Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,064 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin (30587 Views)

Bizzyaski To Help Tacha Remove Davido's Tattoo / I Regret Having Tattoos – Huddah Monroe Reveals / Noble Igwe's Tailor Arrested For Having Tattoos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Edkoliba: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
This guy need medical attention
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by oluwaahmed: 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Leonbonapart:
Dude trying to keep his hustling alive so he can eat!

What about leveticus 19v28part: make no cuttings on your body for the dead, nor print any mark on your flesh, I am the Lord

Quotind d context is not highly educatin, leme quote KJV 4rm verses 27

Leviticus 19:27-29King James Version (KJV)

27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

U see goin by dis scriptures many pple castigatin tattoos are hypocrite because u shape ur beard, and line ur head durin haircut. So u're also goin 2 hell wit Tonto dike
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by meggitto21: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
Leonbonapart:
wasted 10 minutes and a wasted sperm. Failed parenting and failed comunity. Condom would have save us a lot of trouble
How can u say that to another human being and clame to Be a Christian
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Cooldude68(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
obailala:
Very amusing how people still churn out Mosaic laws in Leviticus as justification for anything in this day and age; it just shows that people simply dont read, but rather prefer others to read and interpret everything for them.

Out of the hundreds of laws in that same Levitucus, how come you only pick one or two convenient ones and dwell on them?...

What about Leviticus 19:19 which prohibits you from wearing 2 different kinds of fabrics?... In that same verse, you are also prohibited from planting 2 different seed in a particular field. In essence, if you wear a denim jean trouser and a cotton shirt, or if you plant a mango and an orange tree in your farm, you are already a condemned sinner.

What about Leviticus 19:27 (the verse just before the tatoo verse)? Are you guys aware it is also a sin according to that same Leviticus chapter 19 for you to shave off your side hair a.k.a sideburns?... Only Jewish Rabbis today seem to obey that.

What about all the requirements for slaughtering rams and pouring their blood on our heads as sacrifice to the Lord, and eating the meat after 3 days?... What about the Mosaic law banning pork, how come Christians diregard that law and eat bacon and sausages freely today?... How come we disregard all those other Mosaic laws and chose to stick with Leviticus 19:28?... Probably because one pastor told us to and we are personally too lazy to just read even the preceding verse.

A lot of people claim to be Christians but sadly have no idea what it means to be Christians living under the new covenant. Jesus who represents the new covenant already made it clear that what is outside cannot defile a man, but we seem to prefer the Mosaic laws from the old covenant. Maybe you guys should all just practice Judaism because you seem to fancy it more.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong, you guys are all right.

cc: WRAKE, Leonbonapart, Favour155, snowblaq, gift4nature, Rorachy, Cooldude68

Revelation 21:27 NIV: Nothing impure will
ever enter it...
In my own understanding, tatoos fall in that category.
Get something straight, God will never lower his standards no matter hw u twist it.

2 Likes

Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by iamjdee(m): 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
The real temple of God is in your heart, and not your physical body. People sees what you do, but God sees why you do them. I got a tattoo on my body, but it still does not stop God from blessing me, or maybe stop my close relationship with God. Once you have a clear conscience and a clear heart, nothing can stop God from blessing you. There are so many hypocrites in the world of today, but devils in secret. May God help us all.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by brightalo17: 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
MadCow1:
Tattoos are definitely not a Sin.

Yes, bring that Deuteronomy verse here and I will RIP it to shreds.

First rip the Leviticus above you before talking . SMH
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by ApBlaze10: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Thank God you said you're a devout christian. Now read this Leviticus 19:28
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks (Tattoos) upon you: I am the LORD. and dont dare tell me its an old testament law because that is what most of you would always say.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by MadCow1: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
brightalo17:

First rip the Leviticus above you before talking . SMH

The Leviticus quote is self explanatory in the passage.

Leviticus 19:28.. This is the only passage in the entire bible where Tattoo is mentioned.

Go read it and make sure you finish the entire passage. Then tell me if you noticed the caveat.

SMH.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
makydebbie:
After you see and hold the bress finish you dey tell us super story. undecided

I wan hold ur bressembarassed
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by ApBlaze10: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
iamjdee:
The real temple of God is in your heart, and not your physical body. People sees what you do, but God sees why you do them. I got a tattoo on my body, but it still does not stop God from blessing me, or maybe stop my close relationship with God. Once you have a clear conscience and a clear heart, nothing can stop God from blessing you. There are so many hypocrites in the world of today, but devils in secret. May God help us all.

Hey your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit even so glorify God in your body. Your Spirit, soul and body (flesh) were created for God and are His. Don't do anything funny with it.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Leonbonapart(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Cooldude68:

ever enter it...
Get something straight, God will never lower his standards no matter hw u twist it.
God bless you my brother...one thing I notice is that over exposure is turning Christians to something else. "All unrighteousness is sin"

1 Like

Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Leonbonapart(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
oluwaahmed:

Quotind d context is not highly educatin, leme quote KJV 4rm verses 27

Leviticus 19:27-29King James Version (KJV)

27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

U see goin by dis scriptures many pple castigatin tattoos are hypocrite because u shape ur beard, and line ur head durin haircut. So u're also goin 2 hell wit Tonto dike
look who's condemning someone to hell....
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Leonbonapart(m): 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
obailala:
Bro, the laws in Leviticus chapter 19 were directed at the entire Israelites and not Nazarites; the word Nazarite was never mentioned anywhere in that whole chapter. If you say I'm wrong, then kindly point to the verse which says the laws were for Nazarites?.... And then again, if you claim verse 27 was for Nazarites (of which it is clearly not), how come you don't think the next verse (v28) was also for Nazarites?

The 10 commandments were Mosaic laws, but Jesus Christ re-affirmed them. Can you point out anywhere in the bible where Jesus reaffirmed Mosaic laws of shaving hair, tatoos, animal sacrifices, dual fabrics etc?....

By the way, you didn't mention anything about Lev19:19?.... Oh now I get it, even though the verse is clear in white and black, you claim you got a different interpretation from the Holy Spirit?

Bro, you sound like one of the religious ministers who would also condemn women for wearing trousers, earrings, hair extensions etc?.... What about men who braid their hair?... You sound like one who would label that a sin too?...

In summary, my own understanding of the scripture tells me Christ came to fulfil the laws and the prophecies and also to make things straightforward and less complex (i.e. to clear out a lot of grey areas). Christ places emphasis on the contents of a man's heart, and not on what he wears or paints on his body. Let's stop trying to make Christianity look complex...
no matter how we argue and quote ourselves, don't forget tattoo remain unholy and unrighteous, that makes it a "sin"
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by MadCow1: 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Leonbonapart:
tatoo is a sin against your body and God becos printing mark in your body makes you defile it. Your body Is the temple of the Almight and he dwells in it. If you print marks on your body, God can't dwell in them. You may tell me not the physical body... anything unrighteous is sin. Sorry for the first quote

Apologies accepted. And thanks for your response.

I am glad you didn't point to leviticus as that would have been way too easy for me to argue.

But here is the thing. Tattoos are actually not unrighteous. Nowhere is that written in the bible. Your interpretation of the scripture on your body being the temple of the holy spirit is very superficial. Here is why I say so, If a tattoo on your skin stops the Holy Spirit from dwelling in you, what about a lepros person.. Or an Amputee.. Or someone with an implant (not just breas.t implants but knee implants or hip implants or metal implants, e.t.c...

This is why you must be wise in your interpretation and application of the scripture in real life. The only time the Bible mentioned Tattoos was in leveticus and that same book of leviticus has more than 100 other laws including;

1. Not wearing clothes of mixed fabrics like mixing Cotton and wool or acrylic

2. Not eating certain animals like Pigs and Snails and more.

3. Not shaving your hair a certain style..

4. Forgiving a debt owed to you for more than 7 years

E.t.c..

So my friend, Tattoos are not in and of themselves a Sin. Tattoos are more than what you see today on young people. They have been around for centuries even before Jesus and have their original roots in tradition and culture. Some for beautification others for identification to know which tribe or family or village a person was from.

So in the same Bible that said Alcohol is bad, A high ranking Apostle of Jesus adviced another Apostle to take some alcohol for his stomach sake. Rather than condemn tattoos in its entirety, condemn what graphics are depicted in the tattoo.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by obailala(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Cooldude68:

ever enter it...
Going by your understanding and interpretation, then no one is going to enter Heaven... Because there are many laws in that same book of Leviticus and Deuteronomy which we all disregard because they are old Mosaic laws which have passed away.

But since you claim those laws are still valid, kindly explain to me why you hold on tightly to Leviticus 19:28, but you blatantly disregard v19 and v27?... Kindly tell us why you don't practice animal sacrifices and sprinkling of ram blood on your head every now and then as instructed in that same chapter 19 in Leviticus?... Or according to your own understanding, were those other laws not also from God?... I would love to hear your response.

It seems a lot of us just read without making any effort to understand, but rather just wait for one man-of-God to pour down his own understanding to us. Christ came and made things easy and straightforward, but we seem to prefer keeping ourselves in bondage by making Christianity look complex.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by obailala(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
Leonbonapart:
no matter how we argue and quote ourselves, don't forget tattoo remain unholy and unrighteous, that makes it a "sin"
No, I refuse to be a blind Christian; the only verse which prohibits having ink on your body falls within the abolished Mosaic laws in the book of Leviticus. Meanwhile that same chapter also prohibits the wearing of dual fabric on your body, shaving your side hair and it commands the use of animal blood sacrifices. I keep asking, why do you disregard those other laws in v19 and v27, but hold on tightly to the law in v28 to judge people with tatoos?.... You obviously cannot answer my question hence you abruptly end the argument with unsubstantiated conclusions.

Like I said earlier, Christianity isn't as complex as many modern day Christians are forcing it to be. If a man loves God with all his heart and loves his neighbours as himself, if the same man also lives righteously in every area of his life, there is absolutely no way a simple piece of ink on his body will prevent him from being favoured or redeemed by God (except of course the ink is used to depict unholy/blasphemous arts or literature). Christ has already made it clear in Mark 7 that nothing on the outside can defile a man, but rather what defiles a man is originates from his heart. Except you are trying to tell me the Mosaic laws of the old covenant supersedes the teachings of Christ, then I do not know what you are all about.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by 3RNEST(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
managersam:
Very soon MYND44 will explain why banning people is not a sin.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Aleora(f): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
How person wey hin head correct go use nail write on top Range Rover....Danfo oshi
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by MrRichmond: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Why is it that the Bible is so flexible? Nothing is set in stone... Nearly every good verse can be countered by another The battle between Satan and Jesus in the wilderness is a prime example No wonder there are so many church denominations out there smh
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by joepentwo(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
D guy want save his market..

God forgive yu shaa
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by thunderbabs: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Whatz d essence of a tattoo on ma dark chocolate skin undecided?
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
andreweb:
Life is either a daring adventure

cont.d or nothing at all. Helen keller
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by turenshi(m): 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
tempums:
Ready To Attend The FREE ICT training that moves and shapes your career forward?

The digital revolution has already begun just like the then industrial revolution (and it came without us preparing appropriately - those who did were the ones who made a fortune - think John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie who became one of the richest Americans). How best to prepare for this? ULTRA MEDIA SOLUTIONS and RCCG ROYAL YOUTH AMBASSADORS have created platforms where you can get these necessary skills from experts and professionals

We bring the FREE Career Changing-Platform to YOU!

1 day of Career Changer
1 Ambient Center in Lagos –RCCG HQs, Gowon Estate, Lagos
15+ Professional Facilitators
9 Premium ICT Courses
1 Career-defining Program Platform
And it’s absolutely FREE!!!!!!!!!!

The program is packaged and customized in scope and content to suit the needs of beginners to intermediate ICT professionals to become expert professionals

DATE: Saturday, 26TH of AUG, 2017

TIME: 10am Prompt!

Registration is FREE!!!

How do you register?
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by Leonbonapart(m): 1:15am On Aug 03, 2017
MadCow1:

Apologies accepted. And thanks for your response.

I am glad you didn't point to leviticus as that would have been way too easy for me to argue.

But here is the thing. Tattoos are actually not unrighteous. Nowhere is that written in the bible. Your interpretation of the scripture on your body being the temple of the holy spirit is very superficial. Here is why I say so, If a tattoo on your skin stops the Holy Spirit from dwelling in you, what about a lepros person.. Or an Amputee.. Or someone with an implant (not just breas.t implants but knee implants or hip implants or metal implants, e.t.c...

This is why you must be wise in your interpretation and application of the scripture in real life. The only time the Bible mentioned Tattoos was in leveticus and that same book of leviticus has more than 100 other laws including;

1. Not wearing clothes of mixed fabrics like mixing Cotton and wool or acrylic

2. Not eating certain animals like Pigs and Snails and more.

3. Not shaving your hair a certain style..

4. Forgiving a debt owed to you for more than 7 years

E.t.c..

So my friend, Tattoos are not in and of themselves a Sin. Tattoos are more than what you see today on young people. They have been around for centuries even before Jesus and have their original roots in tradition and culture. Some for beautification others for identification to know which tribe or family or village a person was from.

So in the same Bible that said Alcohol is bad, A high ranking Apostle of Jesus adviced another Apostle to take some alcohol for his stomach sake. Rather than condemn tattoos in its entirety, condemn what graphics are depicted in the tattoo.

you lack something that is very important as a Christian. You are not spiritually oriented. You try to tackle everything from the realm of the physical which is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by MadCow1: 1:44am On Aug 03, 2017
Leonbonapart:
you lack something that is very important as a Christian. You are not spiritually oriented. You try to tackle everything from the realm of the physical which is unacceptable.

"Spiritually Oriented"

You definitely have entered a dangerous territory that leaves any scripture open to whatever interpretation that best suits the reader and I will not walk into that street.

I say so because it the the main reason behind all the deciet in religion as it exists today. That's why doctrines change from one church to the next. Spirituality is unprovable. Example; Is pastor Kumuyi spiritually right about Women not wearing jewllery and covering their hair in church or are the other Pastors who allow it right? Is the Catholic church right about Women not allowed to hold top positions in Chruch or are the other Churches right that amount women Bishops and Pastors? Remember, the Bible says God is not a God of confusion so one of these people must be right and the others wrong.

If that is your take for why you say Tattoos are a Sin then run with it and I hope it works out well for you. I will continue to maintain it is not a Sin as far as the Bible which is the guide for all Christians remain as is. I don't need spirits to explain simple English texts to me.

Thanks.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by 9jaCrib(m): 5:52am On Aug 03, 2017
Young man. I guess its been 10 years since u stepped Intl the House of God. Read Leviticus 19:28.
It is clearly stated that Tattos are wrong before God.
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by MadCow1: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2017
9jaCrib:
Young man. I guess its been 10 years since u stepped Intl the House of God. Read Leviticus 19:28.
It is clearly stated that Tattos are wrong before God.

It clearly states that you shouldn't wear tattoos for the dead..

A mourning rite amongst Jews. That same book of leviticus says you shouldn't cut your hair a certain style too. Guess you missed the other 200k plus laws in that leviticus. grin
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by 9jaCrib(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2017
MadCow1:

It clearly states that you shouldn't wear tattoos for the dead..

A mourning rite amongst Jews. That same book of leviticus says you shouldn't cut your hair a certain style too. Guess you missed the other 200k plus laws in that leviticus. grin

That was for the Nazerite!!!
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by kendazzy: 11:58am On Aug 03, 2017
TINALETC3:
grin wen God decides to punish u on d judgment day, he plays d video of Hw u lived ur life, if u first see "viewer's discretion, my broda, no need to waste ur time, jst make a u_turn and trekk down to hell grin
Lwkmd
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by brightalo17: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
MadCow1:

The Leviticus quote is self explanatory in the passage.

Leviticus 19:28.. This is the only passage in the entire bible where Tattoo is mentioned.

Go read it and make sure you finish the entire passage. Then tell me if you noticed the caveat.

SMH.

So how many times will it be mention before it will become effective ?
Re: Bizzyaski Bisola Ojikutu Explains Why Having Tattoos Is Not A Sin by MadCow1: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
brightalo17:

So how many times will it be mention before it will become effective ?

The entire books of Exodus - Leviticus and Numbers are filled with laws for the Jews. More than 600 laws with their punishments. You can't cherry pick which ones to obey and which ones to leave. Some of those laws will get you jailed today. Many portions of those books are what pastors are still using to collect tithes from people till today.

If you don't read, you will not know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CDQ Pictured With Iheanacho As They Go Shopping / Picture Of Peter Psquare And Drake / Freeze: We Still De Wait For Adeboye's New Sexually Transmitted Disease Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.