Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu (1479 Views)

Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet / Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Anambra: I'll Support The Re-election Of Obiano, Says Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by sarrki(m): 4:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Ex-Governor meets with Arewa youths

Former Abia State Governor Orji Kalu said yesterday that the agitation for a sovereign state of Biafra was adversely affecting Southeast’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

Kalu spoke in Abuja at a joint news conference with members of the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) after a meeting.

He said he opened up consultations with the group following issuing of threats and counter-threats in the country.

The former governor said the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, was not the only one talking about Biafra.

He said he had access to other agitators and would keep talking to them.

“It is an issue of great concern to the region; the young people on the street do not know the damage the Biafra agitation does to the GDP of the region.

“The GDP of the area has gone down grossly; I am an entrepreneur and I know it.

“Cameroon, Chad, Niger and others used to buy goods from Aba; now how many of them still go there?

“We resolved this issue when I was the governor of Abia; I resolved it with Ralph Uwazulike and he listened; we will speak with Nnamdi Kanu and he will listen.’’

Kalu said the diversity and demography of Nigeria was its strength.

According to him, every part of the country has something to offer for its development, anybody who thinks otherwise is making mistake.

The former governor urged the group to support the call for restructuring since it did not mean breaking up the country.

“Nigeria needs to restructure economically and other wise. Many states cannot pay salaries.

“We need to put more money on capital projects; I recommend 25 per cent for recurrent and 75 per cent for capital.

“If the federal and state governments had invested in agriculture, the North should be making about 150 billion dollars from agriculture yearly.

“This is the only country that traverses from Atlantic Ocean to Sahara desert; some people are asking God to give them just one; we have to keep the country united,’’ he said.

He thanked the Chairman of CNG Shettima Yerima, for coming for the meeting, adding that there would be further consultations to reach a common ground.

Kalu assured southerners living in the North that they were safe and Nigeria was also safe.

Yerima said he had been engaging with Kalu via telephone since the quit notice issue came up.

Yerima, who is also the Chairman of Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, said Kalu had shown a lot of concern and was worried that the unity of Nigeria was being threatened.

The groups, few months ago, issued the threat following the agitations for the State of Biafra by the IPOB.

According to Yerima, since the threat was issued lot of things have changed.

He said many prominent traditional and religious rulers, governors and well-meaning Nigerians have spoken to the groups.

Stressing that they believed in one united Nigeria, he said more consultations are ongoing after which they will carry out a review and give the final position on the threat.

According to him, the youths were not in a hurry to withdraw the threat.

Shettima said: “The public might think probably this is the first time we are meeting; certainly no. We’ve been talking on phone ever since this issue of ultimatum came. He (Kalu) has been engaging us in talking until today that we agreed to honour his invitation and to also speak to the public.

“His worries and concern was basically on the issue of how do we maintain the unity of this country in line with the present situation of things in the country. It is only those who are blind or ignorant that will say the unity of this country is not being threatened.

“It has been threatened, but you have prominent Nigerians, people like him who have shown a lot of concern and worried over the situation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/biafra-agitation-affecting-southeasts-economy-says-kalu/
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Ra88: 4:09am On Aug 02, 2017
This Kalu must be a mad man.

All Nigerian politicians are UNITED in corruption.

They don't care about the masses.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by sarrki(m): 4:12am On Aug 02, 2017
Good one sire

The Agitation is a fraud headed by a Mega super fraudster.

International acclaimed fraudster .Mazi 1 onikuje of kuje kingdom.

Nigeria is greater than any individual or tribe

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by sarrki(m): 4:14am On Aug 02, 2017
Ra88:

Telling the truth is now a crime ?

KANU have really succeeded in brainwashing some half baked semi illiterate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Ra88: 4:24am On Aug 02, 2017
sarrki:

Telling the truth is now a crime ?

KANU have really succeeded in brainwashing some half baked semi illiterate

You, I pity you. You go dey comment rubbish for here.

Its either you're a fool in real life or you are related to any of the wicked politicians.

So you think Kalu care about his people? Lists his achievement when he was a governor?

Kno be only brainwash, na soulclean

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by MrDude: 4:25am On Aug 02, 2017
Ra88:

All Nigerian politicians are UNITED in corruption.

They don't care about the masses.

Nigerian politicians are indeed united in corruption. Kalu is a special case of corruption meet mental drudgery cum imbecility!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Ra88: 4:30am On Aug 02, 2017
sarrki:
Good one sire

Either you like it or not, if things continue this way, Nigeria will break up one day. It might not be Nnamdi Kanu's time, but this fucckked up shit hole will surely break up one day.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by MrDude: 4:32am On Aug 02, 2017
[s]
sarrki:
Good one sire

[/s]

Dude, you're such a Dumbazz! angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by kocvalour(m): 4:34am On Aug 02, 2017
sarrki:
Good one sire

Only fools take u serious!
Buhari dirty boxers fall on you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Tilda30(f): 4:36am On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by kn23h(m): 4:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Please let them continue.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by kn23h(m): 4:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Dem go still blame Yorubas for the misfortune they cause themselves. grin cheesy grin

I pity this tribe sha. The Special victim unit complex is veryyyyyyy serious.

Anyway, Biafra until they die.....economically too. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by escodotman: 4:41am On Aug 02, 2017
They will not happy about this and they come for Orji Kalu very hard. Ipob wailers over to you
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by elmessiahs(m): 5:59am On Aug 02, 2017
Once had sympathy to ipob course but believe me kanu is misbehaving
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by sarrki(m): 6:24am On Aug 02, 2017
elmessiahs:
Once had sympathy to ipob course but believe me kanu is misbehaving

That's patriotism

KANU is a sociopath
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Sprumbabafather: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Agitation is helping the economy of the south east. I know a lot of people now returning to invest in the south east economy because of the quit notice and Nigerian insecurity.

Kalu as governor was a very corrupt man who brought in Theodore Orji to complete the destruction of Abia state.

Nnamdi Kanu we know. Orji Uzor kalu is talking arrant nonsense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2017
useless kalu. a political normads. he is doing all this to curry favour from apc or perhaps to be handed the nominee candidate for the 2-19 Presidential.

condemned criminal like him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2017
sarrki:
Good one sire

u are too davft i dont know why. abeg i take God beg u. borrow sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by hammerF: 6:36am On Aug 02, 2017
Let me just add dat it is the bad leadershi of Kalu generation that have fueled the Biafra agitation.

SE economy he says but all his investment are in the SW and North.

He could not even invest Abia money in Abia.
Unemployed youth protest and all of a sudden he remembers SE Economy, didnt think SE had an Economy.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by dudebuck: 6:38am On Aug 02, 2017
sarrki:
Good one sire

what God has cursed no man can bless.
BTW your state IS is a great fraud headed by one of the Ultimately Mega Fraudsters history of mankind has ever known!
The zoo where mediocrity is celebrated like never before. Biafra is my home and hope. Not even you or the 1diot called buhari can take it away from us.
What God has cursed, no man can bless.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Fyno: 6:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Orji Kalu the uneducated criminal that has been rejected by even his igbere people running from Abuja to Kogi just to remain relevance.

In a civilized world,his type should be in jail for stealing Abia dry and introduction of diabolical system of govt in Abia.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by dudebuck: 6:45am On Aug 02, 2017
This man called Orji Kalu is a real mad man, he is a typical nigerian, very idiotic, daft and bereft of reasoning, I had a cousin who buys from Aba and takes the goods to Togo, but he no longer does it because he is DEAD! His precious life was taken by the death traps you call federal and state roads that litter the south East. It is now more expensive to do those type of business because of lack of even minimum infracstructures, and that is what IPOB is fighting again, befor the advent of IPOB, weren't people complaining bitterly about the same thing? USELESS MAN. NKITA RAKWAA NNE GI.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by rainylad(f): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2017
...Orji uzor kalu the wicked crook who ruined Abia State with his mum,installed his evil cousin Theodore orji to continue where he stopped..is poised to be the latest god of afonjas.

...watch this space.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by sarrki(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
u are too davft i dont know why. abeg i take God beg u. borrow sense.

That appeal should go to Mazi and the criminal Ipob gang
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2017
do you if orju uzo is given another chance to contest governorship election in abia state I ll win him

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by sarrki(m): 7:21am On Aug 02, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
do you if orju uzo is given another chance to contest governorship election in abia state I ll win him

You need to know how things work here

It works there in LA

Not here
Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Integrityfarms(m): 7:31am On Aug 02, 2017
What percentage of Abia state economy did Kanu grow as a governor for eight years?

Because of biafra everyone now have a crunch word to say .. Shameless Orji

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by paBuhari(m): 7:38am On Aug 02, 2017
We afonja hydraulic soup eaters and decendants of ewedu should hit our heads very hard on the floor to prevent the restoration of Biafra! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by Eastfield1: 7:51am On Aug 02, 2017
sarrki:
Good one sire

how you Yoruba's value words from people we strongly consider criminals in Igboland is mind blowing

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by BeardedMeat(m): 7:54am On Aug 02, 2017
I think it's time to let Orji Uzor Kalu know his place! It's time to tell him to shut up cos he doesn't represent anything good.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu by BeardedMeat(m): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
When he couldn't even win a senatorial election?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Alison-madueke’s Loot Can Fund In Nigeria’ / Throwback Photo: Wole Soyinka Being Arrested By A Nigerian Policeman In 1967 / President Buhari To Achieved A Lot This Year - Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.