Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma (20046 Views)

Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / Beautiful Idoma Brides In Pictures / Igede Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
jesus500:
You disrespectful punk, how dare you utter such demeaning words against Igede! Let's see if the statuesque will remain, what is idoma's population compared to igede? Maybe slightly higher, we have been cheated politically at both the state and federal level since the creation of the state because you idoma people are selfish and hateful, you don't want an igede man to become a senator and control you, we have woken up, we are wiser now, its just a matter of time, just watch out, I'm repulsed by your insolence.
I'm doubting you are Igede. Just a quick question; how do you say left hand and right hand in Igede?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Igede is a tribe.
U guys should stop equating or misusing the word ethnic group/tribe.
I'm sure you're lost and need help. Kindly google the two sad

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by StarPlayer: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
I ask you, where when or how did we declare ourselves Tivs?

That was a very Silly remark to make.

Peace.
In my personal opinion I don't think we should go into all that, as there's nothing positive to come out of that discussion. We have to realise that there's no need creating divisions where there's absolutely no need to.
Imagine the utonkons, akpa and all start coming up with their own theories? Where would that lead everyone? Mind you every tribe in Nigeria has different dialects or accents as I may call it. As you're against secessionists in Nigeria, so should you be against divisions of any kind, afterall we are all brothers.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
charleff512:
But you failed to mention that your people are also in Cross River state correct me if am wrong
Nice piece!
Ur right bro thats my villa

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
Sweetguy25:
An Idoma person once told me Igede people are their slaves. Is this true?
Just the way yoruba is to hausa's
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Andrewkinggg: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
You are the most gullible liar I've ever met.

That's true bro!! Many people from egede here in Lagos try to align themselves to idoma.. They believe they are closely related to idoma than the Tiv
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by mankand(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
You can do them a favourbby starting up a petition and getting as much signatures you can get. I know Google will fix that.

I did the same 2 years ago by petitioning Google who translated Esu as satan, alas January last year it was rectified. On Google translator Esu is now Esu and it satan or devil anymore.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kindly google the two
PrecisionFx:

Igede is a tribe.
U guys should stop equating or misusing the word ethnic group/tribe.

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
KENFERDYOORI:
Wherefore Google misconstrues our tribe, we must correct the error. Lucky enough, we've come of age to speak for ourselves.
#IgedeIhiooo!
Obi be
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by jesus500(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
I'm doubting you are Igede. Just a quick question; how do you left hand and right hand in Igede?
I am fully an igede man, I have been following you on this forum for sometime now, nice to meet you.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
I was born and bred in the state capital, but never met one. Kindly show me one Ibo-speaking Benue indegene and we will know who's high. Just one.
Karlman:
...IGEDEBUSHBOY

are you high on mental medicament?

what in hell do you mean by (ghost) ibo speaking part?
...who else is on ghost mode in that state if not your IGEDE!
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by CaptainFM1: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
I can't verify your claims/complains. But try and channel this to the relevant authorities. They may not read or hear of this in the next 100years on Nairaland!
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Andrewkinggg: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
jesus500:
You disrespectful punk, how dare you utter such demeaning words against Igede! Let's see if the statuesque will remain, what is idoma's population compared to igede? Maybe slightly higher, we have been cheated politically at both the state and federal level since the creation of the state because you idoma people are selfish and hateful, you don't want an igede man to become a senator and control you, we have woken up, we are wiser now, its just a matter of time, just watch out, I'm repulsed by your insolence.

LoL has it been the idOma that has cheated the igede in the state? Lol you high on drugs brother! Igede has always been the ones riding high on ithe idoma's popularity against the TIV. You will hear an igede man say he's from 2face state, he's fr David mark state from terry G and so on..

The only time you igede can be close to anything in benue state is when yo align with the idoma, e no get way una fit do without am.

FYI I only knew igede was part of benue state few years ago...

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
sugardad1:
You forgot that we once had an Igede man as the Ochi doma! Oga stop confusing yourself!
And that translates to Igede and Idoma being the same, right Do yourself a favour, comment only on issues that are within the confines of your mental capacitance cool
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
alignacademy:

Quite educational

Hope you've also contacted the Google Team...or are they on Nairaland?
And that is all he can fathom out of the entire write up angry
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
So being a bush man from a particular area translates to copying a bush man from another area. I just feel like sitting on the ground and weeping for your mentality
ogorwyne:

Is his question not simple enough? Why you copy e name?

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

That's true bro!! Many people from egede here in Lagos try to align themselves to idoma.. They believe they are closely related to idoma than the Tiv
The fact they say they are "Closely Related to idomas" even validates my point more that the guy is the most pathetic and gullible liar I've ever met.

Saying "I'm closely related to Idomas" in fact means "I am not idoma" but CLOSE TO THEM.

Why then did he say Igedes say "they ARE Idomas"?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by jesus500(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

LoL has it been the idOma that has cheated the igede in the state? Lol you high on drugs brother! Igede has always been the ones riding high on ithe idoma's popularity against the TIV. You will hear an igede man say he's from 2face state, he's fr David mark state from terry G and so on..

The only time you igede can be close to anything in benue state is when yo align with the idoma, e no get way una fit do without am.

FYI I only knew igede was part of benue state few years ago...
With your mindset and view about igede, you are probably suffering from personality disorder, those are your own imagination, I have never mistaken my identity or aligned myself with idoma before, judging by your writings here, you think you are superior to us, nothing is eternal mr man, everything has it time, such derogatory remarks directed at us is unacceptable to me, I urge you to get off your high horse and refrain from such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Oboy I no copy your name. There are bush people from every ethnic group in the world
BiafraBushBoy:
But why you copy my name na

Igedebushboy

Biafrabushboy.

Nawa ooo... Una sabi copy copy for Nigeria ooo

Enjoy this erotic story for the weekend!! Men of god should stay off!!

Vaseline crew... Welcome!!

Sad story of a sex slave
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by ogorwyne(f): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
So being a bush man from a particular area translates to copying a bush man from another area. I just feel like sitting on the ground and weeping for your mentality
You talk too much. Was just joking around. Loosen up abeg

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
jesus500:
I am fully an igede man, I have been following you on this forum for sometime now, nice to meet you.
It was actually a question I asked. Please answer it. How do you say "left hamd" and "right hand" in Igede?
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by StarPlayer: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
Ajene was a two-faced bastard; only cared about his pocket. Declared ourselves as Tivs I guess u don't truly know the Igedes.
I don't think I need to argue with someone of your calibre. Your manner of approach has already put you off. Good bye
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by jesus500(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
It was actually a question I asked. Please answer it. How do you say "left hamd" and "right hand" in Igede?
I have forgotten bro, its been long I left home, but I am from ochiri iyeche in oju
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by omenka(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
jesus500:
I have forgotten bro, its been long I left home, but I am from ochiri iyeche in oju
Then you shouldn't have insulted Idomas that way on account of the dude's commwnt. He might not even be an Idoma guy, but just some hopeless troll trying to drive a wedge between us (Idomas and Igedes).
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by jesus500(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
Then you shouldn't have insulted Idomas that way on account of the dude's commwnt. He might not even be an Idoma guy, but just some hopeless troll trying to drive a wedge between us (Idomas and Igedes).
He asked for it, he shouldn't have said that.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Antymike: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
Igede is one tribe and ethnic group that is highly synonymous with Solomon's kind of wisdom. Practically, to find an Igede person everywhere in Nigeria and beyond with a good sense of reasoning and a mannered nature of being is a commonplace, yet, it is quite surprising when Nigerians still subsume the Igede people under the Idoma group as if they are naturally and nationally unheard of. This notion therefore, has to be corrected now and very fast to exonerate the Igede people and to let us have our place on the map of Nigeria.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
I STAND FOR SELF DETERMINATION BECAUSE I KNOW WHO I AM.
CC. EDUGBEKE ABOYI

2 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Andrewkinggg: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
jesus500:
With your mindset and view about igede, you are probably suffering from personality disorder, those are your own imagination, I have never mistaken my identity or aligned myself with idoma before, judging by your writings here, you think you are superior to us, nothing is eternal mr man, everything has it time, such derogatory remarks directed at us is unacceptable to me, I urge you to get off your high horse and refrain from such.

Bro it's not arrogancy or whatever that made me make such remark about igede. I have a brother in my church who says he's igede and some how tries to regards himself as being an Idoma.

I am not derogating the igedes I strongly believe we are even more related than anyone else in the whole of benue state. For long the idomas and igedes have been relegated in benue state by the TIV's hence why both tribes needs to be strong together
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by ihatesycophant(m): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Your tribe men and women have not done enough to make your tribe appear on the map because smaller villages and towns not the size of your tribe appear on the map e.g Egbe, Kabba, Oro etc. Your men and women need to wake up and showcase their tribe to the world.
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by Benzy001: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote GOD BLESS YOU author=Antymike post=58990458]Igede is one tribe and ethnic group that is highly synonymous with Solomon's kind of wisdom. Practically, to find an Igede person everywhere in Nigeria and beyond with a good sense of reasoning and a mannered nature of being is a commonplace, yet, it is quite surprising when Nigerians still subsume the Igede people under the Idoma group as if they are naturally and nationally unheard of. This notion therefore, has to be corrected now and very fast to exonerate the Igede people and to let us have our place on the map of Nigeria.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
I STAND FOR SELF DETERMINATION BECAUSE I KNOW WHO I AM.
CC. EDUGBEKE ABOYI[/quote]
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by markson48(m): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
my brothers that am well pleased in
Re: Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma by jesus500(m): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

Bro it's not arrogancy or whatever that made me make such remark about igede. I have a brother in my church who says he's igede and some how tries to regards himself as being an Idoma.

I am not derogating the igedes I strongly believe we are even more related than anyone else in the whole of benue state. For long the idomas and igedes have been relegated in benue state by the TIV's hence why both tribes needs to be strong together
I hope you are being sincere here, civility should be maintained at all time, we are indeed brothers, my girlfriend is an idoma girl, we share a lot both culturally and traditionally, we must form strong alliance to challenge Tiv's hegemony in the state and secure our place, I am a very friendly person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / Yoruba - Translation / An Insight On The Gbagyi People: Real Owners Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.