Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) (45120 Views)

Chika Augustin & Godspower Nwachukwu Arrested By EFCC, Wanted By FBI / Chika Odinakachukwu Austin Released In Cambodia / 14-Year-Old Boy Set Ablaze By His Mother In Abia State Has Died (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 5:43am On Aug 03, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
WOW...RIP!

But what i would say next might not be so popular.

Anyone can die from lacerations, all it takes is for a major artery to be cut and you would be dead in minutes.

But her weight might have contributed to the already faulty tiles to give way. Let's be frank, a less heavy person is unlikely to break the floor.

This is a very strange case and i would definitely pay more attention to my health and lifestyle choices henceforth.

WOW!!!! shocked

if i were airtel, i would counter sue the woman for damaging our facility with her overweight frame!
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by prettyposty: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
lanrexdo:
They are negotiating with the insurance company and not airtel. If they have any claim. they will be talking to leadway and not Airtel. I have read it and people keep blaming Airtel after she was rushed to a hospital and then later she was at igbobi and then a surgery was done and later died. do you know what other illness she had before that? she should simply take leadway to court. They are the one paying the claim. That is why you get your business insured.

Wow! This is really hurting to know but i don't see why Leadway should be sued Insurance policies usually have their clear and stated amounts. However, since the case is in the court, let the court handle it accordingly. It makes no sense if we just make assumptions from what we think we know. It is a pity to hear this, really. My condolences go out to the hurting children.

2 Likes

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Krimykwin: 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2017
doctokwus:
It's obvious that the writer wants to use the power of the social media and appeal to public emotions to push through their claims.
The way I see it is this:
The law is on the side of airtel.They took out an insurance on the building and persons that visit it thereof.By whatever premium they subscribed to,the maximum that seems payable is N3m.Fault here to me is on probably the low premium originally subscribed to.
-There were superfluous claims that for "several hours,nothing was done for her.Subdequent part of the write-up rubbished those claims.
-St.Claire was hospital of her choice and airtel footed the bills and again at NOHI.That is not an action of an organization not feeling some responsibility and showing care.
Bear it in mind this was an accident,though it occurred in a company's premises.Many people have used that same facility,probably stood at that same spot without suffering same faith.
What I see here is a legal firm also keen to reap from the unfortunate and tragic death of a woman because they have seen a 'giant' corporate organization is involved.I would be keen to know the agreement that this legal firm signed with the deceased family with regards to the percentage it would get from what they are able to negotiate aside the N3m leadway offered to pay.I am sure they wouldn't disclose it lest they get public lashing.I am also sure that the law firm knows that as sad as it sounds,the law courts may be on the side of airtel as per statutory obligations.
The way forward
:
Let all parties sit at the negotiating table without the law firm being involved.
Let the family cancel whatever contract it signed with the law firm.
Let airtel compensate the family,more as a sympathetic corporate organization,than as a compulsion,aside the statutory N3m the insurance people would pay,by taking up the burial arrangements and sponsorship of the kids up to university level.

I sympathize with the family. People should stop these reputational damage to Airtel and Leadway. The matter is in court for Christ sake. I work with Lagos State High Court and can confirm that the matter is actually in court. We should let the law take its course. Justice would prevail.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Memortal: 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
obidevine:

http://www.deereporters.com/airtel-limited-callously-slaughtered-mrs-chika-etuk-wanted-cover-3million-naira-graphic-photos/

This write up is from a very biased perspective. This incident was a very unfortunate accident that happened to this woman. But, Airtel paid the hospital fees which shows commitment. Let’s start from the fact that Airtel staff have been working in that building and nothing of such has happened to them. No amount of money can soothe the death of a precious soul. Though Leadway’s offer may seem small for the life of a person, let’s allow the court to decide.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by fummypost: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
NeeKlaus:
From your write up, it was an ACCIDENT. Wrong choice of words: "Callously slaughtered".

Although, if it can be proven that they did nothing to help the woman's cause when she sustained the injury on their premises, then AIRTEL can be liable for Negligence.

Choose your words well. Libel is a serious issue, Bruh. undecided

Alex-Etuk family, please accept my condolences. If this were to be in another country, the woman may have survived. Deereporters, this is poor journalism, where did all the investigative journalism in our days go to! When a matter is in court, you leave it there for the court to decide. The court would never take into consideration the public sentiments that is being generated. Destroying the public image of institutions like Leadway & Airtel all in a bid to attract sentiments is below the belt. And is Festus Keyamo not the lawyer in Bola Ige’s case. This is usually his practice. A disgrace to the law profession.

1 Like

Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Heleneeoftroy: 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
obidevine:

http://www.deereporters.com/airtel-limited-callously-slaughtered-mrs-chika-etuk-wanted-cover-3million-naira-graphic-photos/

This is so sad to read. No amount of money is enough to compensate the family for their loss. Only God can comfort them. Instead of apportioning blames, let us pray for the family especially the kids she left behind. Sending good thoughts and prayers to the family
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by Babylawyer2017: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2017
Hmmm, all these kangaroo lawyers wey Nigerians dey worship tire me o. If this matter is truly in court then I see no reason why Keyamo posted the issue on this platform. He should have harnessed his resources and channel it towards litigation to get what he deems reasonable from the court. May be he is too quick to forget that we only have court of law in Nigeria and not court of public opinion.
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by NaijaBlend: 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
lanrexdo:
They are negotiating with the insurance company and not airtel. If they have any claim. they will be talking to leadway and not Airtel. I have read it and people keep blaming Airtel after she was rushed to a hospital and then later she was at igbobi and then a surgery was done and later died. do you know what other illness she had before that? she should simply take leadway to court. They are the one paying the claim. That is why you get your business insured.

I am sure you are not a lawyer because you did not write as one. Did the accident that killed the deceased happen in Leadaway Insurance office? What business has the deceased with Leeadway? No, they family has no business with Leadway!
Re: How Chika Alex-Etuk Was Injured In Airtel Office In Lagos & Died(Graphic Photos) by lanrexdo(m): 12:21am On Aug 05, 2017
Then why do you insure 3rd party? It happened on a protery that was insured by leadway. if you check all the papers back and forth. there business is with the insurance co. that is the use of paying insurance so they don't have to deal with such incident. Have you ever insured anything ever? Well my father was an insurance man till he retired and in insurance you study law always because they are also the law and will know what is deem payable as compensation based on judgement and if you not satisfied. Take them to court. it is a simple stuff and get your claim. leadway are the one paying not airtel.

NaijaBlend:

I am sure you are not a lawyer because you did not write as one. Did the accident that killed the deceased happen in Leadaway Insurance office? What business has the deceased with Leeadway? No, they family has no business with Leadway!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter User, Segun Drinks Sniper Live On Twitter Over Low Jamb Score (photos) / Man Spots Couple He Helped 3 Years Ago Begging On Same Issue / Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.