Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* (1352 Views)

Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. / Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos / Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
*WHY AFRICAN COUPLES ARE NOT ROMANTIC*
Many marriages are just for sleeping and waking up, raising kids and ageing together till death comes.
* Many couples hardly kiss and they only hug each other when they receive good news.
* The husband only puts food in his wife's mouth only when she is terminally ill and cant feed herself.
* If you see a man opening car door for his wife means the door is faulty.
* The only thing that makes an african man touch his wife's neck is when she complains of fever. He wont touch it again till the next fever.
* The only time he can carry his wife on his arms is when she is in labour.
* if you see them seated outside at night, dont think they are romantic. They are only waiting for the smell of insecticide to vanish.
* Many wives buy gifts for their husbands only when they are hospitalized.
* The only time they race together is when there is danger and everyone is running.
* The only time they go for evening stroll is when they want to go and lay a complain to the parents of the person that beat their child or got their daughter pregnant.
* The only time they bath together is when both are late for work.
* the only time a wife looks closely to her husband's eyes is when he complains of dirt in his eyes.
Unfortunately, Africans feel that any romantic man is being controlled by his wife.
They will begin to spread rumours around like: "chai, see as his'wife don carry juju cage am"

CHANGE STARTS WITH AFRICANS
*Africans change begins with you ooo*......

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by taylor88(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
Perhaps you are referring to the men in your village

1 Like

Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
For sale
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Perhaps you are referring to the men in your village
as if ur a good xample

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
f
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by Davidgrey: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Poverty basically

All forms of social ignorance among "blacks" can be traced back to poverty

I wish I could be expansive with my thoughts but I can't wallow in a mental pool of mediocrity(Black man's mindset) #stagnant society

4 Likes

Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
brandydaniells:

Unfortunately, Africans feel that any romantic man is being controlled by his wife. They will begin to spread rumours around like: "chai, see as his wife don carry juju cage am"

You're funny. This is true, or they'll say he doesn't know women _she'll definitely take him for granted. Lots of Nigerian couples are romantic towards each other, not minding what people think.
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by ashewoboy(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
PaperLace:

You're funny. This is true, or they'll say he doesn't know women _she'll definitely take him for granted. Lots of Nigerian couples are romantic towards each other, not minding what people think.

do you like romantic men?
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by Richy4(m): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
OP, are u talking about Romance or Public display of Affection...
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
i just think yall are naive
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by OLUWAcypris1(f): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
my own husband Donbobes is different ,
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by ibkkk(f): 5:22am On Jul 31, 2017
These got me cracked up grin
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2017
ibkkk:
but u know am dead right
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 7:33am On Jul 31, 2017
ibkkk:
u know am right
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by Greatzeus(m): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
With all the " romancism"in America and Europe,they still have a very high rate if divorce.
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
Davidgrey:
Poverty basically

All forms of social ignorance among "blacks" can be traced back to poverty

I wish I could be expansive with my thoughts but I can't wallow in a mental pool of mediocrity(Black man's mindset) #stagnant society
haiti men are romantic...yet i think nigeria is better than them
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
Richy4:
OP, are u talking about Romance or Public display of Affection...
both bro both..
. my mum and dad are xample...fyi sex is off d chart
Re: Why African Couples Are Not Romantic* by brandydaniells(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Greatzeus:
With all the " romancism"in America and Europe,they still have a very high rate if divorce.
have u been to abakiliki...cos u wont say what u just said if u havent....plus is isnt a taboo or a shameful act in europe or america to divorce

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Told To Pick One, What Would It Be? / Do We Still Have Fundamental Human Right In Nigeria / Pouring Out My Mind Before I Go Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.