Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. (2062 Views)

My Wife Says I Am Not Romantic After 10years Of Marriage / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by sugaboi01(m): 4:47am On Jan 12, 2018
We have been together for 6 years and she is always given me problems despite everything am doing just to make her happy. She is not emotional and also she is a Kind of person that is never satisfied with anything you do for her to make her happy,if you like buy her motor she will just hiss to it, I noticed this kind of character the week we met but because of the love I had for her I think she will change not knowing that she can never change her character and since then she has been making me feel emotionally unstable and which is really given me problem. To cut the story short, few days ago she picked up fight as usual and up till now she has not spoken to me less greet me, so I called her and said look we can't continue like this it is better we cut this relationship in my mind I was just trying to make her scared and her response was she is ready to cut it off if am ready and she even said it even in the presence of my mom.

So I really need your advice guys (I'd appreciate matured inputs pls from experienced folks)

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by valdovas(m): 4:49am On Jan 12, 2018
What on earth do you need advice for again?
What do you need advice for for heavens sake?

Are you okay?

Abeg cut off your relationship with that girl and move on. Somebody told you she is not willing to continue with you and you are still here wondering what to do, better use your head there.

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by sugaboi01(m): 5:02am On Jan 12, 2018
valdovas:

Are you okay?

Abeg cut off your relationship with that girl and move on. Somebody told you she is not willing to continue with you and you are still here wondering what to do, better use your head there.

Thanks bro... Just not sure if she mean it or not
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by sugaboi01(m): 5:03am On Jan 12, 2018
valdovas:

Are you okay?

And besides we have 2 kids already
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nutase: 5:44am On Jan 12, 2018
Market wen you buy na your own. Learn to live with it since you saw does traits and went ahead to marry her.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by okonja(m): 5:47am On Jan 12, 2018
After 6 years, it's now she feel you want to cut the relationship because she's not romantic undecided, who romantic EPP? undecided, abeg, ignore her one side and face your children for proper upbringing.

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 12, 2018
How old are you?
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 12, 2018
I understand you wella. I've been in a relationship with such a lady before. Mheeen its really bad for the emotional difference/gap between couples to be too much, it stresses out the more emotional one. If im correct op, its ppl like her who find it difficult to say ..sorry, please, thank you. Submission is not what they enjoy doing at all, though they may be lively and sexy.

I learnt within those 5 months i dated dat girl and i was lean. Its a bad experience not to have ur affection reciprocated. Thank God she no get belle for me. But in ur own case ure married. May God help you oh.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 12, 2018
it shows how disrespectfull she is saying dat in d presence of ur mum,i am sure ur mum told u her mind already & if she didnt, follow mine & drop d ungratefull biitch

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 12, 2018
sugaboi01:

oo u are married,u bought d goods with ya eye open so enjoy d goodies if to say u no marry u for dump am
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Oyindidi(f): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2018
sugaboi01:

You are expecting too much from your wife.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 12, 2018
sugaboi01:
We have been together for 6 years and she is always given me problems despite everything am doing just to make her happy. She is not emotional and also she is a Kind of person that is never satisfied with anything you do for her to make her happy,if you like buy her motor she will just hiss to it, I noticed this kind of character the week we met but because of the love I had for her I think she will change not knowing that she can never change her character and since then she has been making me feel emotionally unstable and which is really given me problem. To cut the story short, few days ago she picked up fight as usual and up till now she has not spoken to me less greet me, so I called her and said look we can't continue like this it is better we cut this relationship in my mind I was just trying to make her scared and her response was she is ready to cut it off if am ready and she even said it even in the presence of my mom.

So I really need your advice guys (I'd appreciate matured inputs pls from experienced folks)
This is what I was telling kimbraa sometime ago.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Martin0(m): 8:30am On Jan 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
You are expecting too much from your wife.

Just observing!

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Thegeneralqueen(f): 8:41am On Jan 12, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
I understand you wella. I've been in a relationship with such a lady before. Mheeen its really bad for the emotional difference/gap between couples to be too much, it stresses out the more emotional one. If im correct op, its ppl like her who find it difficult to say ..sorry, please, thank you. Submission is not what they enjoy doing at all, though they may be lively and sexy.

I learnt within those 5 months i dated dat girl and i was lean. Its a bad experience not to have ur affection reciprocated. Thank God she no get belle for me. But in ur own case ure married. May God help you oh.
You've always been lean nah undecided
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Oyindidi(f): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2018
Martin0:

Just observing!
Lol, that's the reality. Until we stop expecting too much from our partners we will endure marriage.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Martin0(m): 9:03am On Jan 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
Lol, that's the reality. Until we stop expecting too much from our partners we will endure marriage.

exactly!
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

This is what I was telling kimb.raa sometime ago.
I don't recall.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
You've always been lean nah undecided
Lol
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Thegeneralqueen(f): 10:29am On Jan 12, 2018
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by UjuJoan2: 10:45am On Jan 12, 2018
sugaboi01:

Please ignore her and face your life and your children.

She needs to deal with her demons herself, and if and when she's ready to stop being angry at the world, she can learn to show empathy and real emotions.

For now just keep ignoring her and find a way to make yourself happy.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Donald3d(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2018
With all due respect ma'am I dont agree with you -in a way you are right , but it shouldnt be that way .
Oyindidi:

sugaboi01 , grin grin its as if you just perfectly described someone I know , knew her for 3 years plus(thank God I am free), the truth is such people (with all due respect to your wife), there is no redemption for them, if she couldnt change first year,second year , up till the sixth, chances of changing now are little .I wont blame you for making mistake of marrying her,it wont change anything .

The solution now is to make yourself happy :

First of all, have you ever cheated on her before ?, it might be what is causing all this

Secondly have you actually had a heart to heart talk with her , of how her actions are hurting you and how you would love for her to make corrections, or even ask (in a loving manner ,why she is treating you that way)

Thirdly , do you really pay attention to her , this is one of the reasons women with rich husbands who even have fat kondo,still sleep with their gatemen and smal small boys .ATTENTION ,CARE AND LISTENING EARS .

Fourth, from your narrration your mum probably lives with you, women are very territorial and defensive of that space .(I know many people would bash me for this ).If your mum lives with you please try to get her own place for her .She doesnt even have regard for your mom for her to say such in front of her .

If you have not defaulted in any of the above , the next step is not to divorce her , its to be happy .You already have two bundle of joys , take them out , go to parks , be more involved in their lives , you would be suprised how much happiness children can bring to you.You would be so happy that all the gra gra she is doing you will not even feel it sef .

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by ihec(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2018
She has bin really hurt in the past. talk to her to kwn wot the happened dat made her to be dat kind of person she turned into nd issue out tinx wit her. if she stil dosnt change just ignore her show her dat all dos her attitude aimed @ giving u worries z nt having any effect on u. dnt divorce her nd dnt let ur kids av a horrible growing up experience.. most times pple do certain tinx to see ur reaction bt suprise dem by totaly ignoring them.

#mere av spoken
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Oyindidi(f): 11:30am On Jan 12, 2018
Donald3d:

With all due respect ma'am I dont agree with you -in a way you are right , but it shouldnt be that way .
Donald, that is the reality of life. This is my 11th year in it. I realized the more I claim Mrs Perfect, the more he too claims Mr Perfect. The day we decided to accommodate each others flaws and encouraged one another to work on themselves. There is peace. He can start by being more romantic and she will reciprocate. You can't tell your wife to leave your house in the morning and in the evening you want her to be all over you. They should settle their differences first.

It is very rude of him to ask for separation in front of his mother.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Donald3d(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
Donald, that is the reality of life. This is my 11th year in it. I realized the more I claim Mrs Perfect, the more he too claims Mr Perfect. The day we decided to accommodate each other flaws and encouraged one another to work on themselves. There is peace. He can start by being more romantic and she will reciprocate. You can't tell your wife to leave your house in the morning and in the evening you want her to be all over you. They should settle their differences first.

It is very rude of him to ask for separation in front of his mother.
You are very correct ma'am ,its really not about been perfect , but about helping each other ,work out and correct flaws.
But in the case where just one party is willing to work things out , it becomes a problem
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Oyindidi(f): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2018
Donald3d:

You are very correct ma'am ,its really not about been perfect , but about helping each other ,work out and correct flaws.
But in the case where just one party is willing to work things out , it becomes a problem
Donny, don't take sides, you've not heard from the wife.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Donald3d(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
Donny, don't take sides, you've not heard from the wife.
Thats true sha, thats why I put some questions to him about cheating,care,attention etc
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Oyindidi(f): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2018
Donald3d:

Thats true sha, thats why I put some questions to him about cheating,care,attention etc
And you think he will answer to favour her? Leave matter for Mathiasgrin
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Donald3d(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
And you think he will answer to favour her? Leave matter for Mathiasgrin
It was a rhetorical kweshion na , he would answer in his mind grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Oyindidi(f): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2018
Donald3d:
It was a rhetorical kweshion na , he would answer in this mind grin grin grin
Except that. Husband and wife matter no be here. grin I pray they settle their differences and enjoy their marriage
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Donald3d(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
grin
Oyindidi:
Except that. Husband and wife matter no be here. grin I pray they settle their differences and enjoy their marriage
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Evacroft: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
The truth is most times when one person sits to talk about their marital problems they tend to forgets what they also do wrong. If u can tell ur wife u want a seperation from her in front of ur mum thats absolutely bad enough but for u to expect her to cry ,beg or be remorseful about it is another. There are alot of unromantic nigerian husbands out there but women deal with it throughout their lives not because they dont want a romantic man but becos there us no total package.
Truth is the next person might be worse. Just try and talk to her cos u might think u are giving ur best and she aint even seeing all ur efforts. I pray things work out btw u two.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Not Romantic But Abusive. by Gloryr: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
I have been in ur shoes. ..it's not funny one bit.....the worse things that can happen to a human being is to not be appreciated despite putting in so much effort.

It's also wrong for parents to endure a loveless marriage because they have a child....if it's not working it's not working. ..no need pretending.

Op I genuinely and honestly pity u....this is whereally I support cheating wholeheartedly. ...Go get ur happiness outside.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does This Make Me A Bad Mother? / PSG Defender Achraf Hakimi Played His Wife. See Why He Is Trending On Twitter / Things To Consider Before Going Into A Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.