Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) (10765 Views)

Life In Makoko – Lagos Floating Slum / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pearl05:
Please don't be one week one post writer, lest your readers interest will shift from the work and find it difficult to recall each character's role in the story.

What am saying is try to serve it real hot �. Happy � New week.

Dear, it's not my fault na. I intended to make it a short story.

I also have a published novel of a similar genre. I can send an epub copy to you if you want it.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Beosten:

Dear, it's not my fault na. I intended to make it a short story.

I also have a published novel of a similar genre. I can send an epub copy to you if you want it.

A good story i must say. I have some observations.

The story is kind of disjointed, The picture you painted of Tade ,diran and his friends is that of university students. Next we see Bolu as a family man just immediately after the crash which he was among the rescue team.

I would love to have the published novel.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pearl05:

A good story i must say. I have some observations.

The story is kind of disjointed, The picture you painted of Tade ,diran and his friends is that of university students. Next we see Bolu as a family man just immediately after the crash which he was among the rescue team.

I would love to have the published novel.

Bolu has not been found. Diran, Layode and Tade were the ones rescued from Makoko and subsequently received scholarship. Bolu had an accident the day they were to be rescued from Makoko and was taken away by a good Samaritan who happened to be a military officer. Bolu now in airforce and was the officer that piloted the chopper searching the mountain, he didn't know anything yet about the search crew on ground.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pearl05:

Provide one email you don't use often.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2017
Beosten:

Provide one email you don't use often.

okoyegloria11@yahoo.com
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
Pearl05:

oo.com

Sent.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Beosten:

Sent.

Thanks a bunch kiss kiss
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2017
Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Akazeta(f): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
clap for yourself
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pearl05:
Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please. Update please.

Thank you jare. I started this story like a joke. I didn't know readers will like it. Please give me a little while.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
Akazeta:

Thank you for following, ma'am.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hggt

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hg

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
I no gree ooooo. You rushed and summarized the story.

You just killed it. You have to go back and rewrite the story Oga.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pearl05:
I no gree ooooo. You rushed and summarized the story.

You just killed it. You have to go back and rewrite the story Oga.

Pearl pearl! You no feed me back about the other story o.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2017
Beosten:

Pearl pearl! You no feed me back about the other story o.

Wasn't able to open it with my phone but will do that with Laptop.

Please this story shouldn't just end like this.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pearl05:

Wasn't able to open it with my phone but will do that with Laptop.

Please this story shouldn't just end like this.

Download any ebook reader on googleplay. Open the reader and click on browse. The reader will take you to storage and you search for the file to read.

I can add more twists. Could you believe that I originally wrote it to end where Bolu was hit by a vehicle on 3rd mainland bridge and others returned home to create a tragicomedy? I continued when I perceived that ending it there won't be okay.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
Beosten:

Download any ebook reader on googleplay. Open the reader and click on browse. The reader will take you to storage and you search for the file to read.

I can add more twists. Could you believe that I originally wrote it to end where Bolu was hit by a vehicle on 3rd mainland bridge and others returned home to create a tragicomedy? I continued when I perceived that ending it there won't be okay.

Ok, I will do that.

Ending it there would have been better than the way you did now. Anyways that's unacceptable. Change Change Change!
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 2:33am On Aug 26, 2017
Pearl05:

Ok, I will do that.

Ending it there would have been better than the way you did now. Anyways that's unacceptable. Change Change Change!

Happy birthday to you, damsel!
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 5:48am On Aug 26, 2017
Beosten:

Happy birthday to you, damsel!

Thank you so much. I'm delighted and overwhelmed;coming from where I least expected. God bless you sir. grin kiss

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
Bvvg

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
a

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Beosten(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Like ominous rain that falls without clouds gathering or rumblings, the snow had descended like a benediction that evening in Geneva. Tade was nowhere to be found.

"Tade is not here for dinner," a student said to another student among the delegates from Nigeria.

"He was last seen with the daughter of President of Bolivia chatting in a bar," another student said.

"I'm Jane Morales, the daughter of the Bolivian President."

"I'm Tade. My name means the one that confounds the maidens," Tade said cunningly.

"Wow! I already fell for your charms. You left me awestruck when you delivered that speech during one of the sessions the other time. One thing caught my attention in your speech where you mentioned something like the myth surrounding the ascension of Sango to godhood. Is it really a myth? I'm in the department of African studies in a South American University. I'm researching the Cuban context of Chango in Santeria religion.

Tade knew that his chance had come, and had to throw his full weight behind what he hitherto dismissed as fables.

"Upon this godess look of yours, if I could hold you spellbound, that means I must have stricken the right cord in you, and did to you what Eric did to Brunhild, the Queen of Iceland in the movie, Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King. We were meant to be, and live for each other," Tade began. He once again reached into his ornate amoury, and said, "With Venus in our fifth house and Sun in our tenth house, this is the perfect day for the lightning and thunder to do their thing - your lightning to keep us glowing for life, and my thunder to shatter all hindrances."

"Phew! So, you are also versed in astrology? I can vibrate the runes." Jane could no longer bear the presence of other people in the bar and said, "We should be out of here."

She held Tade's hand, and they glided into darkness. Other students in Tade's group returned to Nigeria without him.

An aide of Eva Morales walked into the President's office, and said, "A Nigerian is wanted by interpol. The suspect's passport has been withdrawn by the Nigerian government, and he is believed to be holed up in Bolivian embassy in Geneva. Nigeria has extradition treaty with Switzerland, making it possible for the man be arrested, and deported. But he is believed to be in Bolivia as long as he remains in Consulate General of Bolivia in Geneva."

The president reached for his phone and got Jane at the other end. Jane was apple of his eyes. He met the beautiful girl's mother when he was a plumber in Oruro city. She believed in him, and he rose from obscurity to greatness. But she died shortly after the delivery of the adorable girl. This earned Jane the enviable place in the president's heart.

"Hello, Darling!"

"Dad!"

"Is it true that you know the whereabout of a Nigerian by the name Tade?"

"Yes, dad." I fell in love with him at the summit, and I couldn't let him go. He's with me here in the embassy."

"This is already causing a serious diplomatic row. How can you help us on this matter, dear?"

"I'm sorry I won't be able to help you, sir. Do everything in your power and get us to Bolivia."

"Okay! Let's do it this way: I'm scheduled to meet someone in Geneva next month. It's only then we will find ways of getting you out of Swiss territory."

With giggles, Jane said, "Thanks, daaad!"

The president hung up.

"We will create the impression that the guy and Jane are traveling with me in the presidential jet back to Bolivia, but the guy will be smuggled out of Switzerland through a land border," Eva Morales said to his aide.

"The president is airborne, and 'Freelancer' just crossed the Swiss border in Kreuzlinge. Copy that," a secret service agent was heard communicating with someone in a radio transmission.

'Freelancer' was used to cover the identity of Tade in case of possible interception of the communication by hostile agents from other intelligence agencies.

Some miles away from France, French coast guard in a radio communication said to the pilot of the Bolivian presidential jet that France's airspace had just been closed till further notice. Then the jet was forced to land in Austria.

2 Likes

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thanks plenty kiss .

Let me quickly digest it.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
Interesting.

Cbella, I think you will love to see this.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
Operation bringbackourupdate

Ladies you might find this masterpiece interesting, it's a fresh breath

123456dr
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Oly0511
Gloryejims
Uniqueogo
Preciousbeauty
1marking
Deeejah
Kingboss
Lukfame
Didov1
Nickibeauty

Your comments; constructive criticism, observations is highly welcomed

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by purples25(f): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
Pearl05:

123456dr
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Oly0511
Gloryejims
Uniqueogo
Preciousbeauty
1marking
Deeejah
Kingboss
Lukfame
Didov1
Nickibeauty

Thanks for inviting me, I'll read and comment tomorrow. Just cooked one pot of semovita for seven people and I'm so tired cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by purples25(f): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
Pearl05:

123456dr
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Oly0511
Gloryejims
Uniqueogo
Preciousbeauty
1marking
Deeejah
Kingboss
Lukfame
Didov1
Nickibeauty

Thanks for inviting me, I'll read and comment tomorrow. Just cooked one pot of semovita for seven people and I'm so tired cheesy. I'll definitely comment tomorrow.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Deeejah(f): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2017
Pearl05:

123456dr
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Oly0511
Gloryejims
Uniqueogo
Preciousbeauty
1marking
Deeejah
Kingboss
Lukfame
Didov1
Nickibeauty

Tanx for d invitation, I av joined d train
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by purples25(f): 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
This writer has rapidly taken us from the village, to Lagos, and has also given us a taste other foreign countries, through the foreign characters. He has taken us through the journey of Tade and the rest of the boys, their elevation from grass to grace, from teenage life to adulthood. We've been among villagers, we've been among the hustlers from the slums, we've passed the literal battleground of the journalists, and seen the compassion of a stranger towards a lost boy and how he was rewarded with gratitude when the boy was finally found. We've seen our major characters go through highs and lows, triumphs and unfortunate events, joy and sadness. We're living their adventures with them, and we are loving every bit of the ride. Kudos to this fine writer, and more blessed ink to your pen which gives us this marvelous story.

1 Like

Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by lukfame(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Pearl05:

123456dr
Pinkfeet
Purples25
Oly0511
Gloryejims
Uniqueogo
Preciousbeauty
1marking
Deeejah
Kingboss
Lukfame
Didov1
Nickibeauty

Thanks for having me here...
Let's see what you are dishing out to us.
Re: Sunrise in Makoko(A short story) by Pearl05(f): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
Beosten:

Thank you jare. I started this story like a joke. I didn't know readers will like it. Please give me a little while.

Please come and continue, my friends don't like to be left hanging for long. More inspiration to you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? / Google Celebrates Chinua Achebe's 87th Posthumous Birthday / Igbo-smoking Keke Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.