Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed (6658 Views)

New Wikileaks Revelations Implicates Aondoakaa, Julius Berger Etc. / Aondoakaa Gets 2-yr Ban ! / Breaking News: Aondoakaa Flees Abuja For Senegal, Spain ( Ibori Also on the run) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by freezy(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
Good Riddance to bad rubbish!!!

Good Job jare Goodluck. . . That does not mean I'll take an offer with a "Goodluck" as an assistant.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Seun(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
We need a proper source before we can run with this.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Carlosein(m): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
This is a sign of better good things to come. grin
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by mogentle(m): 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2010
jay bee:

any other source?

It's better you believe Saharareprters inside out. I dont need any other source again.
Dont you know that saharareporters is a Source for sources? Real news, real time.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Gbawe: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2010
If this is true , then it is totally predictable and expected.
Some of us accused Jonathan of docility not self-destructive foolishness. It is only a foolish President that will let his overt enemy remain in a job said enemy can use to launch dangerous offensives against his Presidency . Even chronicaly-ill Yar Adua had enough sense to remove Kingibe !!!! I am no fan of Jonathan but I will be behind him whenever it becomes clear that , unlike Yar Adua , he is ready to shun the cabals to act in the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians. Aondoakaa thoroughly embarrassed Jonathan publicly on many ocassions in the past months. He did everything to directly frustrate the emergence of Jonathan as acting President.

Now that the whole world knows that Yardy is finished , Jonathan must deal ruthlessly with those who humiliated him time and time again i.e Aondoakaa, Turai and the Katsina Mullahs in Yardy's kitchen cabinet. We have all seen how desperately evil these folk can be over these past 78 days so Jonathan should not take them lightly .

Madueke should be next. A bigger bumbling buffoon I am yet to see as Nigeria's foreign affairs Minister. Lukman should go too . His past insolence to Jonathan plus his shoddy handling of the fuel shortage means this anti-people relic should go. Babalola should be given a big boot up the backside for his failure to deliver in the power sector.  Jonathan cannot pussyfoot about. There are many who will feel he does not deserve to be President . Instant bitchslapping of those folks , ala OBJ, will quickly make many know their place !!!!

Yardy has unwittingly done Jonathan a favour with how he drafted into his government dull and drab Katsina sidekicks , plus some guns-for-hire characters like Aondoakaa . Non of the members of Yar Adua's kitchen cabinet are especially sagacious politicians. In fact some , like Aondoakaa , are hated by virtually all Nigerians at all levels !!!! Jonathan can deal with members of this cruel cabal safe in the knowledge that none of the 'big boys' will interfere.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by kalabi: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2010
ope o o oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank God at last.

Jonathan has to prove to us that is capable to govern this country. This is a welcome development
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by ZE: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
Johathan should not stop at sacking A-N-A-K-O-N-D-A.

They should send him to the zoo where he belongs.

rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by bencobenz(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
Thats a good one! cool
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Sixmartgp: 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
For those looking for more sources, please see below:

http://leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/component/content/article/48-news-alert/11829-police-storm-ministry-of-justice-to-evict-aondoakaa

Police Storm Ministry Of Justice To Evict Aondoakaa   Print   E-mail
Written by Our Correspondent  
Wednesday, 10 February 2010 09:47

About 50 armed Policemen from the Force Headquarters, Abuja on Wednesday, stormed the office of the Attorney General of the Federation, Michael Aondoakaa, with alleged mission to evict him from the office.

This was following unconfirmed reports of his sack as Minister of Justice. Reports of the Minister’s sack rent the air at about 1pm today.

Speaking to Journalists, the Head of Media of the Ministry, Ambrose Momoh, said there was no official confirmation of the AG’s sack. He however confirmed the presence of Policemen at the headquarters of the Ministry.

“I saw the Policemen just like you did, I don’t know their mission here and I cannot confirm the offices they entered”, he said.

Read more later

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=7763

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa, Nigeria’s Attorney General and minister of Justice became this afternoon the first casualty of the power change in Aso Rock as he was unceremoniously sacked by the new helmsman, Ag. President Goodluck Jonathan this afternoon…

Update: Michael Kaase Aondoakaa was born June 12, 1962 in Benue. He attended the University of Maiduguri, where he studied law. He became a senior partner of a law firm for 18 years. He was appointed Minister of Justice on 26 July 2007. He was a member of a sub-committee to review the report of Justice Mohammed Uwais committee on electoral reform. The sub-committee assisted in producing a controversial white paper which muzzled the reforms and blunted the edge of the Uwais. A hachet man that doe3s allthe dirty job of the Yar’Adua’s shadowy kitchen cabinet.

Adieu.

James Ibori and co are in serious trouble given what the London Court just did. Madam Waziri, there is no more bloackage. Do your job and no more excuses. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by desgiezd(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2010
Gbawe:

Yardy has unwittingly done Jonathan a favour with how he drafted into his government dull and drab Katsina sidekicks , plus some guns-for-hire characters like Aondoakaa .

How was Yar Adua able to cope with these people he appointed as ministers? I'm still wondering!!
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Imeobong(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
Good New!!!!!, he should also be castrated to render him sexually incapacitated as we do not need more of his type (the Aondoakaa's) in this country
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by desgiezd(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2010
He attended the University of Maiduguri, where he studied law

That University should redeem their image by withdrawing their certificate from him.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Gayigaskia(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by SkyBlue1: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
Sixmartgp:

For those looking for more sources, please see below:

http://leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/component/content/article/48-news-alert/11829-police-storm-ministry-of-justice-to-evict-aondoakaa

Police Storm Ministry Of Justice To Evict Aondoakaa   Print   E-mail
Written by Our Correspondent  
Wednesday, 10 February 2010 09:47

About 50 armed Policemen from the Force Headquarters, Abuja on Wednesday, stormed the office of the Attorney General of the Federation, Michael Aondoakaa, with alleged mission to evict him from the office.

This was following unconfirmed reports of his sack as Minister of Justice. Reports of the Minister’s sack rent the air at about 1pm today.

Speaking to Journalists, the Head of Media of the Ministry, Ambrose Momoh, said there was no official confirmation of the AG’s sack. He however confirmed the presence of Policemen at the headquarters of the Ministry.

“I saw the Policemen just like you did, I don’t know their mission here and I cannot confirm the offices they entered”, he said.

Read more later

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=7763

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa, Nigeria’s Attorney General and minister of Justice became this afternoon the first casualty of the power change in Aso Rock as he was unceremoniously sacked by the new helmsman, Ag. President Goodluck Jonathan this afternoon…

Update: Michael Kaase Aondoakaa was born June 12, 1962 in Benue. He attended the University of Maiduguri, where he studied law. He became a senior partner of a law firm for 18 years. He was appointed Minister of Justice on 26 July 2007. He was a member of a sub-committee to review the report of Justice Mohammed Uwais committee on electoral reform. The sub-committee assisted in producing a controversial white paper which muzzled the reforms and blunted the edge of the Uwais. A hachet man that doe3s allthe dirty job of the Yar’Adua’s shadowy kitchen cabinet.

Adieu.

James Ibori and co are in serious trouble given what the London Court just did. Madam Waziri, there is no more bloackage. Do your job and no more excuses. grin grin grin

Been reserving comments till there were more sources. The part in bold is the crux of the matter on so many levels. There should be no more excuses of hands being tied because of conflicting interest. Technically speaking, Johnathan does not owe Ibori, as his position was sponsored as an afterthought. If the news articles that have been posted throughout yesterday and today are to be believed, then Johnathan should see this as his government now and his leadership. No more excuses or blaming it on any hidden forces. No more talks about secret cabals in the background, just do something worth doing in the short time left before the next elections and act with a free hand. Any mess ups, and it is his mess; period.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by deb(m): 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
The reports I've read about the sack are still yet to be officially confirmed.
I hope the news is true, I will be so happy because that guy is a disgrace to Nigeria.
I watch the interview he granted CNN on phone last night and I felt like cursing him
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Eziachi: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
Whatever you do or chose to do in life, please never choose anyone called GOODLUCK as your deputy or assitant. If you doubt me, please ask Mr Alams and Malam Yar Adua.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by chino4(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
its about time.Lukman should be next.Dora shd be appointed VP when the eventual news hits town.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Emperoh(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

But u pray it will be true?

More than u can think. . . i was listening to him on Amanpour and was scandalised how shameless a man can be because of power
I bet Christine Amanpour would be laughing at him. . . cos the way he cut him off was embarassing!!

Seun:

We need a proper source before we can run with this.

My sentiments exactly. . . . i won't celebrate until i confirm this news!!
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by desgiezd(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
Eziachi:

Whatever you do or chose to do in life, please never choose anyone called GOODLUCK as your deputy or assitant. If you doubt me, please ask Mr Alams and Malam Yar Adua.

But would you name your child "Goodluck"?
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by SkyBlue1: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
Minister Of Justice, Michael Anodoakaa, Removed
Wed Feb, 10 2010

Nigeria’s Minister Of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Michael Anodoakaa has been removed from office by the country’s new Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan.

Sources close to Jonathan told The Times of Nigeria that the decision to relieve Anodoakaa of his duties was announced at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting today.

The source said he will be “redeployed” to a new ministry. “Its not just Anodoakaa. Others will be affected. It’s a reshuffle.”

http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/Article.aspx?id=2443

I hope that isn't the case!
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by preselect(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
the guy has been fired. infact there are unconfirmed reports he may even be arrested self

www.pointblanknews.com
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
pres-elect:

the guy has been fired. infact there are unconfirmed reports he may even be arrested self

www.pointblanknews.com

Very interesting
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by enohj2ee(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
My people   Good Luck, Wont want to sack Andoaka and cant sack him

I have just listen to 4:00 PM New, nothing like this, Discard Saharareports news. let all be one.

Good Luck is too humble to sack any one, rather will want to bring all of the ministers together to work with him.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by violent(m): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2010
Atta boy!

You gotta love Joe. . . the dude has been chilling all along for the right power to be handed down to him, while goons like aondoidiot continued making a hell of noise about how the President can rule a country in coma. . .

You gotta love Joe
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by ddiamond(f): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2010
interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by desgiezd(m): 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2010
Sky Blue:

The source said he will be “redeployed” to a new ministry. “Its not just Anodoakaa. Others will be affected. It’s a reshuffle.”
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/Article.aspx?id=2443

I just read that now, if they are redeploying him, then he should be sent to The Ministry of Arts and Culture or a new Ministry of Archical Materials be created and have him thrown there!
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by nethacker(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
did jonathan hear me
OMG!!! this guy has just done wat my heart want, thankyou for sending out dat basterd
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by SkyBlue1: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
enohj2ee:

My people   Good Luck, Wont want to sack Andoaka and cant sack him

I have just listen to 4:00 PM New, nothing like this, Discard Saharareports news. let all be one.

Good Luck is too humble to sack any one, rather will want to bring all of the ministers together to work with him.

Which news channel was it? Cos I would take sahara over NTA anytime and anyday. NTA has got to be the most useless and propaganda filled news service channel in the world.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Godalone(m): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
Mike is a failure.
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Pharoh: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
Controversial Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Mr. Michael Kaase Aondoakaa has been sacked from office with immediate effect. Aondoakaa sacking is not unconnected with series of controversial stance in the wake of the political logjam in Nigeria over the health of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.

Also listed to be sacked are Minister for Agriculture, Sayaad Abba Ruma and Yar'Adua's Special Adviser on Economy, Tanimu Yakubu.

However, it is not immediately known as at press time if Aondokaa has been arrested, but sources hinted that the presidency may have also ordered the immediate arrest of the former AGF.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2866.html
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
joe just pulled a fast one before the idiot goes to court to challenge the Senate's action grin grin
Re: Breaking News! Aondoakaa Removed by Gbawe: 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
I have a big problem with this :

The source said he will be “redeployed” to a new ministry.

Aondoakaa's numerous 'misdemeanours' should see him heading nowhere but jail !!! I would understand it if Jonathan does not want to spend his short time as acting President chasing numerous prosecutions but he must not give Aondoakaa another Government job !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lord Lugard Thought On Nigeria In 1926 - At Times I Wonder If He Was Right / Evidence Act 2011 As Amended / Indigenous People Of Biafra-ipob Carrying Out A Peaceful Protest Today In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.