Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) (45158 Views)

Chika Augustin & Godspower Nwachukwu Arrested By EFCC, Wanted By FBI / Chika Odinakachukwu Austin Released In Cambodia / 14-Year-Old Boy Set Ablaze By His Mother In Abia State Has Died (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Wolfbrother(m): 11:10am On Aug 02, 2017
gracevile:
can u really quantify life? imagine if a hit and run driver had hit her the road would be sued or she died in her sleep maybe God would give them a hundred million. Were her family waiting for her to die abi them carry her do money rituals that what the are expecting is below wat they bargained for . even if them pay ten billion it can never be equated with anyone's life

Thank you captain obvious, however this is compensation, obviously human life cannot be quantified, but yet the husband is asking for 500 million to soothe his soul. 3 million for loss of life is an insult.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by planetx: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2017
obailala:
The Nigerian health care system, only God can help us. Taking a look at that injury, there's just no way something like that should kill a person. But only God knows the kind of treatment and care she received.
In a country with good medical facilities that injury shouldn't result in a fatality.

5 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by bendovex: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2017
lanrexdo:
They are negotiating with the insurance company and not airtel. If they have any claim. they will be talking to leadway and not Airtel. I have read it and people keep blaming Airtel after she was rushed to a hospital and then later she was at igbobi and then a surgery was done and later died. do you know what other illness she had before that? she should simply take leadway to court. They are the one paying the claim. That is why you get your business insured.
Very sensible post. The incident is very unfortunate and regrettable, however, the OP showed much bias in the report.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by muzeze77: 11:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Nigeria's medical facilities are zero and it will only get worse when even the president is travelling to UK for treatment. Shame she is not supposed to die of this type of injury

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by AngelicBeing: 11:18am On Aug 02, 2017
successinlife:
Nigeria is a death trap under clueless leaders,if not truck fell on cars,it will be petrol tanker,dangote trailer,electrocution,kidnapping,armed robbery,assassins,the list is endless.Ordinary hurt,common accident & minor sickness takes the lives of the common man.Nigeria is a death trap.
l concur sad
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by JayJayGee: 11:29am On Aug 02, 2017
TarOrfeek:
hmm
If she had less fat adipose tissues, she would have lost less tissue. Less blood and retained the shock well.
This is unfortunate.
Airtel more red blood to your house.
can u explain more or give me a link where i can learn more about blood loss and fat
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2017
Blood of Methuselah ... that milky thing I'm seeing is it maggots or her fat though she get nice breast Rip Mrs chika
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by aby1976(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by obailala(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2017
planetx:
In a country with good medical facilities that injury shouldn't result in a fatality.
Even in a country with bad health care services like Nigeria, that injury seems too minor to be fatal. Only God knows how badly they messed it all up.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by aby1976(m): 11:40am On Aug 02, 2017
holatin:
op, hope u sure sha.

libel charge no be beans oooo

Yes it is true.

The husband is a friend of mine

May her soul Rest in Peace
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 02, 2017
JayJayGee:

can u explain more or give me a link where i can learn more about blood loss and fat

check out Mayo clinic.
blood loss injuries.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by gracevile: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2017
Wolfbrother:

Thank you captain obvious, however this is compensation, obviously human life cannot be quantified, but yet the husband is asking for 500 million to soothe his soul. 3 million for loss of life is an insult.
simply put the husband is a thief and if his soul is not soothe then up to the next level I talk am this is pure rituals
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by claremont(m): 11:48am On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmm...may the soul of this lady rest in peace.

However, the N77 million naira requested is just as ridiculous as the N3 million naira offered. The lawyers of both parties should sit together and negotiate on a reasonable figure using global best practices. It doesn't necessarily have to be monetary, Airtel could offer to sponsor the kids of the dead lady till they graduate from university. Plus, if this case goes to court, Airtel will most likely win. The onus rests on the lawyers to the dead lady to prove that Airtel didn't take all reasonable steps to prevent a breach of duty of care to their customers, the lawyers also have to prove that the injury that led to the death of this lady was foreseeable by Airtel and they wilfully ignored taking steps to address it.

In the UK, a reasonable compensation payment for a fatal accident due to alleged corporate negligence is in the region of £12,000-£50,000 using global standard. N77,000,000~£175,000 is very subject to negotiation, I think the dead lady's lawyers are plucking figures from the air and are trying to milk this unfortunate accident for their own selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by holatin(m): 11:49am On Aug 02, 2017
aby1976:

Yes it is true.
amen then
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:58am On Aug 02, 2017
WOW...RIP!

But what i would say next might not be so popular.

Anyone can die from lacerations, all it takes is for a major artery to be cut and you would be dead in minutes.

But her weight might have contributed to the already faulty tiles to give way. Let's be frank, a less heavy person is unlikely to break the floor.

This is a very strange case and i would definitely pay more attention to my health and lifestyle choices henceforth.

WOW!!!! shocked

3 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by donqx: 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
really
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Bimpe29: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
Oh Lord of mercy!
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by oghenemoney(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Those guys for dt airtel office for surulere na crap dem b o!,customer service zero, politeness zero, infact,e blik sey na favour dem dy do 4 me dt year wen I go dem office concerning them network o(I even call dem customer care line afta d visit 2 complain abt d poor customer service 4 dt surulere branch).ds news weak me,when tins go eva dey beta 4 ds our country!
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by obidevine(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
aby1976:

Yes it is true.

Perfect peace
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Anney272(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
May her soul RIP. Buh damn, why should women b so fat? Her weight could have contributed to d fall. Buh God has a reason for everything. Airtel should b ashamed,they don't have manners in their office.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by 400billionman: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Airtel should be made to pay through their nose for this woman's life.

Nnah, the things wey dey happen in this country is scary...

Most commentators are talking about her weight. The stupidity of our young generation is more scary.

So people with certain weight should not visit certain offices. Anyway, I am not surprised, I am still in Nigeria where most people lack empathy and commonsense.

If this woman were your sister or mother and she died as a result of a fall in Airtel, you will sing a different song.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by smsventures: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
TarOrfeek:
hmm
If she had less fat adipose tissues, she would have lost less tissue. Less blood and retained the shock well.
This is unfortunate.
Airtel more red blood to your house

I support you but I think yours will be next cheesy cheesy
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
smsventures:

I support you but I think yours will be next cheesy cheesy

I cover myself with the bl**d of MTN.
may my enemies always trail Glo 3g
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by ikorodureporta: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmm, looks like a spiritual attack
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Ehinmola(m): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Airtel, by the way what is the #3m for?, is it for burial?. What of the children she left behind? This your #3M is a slap and rather unfortunate.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Adenikeh(f): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
This woman lost her life already and a nairalander is writing "she should sue", they should sue". Please who should do that the traumatized kids? Libel is serious. Really?
Is her painful exit less serious? People sha.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Adenikeh(f): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
This woman lost her life already and a nairalander is writing "she should sue", they should sue". Please who should do that, the traumatized kids? Libel is serious. Really?
Is her painful exit less serious? People sha.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by BumbleBee2ice(f): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
May she R I P embarassed
But how come there is a sinkhole beneath their office and it wasn't detected till it took a life? I'm sure d tiles on dat particular spot must have been giving strange sounds but it was been ignored nd now dis.
Act of negligence claiming lives from time immemorial...
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by CioAngels(f): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
NicestDude:
On the other hand, Do your exercises to avoid excess fat in the body.. Airtel sha
Meaning what?
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Decryptor(m): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
This is why i hate indians. I saw some drinking near my street and wished it was possible to pee into their drinks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jennifer Dan Found Dead With Ripped Stomach In Ikotun Hotel / Twitter User, Segun Drinks Sniper Live On Twitter Over Low Jamb Score (photos) / Ibadan Polytechnic Student Confronts Colleague For Sleeping With Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.