Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos (83853 Views)

These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / These Five States Account For 87 % Of Nigeria’s VAT Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Sunky200: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
the taxes generated from NPA, VAT, Education Tax, etc when combined is what sustaining Nigeria.

If you doubt me, endeavor to gather and collate this figures, you will realize why the whole of Nigeria have be eternally grateful to the Yorubas

27 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by gberra: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
ProWalker:

Are you saying this is an axiom? A statement of fact that requires no further proof?
He's not saying it, it is Proven, bro cool

5 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by uglyafonja: 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:
Lagos Ogun
Pay more taxes to Nigeria than all SE states combined.
Always quick to type trash
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by ProWalker: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
uglyafonja:

Look at this guy accusing someone else of typing trash, even you and your username na trash
If you say any word there again !!!

60 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by gberra: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
gare:

Open up the seaports in Rivers, Delta, Cross River state and see if the VAT will not increase, the Lagos we see is because of the see ports and the airport, there's nothing special about Lagos, all the. Coastal states had same value both they neglected them and focused only on Lagos, but if the Govt should open up all the ports in the Niger Delta, you would experience a lot of growth.

Bae, forget story. Others can't compete with Lagos. The market is Lagos.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by kn23h(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
uglyafonja:

You're too dull to understand.

29 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by ModsAlarm: 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
scholes0:

It definitely wasn't generated by Gala, FanYogo and Lacasera hawkers in Lagos traffic.

Last time I checked, there's VAT on those items you mentioned but non on "matching ground money", owo foundation, owo roofing, owo loading and offloading.
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by scholes0(m): 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Last time I checked, there's VAT on those items you mentioned but non on "matching ground money", owo foundation, owo roofing, owo loading and offloading.

In your dreams.
Take it or leave it, Yorubas control the critical economy of lagos. Using Agberos as a representation of us won't develop IsiAlangwa or do you any good.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by MicroBox: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
Our oil! Our oil!! Our oil!!!
Sudan has oil but because of IPOB like minds always crying foul, South Sudan was formed, Now they have the oil but faced with the actual reason behind the call for succession *Greed* it's now oil for weapon to kill one another.
There is more to the Economy other than oil. by 2030 Britain will be facing out hydrocarbon cars and before then, other countries will follow suit.
Nigeria spotted the motives behind Nnamdi Kanu call for succession so it's not ready to give part of Nigeria to a particular group of people..
Compete with Lagos first to see how you can cope if giving a country.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
after
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by younglleo: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
afonja forming.
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by nnokwa042(m): 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
ERockson:
The whole SE can not boast of 2% of the total VAT. I wonder which area they actually contribute to national growth in that region.
u people make me laff let's take away seaport airport and all multiple oil national companies in lagos them u can till me another story

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
scholes0:

In your dreams.
Take it or leave it, Yorubas control the critical economy of lagos. Using Agberos as a representation of us won't develop IsiAlangwa or do you any good.

Lagos economy is based on Niger delta oil and South Easterners' commerce. Take this 2 things away and Lagos falls like a pack of cards. #Fact

3 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by taguafuo: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
How do they generate this data. I don't believe any statistics that originate from the zoo
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by sammirano: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
i just pity the igbos with shouting lagos is no man's land. your eyes will soon clear.

42 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
Oga080666419419:

do you think it was generated with lazy yoouths crowding all betting centers in Oyo and Ogun States.

Lagos is a no man's land.

"developers" on the loose

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
The Oil companies that contribute to the IGR of Lagos have no business being at Lagos.

When you close all airports and allow only Lagos to function, are you surprise ?

When you shut down all the sea ports and allow only Lagos to function, are you surprise ?

When you do not allow banks to accept houses as collateral for bank loans in other places, but only for Lagos, Abuja and your favorite states, are you surprise that we have to come to Lagos to buy assets in other to qualify for loans ?

Now the Polytechnic Accountant, now Minister of Finance wants States to survive on IGR while Federal Govt will do what with the Oil allocation that they steal from Niger Delta ?

She is stupid, if you ask me.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by adetayo234: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
Oga080666419419:

do you think it was generated with lazy yoouths crowding all betting centers in Oyo and Ogun States.

Lagos is a no man's land.

If Nigeria breaks up today, that "no-man's land" will be seen as Yoruba land tongue

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by nnokwa042(m): 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
scholes0:

Abeg Mechionu.
Oyo and Ogun states are the second or third largest non oil GDP in Nigeria after Lagos. It is between one of both, we still arent sure because Oyo used t be number 2, but Ogun has risen profoundly of recent.
What do you mean how many people in Oyo or Ogun can boast of a disposable income, Lmao. The SW remains farrr richer than your SE region no matter how you want to dice it, be it Bulk GDP, Disposable income, Number of Rich people, State generated incomes, Multidimensional poverty, etc. Data has shown that the SE consistently remains the poorest region in the South of Nigeria as provided by several Global and National indices over years..

And another:

and they re still into skull mining in Ogun state? Tell me another story

1 Like

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Lyoncrescent: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
gare:

Open up the seaports in Rivers, Delta, Cross River state and see if the VAT will not increase, the Lagos we see is because of the see ports and the airport, there's nothing special about Lagos, all the. Coastal states had same value both they neglected them and focused only on Lagos, but if the Govt should open up all the ports in the Niger Delta, you would experience a lot of growth.

How do you then explain ogun state.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by khalids: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
And as usual the two most stupid tribes...in Nigeria are busy fighting while the Northerners are busy looting and positioning themselves.....Do you see any Northerner here on nairaland fighting with you yet they are the ones you claim are holding you back

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by MasterChen: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
scholes0....your head is there cool

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by Richyicon(m): 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
I love this woman I swear!

4 Likes

Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by TheAngry1: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ok
Re: Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
courtesy of my Igbo brothers... abeg where is buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos) / COVID-19: 3 Of Abba Kyari's Staff Test Positive / See Funny Comparison Of Tinubu And Obi's Visit To Emir Of Lafia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.