Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra (2499 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In California, Pushes For Biafra Referendum And Recognition / Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Etogist: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Donald3d:

You can have a good conversation without being abusive oga.Calm your nerves

There is nothing to discuss here. Each time I wake up and realise I'm still in Nigeria, I become very upset. And here you're writing glib about Biafra and you expect me to calm my nerves. You better stop waisting your time because Biafra is a done deal.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
walemoney007:
A lot of Nigerians from the north and south are tired of this useless hell hole,as for me am tired of living with ebos and you guys from the south south,we need a total dissolution of Nigeria
Do you have a plan ?
What is your plan when dissolution occurs ,if you are the leader of your section ?
We are jumping before thinking ,anyone is free to have what they want.
The question is what happens after,that is one question most "e-warriors" are not asking themselves.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
Etogist:

There is nothing to discuss here. Each time I wake up and realise I'm still in Nigeria, I become very upset. And here you're writing glib about Biafra and you expect me to calm my nerves. You better stop waisting your time because Biafra is a done deal.
Ok indulge me
Who would rule you ?.
Is it the same igbo people rulling Nigeria .
Would their ideologies and greed just suddenly change because its a new country ?
What about you,what are you willing to positively contribute to the new Biafra
What mistakes did Nigeria make , and what steps is Biafra taking to make sure they don't make such mistakes.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by nawtyme: 11:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Donald3d:

This is the only brilliant question,by anyone so far
All this questions has already being answered in my post,but I would repeat :
We need to REALLY stand up to this people,and use the most powerful tool right now at our disposal (the internet).
Look at the way Saraki started fidgeting recently due to social media pressure.
By the way hope you know ,if Biafra gets their country you would be ruled by Igbo leaders that are currently leading Nigeria in various positions ,so what makes it different.Pouring old wine in a new wine container would only contaminate it.
I hope you get my point.
These men are hiding under the irregularities enmeshed in Nigeria to carry out their evil plans.
For example since the resurgence of the Biafran issue, have you seen how state governors of the east are carefully about making nonchalant utterance and those who made swallowed it. That is what it should be when we pursue a common course in unity. If it were to be involving the nation as a whole, some people would be swayed by religion, tribalism, culture, money. And we would be fragmented. If we were united as a nation nation and Buhari made that 5% and 97% speech he would have received a unanimous backlash that he would apologize or even be removed. But in this case, nothing happened and he even went ahead to put it into action.

1 Like

Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
nawtyme:

Of course you are right about the pig issue. I am not a 100 percent fan of his methods. But one thing is sure, we can't move forward as a united nation. Based on what you wrote up there, my question remains. What do you want us as Igbos to try?
The president came out openly to grade us as 5 percent that should not expect what the 97 percent should get and went about to implement it. What would you have us do?
Travel out of Nigeria if you have not and see how backward we are as a nation.
Is it not better we develop at our own pace?
No one wants war. Take it or leave it, in war all sides will suffer casualties. But you cannot hold me down because you don't want to grow when I want to grow.
My oga , this is my point exactly
Anyone is free to fight for freedom,because everyone deserves it.
Mandela did and they are happy now .
His intentions were genuine , his approach was systematic,well planned and he had a destination ,a goal !
He built on a good foundation.
Nnamdi is the opposite ,he has good intentions ,but his approach,reasons,countenance is all wrong,he is working semi-haphazardly .
He is building on hatred.
And this foundation can't stand .

Its not about what the Igbos can do or try ,its what we should all do and try .
It starts from little efforts,right from the home and the most basic and functional units of the society(family).
Then we build our way up.
I would say again , we are underestimating the power of the internet

Regarding what the President said,
All those politicians are all the same , the ones from the North,SS,SE,E,W etc.They are all the same !.
They are after their own pockets .

Another thing is this "my brother" issue .
Personally now , would you employ an Igbo man into your organisation who is about average ,or would you rather employ someone from somewhere else eg(North) who is more than qualified and has good track record.
"My brother","Our brother " is what got us here .
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by walemoney007(m): 12:13am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

Do you have a plan ?
What is your plan when dissolution occurs ,if you are the leader of your section ?
We are jumping before thinking ,anyone is free to have what they want.
The question is what happens after,that is one question most "e-warriors" are not asking themselves.
we Yoruba's already have everything plan out,be worried about your Edo state guy.
Yoruba's don't need the north,south south or south east
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 12:43am On Aug 03, 2017
walemoney007:
we Yoruba's already have everything plan out,be worried about your Edo state guy.
Yoruba's don't need the north,south south or south east
Really,Ok
When you say "we",I am wondering who the "we" are .
You all(across all tribes),sit back while a few people inspired by greed, nonchalance decide your future.
I can bet you probably don't even know who the local government chairman ,of your village LGA is,yet you feel all is well and the so called people clamoring for Oduduwa have it all figured out.
Hmm !

1 Like

Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by DerideGull(m): 12:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Etogist:
So, Op what exactly do you want biafrans to do?
With your detribalized mind and "turned neutral part of the brain" you really want us to be living like slaves forever in the name of one Nigeria, abi?
OK, accepted but on the conditions below. Let federal government do the following:

1. Close down Lagos ports and open up PH, Calabar,
Onitsha and Warri ports.

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to
Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights
will be allowed. While this is being done, open up
Enugu, Calabar, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to
move their embassies and consulates from Lagos,
Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and
Abujashall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar
and Enugu.

5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja,
shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar
and Enugu.

6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to
PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.

7. Let the northern children gain admission into
federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .

8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should
be handled by one local companies and the one in the
SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign
construction companies.

If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for
50years , we can try one Nigeria with a promise of changed mind set and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month. Meaning that Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas
shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same
with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping
and importing their goods, etc etc.
Otherwise Op, you should shut your fucking mount and stop writing trash about Biafra.

These are the reasons the deceitful stiffs go into tailspin the moment they hear anything Biafra. Even if in my death, I shall fight for Biafra.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 1:09am On Aug 03, 2017
DerideGull:

These are the reasons the deceitful stiffs go into tailspin the moment they hear anything Biafra. Even if in my death, I shall fight for Biafra.
Don't you think he sounds like a terrorist ? "Close down Lagos ports and open up PH, Calabar,
Onitsha and Warri ports"
He is asking for certain things to be withdrawn or halted in some states and started in others .
Can't you have development in more than one place ,it doesn't make sense .
He is trying to do unto others , what he is complaining is being done to him.
Its like saying saying you should stop giving one of your children money,and giving his sibling ,just because the first started receiving first.Knowing fully well you can afford to give both.
Wow !
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

You can have a good conversation without being abusive oga.Calm your nerves

The supposed abuse was just in the last two lines. You focussed on the negative and ignored all the points raised above.

Answer the question.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 1:23am On Aug 03, 2017
gbosaa:

The supposed abuse was just in the last two lines. You focussed on the negative and ignored all the points raised above.

Answer the question.
Donald3d:

Don't you think he sounds like a terrorist ? "Close down Lagos ports and open up PH, Calabar,
Onitsha and Warri ports"
He is asking for certain things to be withdrawn or halted in some states and started in others .
Can't you have development in more than one place ,it doesn't make sense .
He is trying to do unto others , what he is complaining is being done to him.
Its like saying saying you should stop giving one of your children money,and giving his sibling ,just because the first started receiving first.Knowing fully well you can afford to give both.
Wow !
Thats your answer
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

Thats your answer

I believe the original post was being sarcastic. He wanted to draw your attention to the plight of some people. He wanted to make you see things from the eyes of those being hurt.

Maybe you would've understood his post better if he had rephrased it. He didn't meant for those things to be closed down and restarted in the South East. He wanted to make see things from the eyes of those shouting secession. Until you are forced to wear their shoes and feel the pinch exactly where and how they feel it, you'll continue to treat this issue with a biased mind.

Not every Igbo man supports the way the method being used by Kanu but I can assure you that he wins converts everyday.

Someone raised the issue of perennial religious riots and killings in the North...the answer you gave and responses which we see here most times are: Are Igbos the only ethnic group being killed?? !!.

Fulani herdsmen is trending everyday. Has it being tackled?? No. Instead you hear of more stories of their impunity everywhere from infesting and littering the highways of Abuja with cow dungs, messing up green areas, dangerous effects on road traffuc, schools and classroom invasion subjecting students to dangers. I don't want to bring in the effects on farmlands and the violence that follows.

A responsible government and sane country would've dealt with these ages ago. Of course I'm sure that if Igbos complain, patriotic Nigerians like you would ask: @Are Igbos the only ethnic group whose farmlands are being destroyed, whose women are raped and whom have been ambushed by violent herdsmen.

Lets imagine another group of people/ethnic group invading farmlands in the north with the accompanying violence.

I don't support the method but I think that 'enough is enough'.

1 Like

Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 1:54am On Aug 03, 2017
gbosaa:

I believe the original post was being sarcastic. He wanted to draw your attention to the plight of some people. He wanted to make you see things from the eyes of those being hurt.

Maybe you would've understood his post better if he had rephrased it. He didn't meant for those things to be closed down and restarted in the South East. He wanted to make see things from the eyes of those shouting secession. Until you are forced to wear their shoes and feel the pinch exactly where and how they feel it, you'll continue to treat this issue with a biased mind.

Not every Igbo man supports the way the method being used by Kanu but I can assure you that he wins converts everyday.

Someone raised the issue of perennial religious riots and killings in the North...the answer you gave and responses which we see here most times are: Are Igbos the only ethnic group being killed?? !!.

Fulani herdsmen is trending everyday. Has it being tackled?? No. Instead you hear of more stories of their impunity everywhere from infesting and littering the highways of Abuja with cow dungs, messing up green areas, dangerous effects on road traffuc, schools and classroom invasion subjecting students to dangers. I don't want to bring in the effects on farmlands and the violence that follows.

A responsible government and sane country would've dealt with these ages ago. Of course I'm sure that if Igbos complain, patriotic Nigerians like you would ask: @Are Igbos the only ethnic group whose farmlands are being destroyed, whose women are raped and whom have been ambushed by violent herdsmen.

Lets imagine another group of people/ethnic group invading farmlands in the north with the accompanying violence.

I don't support the method but I think that 'enough is enough'.
I totally agree that enough is enough .
But don't you think Kanu is making the same mistakes the founding fathers of Nigeria made ?
He is creating the wrong foundation,he is building on hatred,its going to be Nigeria 2.0 . cry
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by obiech(m): 2:08am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:
Before you start reading this ,I want you to turn on the "neutral part " of your brain.

I want you to see yourself as a human being first ,forget what country you are from,forget your skin color,forget your tribe, whether WA,ZO or BIA .Forget everything !, for the next few minutes of reading this,you are a mere human,no name , nothing.
Since we have cleared that out of the way ,lets get started !.

INTRO

I love Nigeria,I love the Yorubas,I love Igbo people,their language ,everything about them.O I love the Hausas and how nice and transparent they can be.This is no way meant to be condescending .....

My Omalicha kiss kiss is Igbo(Anambra) ,her mom loves me ,her father detests me.

The first day I met him,he loved me, he couldnt stop talking about me for weeks and how much of a perfect and smart-young gentleman I am, the moment she told him some weeks later or so that I am from Edo state, his countenance changed. I had to stop going there because ,she stopped me from coming for fear of what her father might do.It gives rise to a salient question -did i stop being good because of where I come from ,what happened to all the good attributes you saw in me ? .

According to her ,he fought in the Biafra war .Not only Edos,he detests Yorubas(he believes we are all the same),funny enough Calabar people are included in the hate list grin.Anybody who is not Igbo is an alien to him.

The other day I entered keke,one Yoruba keke driver , was talking to my driver(Igbo) and we the occupants "This boy na,omo nna oo,na igbo boy o,....blablablabla",even though he said it jokingly deep down I could feel that hatred in the Yoruba guys voice.

All these are not forged stories,they have happened to me .I have experienced countless others

Moving closer towards the subject matter :

I was not born during the Biafra era,as I am quite young ,and you can say my knowledge about all that transpired is quite limited ,as all I know was read and not seen.But I am a very observant person and I have studied Yoruba people and Igbo people very very closely .

And here is what I think- all this hate and all this bitterness have been accumulated ,stored and nutured in our minds by our parents who lived in that era .We have been brainwashed and psychologically caged into thinking that the tribe a person comes from is a SOLE determinant of who he is .My father almost did this to me , but I had to break free from it "stop playing with those Yoruba children,if i see you with them I would flog you".Imagine how many more had fathers and mothers who were like this and weren't lucky like I am to have freed themselves from this mental slavery.

I have met and dealt with shitty Yoruba people,I have also met sweet ones that can almost lay down their lives for you.I have met irritating Igbo people,I have also met angels among them , that can feed your entire family if need be,just to see that no one suffers .

Having said all these, I have deduced and I AM SURE,that people would be what they want to be ,and people are who they are !!,not because of where they come from.They are shitty because they are just that way -shitty,or they are that way because they have been programmed to be that way.

Bottom line -Our parents are to blame ,our grandfathers are to blame.

Now concerning the Biafra issue,as much as I have seen ,heard and experienced .This is another case of psychological manipulation.The point is ,is it for good or is it for bad ?.

I can comfortably defend the Biafra agitators that SOME of their concerns are indeed worth fighting for .

But is this the solution ?

Here are some questions you should ask yourself ,forget about what Nnamdi Kanu or any other leader has said ,think about just your view when asking yourself these questions :

1.Do I want Biafra because its the right thing to do,or just because I hate Yorubas and Hausas
2.Do I want it because the government is treating us badly
3.How would this affect my children and generations to come
4.Are we really taking the best approach to this,have we explored and RUN OUT of all options ?
5.What if another war breaks out ,would I be happy to see other humans ,who have offended me in no way die ?
6.If we really break off, is there a structure on ground to make things work better than the former country I was part of ?.
7.Would the present leaders who are leading us in this struggle turn against us and just repeat the mistakes of Nigerian leaders all over again out of greed and thirst for power.
8.How accountable are our prospective leaders ready to be.How ready are they to do what is right and stand for the common man after achieving our aim.
9.Even though we have many business men and tycoons ,and natural resources at our disposal,can we really survive without Nigeria ?.
10.Even if we can survive without Nigeria,what if Nigeria actually needs us.
11.What is my major motivation,is it freedom,is it equity,is it justice,is it hatred,or is just because many people want it so I want it too ?
12.Do I really understand what Biafra is ,what its aim and core belief is ? .
13.Is my approach to all these just as a result of what was instilled in me while growing up.
14.Do i see anything positive in other tribes ? .

I could go on and on.
I believe one thing,for us to achieve true progress,for us to have our leaders accountable ,for us to make sure no particular tribe gets pushed to the curbs,for us to make sure an average Nigerian or even the poorest can have access to the basic things of life that he deserves,for children to stop dying of common Malaria cry ,for us to have all our desires,we need to work together !.

We first need to change how we see each other,see everyone as a human first,see what they are and what they can offer,see the good side of them,before seeing their wrong or their tribe.

Each tribe in Nigeria has something they are better at,none is better at all things.

Most importantly we have to start speaking up,we have to start sticking together and make our leaders accountable for every penny spent,every word spoken .

We have the most powerful tool at our disposal-the Internet ,but instead of us using it to reinforce our bond , we are using it to tear each other apart.

Its like a double edged sword,we have used one side waaayy too much to stab ourselves,its time to turn it and use it against the people who are really causing us pain,and hold them to ransom-the government.

You call this country a zoo,ooooooohh ! trust me, the animals in a zoo are much more powerful than the zoo keepers if and only if they decide,that they want to be FREE and FREE indeed.But this can only happen if they work together.Working as a single unit they would just be gunned down.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless Igbo land
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Hausa land.
And God bless you all.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

Lets change people mindset !

1......naaa its because of neither of them......certainly 1 restructured Nigeria is better but when some people can't just think well ........and I certainly don't hate Hausa or Yoruba
2......yup yea
3...... Positively.......if it is achieved sha.....if it is not then we are all doomed......Nigeria those not have a future
4.......yeah na.....thank God for the senate atleast we can both agree on this
5.......why do you think war would break out.......because when last I checked there was no group agitating for war only refendrum.....only if you don't know the difference referendum and war
6.......who gives a shii about them........when we offered them restructuring and they refused did they care about how the present structure was affecting us
7.......which present leader .......what is the whole point of this revolution and shii.........is it not meant too be against they so called present leaders that have been using us.
9........don't really know but base on statistics yes sha..... And it atleast *WE DIE A FREEMAN*--Pompeii......it is better 2 die fighting than die a slave--spartacus
10.......then they should accept restructuring or fuvk off
11.......nope.....actually none self......... Because we can't develop too our full capability in this present structure and a little because of inequality sha
12.......yup......most importantly true federalism and resource control sha
13........naaa atall..... My father never told me anything bad about Hausa people......I found out myself .......I grew up I'm abuja .....when you go out too buy something and you see that Hausa people are mostly shoe makers and own very small shops while all the big shops are owned buy Igbo you would certainly start too suspect something ......when I was growing up self I always thought all Hausa's where very dirty and poor people self.....I never knew they were very rich ones
14........yup....Hausa's don't like cheating people
Yoruba's are usually very intelligent
Igbo's are cool cool cool
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

But don't you think Kanu is making the same mistakes the founding fathers of Nigeria made ?
He is creating the wrong foundation,he is building on hatred,its going to be Nigeria 2.0 . cry

Let's forget Kanu for now and focus on what the government is doing to answer those questions raised.

I have a friend who work at a container port in Felixstowe, UK. They call it the port of Great Britain. There are various sea ports apart from that in the uk. UK has a population of under 70 million people. Nigeria is chasing 200 million. Lagos is the only functional and main sea port serving the whole country !

How many international airports? Two main: Abuja and Lagos!!. Before you shout PH and Enugu etc, it will take approx 6hrs or 6hrs 30 mins to arrive Abuja or Lagos via BA or Virgin airlines from Heathrow or Gatwick, UK. Ethiopia airline will take you to Enugu but be prepared to spend up to 24 hours making the trip.

I want to shout zoo and rant like Kanu but I don't want to wake people.

Atrocities police and army commit in places like Onitsha, Aba, Owerri and Umuahia, they wouldn't try anywhere in the north.

Nigeria is sick. Very very sick.

1 Like

Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by enemybulldozer(m): 2:15am On Aug 03, 2017
attackgat:
History

1945 Jos Riots:- Hundreds of Igbos killed

1953 Kano massacre:- Hundreds of Igbo massacred

July 1966:- Over 300 Igbo officers of the Nigerian Army murdered

1966:- Over 50,000 Igbos, men, women and children massacred all over the North

1967-70:- Over 3 million souls lost in the civil war in the name of 'one Nigeria'

Other situations where Igbos have been killed are:

Kano 1980
Maiduguri 1982
Jimeta 1984
Gombe 1985
Zaria 1987
Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
Bauchi & Katsina 1991
Kano 1991
Zangon-Kataf 1992
Funtua 1993
Kano 1994
Kaduna 2000
Kaduna 2001
Maiduguri 2001
Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
Kaduna 2002
Jos-November 2008
Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
Jos Christmas Eve 2010
Madalla Christmas day 2011
Mubi January 6 2012

This is the cost of "One Nigeria"

So how can anyone or any Igbo man want Biafra after reading about the 'rich' cultural and united history of Nigeria above?
That's a very good one
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by obiech(m): 2:21am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

He is building on hatred of Hausa......they won't be part of the country so who cares about them .....and atleast it would keep us united (we would have a common enemy)
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 2:33am On Aug 03, 2017
gbosaa:

Let's forget Kanu for now and focus on what the government is doing to answer those questions raised.

I have a friend who work at a container port in Felixstowe, UK. They call it the port of Great Britain. There are various sea ports apart from that in the uk. UK has a population of under 70 million people. Nigeria is chasing 200 million. Lagos is the only functional and main sea port serving the whole country !

How many international airports? Two main: Abuja and Lagos!!. Before you shout PH and Enugu etc, it will take approx 6hrs or 6hrs 30 mins to arrive Abuja or Lagos via BA or Virgin airlines from Heathrow or Gatwick, UK. Ethiopia airline will take you to Enugu but be prepared to spend up to 24 hours making the trip.

I want to shout zoo and rant like Kanu but I don't want to wake people.

Atrocities police and army commit in places like Onitsha, Aba, Owerri and Umuahia, they wouldn't try anywhere in the north.

Nigeria is sick. Very very sick.
Nigeria is indeed sick,and its because we let it get to this point .
Concerning the army and police , their own is on another level,and when such atrocities are committed ,who sends them ?-The same government and god fathers

Who are these people in the army and police ? ,are they not Nigerians too,once you slip something into their pockets they care less about anyone(This is where ,the issue of peoples mindset comes in again,humans first before any other thing)

We handed over too much power to these people who got power drunk.
We focused less on resources that really matter and paid too much attention to oil(not that it doesnt matter).
Nigeria freaking has almost all resources(natural and manpower) to build a freaking electric car from ground up !
Right now the quickest way to solve the problem of Nigeria is :

Using the ONLY tool that can have maximum effect over a short period of time -The internet-to torment their lives and families.
Force them to cut down their Goliath salaries by 80% (what one persons receives every month can feed an average family for years).
Make them focus on these areas,Roads,Electricity,Cheaper Telecom services(call and data),New ports (as you said),Health,Agriculture and Education.
I am a programmer and a startup founder(in progress) ,I am constantly crippled by lack of electricity,Imagine spending almost 40 k on fuel every month,and it has also chopped funds that should go into the start up that would solve a major problem in Nigeria,how do they expect the economy to work,when so many bright minds and ideas are buried everyday ! ?

If all these are done , watch Nigeria take care of itself,watch it sprout in less than 10 years.
We have all we need ,greed got us here.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Lloydfolarin: 2:50am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:
Before you start reading this ,I want you to turn on the "neutral part " of your brain.

I want you to see yourself as a human being first ,forget what country you are from,forget your skin color,forget your tribe, whether WA,ZO or BIA .Forget everything !, for the next few minutes of reading this,you are a mere human,no name , nothing.
Since we have cleared that out of the way ,lets get started !.

INTRO

I love Nigeria,I love the Yorubas,I love Igbo people,their language ,everything about them.O I love the Hausas and how nice and transparent they can be.This is no way meant to be condescending .....

My Omalicha kiss kiss is Igbo(Anambra) ,her mom loves me ,her father detests me.

The first day I met him,he loved me, he couldnt stop talking about me for weeks and how much of a perfect and smart-young gentleman I am, the moment she told him some weeks later or so that I am from Edo state, his countenance changed. I had to stop going there because ,she stopped me from coming for fear of what her father might do.It gives rise to a salient question -did i stop being good because of where I come from ,what happened to all the good attributes you saw in me ? .

According to her ,he fought in the Biafra war .Not only Edos,he detests Yorubas(he believes we are all the same),funny enough Calabar people are included in the hate list grin.Anybody who is not Igbo is an alien to him.

The other day I entered keke,one Yoruba keke driver , was talking to my driver(Igbo) and we the occupants "This boy na,omo nna oo,na igbo boy o,....blablablabla",even though he said it jokingly deep down I could feel that hatred in the Yoruba guys voice.

All these are not forged stories,they have happened to me .I have experienced countless others

Moving closer towards the subject matter :

I was not born during the Biafra era,as I am quite young ,and you can say my knowledge about all that transpired is quite limited ,as all I know was read and not seen.But I am a very observant person and I have studied Yoruba people and Igbo people very very closely .

And here is what I think- all this hate and all this bitterness have been accumulated ,stored and nutured in our minds by our parents who lived in that era .We have been brainwashed and psychologically caged into thinking that the tribe a person comes from is a SOLE determinant of who he is .My father almost did this to me , but I had to break free from it "stop playing with those Yoruba children,if i see you with them I would flog you".Imagine how many more had fathers and mothers who were like this and weren't lucky like I am to have freed themselves from this mental slavery.

I have met and dealt with shitty Yoruba people,I have also met sweet ones that can almost lay down their lives for you.I have met irritating Igbo people,I have also met angels among them , that can feed your entire family if need be,just to see that no one suffers .

Having said all these, I have deduced and I AM SURE,that people would be what they want to be ,and people are who they are !!,not because of where they come from.They are shitty because they are just that way -shitty,or they are that way because they have been programmed to be that way.

Bottom line -Our parents are to blame ,our grandfathers are to blame.

Now concerning the Biafra issue,as much as I have seen ,heard and experienced .This is another case of psychological manipulation.The point is ,is it for good or is it for bad ?.

I can comfortably defend the Biafra agitators that SOME of their concerns are indeed worth fighting for .

But is this the solution ?

Here are some questions you should ask yourself ,forget about what Nnamdi Kanu or any other leader has said ,think about just your view when asking yourself these questions :

1.Do I want Biafra because its the right thing to do,or just because I hate Yorubas and Hausas
2.Do I want it because the government is treating us badly
3.How would this affect my children and generations to come
4.Are we really taking the best approach to this,have we explored and RUN OUT of all options ?
5.What if another war breaks out ,would I be happy to see other humans ,who have offended me in no way die ?
6.If we really break off, is there a structure on ground to make things work better than the former country I was part of ?.
7.Would the present leaders who are leading us in this struggle turn against us and just repeat the mistakes of Nigerian leaders all over again out of greed and thirst for power.
8.How accountable are our prospective leaders ready to be.How ready are they to do what is right and stand for the common man after achieving our aim.
9.Even though we have many business men and tycoons ,and natural resources at our disposal,can we really survive without Nigeria ?.
10.Even if we can survive without Nigeria,what if Nigeria actually needs us.
11.What is my major motivation,is it freedom,is it equity,is it justice,is it hatred,or is just because many people want it so I want it too ?
12.Do I really understand what Biafra is ,what its aim and core belief is ? .
13.Is my approach to all these just as a result of what was instilled in me while growing up.
14.Do i see anything positive in other tribes ? .

I could go on and on.
I believe one thing,for us to achieve true progress,for us to have our leaders accountable ,for us to make sure no particular tribe gets pushed to the curbs,for us to make sure an average Nigerian or even the poorest can have access to the basic things of life that he deserves,for children to stop dying of common Malaria cry ,for us to have all our desires,we need to work together !.

We first need to change how we see each other,see everyone as a human first,see what they are and what they can offer,see the good side of them,before seeing their wrong or their tribe.

Each tribe in Nigeria has something they are better at,none is better at all things.

Most importantly we have to start speaking up,we have to start sticking together and make our leaders accountable for every penny spent,every word spoken .

We have the most powerful tool at our disposal-the Internet ,but instead of us using it to reinforce our bond , we are using it to tear each other apart.

Its like a double edged sword,we have used one side waaayy too much to stab ourselves,its time to turn it and use it against the people who are really causing us pain,and hold them to ransom-the government.

You call this country a zoo,ooooooohh ! trust me, the animals in a zoo are much more powerful than the zoo keepers if and only if they decide,that they want to be FREE and FREE indeed.But this can only happen if they work together.Working as a single unit they would just be gunned down.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless Igbo land
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Hausa land.
And God bless you all.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

Lets change people mindset !

Rubbish coming from a fool.

I hate Igbos. Deal with it.

They must leave when the time comes...

It's a matter of time.

They have beaten more than they can chew

With Igbos, peace becomes a mirage

In your bleeped up Edo state, allow Igbos to rule your kingdom, it's your freaking business.

To us, they are nothing but bunch of immigrants with valued visas for now.

At the right time, we shall send them back to their erosion ravaged region either through war or peace

Call me names, it's your business.

We have got nothing in common and nothing we ll have in common.

People like FFK ll be taken off by Yorubas when the time comes(That means his child with Igbo girl ll be kept at distance in terms of Yorubas politics and everything that concerns Yorubas)

However, people like FFK half Igbo son could be allowed to aspire to become anything in Yoruba Nation after our separation from those ugly apes.

People
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 3:42am On Aug 03, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

It's a matter of time.

In your bleeped up Edo state, allow Igbos to rule your kingdom, it's your freaking business.

At the right time, we shall send them back to their erosion ravaged region either through war or peace

People like FFK ll be taken off by Yorubas when the time comes(That means his child with Igbo girl ll be kept at distance in terms of Yorubas politics and everything that concerns Yorubas)

However, people like FFK half Igbo son could be allowed to aspire to become anything in Yoruba Nation after our separation from those ugly apes.

People
When i wrote what i did I was ready to be called names.It takes nothing out of me .
Why do you hate Igbos ?
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by walemoney007(m): 6:06am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

Really,Ok
When you say "we",I am wondering who the "we" are .
You all(across all tribes),sit back while a few people inspired by greed, nonchalance decide your future.
I can bet you probably don't even know who the local government chairman ,of your village LGA is,yet you feel all is well and the so called people clamoring for Oduduwa have it all figured out.
Hmm !
Mr man sit down there and keep typing trash,am telling you majority of what Yoruba's want,you are there arguing about me not knowing who my local government chairman is,it seems you are sick sef,I worked for APC here in the last general election, and the person that one in ikorodu north is an uncle of mine.
A lot of Yoruba's don't give a dam about Nigeria or any other tribe,when the time comes,you shall be shocked sha
They there they type trash grin
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by walemoney007(m): 6:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

It's a matter of time.

People
majority of ebos hate Yoruba's, I have seen the way they type shit on nairaland,Facebook and other social media platform,yet you will see them in every city,town and villages of Yoruba land.I can't wait to kick the useless things out of Yoruba land
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Donald3d(m): 6:34am On Aug 03, 2017
walemoney007:
Mr man sit down there and keep typing trash,am telling you majority of what Yoruba's want,you are there arguing about me not knowing who my local government chairman is,it seems you are sick sef,I worked for APC here in the last general election, and the person that one in ikorodu north is an uncle of mine.
A lot of Yoruba's don't give a dam about Nigeria or any other tribe,when the time comes,you shall be shocked sha
They there they type trash grin
Nice to know you are well connected.I wish you well
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by Etogist: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:

Ok indulge me
Who would rule you ?.
Is it the same igbo people rulling Nigeria .
Would their ideologies and greed just suddenly change because its a new country ?
What about you,what are you willing to positively contribute to the new Biafra
What mistakes did Nigeria make , and what steps is Biafra taking to make sure they don't make such mistakes.

Every human being is naturally selfish consequently, we have the tendency to do evil. This is not limited to blacks or Africa, it cuts across races. To checkmate this tendency you need good laws, strong institution and patriotism. All these are lacking in Nigeria because Nigeria was created to serve the interest of his colonial master.
In Biafra we will make good laws and build good institution that will curtail corruption and evil vices. About patriotism, the way we are very passionate about Biafra and with homogeneous value system will tell you that patriotism will never be a problem.
I keep on saying that the worst Biafra will be far better than this Godforsaken country.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by letusbepieces: 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
attackgat:
History

1945 Jos Riots:- Hundreds of Igbos killed

1953 Kano massacre:- Hundreds of Igbo massacred

July 1966:- Over 300 Igbo officers of the Nigerian Army murdered

1966:- Over 50,000 Igbos, men, women and children massacred all over the North

1967-70:- Over 3 million souls lost in the civil war in the name of 'one Nigeria'

Other situations where Igbos have been killed are:

Kano 1980
Maiduguri 1982
Jimeta 1984
Gombe 1985
Zaria 1987
Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
Bauchi & Katsina 1991
Kano 1991
Zangon-Kataf 1992
Funtua 1993
Kano 1994
Kaduna 2000
Kaduna 2001
Maiduguri 2001
Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
Kaduna 2002
Jos-November 2008
Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
Jos Christmas Eve 2010
Madalla Christmas day 2011
Mubi January 6 2012

This is the cost of "One Nigeria"

So how can anyone or any Igbo man want Biafra after reading about the 'rich' cultural and united history of Nigeria above?
tylesh

Thank u for this break down. It is certain that the next wave of murders will not be in the North but in Igboland.

i.e. Fulani or boko haram.

This is y we want Biafra, for the security and stability.
Re: 14 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Fighting For Biafra by letusbepieces: 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
walemoney007:
I hope the foolish IBO man is not living in Yoruba land sha

And if he is living in Lagos, wat will u do.

People like u wont get past the front gate of my house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Youths On Duty (photo) / Exclusive : How Buhari’s Loyalists Plotted, Failed To Take Over The Senate / Osibanjo Finally Speak On Jubril From Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.