Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,809 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) (5219 Views)

This Is The Freestyle That Got Japp Roasted On Twitter. / Japp: 'Everywhere' - Lord's Chosen Hip-Hop Music Video! / Japp 'hallelujah' Trends As Singer Gives Testimony,Reveals How Song Was Composed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by piagetskinner(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
not bad at all...

but one question I still keep asking gospel musicians( I'm trying to believe urs is) is y do y'all make christian songs sound worldly....
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ABbless(m): 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
maskele:
very good beat,bad rendition..
The guy need voice training.
Some off key noticed @1:55.

...... just my sincere review.
Kudos. Better than not trying at all.
I wish u all the best.

God would bless you for your honest and and humble opinions on this. let's always be honest. our honest and sincere opinions is what would make an artiste improve,grow and get better but when we always continue with this cult-like zombie following and screaming wow wow wow at mediocrity how do we move the industry forward? bro I like the idea of the song but the production is not so good dope beat yes but I dont know if its the mixing or mastering but certainly something is wrong with the blend of the voice and the beat.not to mention the once in a while off timing and off key. but with more works and a better production you should be alright. kudos

1 Like

Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ABbless(m): 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
piagetskinner:
not bad at all...

but one question I still keep asking gospel musicians( I'm trying to believe urs is) is y do y'all make christian songs sound worldly....

what's your definition for worldly?? or how do you classify a song as worldly
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ManTiger(m): 12:14am On Aug 03, 2017
maskele:

I wish u all the best.

Thanks very much for your observation, I really appreciate, I have invited the producer to come on page to read sincere comment for better production.

Thanks.
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ManTiger(m): 12:21am On Aug 03, 2017
ABbless:

God would bless you for your honest and and humble opinions on this. let's always be honest. our honest and sincere opinions is what would make an artiste improve,grow and get better but when we always continue with this cult-like zombie following and screaming wow wow wow at mediocrity how do we move the industry forward? bro I like the idea of the song but the production is not so good dope beat yes but I dont know if its the mixing or mastering but certainly something is wrong with the blend of the voice and the beat.not to mention the once in a while off timing and off key. but with more works and a better production you should be alright. kudos
Thanks for your input, the equipment determines the output most times, I saw Psquard in-house studio and I was like wow... I saw Avid S4 which is currently on pre-order only, MBox Pro4, sound compressor with a powerful soundcard, even if someones voice is cracked, the equipment will smoothing it. What i'm saying is the equipement we are working with is currently limited but excuse is not a reason not to give a trial. I actually contact the prolific Indomix for mixing and mastering but his bills were on the high side compared to our budget.

Thanks so much for your input.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ManTiger(m): 12:28am On Aug 03, 2017
piagetskinner:
not bad at all...

Sir, the world has moved away from the conventional type of gospel we all grew up with, urban contemporary gospel music can be dated back to the time of Krik Franklin, thats about 17 or 20yrs ago. For the past few weeks now, i used to wonder if our instrumentalist in church was actually the one that play the gbegberegbe beat on small doctors penalty kick, he could play it perfectly and the atmosphere will change, who a I to criticise him or anyone that deemed it fit to dance to the beat? The truth is, the church want to dance and if we christian don't give them the beat and a song that is lyrically upright, the likes of Burnaboy, Lil Kesh et al will give then and they will perform it sheepishly in church.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ABbless(m): 1:06am On Aug 03, 2017
ManTiger:

Thanks for your input, the equipment determines the output most times, I saw Psquard in-house studio and I was like wow... I saw Avid S4 which is currently on pre-order only, MBox Pro4, sound compressor with a powerful soundcard, even if someones voice is cracked, the equipment will smoothing it. What i'm saying is the equipement we are working with is currently limited but excuse is not a reason not to give a trial. I actually contact the prolific Indomix for mixing and mastering but his bills were on the high side compared to our budget.

Thanks so much for your input.

lool indomix? somebody that you hear his name on almost every A-list artiste's song what do you expect? bro I like the faith you have in your work tho.you believe am die. thats a necessary attribute but really how vast are you with the music environment? how many mixing and mastering guys do you know?have you heard of Dan jiggy? there are many more dope guys around I used Dan jiggy once and it was professional becos he's standard and has been in rgw industry for years. I've not been to his studio for ages but I can vouch for his works. music business is serious business if you have the money to spend on a project u believe in spend oh whatever you do avoid mediocrity and be true to yourself. many expensive songs out there even though they "don't make sense" but you dey hear am whether you like it or not, thats money speaking and the quality of the song plus the names you hear on the production no be beans. it is well bro
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ManTiger(m): 1:29am On Aug 03, 2017
ABbless:

lool indomix? somebody that you hear his name on almost every A-list artiste's song what do you expect? bro I like the faith you have in your work tho.you believe am die. thats a necessary attribute but really how vast are you with the music environment? how many mixing and mastering guys do you know?have you heard of Dan jiggy? there are many more dope guys around I used Dan jiggy once and it was professional becos he's standard and has been in rgw industry for years. I've not been to his studio for ages but I can vouch for his works. music business is serious business if you have the money to spend on a project u believe in spend oh whatever you do avoid mediocrity and be true to yourself. many expensive songs out there even though they "don't make sense" but you dey hear am whether you like it or not, thats money speaking and the quality of the song plus the names you hear on the production no be beans. it is well bro

I'm checking up Dan Jiggy on IG already, I will appreciate a direct contact tho.

Edited, I got his number and email. I will light up the number when the day break. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ABbless(m): 1:49am On Aug 03, 2017
ManTiger:

I'm checking up Dan Jiggy on IG already, I will appreciate a direct contact tho.

I'm not sure you would find Dan jiggy on insta cos i dont know his handle myself.but watch this space ill get you a direct contact but if you reside in Lagos his studio is at lawanson. i could send you a link to my song he mixed and mastered so you feel his works for yourself
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by piagetskinner(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
ManTiger:

Sir, the world has moved away from the conventional type of gospel we all grew up with, urban contemporary gospel music can be dated back to the time of Krik Franklin, thats about 17 or 20yrs ago. For the past few weeks now, i used to wonder if our instrumentalist in church was actually the one that play the gbegberegbe beat on small doctors penalty kick, he could play it perfectly and the atmosphere will change, who a I to criticise him or anyone that deemed it fit to dance to the beat? The truth is, the church want to dance and if we christian don't give them the beat and a song that is lyrically upright, the likes of Burnaboy, Lil Kesh et al will give then and they will perform it sheepishly in church.

i get ur point but you see my Oga..this is the problem..we Christians try to copy the worldly style of doing things..we want to be Christians and at the same time want to feel funky too.that was not how our christian fathers lived, there was a clear demarcation between what was worldly and what was Godly. now I'm not judging anyone o..far from it..even me self get my own flaws. just as a night club doesn't accept the 'churchy' kind of dressing, the church too shouldn't allow the 'cluby' kind too.

na God we de praise no be human being oo..that's how one guy was telling me if I want to blow I should sing the kind of gospel songs people want to hear...I told him I'm not interested in blowing..if a song doesn't eulogise God,if it doesn't encourage a soul, if it doesn't rebuke/correct...then I cannot call that song gospel.
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by piagetskinner(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
maskele:

I wish u all the best.

I saw that too..music is actually not for everybody...and who does a song for only 2:37?

he can improve with proper voice training...I guess this is his first

1 Like

Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by Opoki(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
piagetskinner:

I saw that too..music is actually not for everybody...and who does a song for only 2:37?

he can improve with proper voice training...I guess this is his first
Sincerely it's not by lengthy.
Re: Kindly Review PRAISE By JAPP (a Nairalander) by ManTiger(m): 12:18am On Jul 18, 2019
#JappAlive grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria / Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers / How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.