Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? (32432 Views)

Neymar Grooving To Burna Boy’s "Ye" (Video) / Najila Trindade: Brazilian Police File Defamation Suit Against Neymar's Accuser / Cristiano Ronaldo's ₦6.5b Bugatti:9 Things You Could Buy With The Price Tag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by cnnamoko(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2017
My bro thats d biz of football
smithsydny:
I asked my guy in Milan how much to watch UCL ac Milan he said that last sit i mean up up.. Is 150 euro? I was like shocked that means that coach sitting will be 500 euro nah.. U can imagine..
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by oleeee(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2017
dkronicle:
i don dey buy football kits for all my pikin... after God, they must embrace football.. must. by force.. i will even impregnate their mother in goal post so they will become strikers. na strikers earn money pass na
I just pray the spirit of goal keeper no catch am
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by dkronicle(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
oleeee:
I just pray the spirit of goal keeper no catch am
never o...
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by Kay17: 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Okay. This is how it will be. PSG intends giving him the Number 10 shirt. Now, imagine such an iconic number on a shirt with "Neymar JR" emblazoned on it, with all the fuss made up in his transfer saga and him being the current World's Most Expensive Player. There would surely be a mad struggle for that shirt.

Shirt sales will hit the roof just like what happened when Man United bought Pogba and Ibrahimovic. (They got Pogba's fee back the same day they unveiled him).

Also, I read somewhere that the PSG president intends making Neymar a Qatar Ambassador ahead of the 2022 World Cup. With such a face as popular as that, they will generate a lot of revenue through sponsorships and image rights.

Bro, I tell you, PSG will get the money back. Just watch and see. Football is a mad business now. grin

1. Shirt sales do not recoup the transfer fee made on a player. Why? Because the clubs have no control over the purchase or sale of the shirts. They licence Adidas or Nike or any other merchandise company to sell shirts in the club's name. The merchandise deal worth a fixed amount over a long stretch of years. So the purchase of Neymar does not influence the money PSG gets from its licenced merchandise sponsor.

See these sites

http://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/how-a-transfer-really-works-agents-tapping-up-whatsapp-and-why-clubs-cant-recoup-fees-with-shirt-sales

http://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/how-a-transfer-really-works-agents-tapping-up-whatsapp-and-why-clubs-cant-recoup-fees-with-shirt-sales

2. If the president of PSG wants Neymar to be the face of the Qatar world cup then that is a different kettle of fish because Neymar's present contract is with PSG not the president or the Qatari world cup committee. More money will be shelled out to persuade Neymar to be their ambassador.

So at the end of the day the deal would have to be financed through the regular channels of revenue. PSG is not number one or among the top 10 top revenue generating clubs. Man Utd the present number one above Real Madrid and Barcelona made 515.3 million pounds. PSG made 521 million euros in revenue with a lesser operating income.

In effect Neymar is actually sponsored on debt that could burden the club for years.

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

https://www.forbes.com/teams/paris-saint-germain/
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by Mrjo(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
In2systemsTech:
I Don start to play ball today
abeg carry me as u dey go
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by Kay17: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
foxyk:
A top surgeon earns less in a year than what Neymar will get in a week! at PSG. Ridiculous! It's not a sport now: it's a corrupt, ruthless business, devoid of all integrity and humanity.

Neymar has spent his youth perfecting his skills with the ball and maintain a top notch physical condition but in the mean time he has not acquired any other skill or ability that would enable him earn a likelihood for the rest of his life. Therefore he ought to compensated for the opportunity cost for other skills and further education.

A surgeon on the other hand can sustain himself irrespective of his physical conditioning for over 40 years down the line.

1 Like

Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by Ursino(f): 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
Aviero:
Just imagine if Neymar now flops..

Like Fernando Torrez back then in Chelsea ! hahahahahaha

White elephant project looming !
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by ernieboy(m): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Neymar's fee is far more than the total IGR of the SE.
LOL. dats is wicked guy.
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by ernieboy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
Donald3d:
Feeding all the hungry kids in Nigeria and putting them in school cry cry
buying a top player like neymar is not only for the goals he will score, the club will also make money from various marketing schemes using the player's image.
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by AOSamson(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
sleeveless:

They didn't say d "most corrupt" richest man in the world.
Forbes doesn't estimate the worth of politicians
don't be deceive Diezani $90billion story is a fairytale, it is over hypes, the richest man in the world is worth $90billion
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by egokudiowomoney: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
he can share N35,000 to each people in Ekiti state
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
cnnamoko:
My bro thats d biz of football
I was shocked ooo.. Even to enter the stadium not on match day ooo.. U go pay 50 euro ooo.. My guy just hang for gate they snap oo..
Re: What You Can Buy For The Price Of One Neymar? by goalisma(m): 12:14am On Jan 28, 2018
The reason, why we are better without Neymar, says Messi.
http://www.goalismafooty.com.ng/2018/01/27/neymar-move-made-us-better-messi/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alexi Vidal Suffers Bone-Exposing Injury After Using Cardboard As Shin Pads / English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists / South Africa's 800m Gold Medal Favourite Accuse Of Being A Man Before Race (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.