Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep (4525 Views)

The changes that occur in your body when you fall into deep love / Do You Sleep With Clothes On? / The Changes That Occur In Your Body When You Fall In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2017
at night, we'd like to sleep peacefully and restore energy.nevertheless, its difficult to find a person who has never encountered some strange and unpleasant sensations accompanying sleep....
SLEEP PARALYSIS
the person wakes up at night and cannot move.added to this are frightening hallucinations and a feeling that there is someone else in the room.in antiquity this state is associated with mischiefs of evil spirits.
WHY IT HAPPENS
normally when we fall asleep we are paralyzed so that we don't sleepwalk and such.with sleep paralysis our muscles "turn off" while the brain is awake.and they say its more likely when sleeping on the back.

1 Like

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2017
HYPNAGOGIC HALLUCINATIONS
when a person is on the verge of sleeping but still awake,he sees weird pictures before his eyes.often these are scary faces and fantastic creatures..
WHY IT HAPPENS
this is one of a few types of hallucinations that mentally healthy people may have.children have them more often which could be the reason they don't want to go to sleep.such hallucinations might be due to stress or simply a good imagination.they can also appear if you go to bed drunk or are on some kind of drugs.
Cc: sexybbstar,saintsamurai.luminouz...

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2017
SLEEP WALKING
this state is the opposite of sleep paralysis--the consciousness is asleep but muscle paralysis does not occur.in their sleep people can walk,clean,or even leave the house which is often very dangerous and in the morning they don't remember anything.
WHY IT HAPPENS
somnambulism occurs in about 4.6-10.3% of population with children affected more often.the cause is still unknown as are method of treatment.

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2017
RECURRING DREAMS
probably everyone has had strange recurring dreams which constantly reproduce the same plot.
WHY IT HAPPENS
psychologists believe our brain uses such dreams to pay attention to something we didn't notice in our daily life. these stories will return until the situation is resolved.

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2017
OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE
this is a neuropsychological phenomenon during which a person, half asleep and half awake sees himself from a place outside his body.for mystics and occultists, this confirms the existence of a soul.

WHY IT HAPPENS
the phenomenon is very difficult to study.while scientists know that the illusion of getting out of the body does exist,it is not clear how it works and how it arises. it is also unclear how to deal with this,yet some know how to enter this state deliberately.they do so to expand the boundaries of their cognitive capabilities.

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by taylor88(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2017
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 31, 2017
This life we live is a mystery
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2017
SLEEP TALKING
usually the person who suffers from somniloquy(a fancy term for sleep talking)has no idea about it.this condition is absolutely not dangerous psychology.though a person with such a problem may worry about blurting out secrets.
WHY IT HAPPENS
men and children are more prone to this and the reason is stress.the persons psyche is trying to resist what he or she does not agree with in reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 11:03am On Jul 31, 2017
Lalasticlala myndd 44
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by luminouz(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Brown14:
HYPNAGOGIC HALLUCINATIONS
when a person is on the verge of sleeping but still awake,he sees weird pictures before his eyes.often these are scary faces and fantastic creatures..
WHY IT HAPPENS
this is one of a few types of hallucinations that mentally healthy people may have.children have them more often which could be the reason they don't want to go to sleep.such hallucinations might be due to stress or simply a good imagination.they can also appear if you go to bed drunk or are on some kind of drugs.
Cc: sexybbstar,saintsamurai.luminouz...

Well...I don't know about y'all but I never experienced this while young or even now
Maybe others not me!!!
Oga brown14... I sight U!!! grin
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Stevengerd(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2017
No1 so true! naso i sleep one day, woke up arund 1:45am to ease myself. na hin i begin the find my left hand, my hand was dead.

1 Like

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by SoftNANA09(f): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2017
I can relate to number one grin
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by manuel80(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
Brown14:
OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE
this is a neuropsychological phenomenon during which a person, half asleep and half awake sees himself from a place outside his body.for mystics and occultists, this confirms the existence of a soul.

WHY IT HAPPENS
the phenomenon is very difficult to study.while scientists know that the illusion of getting out of the body does exist,it is not clear how it works and how it arises. it is also unclear how to deal with this,yet some know how to enter this state deliberately.they do so to expand the boundaries of their cognitive capabilities.
This is me

1 Like

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
luminouz:

Well...I don't know about y'all but I never experienced this while young or even now
Maybe others not me!!!
Oga brown14... I sight U!!! grin

Lol so if "stories" on THAT thread were lies eh?
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
What about the one you dream of falling into a ditch while sleeping ? Also called Hypnic Jerk

1 Like

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
No 1 happens to me and hypnic jerk which is not even included sad
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by luminouz(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Brown14:

Lol so if "stories" on THAT thread were lies eh?

What I experienced were supernatural.... Day n night episodes of it.... Most of what this thread puts up focused on Night/sleep episodes which I don't know if they are supernatural.....

U seeing a fvcking ghost/demon during d day or even night when AWAKE is not a thing u WILL ever forget!!! grin
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by luminouz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
What about the one you dream of falling into a ditch while sleeping ? Also called Hypnic Jerk
Hypnic jerk is common
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lol.. Scary shit..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Brown14:
OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE

WHY IT HAPPENS

This one na witch craft o,going for midnight meeting. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Cutezt(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mine is muscle pull, but it only comes once in a while tho.

Anybody who has "Out Of Body Experience" is a certified lord in the spiritual realm. �
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
i can relate to sleep talking bkus it often happens to my siblings
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
I sleep walk wen I was still little
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by DumaEmpire(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
Neva actaully most listed except one time like dat wen i was still rili young like 7years old i was laughing while sleeping funny tin was dat i was conciously laughing in my dream didnt know i was still lol in real world..Anoda one i usually have even up till now is maybe i might be dreaming of sometin horrific nam always concious wen i sleep so i might try opening my eyes or moving my body e go be like say dem glue my eyes togeda n tied my body but wen i eventually wake i do have Headaches
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by CheedyJ(m): 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
I sometimes experience being pressed while asleep or half asleep ,when it happens I won't Be able To move any part of my body ,can't Speak or scream & it often seem like I am dying until d force leaves me Daz when I'm only able to get myself... .pls, what can b d cause of this?

Fear dey catch me oooo?
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by jericco1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
sleep paralysis is very annoying.
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Didov1(f): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
CheedyJ:
I sometimes experience being pressed while asleep or half asleep ,when it happens I won't Be able To move any part of my body ,can't Speak or scream & it often seem like I am dying until d force leaves me Daz when I'm only able to get myself... .pls, what can b d cause of this?

Fear dey catch me oooo?
...yh...i do xperience it also...its really scary....
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
CheedyJ:

Fear dey catch me oooo?
this is sleep paralysis or maybe na winch dey press u Lol
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Brown14: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
DumaEmpire:
Neva actaully most listed except one time like dat wen i was still rili young like 7years old i was laughing while sleeping funny tin was dat i was conciously laughing in my dream didnt know i was still lol in real world..Anoda one i usually have even up till now is maybe i might be dreaming of sometin horrific nam always concious wen i sleep so i might try opening my eyes or moving my body e go be like say dem glue my eyes togeda n tied my body but wen i eventually wake i do have Headaches

this can happen to anyone.
like one time when I was dreaming I was playing football and I wanted to score with a powerful shot na so I kick table jump stand up dey press my leg.was a teenager then sha.
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by CheedyJ(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Didov1:
...yh...i do xperience it also...its really scary....
Do u think it's normal or it has some serious spiritual undertone?
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by Lalas247(f): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
Scary embarassed
Re: 6 Mysterious Things That Occur While You Sleep by swagguElite(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
I don't know the name but there is this kind that also happen while am climbing structures I just end falling n falling till I wake up! ..crazy!

I dnt know why I can't control that fall ... I mostly control evrytin in my dreams ...esp fighting! ...I fight a lot in my dreams ...mehn with my two swords it feels like am the console n the player at the same time ...am conscious of every move!

Any moves I learn in Game of thrones I try it out in my dreams n fvck it ... I never lose a fight! N in cases where I lose my leg in a fight ...I pretend as if am dead ...coz I dnt want to be killed in my dream n die in real life too ...unto say I be one yeye warrior for dream! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Man Right Now Who Can Satify Me In Bed, My Husbands Sex Game Is Zero / She Won't Give BJ / Nigerian Guys That Bash Nigerian Girls? dum-bass Naija men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.