Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,019 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) (3104 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / IPOB Members Attack Godwin Ezeemo, Anambra Governorship Aspirant In Church / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by naaija: 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
IPOB hits Ezeemo again; desecrates Biafran veteran’s burial

By O’star Eze

Elders of Ihiala community in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State are still in shock over the actions of a band of youths suspected to be members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, numbering in their hundreds, who recently stormed the burial ceremony venue of Ihiala-born Late Pa Francis Oguanobi, disrupted the ceremony, sending Godwin Ezeemo, whose father-in-law the late 90 year old was, alongside his family and entourage, scampering for safety.

This brought the event to an abrupt end and the fleeing ones had to leave behind some personal belongings as they escaped the rowdy crowd, their vehicles being dangerously hit with hard objects as they made away.
IPOB Hits Ezeemo Again
Naaija reports that despite that Late Pa Francis Oguanobi was one of the prominent Biafrans that sourced for relief materials for Biafrans during the Nigerian Civil War, the uncouth young men and women defied every sense of respect for the dead, albeit a dead Biafran Hero, and swarmed upon the venue of the one day burial ceremony, snatched the microphone from the musician entertaining the large crowd of Ezeemo’s friends, family and well-wishers slapping the MC to submission when he attempted resistance.

The group were chanting “No election in Anambra State,” as they flooded the arena with their paraphernalia and yelling at Ezeemo’s family, friends and well wishers to go home.

IPOB Hits Ezeemo Again
Mrs Nneka Ezeemo, the last daughter of the deceased and wife of Godwin Ezeemo, bitterly narrated to Naaija.com how she had a similar experience in a community in Ogbaru Local Government in the hands of a similar group who claim they are IPOB members when she went with her husband and daughter to worship with a pentecostal church.

“Is my husband (Godwin Chukwunaenye Ezeemo) now a target for these people that he can no longer hold decent public events without being interrupted rudely by these ones?” She asked rhetorically.

Mr Godwin Ezeemo, on his part, appreciated God for saving him and his family from sustaining any physical injury while decrying the state of the system in Anambra State, the Southeast and Nigeria at large that the youths are so disenchanted and are advocating for utter civil disobedience.

“I wish these youths will understand that the primary need of Igbo land is to enthrone good leadership.

“I wish they will understand that I am here to make things right for them and restore their belief in themselves and in the system.

“I am deeply pained at the rate our youths are being abused as they seek for greener pastures.

“Many of them die in the middle of the desert as they make their way to other societies where they stand better chance of surviving and where their efforts are better appreciated,” he said.

An Ihiala elder told Naaija.com via phone interview that Ihiala Elders consider the group’s act as antitethical to the Igbo core values saying that their act was tantamount to desecration of the dead with dire consequences attached to it.

READ:

ANAMBRA VS BIAFRA: IPOB Disrupts Ezeemo At Ogbaru

However, a source from the IPOB said that the group thought that Ezeemo was conducting a politicial rally and given they were against holding political campaigns in the Southeast and are opposed to holding any elections in the Southeast, they had to invade and force the event to a stop.

http://www.naaija.com/2017/07/ipob-hits-ezeemo-desecrates-veter-burial/

cc

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J

1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by nextprince: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dat one na their wahala.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Kingcesar: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
It wont come by violence nor by total peaceful demonstration. Kanu better warn all those taut that will spoil his name

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Ever8054: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
I think its time for nnamdi KANU to go back to jail...and the Nigeria military chief should declare shoot at site on those lazy,jobless brainwashed idiots called ipob.
they can not be allowed to continue tormenting the life's of innocent hard working Igbo's...because one drug addict called KANU has brainwash them...

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
When Miscreants lead grin

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Beckham14: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
So wrong.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Sunofgod(m): 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ok
Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by DerideGull(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Those counterfeited Igbo persons who have absolutely nothing good to say about any process to actualize Republic of Igbo land or Biafra should endeavor to shut their putrid mouths.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by frleopardo: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
If this news is real, then Nnamdi kanu needs to watch it. He could be creating enemies from within. He and IPOB caucus members need to tender an unreserved apology to the families concerned.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Yyeske(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
This was exactly how Boko Haram was birthed, like play like play it became what it is today.
Ndigbo and Ndi Anambra should treat this menace of IPOB miscreants before it snowballs into something we can't handle.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Michael004: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
E no concern me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Yyeske(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
DerideGull:
Those counterfeited Igbo persons who have absolutely nothing good to say about any process to actualize Republic of Igbo land or Biafra should endeavor to shut their putrid mouths.
The burial of a Biafran veteran was disrupted and this is all you can say. Pathetic. I'm sure he would be regretting why he didn't sabotage the effort in the 60s

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by hammerF: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
My state...

Oh Anambra, how i hunger 4 ur touch becos i already have ur love. missing home! kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by hammerF: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
I have said it before, the best place in Igbo land to start election boycott is Anambra.

They will do it with ease. There will be no election in Anambra and u can take dat to the bank.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by afongha: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
can u imagine this nonsense. angry

So this is waht KAnu is encouraging his foot soldiers to do, abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by dumodust(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
You see what I am saying
Now they have pissed off the ihiala folks
Even if it was an election rally, is it their business?
I fully endorse the government disrupting this whole ipob thing and sending that big fool back to jail
It will be a shame on the government to allow them to fester by holding any rallies
Dont they have able young men in that village?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by yarimo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
Is like NDLEA are not doing there work effectively, I can see weed and drugs taking is getting higher in this region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by dumodust(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
They are busy disrupting the activities of the weak
Obiano held a big political rally masking as an agricultural meet recently, and they were no where in sight
Them for come na... if no be bullets go follow them
Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by dudebuck: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fake news

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by prodigy24: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
Well, I was there maybe this happened later I left. I don't like what is happening though it is a sign of failure in the leadership of southeasterns. Peter Obi, Oseloka obaze and Ezeemo Godwin were at the event. Ezeemo is the onlyam that is capable of making things right in Anambra state. But you know everything has been polarized.
If only they know how much Ezeemo is willing to sacrifice to ensure the life and properties of our people are secured.
Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by prodigy24: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
[s]
dumodust:
Obiano held a big political rally masking as an agricultural meet recently, and they were no where in sight
[/s]
Shut up.... That useless governor is the reason behind all these agitation. He killed their members, and they are determined to ruined this election for him. Remember they are the same youths used by politicians to rig election in the past. They will not be available again....

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by Yyeske(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:
I have said it before, the best place in Igbo land to start election boycott is Anambra.

They will do it with ease. There will be no election in Anambra and u can take dat to the bank.
Did you read the article at all? A Biafran veteran's burial was disrupted and you are talking of election

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by myright: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
dumodust:
check the last thread I created and see how they dealt with obiano
Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by hammerF: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yyeske:
Did you read the article at all? A Biafran veteran's burial was disrupted and you are talking of election

Oh my bad, thought it was a political rally. Anyway, the whole story could be fake just to marr IPOB.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by omenka(m): 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
When Miscreants lead grin
There is just one person leading them. Call a spade a spade and stop being a coward.

Good evening.

I never get your invitation yet, abi e nor come pure?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
omenka:
There is just one person leading them. Call a spade a spade and stop being a coward.

Good evening.

I never get your invitation yet, abi e nor come pure?

Things rough I don move wedding till next year angry

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by PDJT: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
[s]
Ever8054:
I think its time for nnamdi KANU to go back to jail...and the Nigeria military chief should declare shoot at site on those lazy,jobless brainwashed idiots called ipob.
they can not be allowed to continue tormenting the life's of innocent hard working Igbo's...because one drug addict called KANU has brainwash them...
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by obailala(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
One glaring fact is that the only way the election boycott can be achieved is through intimidation of willing voters through violent disruptions.

Not sure I understand the rationale behind disrupting a burial though...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by LoveDecay(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ever8054:

Mbanu... we need to let him torment the east a little longer at least till 2019.

When he started these very people the Igwe's from Onitsha to Ebonyi were overjoyed in their hearts .. they told themselves .."finally we are going to deal with this ewu awusa".

The slept and woke up.. found out the awusa and yoruba were the least of their problems. It got worse after the Kaduna declaration, then report on state IGR (Anambra zero IGR, vampire state angry) . .. then the lower house kicked the South East development bill, then no election in Anambra... the Germany, France, US, Isreal echoed "one Nigeria".

No .. we have to let this man sit with them, take the food from their mouths , starve them and dethrone them indirectly... till it is unequivocally clear that the grass is not greener on the Biafran side.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by omenka(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:

Things rough I don move wedding till next year angry
It is well. Will be waiting.

Why did you dodge the other part of the comment? Are you scared of the backlash that might generate? Thought you had a thick skin.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by NobleAngell(f): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Is this what they will go and be doing in the so-called Biafra republic?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Anambra Governorship Aspirant Again, Stop Burial Ceremony (photos) by dumodust(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
myright:
check the last thread I created and see how they dealt with obiano
Dude phuck off and go mind your tout propaganda threads
Effing disgrace to igbo-hood
Time will tell, just wait for it... this is exactly how massob started and were disgraced in onitsha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: APC Disappoints Omisore, Picks Ajibola As Senatorial Candidate / Massive Crowd As Atiku Campaigns In Yobe State. / BREAKING!!! Nnamdi Kanu Orders Attack On Buhari In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.