Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. (522 Views)

Man Kills His Daughter After Finding Out She Was Not His Biological Child (pic) / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by Onyiiet(m): 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
Is the corona virus lock-down affecting your marriage and relationship? You might be new couples or may have been together for years but holing up together in one spot could present a great opportunity to know your partner better or in the case of many marriages, HELL. One thing I’ve noticed is that tensions and strained conversation between couples has been on the rise.

Over the past three weeks, i have received innumerable calls from worried spouses and partners. They want to know if a sign of irritation signals a “no love” situation in their relationship or marriage. The answer is no. So abeg, just chill.

A recent speculation by divorce lawyers says that the corona virus lock-down will affect marriage and relationships with noticeable increase in divorce rates. This will spike later on in the year due to what i have decided to call self-isolation discoveries. Don’t work yourself up into a corner thinking about something that may never happen but just in case it does happen, i will advice on what you could do about this.

LIST OF THINGS SELF-ISOLATION WILL UNCOVER ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP or PARTNER

Industry – Spending time with your partner during this corona virus lock-down is going to show you how industrious they are as an individual. Can they make something out of nothing? Is your partner someone you can leave money, assets, valuables with and have them double the value up or are they caught up with complaints and reasons why opportunities may not work.

Crises Management Skills – We are all not called to be John Rambo or Wonder Woman of the Amazon but spouses, being brave for your better half in times of crises is a very important attribute in marriage or relationships. It makes men attractive and women desirable.

At a time when the world is ravaged by a pandemic, don’t add to the stress levels around the home by painting doomed pictures, discussing every conspiracy theory or just looking like the whole world crashed. Bravery is not a must but it’s an honorable choice that says “Although i’m afraid, i decide to look for ways to navigate us to the other , better side”. Fella’s, there’s nothing sexier than this.

Real Money Situation – COVID-19 is a bastard! Ailment with no parents. Many families and couples have come to the stark reality that there was really no savings stowed away for the proverbial rainy day. All they had was a piggy bank. Two weeks into isolation, money worries are plaguing many relationships because partners are getting worried and asking themselves questions about the roles and input everyone has been making so far. Without over-stating the obvious, this will be the second highest reason many relationships and marriages will break up further down the line. Fights are erupting in homes over money and trivial issues.

Ladies, at this point i want to soothe your fears a little. You see that man you married, he’s on a journey of self-discovery and waking up one day and discovering money stowed away isn’t enough is part of that journey. This is where your role as a help meet and source of encouragement for him kicks in. Look beyond the obvious and see those things that made you love him when he had nothing. Make him see those things for himself too. Going for the next available man (or woman) for financial gain is the worst self-valuation technique ever and please don’t ever convince yourself you did it for the family because that’s not true. Stay, help your partner through the maze without compromising their ego.

☣️…….. it gets juicy from here..
⚠️ Affairs (My partner may be cheating on me) – Well, let’s just say i left the most important for last. I’ll divide it into two parts namely;
I will divide this into two parts...
Click below for the full article...
https://templeobike.com/2020/04/10/is-corona-virus-lockdown-affecting-my-marriage-or-relationship-lagos-abuja-portharcourt-nigeria/

Written by Obike Temple
A Counselor, psychotherapist, brand-Sage and entrepreneur who has counseled over two-hundred couples, individuals, substance abuse and grief-stricken clients.
For more information on related issues and to schedule an appointment with “Temple’s Counsel” visit our counseling page, chat us up via our website or send a whatsapp message to +2348109055475. Appointments are scheduled within 24 hours. https://templeobike.com .

Re: Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by gracie007: 1:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kai, bros na wah for you o... Truth dey bitter die..Always enjoy his posts and podcast. Nice write-up. .
Re: Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by SenorFax(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nice one

The problem of this generation is that nobody want to fix, mend or adjust any situation (relationship in this case), they just want Ready-made due to the illusions flying around the internet.

Information age actually came with "the more you look, the less you see" kinda era.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by gracie007: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
As in eh! Indomie people o.. Sharp sharp things...
SenorFax:
Nice one

The problem of this generation is that nobody want to fix, mend or adjust any situation (relationship in this case), they just want Ready-made due to the illusions flying around the internet.

Information age actually came with "the more you look, the less you see" kinda era.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by Amanee(f): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Number two is the reason why I blocked many people on WhatsApp during this period.

Even the bible says, do not be anxious for nothing

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by goldenboyofpsy(m): 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
The worst thing is when you are ill prepared or unprepared for a crisis it's a crisis on its own.

Definitely this pandemic will shape so many things not just relationships but everything in general. It's now left to you to decide and determine the swing the pendulum will take.

Use this period to solve problems not to create more issues that will pass away.

By the way, more babies loading......
Re: Coronavirus Lock Down. The 2 Weeks And What Couples Are Finding Out. by gracie007: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Yep..December/January babies will come mos def.
goldenboyofpsy:
The worst thing is when you are ill prepared or unprepared for a crisis it's a crisis on its own.

Definitely this pandemic will shape so many things not just relationships but everything in general. It's now left to you to decide and determine the swing the pendulum will take.

Use this period to solve problems not to create more issues that will pass away.

By the way, more babies loading......

(1) (Reply)

Re: Forever Grateful / Chanel Chin-olowo Of Iwo Slept With Our 13-year Old Househelp&he Used To Beat Me / Why I Started Fanny Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.