Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija (10740 Views)

My Husband Prefers Spending All Of His Time With His Friends. / Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust / Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Chacal

I don't mean illegal hussle.

What do you mean by hussle? If it is what I think you mean then you're rare. I have met someone like in london tho.

Nice pic by way.
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

Hustling doesn't have to be illegal.
Its all about being smart . . . bending the laws without breaking it. wink wink wink
Never under-estimate the dudes in London. . . They are SMART!!!
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by almondjoy(f): 10:55pm On Feb 12, 2008
Chacal:

@ Almondjoy,

I am no damaged good. . . . . . I was too young to marry after spending more than 3 years abroad so where does that leave me?
You need to re-assess your postulation before things get out of hand.

@ Debosky,

You have exceeded the expiry date already, mate!
The last time i checked, u went to Canada in 1987. grin grin grin
21 years of damaged good is irrepairable.
Whatchu going to do?

Na lie!  If you are old enough to be on Nairaland--you are old enough to get married!  Nothing to re-evaluate. cheesy

debosky:

do it naija stylee - sworn affidavit showing I left naija in 2007 grin grin

No problem--age does not lie. grin  We have many so called-20's here when you look at them you have to stop them at international airports to get a DNA sample to ascertain how old they truly are.

Not to worry, when your prostates start acting up and the doctors cannot figure out why they are so enlarged as basket balls at 29 years old--you will confess then to get the proper treatment for your age---so our poor doctors here do not keep giving you "pediatric" dosages thinking you are still a teenager. cry  Then get ready to be deported on account of committing visa fraud! cheesy

The law will soon catch up with all of you and you will be featured all over the international airways as the latest Nigerian 419 of anthropological proportions.  I say it is only a matter of time. grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by almondjoy(f): 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

most naija men know how to hussle beta than the uk breed ones. This is from the men I have met. undecided

You are so right.  That is because the "away" bred ones have become complacent and apathetic.  Tired and bogged down by a web of unfortunate circumstances like child support here and child support there. cheesy No need to work now.

But just bring a newbie naija dude over here that has been unemployed for like 10 years in Naija--im go just dey work like jackie!  Anywhere he sees work--he will just jump out of the house without brushing his teeth! grin  By the time it is over, you all have saved enough money to retire comfortably in the Bahamas somewhere.

But these away bred ones?  Lai Lai!  Too lazy roaming around looking for free show and money with earrings for ear and Nike shoes! I pity the girls that will marry ma sons I swear!  Chai!!!---Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! grin Useless akata boys like those! cheesy

R-u-b-b-i-s-h! I say! grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 12:44am On Feb 13, 2008
@ Almondjoy,

You are so WRONG.
Making money is not about running up and down or hustling hard without magnitude n direction.
Only people with BRAINS make money. . . . . . . . least of effort + brain power = loads of money.
A Swede named Eric Wernquist sat by his computer to create the famous CRAZY FROG animations and made millions of pounds from it.
How much hustling was that? Bus conductors in Nigeria shout, run, fight, scream, tussle and they make barely $40 a day.
Spot the difference?
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by almondjoy(f): 3:24am On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Almondjoy,

You are so WRONG.
Making money is not about running up and down or hustling hard without magnitude n direction.
Only people with BRAINS make money. . . . . . . . least of effort + brain power = loads of money.
A Swede named Eric Wernquist sat by his computer to create the famous CRAZY FROG animations and made millions of pounds from it.
How much hustling was that? Bus conductors in Nigeria shout, run, fight, scream, tussle and they make barely $40 a day.
Spot the difference?

I am happy you know all these!  Like 7up--the difference is clear.  But errrrrrrrrrrrrrr?  Name one Nigerian Eric Wernquist?---I rest ma case. kiss  While we are waiting for Mr. Okeke Almondo to turn into "Eric Obiajulu Wernquist" let him shout, run, fight, scream, and tussle to make $20.  I will do the same to add my own $100---so we can make it! cool

Let me remind you that "hustling" has different levels.  Definitely not on this conductor level you used as an example here.  I am talking of highly skilled professionals like doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, computer engeneers, nurses, therapists and so on and so forth.  If you see hard working Nigerians over here--you can only be proud of them and ALL of them were not born and bred here.  The born and breds--forget those abeg! You think about that.

Geddit? wink
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by tRoOE(f): 3:33am On Feb 13, 2008
Nigerians guys abroad are so freaking useless, all they are good at is shopping, clubbing and sex. No plans for the future, act so childish, their mentality of thinking is very low.

They are so full of themselves and brags too much about whom the slept with, like they get pay for that!!!! Stupid Idiots

And you don’t know if his interested in your papers or you.

Thank God for bring such a lovely, smart, good-looking and very understanding man into my life when I least unexpected it, because I can’t imagine myself now looking for a serious guy who is ready to settle down 2yrs from now.

Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 10:43am On Feb 13, 2008
@ Almondjoy,

U seem to be missing something here.
The born and bred here are relaxed because they have got everything going well with them. Most of em became graduates at the age of 20.
Started working on their own by 21 and making good money. There's social security, loans, credit cards and whatever to cushion the effects of hardship.

U cannot compare that to an average Nigerian with a students visa/work permit that came into the country with a Nigerian University degree that is barely recognised. He/she cannot claim any benefits, he probably graduated at the age of 27 in Nigeria so he is a tad more matured than the born n bred contemporaries. Ma point is. . . .If u have got everything, u dont hustle much. This must not be taken as laziness. The born n bred have nuthing to worry about. . . . .they are not thinking about expired visas/accomodation/joblessness. All they have to do is turn up in a job centre and get a job.

@ tRoOE,

What kinda Nigerian guys do u meet? Shopping, clubbing and sex?
Name me any country where people don't club, shop and shag. Nigeria is not an exception. U find these things everywhere.

It's a bit unfair to have generalised that Nigerians abroad are idiots and useless.
Nigerian guys here ain't useless. . . . they are only looking out for themselves.
No one wants to get caught in the plague.
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Chacal

Were you born here?

If you were did your parents take you back naija to live for a while?

Babes I refuse to believe that you were born and breed here and have lived here all your life and you know how to hussle like you're saying.

Am not being pessimistic but . . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

I wasn't born in the UK . . . . .Came in when i was about 9!!!!
In other words, i was a child when i came in and that makes no difference.
Hustling is mainly about brains and not graggz. . . . . . . .

We are all products of our environment. . . . It is what u see people do that u will probably follow as long as they are successful at it.
If one grows up around drug addicts n criminals, he is more likely to follow that path and self-destruct.
However, if one alligns himself with focused young professionals. . . . .There's no way in hell u would derail.
Thats the secret!
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

I wasn't born in the UK . . . . .Came in when i was about 9!!!!
In other words, i was a child when i came in and that makes no difference.
Hustling is mainly about brains and not graggz. . . . . . . .

We are all products of our environment. . . . It is what u see people do that u will probably follow as long as they are successful at it.
If one grows up around drug addicts n criminals, he is more likely to follow that path and self-destruct.
However, if one alligns himself with focused young professionals. . . . .There's no way in hell u would derail.
Thats the secret!

I still think naija blood is coursing thru your veins and is pushing you further grin grin cheesy grin

Dont mind me, I just refuse to believe that you are a product of an undiluted british society.

Its all good tho. I am proud of you, very very proud of you. I just hope that you are true to what you say. You know, . . . anonymity and the online. grin cool
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

People have different opinion about me on this forum.
Some people thunk i wasn't even a Nigerian with the way i cuss when i was using the JACKAL handle.
Others felt i was in Lagos masking as a Brit. Some other twats thunk i reside in the States and reh reh reh.
You also think i could be faking this schitzo. . . . .Just ask around or read previous posts on Chacal/Jackal.
U will be convinced religiously. grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by joshjosh(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2008
Dont mind me, I just refuse to believe that you are a product of an undiluted british society.

word as they say
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

People have different opinion about me on this forum.
Some people thunk i wasn't even a Nigerian with the way i cuss when i was using the JACKAL handle.
Others felt i was in Lagos masking as a Brit. Some other twats thunk i reside in the States and reh reh reh.
You also think i could be faking this schitzo. . . . .Just ask around or read previous posts on Chacal/Jackal.
You will be convinced religiously. grin cheesy

No agro dearie   grin

Did you forget I said am 'very proud of you'.  wink  Thats my opinion of you from what I have read so far. No need to justify.

But From this;

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

and reh reh reh.

never seen this on nairaland.  grin  Southlondon? I won't be surprised.  grin Its so ghetto. am southlondon too so am not dissing you  grin   grin   grin  grin   grin  grin  cool

joshjosh:

word as they say

u feel me. . . . .  cool
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

South London? Ohhhhh ma days. . . . . . .
I won't be caught dead in the south, . . . . Too ghetto, too rough, too violent.
North West is where i rest me head. tongue tongue tongue

So u are from the South?
Heheheheheeh. . . . . . .Brixton, Camberwell or our dear ol' Peckham?
Waking up to see anutha day is a bonus for u guys. . . . .the death rate is at par with New York. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by joshjosh(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2008
South London? Ohhhhh ma days. . . . . . .I won't be caught dead in the south, . . . . Too ghetto, too rough, too violent. North West is where i rest me head. So u are from the South? Heheheheheeh. . . . . . .Brixton, Camberwell or our dear ol' Peckham? Waking up to see anutha day is a bonus for u guys. . . . .the death rate is at par with New York

really? this is snubishness of the highest order. what about the killings in Nw? but for God's grace is anywhere safe these days? i live in NW3 however, i wont say that is safe place. not even buckingham palace is safe these days.
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

South London? Ohhhhh ma days. . . . . . .
I won't be caught dead in the south, . . . . Too ghetto, too rough, too violent.
North West is where i rest me head. tongue tongue tongue

So u are from the South?
Heheheheheeh. . . . . . .Brixton, Camberwell or our dear ol' Peckham?
Waking up to see anutha day is a bonus for u guys. . . . .the death rate is at par with New York. grin grin grin

Pot callin kettle black tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

camberwell, brixton and peckham dont make up southlondon. Am sure you know that. . . dont you grin grin tongue tongue tongue wink

I hear north is where all the racism is rife and you black guys have to make do with the lillies in order to congregate grin grin grin grin cool

joshjosh:

really? this is snubishness of the highest order. what about the killings in Nw? but for God's grace is anywhere safe these days? i live in NW3 however, i wont say that is safe place. not even buckingham palace is safe these days.

My broda I could plant a smacker on you for saying that. . . . . in fact i just will so there. . . . . . . . kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ joshjosh,

So u want to compare DIRTY SOUTH to North West areas? Are u kidding me?
How many teenagers were killed last year in Peckham and all em areas compared to where u stay?
Nowhere is safe in the world but some areas are extremely violent than other areas.
When u hear about stabbings and gun-shot wounds. . . . . your mind drifts to the South,  . . That is how bad. cool cool cool

@ Naja Haje,

Racism in London? I very much doubt that.
London is not Shropshire. grin cheesy The residents here are so used to Black men and can't be bovvered with the colour of your skin.
Inter-racial dating is on the rise here compared to the DIRTY SOUTH.
Lets face it . . . . .South is rough!!!!!!!
I have been told once that it is normal seeing herbalists taking sacrifices to T-junctions in your end.
How true is that? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ joshjosh,
How many teenagers were killed last year in Peckham and all em areas compared to where u stay?
When u hear about stabbings and gun-shot wounds. . . . . your mind drifts to the South, . . That is how bad. cool cool cool

The media makes you do that  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue victim of BBC 10'o clock news and the spawn of Sir Trevor Macdonald  tongue   tongue   tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  grin  cool

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

Racism in London? I very much doubt that.
London is not Shropshire. grin cheesy The residents here are so used to Black men and can't be bovvered with the colour of your skin.

is this the case in your building? or maybe just between you and your next door neighbour??  grin  grin  grin

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,
Inter-racial dating is on the rise here compared to the DIRTY SOUTH.

You just cemented the point I was trying to make earlier so. . . . .  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  grin

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,
Lets face it . . . . .South is rough!!!!!!!
I have been told once that it is normal seeing herbalists taking sacrifices to a T-junction in your end.
How true is that? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This as tru as the last naija movie you just watched.  grin 

I suppose it was easy for you think this up because you've seen it happen in your junction?    shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked

I knew north was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm  ******shakes head******

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

I believe the media plays a major role but North, South, East and West . . . .It is still LONDON.
Blimey . . . . The most notorious city in the whole UK has to be Manchester. . . Cops call it GUNCHESTER.
However, how many times do we hear the schitzo that goes down there?
I agree the media puts London on the map but u gotta admit the South is so horrible.
It's so serious that i wouldn't club or party in the South. . . .  grin grin grin

How can u say the North is bad. We make thangz
The degree of poshness descends from South West in a clock-wise movement and ends in the South. grin grin grin grin
It means the Kesington/Chelsea areas are the poshest followed by Golder's green/Hampstead then to Camden to Tottenham/Arsenal, then to Stratford, Leyton, West Ham and to Woolwich/Thamesmead area then finally Peckham, Brixton. The South is the roughest tongue tongue tongue
I don't mean to be rude. . . . .You gotta admit with me, don't cha?
Ooooooops, i should have said innit?

Talking about Yoruba movies?? We all know the South is where they act em movies.
Every commercial ad in em Yoruba movies have SE postcode. Is that a coincidence?
Babes, y'all southerners are razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by tRoOE(f): 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ tRoOE,

What kind of Nigerian guys do u meet? Shopping, clubbing and sex?
Name me any country where people don't club, shop and shag. Nigeria is not an exception. You find these things everywhere.

It's a bit unfair to have generalised that Nigerians abroad are idiots and useless.
Nigerian guys here ain't useless. . . . they are only looking out for themselves.
No one wants to get caught in the plague.
Who said something about meeting them, omo I have more class than that but its just something I witness daily from this so called Nigerians aboard

Most Nigerians abroad still leaves with their parents, all they have to show is their cars and those called ghettos designers clothing like roca wear and co.

There are limits to clubbing e.t.c especially when you are planning to be responsible man and have a great future for yourself and whom u are getting married to

Most of them work get pay and blast it on shopping, partying, clothing and not think about saving.

Some of them don't even have a saving acct grin grin grin

They live day by day and not think about tomm

Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

How can u say the North is bad. We make thangz
The degree of poshness descends from South West in a clock-wise movement and ends in the South
. grin grin grin grin
It means the Kesington/Chelsea areas are the poshest followed by Golder's green/Hampstead then to Camden to Tottenham/Arsenal, then to Stratford, Leyton, West Ham and to Woolwich/Thamesmead area then finally Peckham, Brixton. The South is the roughest tongue tongue tongue

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . . mr what-do-you-call-yourself? a dont fink sooooooooooo

Last I checked woolwich and thamesmead were right in with the southlondon post code grin grin grin grin your geography sucking babes? ? embarassed tongue tongue tongue tongue lol! grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

Talking about Yoruba movies?? We all know the South is where they act em movies.
Every commercial ad in em Yoruba movies have SE postcode. Is that a coincidence?
Babes, y'all southerners are razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

erm. . . . . . . where in south london? cos a ain't seen none of 'em grin

Talking from remembrance. . . . . . except 'poshness' won't allow you to believe it actually North?tongue tongue grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2008
tRoOE:

Who said something about meeting them, omo I have more class than that but its just something I witness daily from this so called Nigerians aboard

Most Nigerians abroad still leaves with their parents, all they have to show is their cars and those called ghettos designers clothing like roca wear and co.

There are limits to clubbing e.t.c especially when you are planning to be responsible man and have a great future for yourself and whom u are getting married to

Most of them work get pay and blast it on shopping, partying, clothing and not think about saving.

Some of them don't even have a saving acct grin grin grin

They live day by day and not think about tomm

I think u need to define what ABROAD means in this context? Do u mean in the USA or the UK or both?
Nigerian men abroad staying with their parents?  Most Nigerians i know around me left their parents in Nigeria.
The ghetto gear grossly depends on the age group of the dudes u know . . . Roc-a-wear gear on Nigerian men? I think not!!!!!

Nigerians abroad live without thinking about tomorrow, club, party and shop?
How is that different to Nigerians in Lagos? How many of em even have a current account, let alone savings account.
Most people i know in the UK stay alone in their rented apartments or house-owners. . . They are highly responsible.

There's nuthing wrong in clubbing every friday to UNWIND after a stressful week.
The main point is setting one's priorities right. . . . Once u pay ur bills, put some money aside for em rainy days then one can club/party.
Life is too short to deny meself some luxuries.
Nigerians abroad should not be crucified . . .  . They are only living their lives the way one should.

@ Naja Haje,

Ma geography does not suck.
All i am saying is if u look at the map. . . .the degree of poshness starts from SW London in a clock-wise motion to the SE.
In ma own opinion, Woolwich/Thamesmead area is still better than Peckham/Brixton. Even a kid of 5 knows that.

U asking me where in South London they make em movies? How do i know?
I dont stay in the South but the stereotype of the peops i see in em movies reeks of South. tongue tongue tongue
99.9% of Naija movies made in London are shot in the South. . . . Just look at the shops and see the postcodes. . . all u see is SE.
This is why its called DIRTY SOUTH . . . . U dont hear Dirty North. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

You asking me where in South London they make em movies?

I neva asked . . . . . I told you!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

I don't stay in the South but the stereotype of the peops i see in em movies reeks of South. tongue tongue tongue

last time I cheked . . . . . the word 'steroetype' was a media generated word. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

99.9% of Naija movies made in London are shot in the South. . . . [b]Just look at the shops and see the postcodes. . . all u see is SE.[/b]This is why its called DIRTY SOUTH . . . . You don't hear Dirty North. cheesy cheesy grin

well you know baby boy. . . . . am just to posh to watch dem kinda movies. grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

You are dragging me off-topic. grin grin grin
I don't have a problem with you defending your postcode like em Nazis died defending the walls of Berlin . . . Keep it up!!!!
All i know is the guys residing in the South are sometimes ashamed to tell peops where they live.
Why is it so hard for u to realise South London is the Mushin/Ajegunle of London. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by tRoOE(f): 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

I think u need to define what ABROAD means in this context? Do u mean in the USA or the UK or both?

Both USA and UK

Nigerian men abroad staying with their parents?  

Yes oh, majority still lives with parents or other family members.

Most Nigerians i know around me left their parents in Nigeria.

Well that's because they’re going for study abroad, and they usually live on campus housing and pay one time fee and no utilities bills

The ghetto gear grossly depends on the age group of the dudes u know . . . Roc-a-wear gear on Nigerian men? I think not!!!!!

Am talking about guys ranging from 21-27.
Yes Roca wear on Nigerian men, the ones back home are the ones that wear lactose, Hackett, true religion, evius e.t.c, give they props for dressing sef

Nigerians abroad live without thinking about tomorrow, club, party and shop?
How is that different to Nigerians in Lagos? How many of em even have a current account, let alone savings account.
The people abroad have more opportunities and advantages than Nigerians back home.

They might not have a saving Acct but they usually buy shares and stocks unlike the one abroad that doesn't think about things like that.

How are they suppose to have checking if they got no jobs even with all the degrees they have, and the unemployment rate is pretty high back home

Most people i know in the UK stay alone in their rented apartments or house-owners. . . They are highly responsible.

Come on who are you deceiving, just because I don't leave in UK doesn't mean I don't know what’s going on there, UK is a very expensive place to leave, so tell me how  is it possible for a student to rent an apartments talk less of owing a house/crib withoutout his/her parents assist.
Just because you are able to get your own place doesn't mean it easy for everyone else, am sure your parents helped you to where you are today, and let not forget "These fingers are not equal"

There's nuthing wrong in clubbing every friday to UNWIND after a stressful week.

There is more to life than clubbing every weekend, life is to precious for that. Don't get me wrong, am not saying you shouldn't go clubbing and all that, but it shouldn't be a frequent thing.

The main point is setting one's priorities right. . . . Once u pay your bills, put some money aside for em rainy days then one can club/party.
Life is too short to deny meself some luxuries.

And what will the priority be.[/font]

Nigerians abroad should not be crucified . . .  . They are only living their lives the way one should
[font=Garamond]LOL If you say so
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

You are dragging me off-topic. grin grin grin
I don't have a problem with you defending your postcode like em Nazis died defending the walls of Berlin . . . Keep it up!!!!
All i know is the guys residing in the South are sometimes ashamed to tell peops where they live.
Why is it so hard for u to realise South London is the Mushin/Ajegunle of London. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

now listen good. . . . . . . baby boy. . . . . . I ain't defending nada. There is no need for me to defend Southlondon as your definitions are so stereotypical they'll make a journalist blush red fire. grin grin grin cool

The guys you know residing in South are the ones you're using to generalise South? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Just admit it. . . . . . . South London rules. Ghetto with style. North London------ boring and lifeless. grin grin grin grin

Your people make pilgrimages to our spots and clubs for a funky good time.

what topic was i dragging you from by the way? grin grin grin grin embarassed embarassed embarassed grin grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2008
@tRroOE,

I think u mix with the wrong peops.

Nigerian men in the UK wearing Roc-a-wear? I am yet to see any of ma homeboys dressed up like a junkie.
Where about in the UK have u been? I hope it's not Naja Haje's area of South London because then we cannot have a fair debate.
Its like using Mushin to generalise Nigerian men.

Students can work in the UK, isn't it? So the issue of money does not come into play.
We all know London is expensive but then 2 bedroom houses for a couple cannot be too expensive for anyone.
Fingers are not equal has really punctured your bloated theories . . If fingers aint equal then u shouldn't generalise that men abroad are irresponsible.

There's nuthing wrong with a full blooded young man clubbing to cool off after a hectic week.
Blimey . . . . It's ma money. . . .I have the right to spend whatever way i like as long as other bills have been paid.
Priorities differ from person to person. . .this is why UK can be so deceptive.
My priority is different from the next man. tongue

Never judge a dude by his crib/cars/phone.  A lot of the guys u think are poor are often rich with their fortunes in Nigeria.
A lotta people use the bus/train and have more than 10 exotic cars and houses in Lagos.
Most City executives don't drive . . . .does that mean they cannot afford it?
There's more u need to learn . . . . Things aint always what it seems.

@ Naja Haje,

South London rules? Of course, It does. I never disputed that.
It rules when drugs, guns, knives, violence, thuggery and gangs are involved.
Blimey . . . .It also rules when a quick shag is required so it is normal to see dudes from other parts taking the trip down South.

Is it not true that u have the most lascivious women in the Northern Hemisphere?
Bloody Hell . . . South London is the reason why men/women go back to Nigeria to find a spouse.
Their shag history is so thick it can sink the TITANIC. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2008
Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

South London rules? Of course, It does. I never disputed that.
It rules when drugs, guns, knives, violence, thuggery and gangs are involved.

lmfao. . . . . that was really funny grin grin grin grin

Chacal:

@ Naja Haje,

Blimey . . . .It also rules when a quick shag is required so it is normal to see dudes from other parts taking the trip down South.

Dont kid yourself Mr Koko-intellect. . . . .  guys will follow their souther antenae where ever it leads.

The problem here:   with all the blood that is been drained from their brains they are not usually sure where exactly they're headed.  grin  grin grin grin should i say this is the case for you? shocked shocked shocked  grin grin grin grin

Chacal:

Is it not true that u have the most lascivious women in the Northern Hemisphere?
Bloody Hell . . . South London is the reason why men/women go back to Nigeria to find a spouse.
Their shag history is so thick it can sink the TITANIC. grin grin grin grin

eeeerrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm. . . . . . . . .  Mr Geography. . . . . . .  those are the chics in  Essex.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by Chacal: 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Naja Haje,

Skip the personal attacks.

Nigerian men will definitely seek the cheaper options. . . . This is why guys go down South.
A full-blooded young Nigerian will head South where cheap Nigerian gals can be taken.
Essex chics are mostly white girls(they are not the bone of contention here). grin grin grin grin

Dont get me wrong. . . . Most men will go to Nigeria to find a wife than marry a South London gal.
I have seen too much, i have heard so much. . . . . . . . .
For instance, there's a popular saying that THERE'S NO DECENT THAMESMEAD GIRL.
I am sure u must have heard of that before. grin grin grin grin Dont be offended if u stay in Thamesmead. tongue
Re: Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija by tRoOE(f): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2008
what gave you the impression i hang around Nigerians.

Never judge a dude by his crib/cars/phone.  A lot of the guys u think are poor are often rich with their fortunes in Nigeria.
A lotta people use the bus/train and have more than 10 exotic cars and houses in Lagos.
Most City executives don't drive . . . .does that mean they cannot afford it?
There's more u need to learn . . . . Things aint always what it seems

Off course i know that, but that isn't their money. All those material things you mentioned aren’t theirs.

Their parents worked and sweats to be were they at today, now is their (Nigerian guys) own time to do the same.

The funny thing is that, you are making it seem like I said Nigerian guys abroad are poor, I know majority of them came from  a wealthy homes, but what am trying to say is just because their parents are rich doesn't automatically mean they’re (Nigerian guys) rich

na wa ooo see how you twisted my words, just becos i stated "Fingers are not equal" doesn't mean they should work hard if they want to accomplish something meaningful in life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / What Is The Best Brand Of Freezer To Buy In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.