Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? (2717 Views)

Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / 13 Steps To Pay For Your International Passport Online With N9000. / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Deeman(m): 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2005
I think the Nigerian Government resort to fight currruptionĀ  and terrorism is gaining traction. I stumbled at a news paper news on the launch of Nigeria Immigration Website www.immigration.gov.ng, I had thought that government will allow us to be able to get our passports online by filling the form and the 'real automate things' as is being obtained globally now..., but i was disappointed......do you really think government is serious?.... What do you guys think?
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by smartsoft(m): 2:27am On Dec 17, 2005
Hum.. Do you think Nigeria is kind of serious about it
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Farriel(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2005
Surely not.
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Deeman(m): 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2005
well, if we are serious and may be even agitate for this kind of improvement, they sure will be too.
lets ask for more, i believe thats where to begin from, what do you say smartsoft?
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:03am On Jan 08, 2006
ma guy.. no even try am.. i do not recall such processes being initiated by developed countries yet. just like eVoting this bland government has been touting to clean out corrupt voting practices in 2007.. na just pitch to chop more government money for nothing.. hope say u no be government pikin..

take time ooh.

I don do 4 international passports to date all with the same details and different numbers within 2 days.. (each one i.e) you wan come put am online.. ? na wa to you ooh.

Take am easy.. we nefa reach dat level.. make we just dey manage scratch card Visa application first
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Deeman(m): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2006
it seems nigerians are against epassport, well even if everything is not done online i believe some aspects of immigration services to both nigerians and foreigners can be done over the net at least to make the process easier.
i no be govt pikin, u hear.
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by joftech(m): 5:10am On Jan 22, 2006
It's not possible considering the fact that they will have to take a photshot of the applicant.

And also introducing that service will make obtaining a passport to be possible for just about anybody (Nigerian or not).

By the way that website is not it at all. Some poor design there.
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Akolawole(m): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2006
@Largerwhenindoubt

lagerwhenindoubt:

I don do 4 international passports to date all with the same details and different numbers within 2 days.. (each one i.e) you wan come put am online.. ? na wa to you ooh.

Why on earth would you apply for four passport at a time?
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Akolawole(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2006
Deeman:

I had thought that government will allow us to be able to get our passports online by filling the form and the 'real automate things' as is being obtained globally now...

My friend, can you tell me where in the whole world one can get passport online?
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by omon(m): 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2006
I tire oooo, even almighty Britain and USA do not process online passport. Like every other nation, we can now download and fill the form at our convenience. I also heard they will want to start online payments for the inter. passports to cut of the fraudulent immigration officers
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by rana2k5: 3:07pm On May 28, 2006
however this is not possible but can anybody let me know that if there is some posibility of checking the nigerian passport if its scammed or original one i am a new one to join but i would like to know if some one of you know about it then please send me information and u may email me ranaswl@gmail.com as well if you like to add some information to my knowledge
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by kazey(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2006
Can you name three countries, that you can apply for passports online, with their respective URLs?
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by Akolawole(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2006
@Kazey

Tell us the countries Sir!

I think Passport is such an important document that cannot be toiled with.
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by kazey(m): 8:31pm On May 29, 2006
Exactly, so why the topic? grin
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by idomababe(f): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2009
na wa fpr us oooo . how can someone have 4 passports , and we expect not to be over interrogated by immigration outside the country. We do not respect our passport and we expect others to show it some. kai my brothers what is wrong withus
Re: Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online? by omega25red(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
Deeman:

I think the Nigerian Government resort to fight currruption and terrorism is gaining traction. I stumbled at a news paper news on the launch of Nigeria Immigration Website www.immigration.gov.ng, I had thought that government will allow us to be able to get our passports online by filling the form and the 'real automate things' as is being obtained globally now, , but i was disappointed, do you really think government is serious?, What do you guys think?
getting your documents online require a fee. would you be willing to put your credit card number on such a website with all the corrupt people waiting to hack the system and get the number. better yet create a web page that would look similar just so they could rob you.
I think i'll rather stand in line be frustrated and pay with money order so i have proof. Besides in the U.S you apply for a passport through the post office not online

(1) (Reply)

Klm Airlines To Canada / A Year Business Visa To Moldova / British Green Card !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.