Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced (5747 Views)

Three Die In Lagos Bus Explosion (photo) / Lamata To Rehabilitate Brt Lanes! / Your View On the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LePhilippe(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2007
Thats just a load of bulls check the www.lagbusonline.com for actual footage, pictures, schedules, fares e.t.c about lagbus!!!
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by kaylala(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2007
I hear you, no b by force cool
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LePhilippe(m): 1:47am On Feb 21, 2007
Sorry, I got carried away!!
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by funweez(f): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2007
Oh please, let us hear word abeg. How can it make sense to cut off one lane out of a measly three narrow lanes for just the brt buses eh? Do the Brt buses constitute even 1% of total vehicular traffic within lagos?

Does'nt it seem more effective and beneficial to have all commercial buses on only one lane.So when there is traffic on the other lanes and the Brt is freaking empty then what happens eh You expect Nigerian motorists to stay put in the hold up, i dont think so,

If the government has a geuine desire to help the traffic situation then how about getting as many of these new buses as possible, getting tow trucks on standby at all times to cart away broken down trucks, trailers and the like.

Ensuring that the roads are well lit, free of nasty lookin potholes, clearing the drainages to ensure free flow during the most heavy downpours. And i could go on and on.

Bunch of old government officials(Tinubu's cronies) having their way as usual with the people's money. PLEASE !! angry
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LePhilippe(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2007
Like I pointed out early, the onlyuse i can find for this BRT is to drive motorist from the roads!!!!
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by alabiyemmy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2007
@ funweez

It works in just any other country as Nigeria - why not give it a chance here? My road in London is a single lane and there is a bus lane there - no other vehicle dare ride on it - it can work in Lagos, why not?
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Eastcoast(f): 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2007
I believe if all lagosians should believe in the new system and give it a chance, then it would be able to function adequately. Like alabiyemmy said, i also live in an area with lanes dedicated to only High occupancy vehicles and it works very fine. Believe lagosians, believe!.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LoverBwoy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2007
perhaps when they make the lane accessible to all the buses, people wont be as cynical.

somewhere on their website it says "Bus company must operate in conjunction with local transport operators"
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by kaylala(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2007
When was the last time you are in Lagos Nigeria?Anyways,i hope it works.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by WesleyanA(f): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2007
OMG i'm so excited. the subway and now this.

Why we Nigerians shouldn't be so cynical and pessimistic.

next, we'll have the roads built. cool
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Eastcoast(f): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2007
@wes, i don't blame nigerians for being cynical,doubtful, etc. afterall, the gov't has failed so many times. They are never able to fulfill their promises.Besides, most of the projects the govt starts usually ends up having some K leg at the end of the day.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by alabiyemmy(m): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2007
@EastCoast

Example?
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by WesleyanA(f): 12:05am On Feb 22, 2007
Eastcoast:
Besides, most of the projects the govt starts usually ends up having some K leg at the end of the day.

lmao. true.

I'm starting to be positive now though. no more pessimism.
got to support the govt in enforcing the policies.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Eastcoast(f): 1:36am On Feb 22, 2007
alabiyemmy:

@EastCoast

Example?

I remember some years back, when the govt banned public buses and started one special bus service for the island. It was so weird. The bus didn't run regularly, there was so much delay and insufficiency, that the gov't withdrew the service.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by alabiyemmy(m): 1:54am On Feb 22, 2007
Those buses are still running.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 22, 2007
funweez:

Oh please, let us hear word abeg. How can it make sense to cut off one lane out of a measly three narrow lanes for just the brt buses eh? Do the Brt buses constitute even 1% of total vehicular traffic within lagos?

Does'nt it seem more effective and beneficial to have all commercial buses on only one lane.So when there is traffic on the other lanes and the Brt is freaking empty then what happens eh You expect Nigerian motorists to stay put in the hold up, i don't think so,

If the government has a geuine desire to help the traffic situation then how about getting as many of these new buses as possible, getting tow trucks on standby at all times to cart away broken down trucks, trailers and the like.

Ensuring that the roads are well lit, free of nasty lookin potholes, clearing the drainages to ensure free flow during the most heavy downpours. And i could go on and on.

Bunch of old government officials(Tinubu's cronies) having their way as usual with the people's money. PLEASE !! angry

and we wonder why things dont work in nigeria. the same western nations you are all dying to immigrate to have been using the same system for years and no one is complaining. infact nigerians here have learnt to obey the law.
The lanes here are not as wide as soccer pitches yet no one plies bus lanes.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Christino(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2007
Thanks David,

The same Nigerians who go on Summer Hols outside the country are so law abiding they won't eat breakfast if the law says so, and won't mind puting their cold hands in their hip pocket all day if it's the law of the state, but when they return to lagos, they'll start quoting "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

Even our so called millitary men who travel out of the country dare not disobey the laws there, but here you find bullion vans and soldier men driving in the opposite direction - JEEZ.

The laws won't work until we start to obey cos if we were to be elsewhere we'd have no other choice than to comply. cheesy
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Eastcoast(f): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2007
@alabiyemmi,
When the service started it couldn't accomodate the population. People had to walk from the lagos island all the way to victoria island. I remember clearly because I had to walk all the way with my mom and lil' sister. AFter a few weeks, the gov't unbanned the normal danfo buses.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LePhilippe(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2007
Brt is already working!
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by alabiyemmy(m): 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2007
It shows the myopic nature of Nigerians - both home and abroad. Simple.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LePhilippe(m): 1:22am On Feb 23, 2007
:p
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 23, 2007
Eastcoast:

@wes, i don't blame nigerians for being cynical,doubtful, etc. afterall, the gov't has failed so many times. They are never able to fulfill their promises.Besides, most of the projects the govt starts usually ends up having some K leg at the end of the day.

What really is this monster called "government"? How do Nigerians sit comfortably in their homes expecting a few men to solve the problems of over 150million nigerians without any form of help?
the reason most govt projects fail is because the citizens for which these projects are created in the first place have programmed their minds to see those projects fail.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by dblock(m): 7:58am On Feb 23, 2007
A lot of people talk about the government as if they are some sort of Seperate species. The politicians that make up the governments are humans like you and me, 100% of our politicians were once civilians that live in the same conditions as normal Nigerians. The root of the problem is and never was corruption in the government. The problem as I have said in so many other threads is corruption. Provided that a new administration can heal the society, decrease the poverty rate, decrease the Poli, Aids rate, create Jobs and eliminate the need for people to take part in illegal activities such as 419, Identity thievery, Kidnappings, Arm Robbery etc. Then Nigeria will be able to move forward, and projects such as the Lagos Bus Rapid Transit will thrive and open up more avenues for more productive and enriching projects wink
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Seun(m): 10:02am On Feb 23, 2007
i don't blame nigerians for being cynical,doubtful, etc. afterall, the gov't has failed so many times.
The problem is that people expect the government to solve problems that only entrepreneurs can solve. Naturally, desperate political aspirants end up promising what they cannot deliver. We end up selling our freedom for nothing.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by Mariory(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2007
Exactly. When someone tells you 'I will create thousands of jobs'. You need to ask, 'how'.
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by LePhilippe(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2007
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced by 9ja4eva: 3:17am On Apr 14, 2008
I like the idea and i hope it is being implemented properly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am about leaving naija help Me Pls. / Aguda Is In What Local Government Area? / France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.