Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell (30590 Views)

Woman Lives With Her Intestines Hanging Outside After Surviving A Shooting In US / Nigerian Man, Efosa Silas Sick at UAE Hospital, Who Knows The Family? / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by ima4sure(f): 12:00am On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I honestly respect people wey get the mind to knack sickler.

I've tried it once.
Bad thing the girl was also asthmatic.

I was doing rebete on top of her,
Then her moans turned to groans
Then growls
Then it dawned on me this was not sounds of enjoyment but the pangs of death gripping the Nwaada.

Nwanne, I didn't know when my preek went limp
I started speaking in tongues and sat her upright using my chest to support her.
In the midst of my speaking in tongues, I was quickly calculating how to dispose the body if she died.
God saved me!

Before the break of dawn sef, I had discharge her to go with her problems.
Since then, once you tell me you are a sickler or asthmatic, I make Usain Bolt look like a learner.

u no go kill person for this nairaland ooo
chai...lol
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by EagleScribes: 12:00am On Aug 03, 2017
jaxxy:
Is sickle cell just a black mans disease or an African mans disease?

It's more common among the blacks
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by jaxxy(m): 12:09am On Aug 03, 2017
EagleScribes:

It's more common among the blacks

Yh dats wat i heard bt do black Americans have it? I don't think so
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 03, 2017
jaxxy:

Yh dats wat i heard bt do black Americans have it? I don't think so
yes,very common to them
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by mercyland93(m): 12:33am On Aug 03, 2017
How will u not survive, when all d necessary things are put in place with money.
Money answer a lot of things, if not u can ask buhari.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by bamisho: 12:45am On Aug 03, 2017
jaxxy:
Is sickle cell just a black mans disease or an African mans disease?

No its not just black people. AL Countries where Malaria was prevalent have it. Sickle cell was nature's wayof trying to adapt to malaria which was deadly at that point. People with sickle cell are actally less affected by malaria. Unfortunately it created bigger issues while Malaria became more managable.

Countries with Sickle Cell are : Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey, Greece, Italy and parts of south America, the Caribbean and Central America.

Education is just what makes it less in th countries plus less population in most of them.

Typing on my phone so pls forgive typos

1 Like

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 03, 2017
Congratulations are in order ma'am.

Getting pregnant and having kids-two of my major fears.

Being a warrior no be beans.

1 Like

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by bamisho: 12:49am On Aug 03, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
Hey Fam

There is nothing like a sick cell survival you know...

You can survive it until age of 40 and the next minute, Bang! That's it.

I had a girlfriend from Ondo town in Ondo state who was a sick cell, we all thought she has survived it at about 34 years of age but to the surprise of everybody, she died as a result of sick cell when it was least expected.

However, i prayed the story of this lady ll be different from others. Amen!

Abeg stop spreading false negativity. Many people with sickle cell now live much longer.

A woman in her 90s or infrastructure 80s was recently celebrated.

My father who drank like a fish and didn't even take care of himself lived to his 60s.

Plus I have an Uncle that was a Professor and Medical Doctor and lived well into his seventies.

A lot of progress has been made and the average life span is increasing regularly

6 Likes

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by lollarj(f): 12:54am On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I've tried it once.

Then growls
Then it dawned on me this was not sounds of enjoyment but the pangs of death gripping the Nwaada.

I started speaking in tongues and sat her upright using my chest to support her.
In the midst of my speaking in tongues, I was quickly calculating how to dispose the body if she died.
God saved me!

Since then, once you tell me you are a sickler or asthmatic, I make Usain Bolt look like a learner.

Weray ni e.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by pinky85: 1:02am On Aug 03, 2017
bamisho:

Abeg stop spreading false negativity. Many people with sickle cell now live much longer.

My father who drank like a fish and didn't even take care of himself lived to his 60s.

Plus I have an Uncle that was a Professor and Medical Doctor and lived well into his seventies.

A lot of progress has been made and the average life span is increasing regularly

I'm well into my forties...its not been easy but I'm taking each day at a time....a lot of others I know
are long gone. I thank God for his mercies.

6 Likes

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by bamisho: 1:13am On Aug 03, 2017
pinky85:

I'm well into my forties...its not been easy but I'm taking each day at a time....a lot of others I know
are long gone. I thank God for his mercies.

Yes God is indeed awesome. Just stay positive and also remember that many people who didn't have sickle cell also passed on even before their 40s,

As of 2016 The average life span of a Nigerian man is actually 54 years while that of Nigerian women is 55years. While the average life span for the average person with sickle cell is 42 for men and 48 for women.

Nigeria actually has one of the lowest life expectancy in the world.

So when you look at those statistics you realize it's as dire as people paint in terms of life span esp as it relates to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:46am On Aug 03, 2017
THANK YOU JESUS!
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I've tried it once.

Then growls

God saved me!

I hope you know that your creator doesn't like jokes?
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Sterope:
AhluSunnah

Is this not what you and that evil man called Jabata are clamouring for?

WHO MADE THEM TO BE SICKLE SELLER?(sic). . . . WHO CAUSED THEM THE PAINS? WHO MADE OR MAKES THEM TO SUFFER? Science or ALLAH? . . . and having gen0type test is a guarantee that you w0nt have sickle celler 0r suffer what is w0rse than sickle cell? . .. . 0. .
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Abali1(m): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2017
bamisho:

No its not just black people. AL Countries where Malaria was prevalent have it. Sickle cell was nature's wayof trying to adapt to malaria which was deadly at that point. People with sickle cell are actally less affected by malaria. Unfortunately it created bigger issues while Malaria became more managable.

Countries with Sickle Cell are : Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey, Greece, Italy and parts of south America, the Caribbean and Central America.

Education is just what makes it less in th countries plus less population in most of them.

Typing on my phone so pls forgive typos
The S gene (and not sickle cell) was nature's way of protecting those living in malaria prevalent environment. That is why those with AS genotype are more resistant to malaria than those with AA..or SS.. genotype.

2 Likes

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by cochtrane(m): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Abali1(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2017
bamisho:

Brotherly, why are you getting yourself worked up because of ignorant people?
I live with Sickle cell and I always tell the Nay sayers that my God is God that fetches water with a Basket to disgrace the bucket.
My mum's friend, a warrior, is almost into her 70s that is if she has not already crossed the 70s mark.
Some of my classmates in the secondary who weren't SS... are 6ft below. So why should I fear, when I Trust in God.
Some said we cannot impregnate women and have our own babies, but many of us are carrying their children.
Some say, we are not strong enough to endure the rigors of corporate enterprises, but many of us excel in our different careers and business, despite the odds.
Sickle cell doesn't define me or any other Warrior.
Congratulations Anne Welsh.

7 Likes

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Abali1(m): 7:23am On Aug 03, 2017
cochtrane:

No, it's not just common among blacks. It's a black man's disease. The same way certain diseases are limited to white people. If you find a white person with sickle cell anemia, then you can trace a black man down his earlier ancestors.
Please this is falsehood. Yes, blacks have more number of people living with sickle cell, doesn't mean that other races don't have equally high number of people living with sickle cell. And No, it's not a black man's disease.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Abali1(m): 7:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Chi59:
Congratulations are in order ma'am.

Getting pregnant and having kids-two of my major fears.

Being a warrior no be beans.
You have survived this long, not by your power or might. Him, who have led you this far, will continue to hold up.

4 Likes

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by cochtrane(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2017
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by cochtrane(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2017
There's no reason to sugar-coat it. The disease originated from Africa. The white persons who have it almost certainly had a black ancestor.

Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Lionhearted: 7:44am On Aug 03, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
Hey Fam

I had a girlfriend from Ondo town in Ondo state who was a sick cell, we all thought she has survived it at about 34 years of age but to the surprise of everybody, she died as a result of sick cell when it was least expected.

People do survive it. I know of a family in which all the five children are SS. All survived, all married with the youngest of them 36 years old now.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by AdorableJosh(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
Hey Fam

Actually there are sickle cell survivors, though I think I understand you misgiving. I know a sickle cell survivor in his late 50s. The problem is we are so medically backeard in this side of the world where there are next to nothing concerning proper medications and treatments for the sufferers, another thing is, the treatment is very expensive. But thankfully there have been medical breakthrough. SCD patients can now live a relatively full life with proper care.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by AdorableJosh(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2017
To those with little or non existent knowledge about the disease, SCD is not a black man disease, it is just common among us. You can do some research on th internet and if you're too lazy it is unwise to be arguing with those who are sharing the facts with you.

There are whites living with the disease as well as people from other continent, the Sickle Cell Day held earlier this year showcased many people living with the disease shedding lights on their journey. No one is immune from sickle cell disease if their parents are not genotype compatible. Educate yoursleves please.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by abumereose: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2017
poor state of mind
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by Abali1(m): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2017
cochtrane:

Why not prove this? It's a black man's disease, pure and simple.
What other proof do you need? The people of South America, some people from India and other races and nations do have Sickle cell.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by MrHenshaw: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol.Hypocrisy is when you make a statement that contradicts your dp.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by MrHenshaw: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol.Hypocrisy is when you make a statement that contradicts your dp.
Re: Anne Welsh Welcomes 2nd Child After Surviving Sick Cell by megamank(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2017
it okay. i can see u where fully prepared for this. with the standard of health facilty i see in this picture there is no reason to be scared..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Treat Yeast Infection With These Home Remedies / What Is The Alternative Cure For Hepatitis B / Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.