Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience (36530 Views)

My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by obiekunie01: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
PICTURES OF YOU TAKING IT OR IDBT!

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

am glad you confirmed no one was there - it shows Nigerians are smarter!

Malaria that has been reeking havoc in Africa to date and no vaccines for it!

nansens paid influencers!

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Congratulations and welcome to the experimentation. I took moderna 28th of August. My second dose will be 28th of this month.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

You can believe what ever you want, you are entitled to it, even a stupid man is entitled to his stupidity.
You don't want COVID-19 vaccine but you took BCG, polio and measles vaccines, you use the internet you didn't discover, even the malaria drugs available were not discovered by Africans.

Visit
https://naijapharmacist./?m=1
for more info

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:
Congratulations and welcome to the experimentation. I took moderna 28th of August. My second dose will be 28th of this month.
That's cool, I was waiting for the vaccine to be available so that I can take mine.
Like I wrote, I had COVID-19 during that first wave and it wasn't funny, even during the lock down, I was going to work and somehow I contracted it, it is not what I would wish even my worst enemy to have.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

That's cool, I was waiting for the vaccine to be available so that I can take mine.
Like I wrote, I had COVID-19 during that first wave and it wasn't funny, even during the lock down, I was going to work and somehow I contracted it, it is not what I would wish my worst enemy to have.

My story is similar. I contacted covid19 in the first wave around April. I suffered almost everything someone would suffer, except for dying. I had throat problems, shortness of breath, 3 times I had sudden inability to breath, blood cloth.

I later developed long covid syndrome (what they call long haul or long covid). I suffered from it till this year. It's been a horrible journey with lots of money spent. I still have reduced exercise ability and post exertion malaise.

I had wanted to take the vaccine but wasn't sure of how it would impact my long haul syndrome. Some people experience relief, other had worse situations after the vaccine. I was in a dilemma.

So when I contact covid19 again this August and from all my experiences, it seems to correct a greater part of my long haul syndrome, i decided it was time for the vaccine and was fortunate it was moderna they offered and I became a Guinea pig.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mehn i really don't know about dissing this,so amah pass.undecided

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by BadNews: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
No Be Small Thing ooooo

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by conkhoemevui: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Okes
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by NewDelhi(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lab rat. I hope in future you won't be complaining of poor erection and low sperm count

SportsHD:
When I had my jabs last month, my arm hurt for like three days.

Well, maybe you can bring your mom and, I could try and see if my erection still works. grin
She's far away in the UK. Why not try out your father's wife instead? She's closer to you at least.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ancecoker(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
shocked
Thanks brother..

With this I am gonna go get vaccinated

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by careytommy37(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by blueyonder6: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
shocked
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Passionate888: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by DropsMic(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
La take the injection la bend

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by superCleanworks(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
ok
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

You can believe what ever you want, you are entitled to it, even a stupid man is entitled to his stupidity.
You don't want COVID-19 vaccine but you took BCG, polio and measles vaccines, you use the internet you didn't discover, even the malaria drugs available were not discovered by Africans.

Lol

Na fight? grin

6 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Bbbwings: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
I took the second dose in june
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Jerryherd: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2021

Make I go collect oo

Covid isn't a joke, it's pneumonia plus asthma all served with loads of all other gifts from the devil to make doctors and nurses fustrate your entire life

I have vowed never to argue with anyone who says it's not real

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Eagle360(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
Covid19 is real no doubt but this government that proclaim sudden love to the masses through covid19 vaccine is baffling me. They hid palliative but now vaccine is free undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by SportsHD: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
When I had my jabs last month, my arm hurt for like three days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ahmed4002(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

Like I wrote, I had COVID-19 during that first wave and it wasn't funny, even during the lock down, I was going to work and somehow I contracted it, it is not what I would wish my worst enemy to have.

Not your worst enemy you don't pray to get covid

Had similar encountered with this virus some few months ago.
It was deadly and life threatening for me. Thank God for the survival.

I had to rush and get the MRNA vaccine immediately, no need of taking second chance.

I rather die of the vaccine shots than experiencing what covid did to me.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by cocococo: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
Now get ready for the side effects this night. I have had both doses. For the first dose especially, I had serious fever—over 39•C, headache, delirium and worst of all, severe body aches. But it subsides gradually over the next 2 days from the time of the injection. Congrats.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by The5DME(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
[[s]quote author=NewDelhi post=105881987]Lab rat. I hope in future you won't be complaining of poor erection and low sperm count [/quote][/s]
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ekejoestar(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
J
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by JubrinElSudan: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:

cos Africans are waiting for the whites to produce Malaria vaccine for us. The white immediately developed a covid vaccine immediately it started causing havoc for the world. Since Malaria is causing havoc in Africa, Africa should develop it's vaccine

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by chatinent: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
How does you arm feel?
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by dhardline(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Let those who want to take it go ahead and those who don't should be allowed to stay without it. The vaccine does not stop you from getting covid, it's only said to reduce the symptoms. Those who have taken it can also spread it just as much if not more than those who have not taken it(it's all public knowledge, read people). In the USA last year when there was no vaccine and now when there is a vaccine and more than 60 percent already vaccinated they still have relatively the same infection rates(public knowledge once again) Isreal is about to enforce the 4th booster shot and with the way things are going there will be a 5th,6th,7th until God knows when.

In this country we rarely keep records that the public can access easily, if we do we'll notice the same things here too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Sonnobax15(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.