Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall (2181 Views)

New Photos Of Akwa Ibom Boy Abandoned To Die For Being A Wizard Will Shock You / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Maybe The 'men Of God' Are Men Of Preek Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Every chtistian is well familiar with Matthew 27:46 which says thus

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

This was what Jesus said at his point of death on the cross/stake which is an indication that he wasn't willing to die hence asking his father why he's failed to come for his rescue. This implies that he was compelled by his father to die for the world.

If you say he was willing to die but still uttered those words, then he and his father are simply playing a fast one on us. How can they after making agreement in heaven, came on earth to play pranks on us as if his death wasn't preplanned
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by mzhorlah(f): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
Do you even know why God left Jesus? It was because of the sins of the whole world that was on him. God hates Sins, you can't live in sin and expect to have a cordial relationship with God.

Back to your question? Jesus said so because he has always felt God's presence. God was always with him and at that instance he couldn't feel it, he cried out. Besides, if Jesus wasn't willing to die, first , he wouldn't have come to the world. second, he wouldn't have been persecuted. Remember, Jesus had all the power in the world to have avoided those persecutions but he didn't .

7 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
mzhorlah:
Do you even know why God left Jesus? It was because of the sins of the whole world that was on him. God hates Sins, you can't live in sin and expect to have a cordial relationship with God.

Back to your question? Jesus said so because he has always felt God's presence. God was always with him and at that instance he couldn't feel it, he cried out. Besides, if Jesus wasn't willing to die, first , he wouldn't have come to the world. second, he wouldn't have been persecuted. Remember, Jesus had all the power in the world to have avoided those persecutions but he didn't .
what does he need god's presence for at that instance? It is evident jesus was asking for god's presence so that he can be saved from dying. Or is there someone around he wanted to heal with god's presence or what? Meanwhile, willingness to come to earth and willingness to die are two separate things. He's enjoyed all the touches of female fans which he craved for before coming. Time to die he started shouting Eli Eli

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by mzhorlah(f): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
chemystery:
what does he need god's presence for at that instance? It is evident jesus was asking for god's presence so that he can be saved from dying. Or is there someone around he wanted to heal with god's presence or what? Meanwhile, willingness to come to earth and willingness to die are two separate things. He's enjoyed all the touches of female fans which he craved for before coming. Time to die he started shouting Eli Eli
Am not here to argue but I had advice you keep quiet if you ain't sure of something.

if you wake up one day and couldn't feel your leg, how would you feel?. Jesus had always felt God before that time so not feeling him within minutes made him cry out. consult your Bible please

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
chemystery:
LMAOOO

ROTFL

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
mzhorlah:

Am not here to argue but I had advice you keep quiet if you ain't sure of something.

if you wake up one day and couldn't feel your leg, how would you feel?. Jesus had always felt God before that time so not feeling him within minutes made him cry out consult your Bible please
If i wake up and cant find my feet, i will be shocked and know i'm in for long thing cos i need my feet to walk. Now tell me, what does Jesus need god's presence for at that instance?

Also back the bolded up with bible verses which says Jesus always feels gods presence which left at the point of death
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Rtopzy(f): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
mzhorlah:

Dearie, you've said it all...... ignore the op

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by GenghisAlexa(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
He even lost faith in God. He said 'father father why art thou FORSAKEN me'

He prolly didn't know death by crucifixion was part of the deal

The rewards of that kinda extreme lifestyle are simply not for the liver

His message keeps the balance tho

Imagine a world full of only Islamic and Jewish doctrines

We'd prolly still be in the stone age. Or way more theoretical times

The power of empathy as a fuel for innovation would have been stifled

And we'd all be savages, competing without remorse

My only problem with this times is the unrepentant dilution and exploitation of his sacrifice.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 12:08am On Aug 02, 2017
GenghisAlexa:
He even lost faith in God. He said 'father father why art thou FORSAKEN me'

He prolly didn't know death by crucifixion was part of the deal

The rewards of that kinda extreme lifestyle are simply not for the liver

His message keeps the balance tho

Imagine a world full of only Islamic and Jewish doctrines

We'd prolly still be in the stone age. Or way more theoretical times

The power of empathy as a fuel for innovation would have been stifled

And we'd all be savages, competing without remorse

My only problem with this times is the unrepentant dilution and exploitation of his sacrifice.

That is the obvious yet folks like mzhorlah are bent on claiming the bible does not mean what it said rather it said what she means
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Amberon11: 1:57am On Aug 02, 2017
Y'all busy bodies can't focus on your atheism and I wonder why. If you're not a christian you're not in position to tell Christians about the bible they know a thousand times better than you.
chemystery:
That is the obvious yet folks like mzhorlah are bent on claiming the bible does not mean what it said rather it said what she means
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MuttleyLaff: 6:34am On Aug 02, 2017
chemystery:
Every chtistian is well familiar with Matthew 27:46 which says thus

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

This was what Jesus said at his point of death on the cross/stake
which is an indication that he wasn't willing to die hence asking his father why he's failed to come for his rescue.
This implies that he was compelled by his father to die for the world.

If you say he was willing to die but still uttered those words, then he and his father are simply playing a fast one on us.
How can they after making agreement in heaven, came on earth to play pranks on us as if his death wasn't preplanned
Jesus did not say:
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me

By hook or by crook, translators try to align Jesus's utterance on the cross with David's lamentation in Psalms 22:1,
but the two scenarios really arent the same

Not sure of the translators' sincerety when imagining and settling for "forsaken"
when that wasnt what Jesus, in the Aramaic language uttered on the cross.

I do understand, and do see why the translators leaned towards "forsaken"
but going for that strong and "borrowed from Psalms 22:1" "forsaken" word stretched the truth
and obliterated getting the true understanding of what Jesus actually said and/or really meant on the cross

I am quite sure, Jesus is fully aware of Deuteronomy 31:6, Deuteronomy 31:8, Joshua 1:5 and 1 Chronicles 28:20 to not have used that strong "forsaken" word in the manner or way, that the translators want to lead all to believe is what and how He uttered the words

mzhorlah:
Do you even know why God left Jesus?
It was because of the sins of the whole world that was on him.
God hates Sins, you can't live in sin and expect to have a cordial relationship with God.

Back to your question? Jesus said so because he has always felt God's presence.
God was always with him and at that instance he couldn't feel it, he cried out.
Besides, if Jesus wasn't willing to die, first , he wouldn't have come to the world. second, he wouldn't have been persecuted.
Remember, Jesus had all the power in the world to have avoided those persecutions but he didn't .
God did not leave Jesus

No matter, how much any person has talked in life, the final words of most, if not all dying persons in life, seems to command that little extra respect, as listeners pay particular special and strained attention to the last words of a dying person.

Most people' last words are very profound, and Jesus' is no exception when He uttered His.

Repeating, the final words of most dying persons are very important, and last words of such dying people, are usually filled with messages for certain people, last wishes, final requests, final blessings, special instructions, cryptic messages
(e.g. Jesus switching to Aramaic with the "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani'' utterance)

Jesus, as a dying man hung on a cross, uttered the below famous dying 7 last words/sentences

1) Luke 23:34 - Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
2) Luke 23:43 - Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
3) John 19:26–27 - Woman, behold your son. Son Behold your mother.
4) Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 - My God, My God... (this rest bit is blanked out, to be revealed later)
5) John 19:28 - I thirst.
6) John 19:30 - It is finished (or "It is accomplished'')
7) Luke 23:46 - Father, into your hands I commit my spirit

After reading Matthew 27:46 or Matthew 27:50 and then reading Mark 15:34 or Mark 15:37, one would ask:
"What were those Jesus' last words on the cross, not explicitly mentioned in Matthew 27:50 and Mark 15:37?"

Well of courtesy of John 19:30 and Luke 23:46, we know what the last words, which were not explicitly mentioned in Matthew 27:50 and Mark 15:37 are

If you keep, "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani", (i.e. Matthew 27:46 and Matthew 27:50) in the mind,
and also keep "it is finished" or "it is accomplished" together with "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" in mind too
(i.e. Matthew 27:50 or Mark 15:37 with John 19:30 and Luke 23:46)
then there is a good chance of understanding what Jesus Christ actually said with "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
(i.e. My God, My God, (the continuing bit here is blanked out, to be revealed later))
and also know what He was saying and was doing with those last dying words.

For whose benefit, there, did Jesus, in Aramaic utter His last words?
Who were listening, who there could have understood the language He uttered and who there was the message in that utterance for?

Jesus for the benefit of the disciples uttered in Aramaic the purpose
(i.e. the reason all those things were happening, the reason why He was created or the reason why He came to exist)
He then after declaring that the purpose (i.e. the process for salvation) is finished or accomplished
excused Himself with the "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" last word

Jesus chose His word very carefully and didnt speak impetuously when He used "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
Jesus doesnt speak impetuously, like David did, with "forsaken me" in Psalms 22:1
Speak impetuously about God, like that, just isnt at all part of any of Jesus' method of operating

Yes, Jesus did actually paraphrased the begining of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1) just like He paraphrased the end of Psalm 22 (i.e Psalm 22:31)
There are a bunch of other scriptures and messianic psalms Jesus paraphrases.
Paul, Peter and others ocassionally also display this paraphrasing parts of old testament behaviour

Worth noting, is that, Jesus deliberating DID NOT quote Psalms 22:1 verbatim, blindly or directly
but consciously changed or switched language and used the Aramaic "sabachthani",
so as to make the distinction from the Aramaic "nashatani"

"nashatani" and "sabachthani" are both Aramaic
"Nashatani" is the Aramaic word for the Hebrew word "azabtani", where in Psalms 22:1 it is correctly translated as the English word "forsaken"

"Sabachthani" is a homonym and it apart from meaning "forsaken or abandoned", it also means "to keep or kept", "to allow" or "to permit"

Since "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" is Aramaic, if Jesus meant "forsaken", He would have uttered "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani"
where "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani" would mean "My God, My God, why hath Thou forsaken Me"
but He used "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
which when translated, means:
"My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny" (i.e. I was born to do this)
or "My God, My God, this is what You permitted"
or "My God, My God, this is what You allowed"

Unlike many misinformed, specifically saying or insisting on "forsaken", the Aramaic speaking disciples and others in the crowd who were from Galilee never for a moment thought that Jesus had said God had forsaken Him.
How can that possibly be? God, forsaking Jesus? Nah, no, no, no.

Those words:
"My God, My God, for this I was kept"
or "My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny" (i.e. I was born for this)

were deliberated spoken in Aramaic by Jesus to God the Father and He spoke it loud and clear enough for the benefit and hearing of the disciples and others who understood Aramaic. He confirmed the plan, confirmed the reason for His crucifixion, and confirmed accomplishing the execution of the plan
He did all this to the hearing of the disciples et al, made it publicly official, so that the beautiful message be known and be passed on to the entire world by the hearers of those unforgetable last words.

The dying last four utterances of Jesus were:
4) Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 - My God, My God, (this bit is blanked out, to be revealed later)
5) John 19:28 - I thirst.
6) John 19:30 - It is finished (or "It is accomplished'')
7) Luke 23:46 - Father, into your hands I commit my spirit

The first of the last four utterances were for the benefit of the disciples, which is why it was spoken in Aramaic
(e.g. "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani'')

The last two words are self explanatory and makes everthing else fall into place once the proper translation of the "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" is done.

"Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" means: "My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny"

So we have:
"My God, My God, this is why You kept me"; "It is finished (or "It is accomplished'') and then "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 6:57am On Aug 02, 2017
mzhorlah:

if you wake up one day and couldn't feel your leg, how would you feel?. Jesus had always felt God before that time so not feeling him within minutes made him cry out. consult your Bible please
you're saying rubbish and you don't know it.
have you forgotten he asked his father I think three times in the garden of Gethsemane I think that if it would be possible, let his father take away his coming death..
how's that a sign of willingness?
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Amberon11:
Y'all busy bodies can't focus on your atheism and I wonder why. If you're not a christian you're not in position to tell Christians about the bible they know a thousand times better than you.
Christians know nothing about the Bible.

your logic is pure bull and you know it.
tell any Muslim about the errors in his Quran again and see your hypocrisy for yourself.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff, funny how you accepted all Jesus said except that line. I have seen how much time you spent to twist the bible to make sure it doesn't mean what it said rather in summary, just like mzhorlah, you are telling us it said what you guys mean.

My God, My god, why have your presence left me ____ mzhorlah
My god, my god, this is why you kept me _____ MuttleyLaff

I am waiting for Amberon11 and other self acclaimed bible students to give us their own twist in translation/interpretation.

P.S
MuttleyLaff, I also want you to explain why Jesus called his father My God instead of My father. Since both of them are gods. I didn't mention this point earlier else you would have twisted it with you initial post to come up with "My father, My father....." instead of "My god, my god...."
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by NPComplete: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2017
@Muttleylaff just wrote the most dishonest shit I have read in recent times. This is a Christian version of Al taqiyyah.

Pray tell, where did u get ur own translation from?
The people who wrote the bible believed he said "My God why have you forsaken me?" And they lived sometime close to Jesus so they could possibly give a more accurate interpretation than u. They were also supposed disciples of Jesus so they had no reason to want to lie.
But a dishonest Christian like u just gave us 3 different interpretation to suit ur own narrative. lol

Whether or not Jesus was willing to die for the world cannot be ascertained by the passage only though. It's possible that he wanted to die but he wasn't ready for such excruciating pain. And being in human form, the pain was more than he could take so he cried out like all men would in the time of despair. That passage probably speaks about the humanity of Jesus at that moment than anything else.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Amberon11: 9:25am On Aug 02, 2017
And you Mr all knowing know everything about the bible yeah right!

Whats my buisness with a book plagiarized from the bible?
MrMontella:

tell any Muslim about the errors in his Quran again and see your hypocrisy for yourself.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 10:17am On Aug 02, 2017
MrMontella:

Please there are NO ERRORS in the Bible. It is simply that some of us do not understand some parts at least for now. But all you need to see God after your death is to be born again. God will not judge you for not understanding everything in the Scriptures. Thanks.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2017
MrMontella:

you're saying rubbish and you don't know it.
have you forgotten he asked his father I think three times in the garden of Gethsemane I think that if it would be possible, let his father take away his coming death..
how's that a sign of willingness?
While on earth, Christ was fully man. His humanity came to play as the time of His brutal death approached. That was why He prayed thus in the garden of Gethsemane. He equally lamented as He hung on the cross because His Father 'forsook' Him for carrying the sins of the world.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by TheCarpenter(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Please there are NO ERRORS in the Bible. It is simply that some of us do not understand some parts at least for now. But all you need to see God after your death is to be born again. God will not judge you for not understanding everything in the Scriptures. Thanks.
Lets start...

And god regretted creating humans - > omni-knowin defiled.

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

Révélation 7:1 - > flat earth
Révélation 7:2 - > angels holding wind
Isaiah 45:7 - > God is the creator of evil.
Exodus 32:14
The two creation stories of genesis
The Noah ark tale
The coming of jesus as a warlord in this current generation
The talking donkey
The talking serpent

Should I continue listing?
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2017
chemystery:
MuttleyLaff, funny how you accepted all Jesus said except that line. I have seen how much time you spent to twist the bible to make sure it doesn't mean what it said rather in summary, just like mzhorlah, you are telling us it said what you guys mean.

My God, My god, why have your presence left me ____ mzhorlah
My god, my god, this is why you kept me _____ MuttleyLaff

I am waiting for Amberon11 and other self acclaimed bible students to give us their own twist in translation/interpretation.

P.S
MuttleyLaff, I also want you to explain why Jesus called his father My God instead of My father. Since both of them are gods. I didn't mention this point earlier else you would have twisted it with you initial post to come up with "My father, My father....." instead of "My god, my god...."
The Father is God. The Son is equally God. The Holy Spirit is equally God - but that does not imply three Gods. This is a theological term called Trinity. The Father Himself called the Son "God" (Hebrews 1:cool. While on earth, Christ was fully man and had to subordinate and subject Himself to the authority of the Father. (Philippians 2:5-cool. He did so willingly and for a purpose. One is that since He, as our Perfect Example did so, we who are inferior mortals should be humble and subject ourselves to the overriding will of God in all things. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

Lets start...

And god regretted creating humans - > omni-knowin defiled.

Révélation 7:1 - > flat earth
Révélation 7:2 - > angels holding wind
Isaiah 45:7 - > God is the creator of evil.
Exodus 32:14
The two creation stories of genesis
The Noah ark tale
The coming of jesus as a warlord in this current generation
The talking donkey
The talking serpent

Should I continue listing?
I repeat, there are no errors in the Bible. I used to think like you over some of these seemingly contradictory verses of the Bible. Now I know better. That does not also mean I have understood everything. But I think having a positive attitude will help one to understand better. The hostile attitude of already judging the Bible as erroneous or fault -finding will make you blind to the truth. But most importantly, you need to be born again so that your mind will be purged of carnality. The Bible says that the natural man (the unregenerated) cannot receive the things of the Spirit because they are foolishness unto him neither can he know ie understand them because they are spiritually discerned (1st Corinthians 2:14). If you have an open mind, then we can go ahead.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by TheCarpenter(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
I repeat, there are no errors in the Bible. I used to think like you over some of these seemingly contradictory verses of the Bible.

Mr man, the above verse are obvious contradiction and as well inconsistent.
Now I know better. That does not also mean I have understood everything. But I think having a positive attitude will help one to understand better.

Egbon, i was a Christian, a devoted one at that. So, no preaching can defend the inconsistencies of the Bible.
The hostile attitude of already judging the Bible as erroneous or fault -finding will make you blind to the truth.

Lets call a spade, spade.
But most importantly, you need to be born again so that your mind will be purged of carnality.

I'm sick & tired of hearing this line "YOU NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE".

But i dont need the holy spirit to believe jesus died for your sins àbí?
Abeg, find new excuse to yarn me.
The Bible says that the natural man (the unregenerated) cannot receive the things of the Spirit because they are foolishness unto him neither can he know ie understand them because they are spiritually discerned (1st Corinthians 2:14).

This is one of the reason why I don't like Christianity. The Bible is so full of hating and harsh lines whenever you disagree with its contents.

Btw, that same Bible of yours states; before I was born, he knew me.
Directly, it means god knew I was going to be foolish since I'm no longer a Christian.

Christians suck.
If you have an open mind, then we can go ahead.
I'm open minded to Discussions. You failed to address the raised verses stating contradictions, errors about the word of God but instead, you are quoting verses and giving flimsy excuses

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by gbadexy(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

Egbon, i was a Christian, a devoted one at that. So, no preaching can defend the inconsistencies of the Bible.

I'm sick & tired of hearing this line "YOU NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE".

This is one of the reason why I don't like Christianity. The Bible is so full of hating and harsh lines whenever you disagree with its contents.

Directly, it means god knew I was going to be foolish since I'm no longer a Christian.

Christians suck.

I'm open minded to Discussions. You failed to address the raised verses stating contradictions, errors about the word of God but instead, you are quoting verses and giving flimsy excuses
There was a quote also about the cup being passed over him if it was the will of God. I'm not well versed on the bible, anyone knowledgeable should help out with the proper quote.
Even in islam, there are some things that I honestly try hard to grasp but I love the religion.
It's still better to be under a religion though. I don't believe there is anything like atheist, only people without religion.
religion doesn't mean a person would be good, but the doctrines clearly warn against doing evil with some consequences.
A religious person may still go ahead with evil despite the warnings, an irreligious person may generally be a good person but an evil irreligious person would be very evil without and limit.
Does any sane person believe those killing innocent families in ikorodu would just die and fade off for eternity with regular upright person.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Amberon11:
And you Mr all knowing know everything about the bible yeah right!

Whats my buisness with a book plagiarized from the bible?
hypocrite.
like the Bible is not a plagiarized thrash itself.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Amberon11: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Plagiarized from your poo??

You seem pained and frustrated. Are Christians the cause of your frustration?
MrMontella:

hypocrite.
like the Bible is not a plagiarized thrash itself.

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 11:40am On Aug 02, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
While on earth, Christ was fully man. His humanity came to play as the time of His brutal death approached. That was why He prayed thus in the garden of Gethsemane. He equally lamented as He hung on the cross because His Father 'forsook' Him for carrying the sins of the world.
totally out of point.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 11:42am On Aug 02, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Please there are NO ERRORS in the Bible. It is simply that some of us do not understand some parts at least for now.ÿ But all you need to see God after your death is to be born again. God will not judge you for not understanding everything in the Scriptures. Thanks.
no errors in the Bible.?
there are no errors in the African traditional religion, Amadioha is the way..
all you have to do to be saved is to believe in him and sacrifice goats to him.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2017
Amberon11:
Plagiarized from your poo??

You seem pained and frustrated. Are Christians the cause of your frustration?
stop projecting your personal grievances as that of another person.
I hope your pain eases soonest.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 11:56am On Aug 02, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
The Father is God. The Son is equally God. The Holy Spirit is equally God - but that does not imply three Gods. This is a theological term called Trinity. The Father Himself called the Son "God" (Hebrews 1:cool. While on earth, Christ was fully man and had to subordinate and subject Himself to the authority of the Father. (Philippians 2:5-cool. He did so willingly and for a purpose. One is that since He, as our Perfect Example did so, we who are inferior mortals should be humble and subject ourselves to the overriding will of God in all things. Thanks.
You are saying Yahweh is the god of Jesus who is also a god? So gods do have god(s).
Thanks, it makes sense now
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
chemystery:

You are saying Yahweh is the god of Jesus who is also a god? So gods do have god(s).
Thanks, it makes sense now
The message is obviously not for you (Ist Corinthians 2:14). Thanks.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
MrMontella:

totally out of point.
The message is on point for those already in the Kingdom. Jesus loves you. That is why He died for your sins on the Cross at Calvary. He desires that you to repent and receive Him as your Lord and personal Saviour so as not to be forever damned. Once you do like I did, this message will become meaningful to you. You have a choice. May God help you to chose right before it becomes too late I J N, Amen.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by UnchangeableGod: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

Christians suck.

Sooth yourself. If trying to help you is giving flimsy excuses, you can continue seeking succour 'in your new found Faith'. Your being a Christian and now an unbeliever makes your case a 'better one'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian / Should A Christian Be Sick? / How Do You Get To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.