much more humble, you see them conducting trade in just about every commercial centers and markets you can think of and yet you don't see them making a big noise about it.
Lol grin grin
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oyatz(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
When did IPOB suddenly realize they need allies when they were spewing and preaching hatred against the Yoruba people on Radio Biafra , their facebook page, IgbereTV and several online media?
The hatred generated through IPOB incitement against non-Igbo Nigerians in very barbaric and arrogant manners has robbed them of sympathy/support of the other non-Igbo Nigerians

Warship:

I know you are not an intelligent person that is why you made this comment

Every wise Yoruba person should quickly get Odua flags, meet IPOB and propose a combined rally in Lagos

While the Biafrans will continue their agitation for independence, the Yorubas with their flag threatening secession will definitely force the Northerners to accept Restructuring as a better alternative to Breakup

Learn to think and see far even though you are a woman.

Fani Kayode, Odumakin , Fayose and OPC leaders should lead this rally alongside the Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oluwabreezy: 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
The fact remains that the Igbo can't have their so called Biafra without the Yoruba consent.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by chubinwa(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
mehn.. I hav bin an ardent advocate. bt in dis scenario, I don't tink am consenting d idea even tho my consent is incognito. tink of d ibo bizness men ova dia, I kno definitely dey may come out to rally bt what will hapn after d rally.
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oyatz(m): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Point of correction sir.
1) Scotland was NEVER part of England, let alone breakaway from England

2) England and Scotland were different kingdoms with different legislatures but having the same monarch ( due to historical consanguineous marriages between royal families of the two kingdoms, it got to a stage that the heir to the English throne was also the heir to the Scottish throne, leading to generation of kings that have two kingdoms to rule)

3) through the act of Union of 1707, the two kingdoms were eventually merged to form United Kingdom of Great Britain.

4) The Scottish referendum of 2014 was to decide whether Scotland should continue in the United Kingdom or not.

adedayor08:

so only the igbos are wise ba?

that your wiseness can only lead you to another 3million casualty, hunger and suffering.

ask how Scotland broke out of England, or how are the catalonians going about their aggitation??

the you will understand that only empty drum makes huge noise
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by OkoYibo: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
successmatters:

Did IPOB arrest kumuyi with all the money he has been making in the over 10 visits he came to South East this year?

Why should anybody frown if Nnamdi Kanu is holding a rally in Lagos, Nigeria?

Kumuyi came to Abia against the warnings of Kanu and held a crusade in Umuahia near Kanu's village. Ipob couldn't do jack and Kanu ran off to London.

Let Kanu show that he's a man and do same in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oyatz(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Too many semi educated tribalists on Nairaland.

1) All the banks in Nigeria, right now are not sole proprietorship a.k.a one-man-bussiness and are PLC, publicly quoted companies on the Stock exchanges, so there have no tribal owners.
These banks are neither Yoruba nor igbo but have many numerous co-owners called shareholders from many tribes.

2) Dangote is a co-owner of his companies, he is like the Captain of groups of investors in vesting in in different sectors of the economy.

Stingman:

You reason like a child. Who owns GTBank? Many people other than Yorubas own shares and have deposits there...so what are you all about? In you analysis, it means Dangote does not own his companies as they are financed by banks and also individuals who own shares...
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by oyatz(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
Bros, the day you see a ripe banana on a banana tree is not the day it was planted.
The times you knew these people wasn't the time they started business.

These guys have been in businesses for over 10 years before these dates you are quoting.
Successful business men don't just start business at the point every body knows them..

drake2000x:

Adenuga started Globacom in 2003 with loan from Zenith
Otedola started Zenon distribution from loan from Diamond
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by chuksoyo21(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Know2020:
From a reliable source close to IPOB leadership, they have informed all Foreign Missions( Embassies and Consulates) in Lagos of the proposed IPOB Rally. The source confirmed that they would have put out the statement last week but were waiting on four other countries to confirm receipt of their Notice of Rally in Lagos. As of yesterday when the announcement was made, all countries have been dully informed. Some promised they will be sending unannounced representatives to monitor the event. Also confirmed is over 20 foreign media are already in Lagos. The source added that for IPOB to have done the unthinkable to organize the rally in Lagos is a sign of confidence that they have the backing of some powerful countries who have assured them to go ahead.

Biafra or Death...
we shall storm Lagos and heaven will not fall..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9gqPyOmMOk
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by RoyalUc(m): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Why go to Lagos at this time? Have you fully sensitized the Eastern states where many are still not in support of IPOB? Not even a visit to Asaba yet.
Clearly, this is a trap. NK knows going outside the Eastern states may trigger violence or resistance from the FGN or the usual 'i-don-kia' attitude from the near non-existent government we have in Nigeria. I guess the FGN had been calm knowing arresting/sentencing him may trigger violence that will definitely lead to the death of many innocent/ignorant ones. But NK doesn't seem to care about the lives of his people, after all he has said it's Biafra or death. A leader should care about the lives of his people. You may say 'there is nothing wrong with his protest as long as it remains peaceful.' How do violence break out? Is it not from quarreling/name calling that people move to exchanging blows?
Please NK, the world is not coming to an end tommorrow. There is plenty of time to strategize and set other logistics (territory, allies, economic policies, political structures, etc) in place before provoking a violent agitation. For the sake of a few innocent ones, please slow down and listen to the voice of reason. The world is watching!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Flagilator: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Honestly, I don't get it.

Why are you guys dissipating your youthful energy on failure-prone mission?

The last time I checked, protest is a non-violent public demonstration of a group to show disaffection to the action or policy of another group or government in their domain.

Now, Lagos state is a wrong place for this. It will make more meaning if you can stick your neck out and take this to Kaduna or Abuja where we have a group handing over a quit notice in declaration on one hand and/or National Assembly foot dragging on conduction of the much awaited referendum or restructuring on the other hand.

If any of these cannot be done, then all I can see is mere dissipation of youthful energy and massive loss of useful man hours.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Sammyjay4411(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
I would advise the ipob to restrict their protest to the south east, why bringing it to Lagos? I have supported this movement in the past but any thing that will hinder the economic activity of my region is a no no and will not be tolerated. there is a limit to which you can push someone, a word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by BigDealz: 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
Well, I'll advice my eastern friends to please come enmasse to Lagos; maybe when they see their hardworking friends who have made it through personal hustle and also see how a working society in Naija is working due to good governance, maybe they can have a re-think. Kindly come for this excursion, but remember, Lagos has its own laws, which is strictly followed. Don't come without reading up some of the laws that may prevent you from following your fellow brothers back home after d rally. KAI, Lastma etc no dey smile ooo
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by MaziOmenuko: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:
We are only requesting that most major roads in Lagos be shut to vehicular traffic so the children of God can March peacefully through Lagos. FRSC, police and army can help us because we are law abiding citizens. cheesy

Is that too much to ask? grin

Lol....shut down the major roads of Lagos so that you will march? You are a clown cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by lPOB: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Sagay212:

What sense is the animal coming to sensitise ? Please tell me the job or business kanu does or is into. Tell me the properties he owns. Answer the questions and don't trade the usual insults. You want to come and sensitise people who are more successful than your entire generation. A lazy, jobless, hopeless, fraudulent miscreant wants to come and teach sensitise successful igbos on how to do what exactly? what was he doing when his equals were working hard? he was doing fraud in England and when he didn't succeed, he decided to start shouting biafrau.d or death because he knows a lot hopeless ipods will follow him and he'll be able to scam them to feed

You want a response without insults but can you count the number of insults in your post?

Double standards ei?
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Sagay212: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
lPOB:

You want a response without insults but can you count the number of insults in your post?

Double standards ei?

I knew you were just gonna look for an excuse to dodge the questions. None of you ipods can answer these questions and it just shows that ya'll don't know what you are doing. Answer the questions and if you dont' know the answers, just move on.
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by lPOB: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Sagay212:

I knew you were just gonna look for an excuse to dodge the questions. None of you ipods can answer these questions and it just shows that ya'll don't know what you are doing. Answer the questions and if you dont' know the answers, just move on.

Whatever you think, it's up to you.

Next time be civil
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by victorDanladi: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
Running204:
The evil demons that God chased out of heaven won't like this one bit grin grin grin
like Nri....the man that colluded with devil to defraud God before he was banished.
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Sagay212: 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
lPOB:

Whatever you think, it's up to you.

Next time be civil

OK I apologise...please answer the questions.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by 7lives: 11:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
modik:

That rally is the mother of southern unity. You are spot on

It's not about NK, but that of SOUTHERN UNITY AGAINST OUR COMMON ENEMY OF PROGRESS...... .. .. .... ..... .. .... THE JIHADISTS!

Which SOUTHERN unity?, land grabbing mode activated again?, abeg follow your lane.
Wetin concern Yoruba with Southern unity? I would rather Yorubas unite with our KITHS AND KINS in the West coast.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by otosa(m): 12:30am On Jul 31, 2017
Vutseck:

Lagos is no man's land

hence we will shot it down

so u mean Ojora of Ijora came from Enugu or Aba.
You are a mumu which playing for Dundu United. Olodo oshi
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by Vutseck(m): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
otosa:
so u mean Ojora of Ijora came from Enugu or Aba.
You are a mumu which playing for Dundu United. Olodo oshi

chai. !

e pain am well well
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by ottohan: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
omenka:
You encourage them most of the time with your utterances, what then do you expect?

How've you been? Fam's being taken good care of I presume.

Have a lovely day ahead.
go and attend to the fulani herds men dat are raping agatu women in benue state and leave Biafra alone
Re: Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally by toolovely(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Amarabae:
Igbos need a voice to fight marginalized but I don't want a voice that will end up attracting huge enemity for the Igbos.
Protesting in Lagos is looking for Yoruba trouble and attracting backlash to the law abiding Igbos doing business and living in Lagos.
Kanu goofed on this one. He is turning into an arrogant man.
Lack of diplomacy is one of the key problems in Problem.

Amarabae, there's no single embassy in the east to go there to protest. atleast, for now, they are not asking for Lagos to join Biafra.

IPOB are protesting in USA, LONDON, GERMANY, SPAIN and other countries all over the world, does that mean they are looking for trouble in their host countries?
it should be a yorubas problem only when they are including Lagos in their propose Biafra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election / Ondo 2020: IGP Deploys Over 33,000 Personnel For Poll, Warns Political Thugs / Bauchi Governor, Bala Mohammed, Dissolves Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.