Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

"You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan (39207 Views)

Obasanjo Slams NOUN VC, Says I Offer Free Service / Obasanjo Slams Buhari Again, Says President Is Sick In The Spirit, Body And Soul / Biafra: You Warned Us But We Didn't Listen, Now We Have Seen- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
ebosed:

Between obj and Jonathan who fail Nigeria the most? Thank God you at least agreed they both failed Nigerians. Did you say Yoruba are evil? So Kumuyi, Adeboye, Oyedepo ...are all evil Abi? l want to assume you are too young to know what happened in 1966...IPOB couldn't wipe out the north despite Emeka Nzogwus effort....the north couldn't wipe out the IPOB in the reprisal attack...and the civil war couldn't wipe out north and east...expecting the SW to be wiped out is only a wish that good God won't sanction.
Yes they are all evil.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
FearGodinall:
How many MW is the present administration celebrating after two years in power.

The same 4000MW bro
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
StOla:

So when are we going to rise above the glass ceiling of 4000MWs, because it seems despite our increasing installed capacity, we always hover above and below the 4000MW baseline?

That's the multi million dollar question ..there is actually a ceiling Nigeria is not allowed to exceed and it might be a conspiracy by a lot of brokers from Fuel importers to generator sellers and finally darkness seller (I hope you know darkness is actually sold in Nigeria) ..I have noticed that anytime rise above 4000 MWS there must be a major gas pipeline sabotage within 48hrs please also try and take note

1 Like

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by StOla: 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
SalamRushdie:

That's the multi million dollar question ..there is actually a ceiling Nigeria is not allowed to exceed and it might be a conspiracy by a lot of brokers from Fuel importers to generator sellers and finally darkness seller (I hope you know darkness is actually sold in Nigeria) ..I have noticed that anytime rise above 4000 MWS there must be a major gas pipeline sabotage within 48hrs please also try and take note

I fully align with this thought.

There is a real and steadfast cabal that seems very determined and very alert to the danger that steady power poses to their own business. A cabal that goes as far beyond the Nigerian border as the term international. A cabal whose interest lies in both continued epileptic power and dependence on fuel importation.

The downstream petroleum products marketers and retailers seem to be the chief suspects here.

If the sole importation of diesel could make Femi Otedola a billionaire, now imagine him making these billions if Nigeria had steady power since the 1990s.

Just imagine the fuel consumed by industries, corporate offices, telecoms base stations, banks, residential estates, and the regular family homes on a daily basis.

Infact, a false economy has emerged out of the inefficiency of utility power supply. An economy that already has its own highly trained professionals from the the top level petroleum marketing to the retailers. An economy that will render many wretched if it were to be erased by the sudden efficiency of utility power supply. A viral economy whose contraction will automatically contract the legitimate host economy. An economy that will not sit back and be threatened.

1 Like

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by hibee4uall(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Obj u've said d truth only that u lack integrity to criticise gej...

Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small,contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
StOla:

I fully align with this thought.

There is a real and steadfast cabal that seems very determined and very alert to the danger that steady power poses to their own business. A cabal that goes as far beyond the Nigerian border as the term international. A cabal whose interest lies in both continued epileptic power and dependence on fuel importation.

The downstream petroleum products marketers and retailers seem to be the chief suspects here.

If the sole importation of diesel could make Femi Otedola a billionaire, now imagine him making these billions if Nigeria had steady power since the 1990s.

Just imagine the fuel consumed by industries, corporate offices, telecoms base stations, banks, residential estates, and the regular family homes on a daily basis.

Infact, a false economy has emerged out of the inefficiency of utility power supply. An economy that already has its own highly trained professionals from the the top level petroleum marketing to the retailers. An economy that will render many wretched if it were to be erased by the sudden efficiency of utility power supply. A viral economy whose contraction will automatically contract the legitimate host economy. An economy that will not sit back and be threatened.

Well Said .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by mekaboy(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Chyhappy:

Hahahahahah. Abeg no kill me with laugh

Na so now. No be only him photo you dey see?
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Twale Baba Aremu....pls remember to respond to Atiku too.....ese gan
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by positivetaught: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
If obasanjo is man enough let him openly criticise buhari, obasanjo is buhari's senior in every aspect of life but he shamelessly goes about bowing to buhari only to criticise Johnathan at every turn just because Johnathan refused to be his errand boy,old fool Johnathan has moved on but pain would not let you,just go on n keep fooling yourself that you alone knows it all.bloody sonwifefucker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Bomi(m): 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
I don't how the commentators here view governance! Apart from IBB and Obj no other regime has given the country Nigeria direction. You can anything on policies to the two regimes. The 2 regimes fail at the wrong succession plan put in place.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by greatman247(m): 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
As much as i don't like GEJ, OBJ is kettle calling the pot black. He is worst. OBJ is chief thief like GEJ.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
doctuw:
correction!he wasn't the first elected. Don't say that publicly.
who was the first
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by victor8269: 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Oga Jonathan wasn't listening that was y u kuku put in a man deaf on one ear. D same way he thinks making heaven is easier with a PhD in Theology. Well-done sir!!!

1 Like

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by TheKingIsHere: 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
BabaAduras:

You can abuse OBJ all you want, it does not change the FACTS we have on the ground.

The problem with most commentators on this platform is they do engage their brains and check out facts before posing their opinions on this platform.

To get to the FACTS, let us ask some begging questions (not limited) that will tell us who really failed Nigerians

1) How much was in our Foreign Reserve and Excess Crude Accounts when the OBJ and GEJ respectively took over power and at the end of their tenure?
2) How much Power were we generating when the OBJ and GEJ respectively took over power and at the end of their tenure?
3) What were Nigeria GDP when the OBJ and GEJ respectively took over power and at the end of their tenure?
4) What were our development Indices when the OBJ and GEJ respectively took over power and at the end of their tenure?

These are some of few questions we need to answer before we can compare the 2 Presidents.

I can tell you, while I am not a supporter of OBJ (because he is a thief - he had almost nothing when he came out of prison and he was a multi-billionaire by the time he was leaving the Presidency), base on obvious answers to the questions above, OBJ IS A SAINT COMPARED TO GEJ.

The bad of the whole case is that, I am not sure how much GEJ stole (also a thief - he was a poor lecturer and government worker and now a multi billionaire by the time he was leaving the Presidency), Nigeria and commonwealth of Nigerians were stolen blind with abundant recklessness during the tenure of GEJ. Right from his wife (Madam PEJ) to any Tom, Jack and Harry with PDP connection or militant connection to Ministers, Heads and Directors of Government offices and Religious Leaders and Traditional Leaders. I mean it was looting galore that cannot be compared to anything we have ever seen in the history of this country.

Stealing under Abacha and IBB pales when compared to stealing under GEJ. It was so reckless that money from the sales of Nigeria crude oil was been paid into individual accounts from where the amount that will go to the Federation account is based on the whims and caprice of these individuals.

I do agree that OBJ could found culpable for the CLUELESSNESS of GEJ because he helped installed GEJ as the President of Nigeria in the name of PDP.

I hope this will shed some lights on who failed Nigeria most of the two THEIVES.

critic9ja:
he should keep quiet and not speak the truth? obj is still the best prexy since the beginning of this new republic

Can you open a thread to prove that Obasanjo is the best President Nigeria ever had? I will be ready to counter this. Tag me if you are serious and not just talking out of tribalism and ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by victor8269: 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Can you open a thread to prove that Obasanjo is the best President Nigeria ever had? I will be ready to counter this. Tag me if you are serious and not just talking out of tribalism and ignorance
The guy is a clown, just ignore him
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by TheKingIsHere: 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
manikspears:

For where?at a point chemistry was made compulsory for art and commercial students during gej's time. most of you guys criticising obj for gej must be in primary school during the time of obj and abacha, if gej continued with obj's planned, things won't be the way it is today.
which of Obasanjo plans? Is it the one to make the dollar rise from N26 to over N140 in less than 8 years? Or is it the billions of dollars he wasted in phcn that yielded no results? Or is it the increment of fuel from N20 to N75 for no reason while still paying subsidy? I can go on and on. Obasanjo is the major reason why we are suffering today.

3 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by TheKingIsHere: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2017
In a sane country, people like Obasanjo should have been shot in the head for the evil he has brought upon this country.

2 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by SeunPRO: 12:22am On Aug 03, 2017
Pictures of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s house that was allegedly burgled by police guards has surfaced online.

The house located in Gwarinpa Abuja was completely stripped bare with all movable and immovable items including household furniture, electronics doors and door frames all stolen, according to a statement by the former President.

Giving details of the extent of looting that took place in the house, Jonathan’s spokesman Ikechukwu Eze said:
continue reading
http://www.vibexpress.com/see-goodluck-jonathans-house-looted-vandalised-police-guards-photos/

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Gkemz: 12:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Obasanjo should take his advice to Buhari who needs it most. He's a monumental failure. We are not asking for change. If buhari can take us to where Goodluck stopped, we'd be fine.

2 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Siscooh: 1:37am On Aug 03, 2017
It is very wrong for Obasanjo to take advantage of Jonathan for any reason and keep intimidating him with several negative comments. Baba should respect his age. IBB stole Naija but few people are still hurt. Please leave GEJ alone. He is not as smart and crookish like big you.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Siscooh: 1:40am On Aug 03, 2017
positivetaught:
If obasanjo is man enough let him openly criticise buhari, obasanjo is buhari's senior in every aspect of life but he shamelessly goes about bowing to buhari only to criticise Johnathan at every turn just because Johnathan refused to be his errand boy,old fool Johnathan has moved on but pain would not let you,just go on n keep fooling yourself that you alone knows it all.bloody sonwifefucker.
I really dislike Obasanjo for this. Every now and then. I feel like insulting him but for God. Rubbish!
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by emmanuelex1(m): 1:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 1:50am On Aug 03, 2017
aminulive:

http://politicsngr.com/2017/08/02/failed-nigerians-didnt-listen-obj-jibes-jonathan/

Obasanjo is very malicious. What happened to the $16 billion he wasted on energy? Besides, it wasn't Jonathan that succeeded him. It was Yar'Adua.

Even at that, Obasanjo forced Jonathan on us. He is to blame. Jonathan never dreamt of the presidency. He was too timid for that position.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 1:57am On Aug 03, 2017
beamtopola:
Yoruba's are devil. Between obj and Jonathan who fail Nigeria the most?
We are where we are today because of corruption obj. He brought us into this mess. God will wipe away entire sw .

Are you okay? Stop talking rubbish. God does not answer foolish requests. angry
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by davidif: 2:28am On Aug 03, 2017
beamtopola:
We are where we are today because of corruption obj. He brought us into this mess. God will wipe away entire sw .

Nope. We are here because of the first coup plotter, Nzeogwu.

2 Likes

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Bodexman(m): 2:29am On Aug 03, 2017
When will the blame game end?

All our past leaders have failed us. Biko

Even smaller countries with little resources have bigger Mega Watts than us.

You are all failure Mr Obj
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Duru009(m): 3:50am On Aug 03, 2017
Obj wasted $16billion on power. This man should be in jail now!!.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by 2016v2017: 4:06am On Aug 03, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
Obj it's u that pass Nigeria abi? U have every opportunity to transform Nigeria to a better country as the first elected civilian president but u destroyed it with ur greed.u 're here claiming saints.all of u 're dsame stop fooling the masses.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by BabaAduras: 4:18am On Aug 03, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

I never said OBJ is the best President Nigeria ever had. On the contrary, I believe he was one of the worst - he a thief as I earlier said and was so consumed with the 3rd term agenda that he did not prepare a successor. That was why he installed sick Yaradua and Clueless GEJ while there were host of credible successors both in PDP and other parties.

What I said was "OBJ IS A SAINT WHEN COMPARED TO GEJ". This is not based on tribalism but facts and figures.

If you really ask me, the Best President (ruler) we ever had in Nigeria was Muritala followed by the Buhari/Idiagbon combination. Buhari/Osinbajo is too early to call.
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by NewYorkCity: 4:21am On Aug 03, 2017
pot calling kettle black...
Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Deadlytruth(m): 4:27am On Aug 03, 2017
beamtopola:

Yorubas, being Obasanjo's brothers, knew that Obasanjo was evil and was going to be a monumental failure hence they rejected him in 1999. Ironically enough the other regions gave him bloc votes back then on the accolades that he is a "detribalized" and "patriotic" one-Nigeria "nationalist" thereby claiming implicitly that they knew the man more than his own brothers. But today these same folks heap on Yorubas the blame for Obasanjo's eight years misrule. Sometimes I wonder if Nigerians understand what it means to take responsibility for the consequences of one's choices.

1 Like

Re: "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan by Deadlytruth(m): 4:43am On Aug 03, 2017
BabaAduras:

I never said OBJ is the best President Nigeria ever had. On the contrary, I believe he was one of the worst - he a thief as I earlier said and was so consumed with the 3rd term agenda that he did not kilprepare a successor. That was why he installed sick Yaradua and Clueless GEJ while there were host of credible successors both in PDP and other parties.

What I said was "OBJ IS A SAINT WHEN COMPARED TO GEJ". This is not based on tribalism but facts and figures.

If you really ask me, the President (ruler) we ever had in Nigeria was Muritala followed by the Buhari/Idiagbon combination. Buhari/Osinbajo is too early to call.

There was no evil GEJ did which OBJ had not surpassed before GEJ came on board. Abacha was a saint when compared with OBJ. The genocides committed by OBJ in both Odi and Zakibiam were not replicated in GEJ's time. Any government that deliberately orders the killing of innocent citizens it is meant to protect as it's primarily role has failed altogether.
Obasanjo remains the worst president so far on the strength of the fact that only him twice had the opportunity to change Nigeria for good but in both cases left a legacy of genocide, corruption, election fraud, and all other vices that unmake a nation.

GEJ's only problems were that he was weak, lacked the political will to cause any concrete paradigm shift, pandered to the whims of the very Northern Oligarchy and their Southern collaborators from whose stranglehold he was voted to free the common man, was lukewarm and indifferent to the question of return to true federalism, and was a One-Nigerianist per excellence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Politician And His Brother Stab Themselves During Fight In Imo. Graphic Photos / Adekunle Akinlade Rejects Ogun Governorship Election Result, Allege Manipulation / Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.