Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) (45123 Views)

Chika Augustin & Godspower Nwachukwu Arrested By EFCC, Wanted By FBI / Chika Odinakachukwu Austin Released In Cambodia / 14-Year-Old Boy Set Ablaze By His Mother In Abia State Has Died (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 02, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by loydsis(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2017
Rip
If u are a graduate interested in doing business U can contact me on dis number so dat we discuss 08147373173
I supply products such as:
Hair
Laptops
Phones
Cloths
U can pay after delivery and dis products are sold at a cheaper rate, distance is not a barrier. This is a one type opportunity out of poverty. U pay after delivery and please only interested pesns should contact.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Loyalblak007(f): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2017
shocked
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by chloride6: 10:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Airtel.... Remember that Nigerians have no chill

;Do the need full.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by loydsis(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2017
Nawa o
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by shollish(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2017
chai,,Airtel ...to sell #200 sim card in the process now paying millions

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2017
NeeKlaus:
From your write up, it was an ACCIDENT. Wrong choice of words: "Callously slaughtered".

Although, if it can be proven that they did nothing to help the woman's cause when she sustained the injury on their premises, then AIRTEL can be liable for Negligence.

Choose your words well. Libel is a serious issue, Bruh. undecided
It got to the front pages.
I agree it was an accident
That injury was not life threatening but add poor hospital care , pre-existing health conditions death can result. That said using overly dramatic headlines achieves results it seems even if it's not correct.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Josh44s:
Nairaland and bad news sef. Making one feel like no hope again for this country. I will soon stop visiting this site grin

Honestly.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by shirgles(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Airtel should pay for this

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by peddy231(m): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2017
This is absolutely horrendous...the offer of 3m by Leadway is way too small. Do they mean that's the worth of the woman's life? I hope not...
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by asahnwaKC: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2017
Too bad... RIP ma... Her kids deserve justice.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by vioment: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2017
F up. RIP lady.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by vioment: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2017
F... up. RIP lady.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2017
thoollz:
OMG!!! Who's taking care of those kids. Just to register sim. Anywhere death is calling, baba God let there be a diversion.
Amen in Jesus name
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Wolfbrother(m): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2017
3 million for the loss of a life is a serious insult
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Josh44s(m): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Honestly.
A day without bad news from this site won't do any harm but good. I don tire I swear
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2017
This is just a matter of sueing. Very terrible and irresponsible of Airtel if true
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by anytexy: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2017
Full detail of how the inccident ...don't understand. Did the building collaps or what?

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by EmmyDJourno: 10:42am On Aug 02, 2017
I am in tears right now cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Stupid network providers

A society that can not deliver Justice is a barbaric society

A citizen of the country has died due to an investors negligence, where is the AGF, where are the lawyers of conscience

Chaii, what a life, what an existence, what a tale cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Lilimax(f): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2017
So this woman just died like that undecided May God direct our steps aright and away from evil. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2017
Airtel's weak defense would be that "It was an act of God"... just like what T.B Joshua said.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Meritocracy: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2017
He has no business with leadway, airtel suppose to instruct leadway to take over the case.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by successinlife: 10:52am On Aug 02, 2017
Nigeria is a death trap under clueless leaders,if not truck fell on cars,it will be petrol tanker,dangote trailer,electrocution,kidnapping,armed robbery,assassins,the list is endless.Ordinary hurt,common accident & minor sickness takes the lives of the common man.Nigeria is a death trap.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Fearlez: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2017
NeeKlaus:
From your write up, it was an ACCIDENT. Wrong choice of words: "Callously slaughtered".

Although, if it can be proven that they did nothing to help the woman's cause when she sustained the injury on their premises, then AIRTEL can be liable for Negligence.

Choose your words well. Libel is a serious issue, Bruh. undecided
choosing not to help or delay in helping their subscriber in their premises is one thing, a customer sustaining a death-causing injury in Airtel's property, following a valid instruction of their staff is quite another thing.

Airtel is doubly negligent and there's no way they are getting out of this.

3 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by gracevile: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2017
Wolfbrother:
3 million for the loss of a life is a serious insult
can u really quantify life? imagine if a hit and run driver had hit her the road would be sued or she died in her sleep maybe God would give them a hundred million. Were her family waiting for her to die abi them carry her do money rituals that what the are expecting is below wat they bargained for . even if them pay ten billion it can never be equated with anyone's life
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Fearlez: 11:00am On Aug 02, 2017
obidevine:

Sure about?

Why don't you read the documents I attached.

Hope you captured the spot in pics that caved in ,where she slipped. Could be vital should this go to court.

Airtel is Indian and these people are slimy bastards in business and responsibilities. They are the masters of dirty dealing and undercutting.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Why are people cursing Leadway? Leadway would not be a party to the suit.

There are two alternatives here;

1. Alternative Dispute Resolution: Airtel can prevail on Leadway to increase the compensation of #3m as this is a complete insult to the family. I have intervened when an Agric insurance company was offering a ridiculously small amount for over 300,000 dead birds. After our negotiations , the Insurance company upped the amount by 59%.

2. Outright Lawsuit: if this is employed, Airtel would lose so much such as Goodwill, Brand erosion etc. It would cist them more cos this is a complete case of negligence leading to life of a customer and once the court awards damages, it would certainly run into tens of millions.

I'd advise all parties to meet at the dialogue table rather than the courtroom.

3 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 02, 2017
Josh44s:
Nairaland and bad news sef. Making one feel like no hope again for this country. I will soon stop visiting this site angry

But hope no dey the country before na sad
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by obailala(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2017
The Nigerian health care system, only God can help us. Taking a look at that injury, there's just no way something like that should kill a person. But only God knows the kind of treatment and care she received.

4 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Reyus: 11:02am On Aug 02, 2017
Such a sad story.
Medicare in Nigeria is so pathetic. This could have been handle better in developed countries.
She didnt have to die.
May her sweet soul RIP.

3 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Innov8ve1: 11:03am On Aug 02, 2017
just imagine the stupiid, senseless and heartless comments on here. lets imagine your kid got drowned under the care of nanny or creche? will you all come here saying nonsense that the person or company involved shouldnt be sued? this is pure négligence, they had every chance to rescue the woman but they didnt, their property wasnt safe to conduct business and you people are saying crap. that 3million they offerred is enough to convict them.

3 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by doctokwus: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2017
It's obvious that the writer wants to use the power of the social media and appeal to public emotions to push through their claims.
The way I see it is this:
The law is on the side of airtel.They took out an insurance on the building and persons that visit it thereof.By whatever premium they subscribed to,the maximum that seems payable is N3m.Fault here to me is on probably the low premium originally subscribed to.
-There were superfluous claims that for "several hours,nothing was done for her.Subdequent part of the write-up rubbished those claims.
-St.Claire was hospital of her choice and airtel footed the bills and again at NOHI.That is not an action of an organization not feeling some responsibility and showing care.
Bear it in mind this was an accident,though it occurred in a company's premises.Many people have used that same facility,probably stood at that same spot without suffering same faith.
What I see here is a legal firm also keen to reap from the unfortunate and tragic death of a woman because they have seen a 'giant' corporate organization is involved.I would be keen to know the agreement that this legal firm signed with the deceased family with regards to the percentage it would get from what they are able to negotiate aside the N3m leadway offered to pay.I am sure they wouldn't disclose it lest they get public lashing.I am also sure that the law firm knows that as sad as it sounds,the law courts may be on the side of airtel as per statutory obligations.
The way forward
:
Let all parties sit at the negotiating table without the law firm being involved.
Let the family cancel whatever contract it signed with the law firm.
Let airtel compensate the family,more as a sympathetic corporate organization,than as a compulsion,aside the statutory N3m the insurance people would pay,by taking up the burial arrangements and sponsorship of the kids up to university level.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Beheads His Girlfriend In Ghana (video) / Man Spots Couple He Helped 3 Years Ago Begging On Same Issue / Twitter User, Segun Drinks Sniper Live On Twitter Over Low Jamb Score (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.