Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? (5719 Views)

Working Visa to Australia 400k by Agent / Is Visiting Visa To Australia Advisable For An Intending Hustler? / Canadian 1year Working Visa How Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
How possible is it for someone with France visiting visa to change it status from visiting to probably a work visa in France? Your contributions are highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
antonreal:
How possible is it for someone with France visiting visa to change it status from visiting to probably a work visa in France? Your contributions are highly appreciated. Thanks

Chai!na wa...only wan work for france only wan go poly for HND.hmmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by dmariowizzy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
Please someone please help us here. If your in france or been to france please say something. We the amateurs need ideas from experienced people.. Please how can one change the status of visiting visa to working visa while in france. Please help out..

1 Like

Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by ifegy: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
dmariowizzy:
Please someone please help us here. If your in france or been to france please say something. We the amateurs need ideas from experienced people.. Please how can one change the status of visiting visa to working visa while in france. Please help out..

Generally, you cannot change a visit visa to a work visa. You have to apply for a work visa as a separate affair, ie, meet and follow the requirements, such as be suitably qualified, have the necessary language skills, not be taking a job from a qualified citizen, have an employer supporting your application, or have some sort of extraordinary skill or talent, eg, be a famous artist or performer.

Each country will have their specific rules but in general the above is what obtains.

In summary, please don't waste money on trying to get a visit visa if what you really want to do is immigrate. Run for your life if an agent is promising to make it work for you. If you really want to immigrate, look for countries with immigration programs for professionals like Canada, Australia, etc. There are threads on the nairaland travel section.

Some also go as students and then immigrate. For instance, there are cheap or free schools in Europe where you can get a good education and then get to work and either become resident in that country, or go as a professional immigrant to another country. Again, there are threads on nairaland about these low cost schools, scholarship opportunities for graduate studies, etc.

If you want to do things the right way you will have to research and ask lots of questions and work hard. Remember google is free. If you are still determined to go the visit visa route, well, all the best, but you will in all likelihood lose your money to the agents and end up worse off than before you started.

1 Like

Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by dmariowizzy(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
ifegy:

Generally, you cannot change a visit visa to a work visa. You have to apply for a work visa as a separate affair, ie, meet and follow the requirements, such as be suitably qualified, have the necessary language skills, not be taking a job from a qualified citizen, have an employer supporting your application, or have some sort of extraordinary skill or talent, eg, be a famous artist or performer.

Each country will have their specific rules but in general the above is what obtains.

In summary, please don't waste money on trying to get a visit visa if what you really want to do is immigrate. Run for your life if an agent is promising to make it work for you. If you really want to immigrate, look for countries with immigration programs for professionals like Canada, Australia, etc. There are threads on the nairaland travel section.

Some also go as students and then immigrate. For instance, there are cheap or free schools in Europe where you can get a good education and then get to work and either become resident in that country, or go as a professional immigrant to another country. Again, there are threads on nairaland about these low cost schools, scholarship opportunities for graduate studies, etc.

If you want to do things the right way you will have to research and ask lots of questions and work hard. Remember google is free. If you are still determined to go the visit visa route, well, all the best, but you will in all likelihood lose your money to the agents and end up worse off than before you started.
Thanks a lot bro.. The thing is that. I'm not a graduate. I just want to go there and hustle for some years. Do you think I should apply for student visa?.. It will be better??
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
ifegy:

Good contribution bro... thanks man
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by luckbealady: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
dmariowizzy:

In France, you cannot change a visiting visa to a working visa. If you study (university) in France and graduate, the government will give you a one year residence permit to find a job, if you are employed by a company with a full-time contract before the expiration of that 1-year permit, then you are set.

1 Like

Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by dmariowizzy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
luckbealady:

In France, you cannot change a visiting visa to a working visa. If you study (university) in France and graduate, the government will give you a one year residence permit to find a job, if you are employed by a company with a full-time contract before the expiration of that 1-year permit, then you are set.
Thanks bro..your really helpful. I want to confirm something from. Is there a 2years per-time course there in france and can someone work while attending the per-time course... Please help.
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by claremont(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
@OP: There is only one way I know on how a France tourist visa can be changed to working visa/permanent residency/citizenship.

Use your tourist visa to get into France. In Paris, go and look for the recruitment office of the French Foreign Legion (Légion Etrangère), and apply to join on the spot. You will undergo some mental, medical and physical examination. If you pass all these, you will be offered a 5 year contract with them. At the end of the contract, you are eligible to apply for French citizenship.

See more here >>> http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

Good luck! grin

1 Like

Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
claremont:
@OP: There is only one way I know on how a France tourist visa can be changed to working visa/permanent residency/citizenship.

Use your tourist visa to get into France. In Paris, go and look for the recruitment office of the French Foreign Legion (Légion Etrangère), and apply to join on the spot. You will undergo some mental, medical and physical examination. If you pass all these, you will be offered a 5 year contract with them. At the end of the contract, you are eligible to apply for French citizenship.

See more here >>> http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

Good luck! grin

Wow!!! this is more than helpful,thanks a bunch. will check out that site
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by ttmacoy: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
Make sure you are prepared and know what you are getting into before you go. You also have to pass their training which is very tough.

Anyway the quickest way to French citizenship via the foreign legion is to get injured in battle smiley. Goodluck

A soldier who becomes injured during a battle for France can immediately apply for French citizenship under a provision known as "Français par le sang versé" ("French by spilled blood"wink

antonreal:

Wow!!! this is more than helpful,thanks a bunch. will check out that site
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
ttmacoy:
Make sure you are prepared and know what you are getting into before you go. You also have to pass their training which is very tough.

Anyway the quickest way to French citizenship via the foreign legion is to get injured in battle smiley. Goodluck

A soldier who becomes injured during a battle for France can immediately apply for French citizenship under a provision known as "Français par le sang versé" ("French by spilled blood"wink

I just went thru the site now and it seems to me like the legion thing is like soldier,I stand to be corrected tho and do they go for war? cos u said 'A soldier who becomes injured during battle for France can get citizenship immediately' pls be more explicit on that . thanks
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by ifegy: 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
antonreal:

I just went thru the site now and it seems to me like the legion thing is like soldier,I stand to be corrected tho and do they go for war? cos u said 'A soldier who becomes injured during battle for France can get citizenship immediately' pls be more explicit on that . thanks

Yes, you are essentially becoming a soldier if you are accepted into the French legion, and you will be sent to fight if need be. Yes, if you are then injured in battle you will get citizenship.
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by ttmacoy: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
The French legion is to military unit, part of the French army so yes you can be posted to fight if there is war.

Regarding the citizenship if injured, pray it is not an injury that renders you disabled or worse smiley

Anyway in summary you are signing up for 5 years of military service in exchange for French citizenship.

Is it worth it? .... only you can decide that.

antonreal:

Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2015
ttmacoy:
The French legion is to military unit, part of the French army so yes you can be posted to fight if there is war.

Regarding the citizenship if injured, pray it is not an injury that renders you disabled or worse smiley

Anyway in summary you are signing up for 5 years of military service in exchange for French citizenship.

Is it worth it? .... only you can decide that.

Thanks to u guys for that explanations, it really helps and if I may ask,are u presently in France?
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2015
ifegy:

Yes, you are essentially becoming a soldier if you are accepted into the French legion, and you will be sent to fight if need be. Yes, if you are then injured in battle you will get citizenship.

do u reside in France bro?
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by lasisima: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
please I want to apply for undergraduate admission for my sister in France. I hereby need your help and advice may be you can help me with good university that pay low tuition fees. Our family can afford 1m for her annually. And if less the better it is. Please the whole house I need your advice and help.
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by ifegy: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
antonreal:

No
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by ifegy: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
antonreal:

No I don't
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by worry359(m): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
lasisima:
please I want to apply for undergraduate admission for my sister in France. I hereby need your help and advice may be you can help me with good university that pay low tuition fees. Our family can afford 1m for her annually. And if less the better it is. Please the whole house I need your advice and help.

You have posted this for
France, Germany, Dubai, USA, Canada, Finland, Netherlands and South Africa.
Do you expect other people to research and reply for every school in every country?
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Mordyb: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
lasisima:
go to campus France in Abuja or alliance français in Lagos
there are extremely cheap school but you must be able to speak French to B2 level or above there are English school but you will pay 1.7 to 2mil each year
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by dmariowizzy(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2015
If I go to france with a visiting visa.. Can I get ASYLUM easily..
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by worry359(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2015
dmariowizzy:
Are you s-tupid or on drugs?
Have you not seen in the news the thousands of immigrants with no papers living in squatters camps in France?
These are people displaced from countries being destroyed by wars and terror organisations.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33972632
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
worry359:

Are you s-tupid or on drugs?
Have you not seen in the news the thousands of immigrants with no papers living in squatters camps in France?
These are people displaced from countries being destroyed by wars and terror organisations.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33972632

Lol
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by Moana(f): 8:27am On Mar 05, 2016
dmariowizzy:
enter ferry boat waka go France
Re: France Visiting Visa To Working Visa,how Possible? by dmariowizzy(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Moana:
enter ferry boat waka go France

na wa.. na fight?.. calm down naa... if you get advice why not help a brother..

(1) (Reply)

Street Maps Of Nigeria? / Emirate Flight From Lagos To London / Help I Want To Travel Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.