Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) (36622 Views)

Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) / June Wanza, Kenyan Lady Dies During Breast Enlargement Surgery. Pics / African Doctor Performs Successful Foot Reimplantation Surgery(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:

It is but many are still managed, imagine if it is a third world nation, besides there is a difference between cancer and tumor. Most cases we have here are tumours .

Since people are still dying from it in large numbers even in the "first world" it will be nice if you stop judging the "third world"
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Dubem85: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2017
You are healed
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by nkemdi89(f): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2017
teamsynergy:

always easy to blame the common people... is there any prove that the guy drinks beer??....

do you know how hard it is to do ordinary blood test in most govt hospitals?

people hardly get a break from their energy sapping job in Naija. so going to hospitals to wait in a long queue without any assurance of being attended to is not really an easy option...

Nigerians abroad take caution, do check up etc.. do you know y?
their institutions work....
You repeated the same thing I said, if you read very I mentioned the challenges people face in accessing healthcare in Nigeria, but one thing you should understand, that shouldn't deter you because your health is paramount to anything else, and in the beer issue, its just an exchange or value or amount, its doesn't really indicates that he consumes beer.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by nkemdi89(f): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

Since people are still dying from it in large numbers even in the "first world" it will be nice if you stop judging the "third world"
Let me ask you when last have you gone for ordinary sugar or blood test whenever you feel feverish? I believe you just assumed that it's malaria or thypiod , and you end going to a pharmacist or patent drug dealers to get any drug, based on past medical history or symptoms. Nigerians like avoiding blames, but have will you get a solution if you don't diagonised the problem. I don't know where you reside, but take a trip to the hinter lands or many commercial cities, people are too busy looking for money thereby ignoring any signs in their body, while many are too poor, ignorant or naive to go about their medical issues.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by teamsynergy: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:

You repeated the same thing I said, if you read very I mentioned the challenges people face in accessing healthcare in Nigeria, but one thing you should understand, that shouldn't deter you because your health is paramount to anything else, and in the beer issue, its just an exchange or value or amount, its doesn't really indicates that he consumes beer.

you seem to blame the poor guy. he prolly found this out early and doesn't have the financial strength to go for surgery ... since there is no cheap health care or insurance, he had to go online to seek the needed help....

health sector and education is very paramount. but here in naija , nothing is more important than looting and a lot of people are ready to defend and die for these mediocre leaders....
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2017
Thank @kokunfoundation for this
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Sagay212: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2017
Glory be to God. People should always endeavour to go for check ups and screenings. It will help to stay safe and detect any form of infection in the body and probably get fast solution to it.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by jrusky(m): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2017
I'm delighted this guy finally got help.

Much thanks to those that footed the bill.

Get well soon.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by jide333(m): 10:59am On Aug 03, 2017
LIE UPON LIE.... THAT THIRD PICTURE IS FAKE!!!!! THAT'S AN OLD PIC AND IT'S NOT IN NIGERIA!!! THEN LOOK AT THE 4TH PIX, LOOKS LIKE IN NIGERIA!!!! NA WAH OOOH
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by stormborn28(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2017
vivypretty:
quick recovery.
Senator Apabio and his likeness for pvssy did not even render help to this man....Oma sr ooooo
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by millhouse: 11:25am On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:
One of the major problem of Nigeria and most third world nations is that people don't go for medical test, sometimes most of this diseases could be handled before getting to a critical stage, we don't mind spending money on beers, while an hospital card in most public health centres is less than the cost of two bottles of beer. Even the educated ones among us sees going to the hospital as a stress and time consuming , couple with the bureaucratic processes involve. The bottom line is early detection saves life and cost.
my broda I wish it's as easy as u say it's only the private hospital that you can walk in and just request for a general checkup and you have to consider your pocket on this. Imagine the financial status of the young man and going to the govt hospitals is something else these days. Let me give u a fair instance. I decided to visit luth on Monday as an outpatient for general checkup. I left my office by 9am and got there by 10.15am. It took me almost 25mins to get an audience from one of the staff at the outpatient unit as the place was like a market square, only to be informed that I have to pay 1k registration to see a Dr as a first timer then N600 naira per subsequent visits. However payment closes by 10am thus I have to come back the next day. I couldn't go back on Tuesday due to other engagement thus rescheduled to go on Wednesday. Pronto on Wednesday morning woke up early and hurried to the teaching hospital so I can conclude with them and get on with other activities for the day only to be informed that Wednesday is only for staff of the teaching hospital that I should return back on Thursday. So I have not even paid to book see a doctor and the running around has already commenced just for general checkup. Imagine what of those that need urgent medical care.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Vacora(m): 11:35am On Aug 03, 2017
Coming from someone with a loved also fighting cancer, it is a horrible disease. It does not respect age, gender, sex, race or how much you have in your account or how fit you are. It is so prevalent now. It is heartbreaking. Wishing the young man all the best. Don't neglect or ignore having a biopsy done.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by majorcases: 11:47am On Aug 03, 2017
thank God for successful surgery.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by ajademola2000(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Great
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by djlyrics(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
thank God for a successful surgery
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by nkemdi89(f): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
millhouse:
my broda I wish it's as easy as u say it's only the private hospital that you can walk in and just request for a general checkup and you have to consider your pocket on this. Imagine the financial status of the young man and going to the govt hospitals is something else these days. Let me give u a fair instance. I decided to visit luth on Monday as an outpatient for general checkup. I left my office by 9am and got there by 10.15am. It took me almost 25mins to get an audience from one of the staff at the outpatient unit as the place was like a market square, only to be informed that I have to pay 1k registration to see a Dr as a first timer then N600 naira per subsequent visits. However payment closes by 10am thus I have to come back the next day. I couldn't go back on Tuesday due to other engagement thus rescheduled to go on Wednesday. Pronto on Wednesday morning woke up early and hurried to the teaching hospital so I can conclude with them and get on with other activities for the day only to be informed that Wednesday is only for staff of the teaching hospital that I should return back on Thursday. So I have not even paid to book see a doctor and the running around has already commenced just for general checkup. Imagine what of those that need urgent medical care.
You really don't have to go to luth before you can have a medical attention, what happen to your primary health care centers? Its only when your case is complicated that you are referred to luth or other bigger hospitals, early detection saves you the headache of going to luth, my own case for example, back then I went to ojo health center and when the doctor saw it was beyond what they could handled, I was referred to Massey in island. Not going at all would have result to blindness for me. So many people see unusual things on their body, but they ignore it as long as they are not incapacitated yet.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Adaezemum(f): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
I wish him quick recovery.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by bez76: 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
check out yesterday ticket that won, only a trial will convince you.... see details below

Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Affable200(m): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
Quick recovery.God is with u.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
teamsynergy:

you seem to blame the poor guy. he prolly found this out early and doesn't have the financial strength to go for surgery ... since there is no cheap health care or insurance, he had to go online to seek the needed help....

health sector and education is very paramount. but here in naija , nothing is more important than looting and a lot of people are ready to defend and die for these mediocre leaders....
Absolutely! true!
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by lovingyouhun: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Wish him quick recovery
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by mechanics(m): 11:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
i wish him successful surgery
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by Nigeriadondie: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

But in first world countries, patients dont ve to publicize their ailment soliciting for until they get treatment. There is a well organized system in place. Well u ve never stepped ur feet on a first world countries u will be amazed.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics) by deewhaaat(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
I wish u quick recovery! May the good GOD heal u. Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Will Be Having Hemorrhoids (pile) Surgery In Few Days / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.