Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Personal Hygiene Tips For Women - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Personal Hygiene Tips For Women (23637 Views)

Food Poisoning: FG Advise Nigerians To Practice Personal Hygiene / Basic Hygiene Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy / NAHAC 2018: WHO Task Nigeria On Personal Hygiene, Community Sanitation, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by salabscholar01(m): 5:40am On Aug 03, 2017
ok
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by leslimark(m): 5:46am On Aug 03, 2017
No offense intended so please, puh - leese! don't take it personal. I worked at The May Company in Los Angeles, California many years ago and was what you would call a Floater (wherever they needed me) and was in the Linens Department. A very attractive woman walked up and I proceeded to ring her up. I noticed a sharp hint of body odor and thought I had forgotten to use my under arm smell goods. I quickly realized it wasn't me but the woman who had approached me to be rung up. She was of Middle Eastern descent and she had a very strong scent of body odor! I was trying to ring her things up while taking short, really quiet breaths and I kept thinking this woman is beautiful and yet she smells like this. I was shocked and didn't understand why this could be so. I was told by others that some women from the Middle East are submissive and were not allowed to use deodorant and other worldly things as it is not acceptable to their people. Is this true? No offense intended!
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by dingbang(m): 5:54am On Aug 03, 2017
sandrahnaub:

point 7

It is not advisable to use soap to wash down there
Antiseptic especially.

The vagina is a self-cleaning oven. The vagina has it’s own pH level, so it’s supposed to be acidic [and the level should be] no less than 4.5. When we start adding all of the antibacterial soap what happens is you kill off the bacteria that is supposed to be there that creates the eco-system for the vagina and controls the acidity. When you destroy the normal pH of the vagina then you now have vaginal dryness and you’ve allowed yeast and bacterial vaginosis to overgrow, which of course creates discomfort and in a lot of cases odor.

Just use clean water.
if the vagina is a self cleaning oven then why are a lot of pussies stinking upandan?

3 Likes

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Sly2017: 5:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Good one but I disagree with point 7[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Sly2017: 5:58am On Aug 03, 2017
kstyle2:
Still don't get why some ladies do not shave. It's disgusting
Some ladies say its highly uncomfortable for them.
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Bisjosh(f): 6:02am On Aug 03, 2017
kstyle2:
Still don't get why some ladies do not shave. It's disgusting

Some men ask their women not to shave
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Nov6(m): 6:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Mavrick2012:
@number 9:"don't wear tight bra", Hmmmm, at op, so that the "fallen hero" will become toooo obvious? Slay Queens in the house, this op na bad bello o. How many ladies, @ages 16 and above, have standing bwest? Abeg allow them jor, no leak secret. Lol

1 Like

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by obi24(f): 6:28am On Aug 03, 2017
A clean vagina should smell like an Onion......ladies take note.
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by sugaslim(m): 6:39am On Aug 03, 2017
abike12:
Omg ladies please don't wash your v*gina with antiseptic soap, this is very bad advice. This can offset the pH of your vagina and lead to yeast infections or kill off good bacteria and lead to bacteria vaginosis (fish smell). You can wash your outer labia with a mild soap but your vagina requires only water (yes only water). No need to put your fingers inside to wash, a healthy v*gina is a self cleaning organ. If you notice any smell or excessive discharge see your doctor (not chemist) to treat it instead of masking it with soaps and douching, untreated infections can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease and infertility. These companies like summer's eve prey on our insecurities to sell all these products that we don't need. Please don't use antiseptic soap after sex undecided undecided undecided undecided
Very good advice.

1 Like

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Sulenyawo081: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2017
jeloser:

1.Wash After Urinating: Every time you pass urine, there is chance of developing infection. The uric acid from the urine remains in the few left over drops. So wash your genitals with water and then wipe it dry with toilet paper.

2.Keep Pelvic Region Shaved: Pelvic hair is the cause of many infections. So shave off pelvic hair regularly. It is not a cosmetic but health prerogative.

3.Change Underwear Regularly: You need to change your underwear at least twice daily. Wearing the same underwear for a long time make it soggy and dampness is a storehouse of infections.

4.Use Panty Liners: When you are having increased vaginal discharge (during ovulation) use panty liners. They are not as thick as pads but they absorb the discharge instantly.

5.Change Pads Every 4 hours: No matter how little you bleed during your menstruation, you need to change pads every 4 hours on all 5 days. This is to ensure that the stale blood doesn’t cause any vaginal infection.

6.Keep Armpits Shaved: Armpit hair is the main cause of body odour. So keep your armpits clean. It also prevents sweaty armpits.

7.Wash After Intercourse: Once you are sexually active, you have opened yourself up to many sexually transmitted infections. So always wash your genitals with an antiseptic soap after you get intimate.

8.Don’t Hold Back Urine: You must not hold back pee when you feel the urge to urinate. This is very bad for your kidneys. And it also makes you prone to urinary infections.

9.Don’t Wear Tight Bras: Many women make the mistake of wearing the wrong size of bra. Tight bras are extremely unhealthy for you. They can even lead to tumors and cause blood circulation problems. If you have skin rashes, it might be due to tight bras.

1. False. Ladies, DO NOT WASH YOUR VAG EVERY TIME YOU PEE... u are exposing yourself to yeast infections by interfering with pH levels too regularly, you're also exposing yourself to a lot of germs that you've come in contact with through out the day(except u dont pee at work or school or something), there are germs in toilets that are not your own, dont even risk it by touching the tap and then using those same hands to sprinkle on your cooch, wait till u get home and shower, just use wipes ... the only smart pee rule which surprise surprise was not mentioned is wipe front to back always.

2. Actually shaving causes more infections and bumps and any neat girl who's generous with her showers can keep her pubes if she chooses, shaving is more cosmetic than it is for health, an unshaved pussy even keeps neater but these days, neatness is more about how much attention is paid to what.. dont let this thread make u shave your pubes if you prefer to keep them. it's actually healtier that way, PS i wax every 3 wks so i'm not being defensive here.

3. the number of times you change your undies a day depends on how much bodily fluid you secrete down there, if u secrete a lot, no need to carry extra panties around and carry a worn pant 2nd half of the day, just buy panty liners and change each time u feel damp. if you have normal secretion, no need for liners or changing.

4. Correct.

5. False. menstrual blood is not considered alien to the body that secreted it to cause an infection in mere 4 hrs. ladies when your pad is almost full, change it, there's no timing the body, follow your own pace. just dont go past 8 hrs, even if it's the last day and the blood is slow, just change. if u use tampons like me, same thing, no timing, our bodies know what's up.

6. same with 2, if u can take care of your armpit hair and choose to keep it, dont be pressured into shaving it, body odour is caused by poor hygiene amount of armpit hair is irrelevant, there are guys here with bald armpits that smell like fufu and most guys i know with armpit hair know how to keep clean and they always smell good, it's same for girls.

7. wash after intercourse if u like, not compulsory, just try to pee after sex, it keeps your urinary tract clean from whatever might have tried to get in and wipe afterwards, i'm gonna assume we all know that ladies dont pee from their vagina, so those who think that and pee after sex to flush out sperm to reduce chances of pregnancy, it's futile. if u must wash, never put soap in your coochie, that is a lie from the pit of hell, the external part u can wash with soap, by coochie i mean the actual hole like if u try to finger yourself that place u dig in, NEVER put soap in it, never pour water into it either with a bowl or with the shower head, you are risking a watery yeast infection, just rinse the surface and fold of the vag, never dig in with water or soap. the rest of your vulva can handle soap, mild ones though, your clit, labia, u can wash with soap but NEVER antiseptic soap. it fu<ks with your balance. ALWAYS USE A CONDOM if you and your partner are not being exclusive.

8. false, your kidneys have nothing to do with restrained urine, when a person is holding urine, it's already in the bladder waiting for release, you can hold your pee if you have to, the human body is not stupid, the bladder has its limits and if u keep holding it, u will pee on yourself. just dont restrain urine while you're peeing, it weakens the urethra, let it flow freely.

9. anything tight interferes with circulation, pants, shoes, bra, jeans, belt. this really isn't girl-specific, it applies to all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Chukabiz1961(m): 6:52am On Aug 03, 2017
The hair is there for a purpose. Shaving it is not the answer but keeping it clean.

2 Likes

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Sagay212: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2017
A lot of shi.t going on in the vagina....lol...happy to be man. We got loads of girls who spend so much time and money on make ups and ignore their pussy. The go around destroying guys sense of smell with their stinky pussy.
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by tunary(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2017
every time when woman piss she must wash her Toto? that one no be small work o
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by 12345baba(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Afonjastinks1:

I will never touch any girl that doesn't shave, i don't mean trimming, i mean clean shaven

A vagina will always smell like a vagina no matter how many times you wash it

A clean vagina smells and tastes like an open fresh wound or flesh

If you see the girl i wanted to have sex with yesterday,
she's an Angel, very beautiful but her vagina smells like rotten elephant and bad decisions

her vagina was stinking like afonjas
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Urukpe: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2017
leslimark:
No offense intended so please, puh - leese! don't take it personal. I worked at The May Company in Los Angeles, California many years ago and was what you would call a Floater (wherever they needed me) and was in the Linens Department. A very attractive woman walked up and I proceeded to ring her up. I noticed a sharp hint of body odor and thought I had forgotten to use my under arm smell goods. I quickly realized it wasn't me but the woman who had approached me to be rung up. She was of Middle Eastern descent and she had a very strong scent of body odor! I was trying to ring her things up while taking short, really quiet breaths and I kept thinking this woman is beautiful and yet she smells like this. I was shocked and didn't understand why this could be so. I was told by others that some women from the Middle East are submissive and were not allowed to use deodorant and other worldly things as it is not acceptable to their people. Is this true? No offense intended!

Is against their religion to use deodorant or perfume, they said it will seduce other men, so it's haram
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by BumbleBee2ice(f): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2017
abike12:
Omg ladies please don't wash your v*gina with antiseptic soap, this is very bad advice. This can offset the pH of your vagina and lead to yeast infections or kill off good bacteria and lead to bacteria vaginosis (fish smell). You can wash your outer labia with a mild soap but your vagina requires only water (yes only water). No need to put your fingers inside to wash, a healthy v*gina is a self cleaning organ. If you notice any smell or excessive discharge see your doctor (not chemist) to treat it instead of masking it with soaps and douching, untreated infections can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease and infertility. These companies like summer's eve prey on our insecurities to sell all these products that we don't need. Please don't use antiseptic soap after sex undecided undecided undecided undecided
Thanks mam, it's so unfortunate most ladies don't knw dis, they feel washing d vagina with antiseptic soaps is d surest way to get rid of infections, pls don't be misguided.
@ Op, say only what u are very sure of pls, thnx.

1 Like

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Rozaytee: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2017
Men nko
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Reference(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2017
dingbang:
if the vagina is a self cleaning oven then why are a lot of pussies stinking upandan?

Good question. Never had the nerve to ask. If the system is self cleansing...why the fuss.
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Reference(m): 9:14am On Aug 03, 2017
selflessmaya:

1. False. Ladies, DO NOT WASH YOUR VAG EVERY TIME YOU PEE... u are exposing yourself to yeast infections by interfering with pH levels too regularly, you're also exposing yourself to a lot of germs that you've come in contact with through out the day(except u dont pee at work or school or something), there are germs in toilets that are not your own, dont even risk it by touching the tap and then using those same hands to sprinkle on your cooch, wait till u get home and shower, just use wipes ... the only smart pee rule which surprise surprise was not mentioned is wipe front to back always.

2. Actually shaving causes more infections and bumps and any neat girl who's generous with her showers can keep her pubes if she chooses, shaving is more cosmetic than it is for health, an unshaved pussy even keeps neater but these days, neatness is more about how much attention is paid to what.. dont let this thread make u shave your pubes if you prefer to keep them. it's actually healtier that way, PS i wax every 3 wks so i'm not being defensive here.

3. the number of times you change your undies a day depends on how much bodily fluid you secrete down there, if u secrete a lot, no need to carry extra panties around and carry a worn pant 2nd half of the day, just buy panty liners and change each time u feel damp. if you have normal secretion, no need for liners or changing.

4. Correct.

5. False. menstrual blood is not considered alien to the body that secreted it to cause an infection in mere 4 hrs. ladies when your pad is almost full, change it, there's no timing the body, follow your own pace. just dont go past 8 hrs, even if it's the last day and the blood is slow, just change. if u use tampons like me, same thing, no timing, our bodies know what's up.

6. same with 2, if u can take care of your armpit hair and choose to keep it, dont be pressured into shaving it, body odour is caused by poor hygiene amount of armpit hair is irrelevant, there are guys here with bald armpits that smell like fufu and most guys i know with armpit hair know how to keep clean and they always smell good, it's same for girls.

7. wash after intercourse if u like, not compulsory, just try to pee after sex, it keeps your urinary tract clean from whatever might have tried to get in and wipe afterwards, i'm gonna assume we all know that ladies dont pee from their vagina, so those who think that and pee after sex to flush out sperm to reduce chances of pregnancy, it's futile. if u must wash, never put soap in your coochie, that is a lie from the pit of hell, the external part u can wash with soap, by coochie i mean the actual hole like if u try to finger yourself that place u dig in, NEVER put soap in it, never pour water into it either with a bowl or with the shower head, you are risking a watery yeast infection, just rinse the surface and fold of the vag, never dig in with water or soap. the rest of your vulva can handle soap, mild ones though, your clit, labia, u can wash with soap but NEVER antiseptic soap. it fu<ks with your balance. ALWAYS USE A CONDOM if you and your partner are not being exclusive.

8. false, your kidneys have nothing to do with restrained urine, when a person is holding urine, it's already in the bladder waiting for release, you can hold your pee if you have to, the human body is not stupid, the bladder has its limits and if u keep holding it, u will pee on yourself. just dont restrain urine while you're peeing, it weakens the urethra, let it flow freely.

9. anything tight interferes with circulation, pants, shoes, bra, jeans, belt. this really isn't girl-specific, it applies to all.

Yeah, sensible. Shaving is more for looks rather than function, as with cranial or facial hair or nasal hair or skin for that matter, keeping it clean is what matters because they do serve important functions. Nothing on your body is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by nekede11(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2017
OK,MY WIFE WILL HEAR
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by TrumpDonald2: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2017
abike12:

I was surprised when I saw that. I mean this was posted by a blog and will be read by a lot of people. Yet, the writer is not aware that it is wrong to use antiseptic soaps down there. So much more for having assess to the internet and still can't make proper research on the topic before writing.

Kudos for stepping in to correct that. My worry now is that someone might have been misinformed already.
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by sandrahnaub(f): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2017
abike12:

U copied to the point of self cleaning oven. It's organ not oven cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ma'm

It is oven

If I was gona say organ

I sure know how to spell it
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by sandrahnaub(f): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2017
iamkingzlee:
A ROUND OF APPLAUSE grin

Chicken grin
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by DreManuel(m): 11:52am On Aug 03, 2017
Rozaytee:
Men nko
We are good.
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by tycoon3(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2017
Educative
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by wunmi590(m): 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
sandrahnaub:

point 7

It is not advisable to use soap to wash down there
Antiseptic especially.

The vagina is a self-cleaning oven. The vagina has it’s own pH level, so it’s supposed to be acidic [and the level should be] no less than 4.5. When we start adding all of the antibacterial soap what happens is you kill off the bacteria that is supposed to be there that creates the eco-system for the vagina and controls the acidity. When you destroy the normal pH of the vagina then you now have vaginal dryness and you’ve allowed yeast and bacterial vaginosis to overgrow, which of course creates discomfort and in a lot of cases odor.

Just use clean water.

Please are you are medical or health practitioner? Because you sounded like one

Modified: Just glance through your profile now grin and saw your profession. wink

1 Like

Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by sandrahnaub(f): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
dingbang:

Read again

Poor hygiene, such as wearing pant for a long period of time (heat and droplet of urine, vaginal discharge) on the pant can cause bad smell and irritation to the individual

Also after bathing It is advised to properly dry down there, bacteria love dampness.

Sun drying panties helps to kill bacteria smiley
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Icon79(m): 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Finally, someone who knows what da heck she's talking about cool

O pari

abike12:
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by ReubenE(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
Afonjastinks1:

I will never touch any girl that doesn't shave, i don't mean trimming, i mean clean shaven

A vagina will always smell like a vagina no matter how many times you wash it

A clean vagina smells and tastes like an open fresh wound or flesh

If you see the girl i wanted to have sex with yesterday,
she's an Angel, very beautiful but her vagina smells like rotten elephant and bad decisions

Where did U see a rotten elephant
Re: Personal Hygiene Tips For Women by Afonjastinks1: 2:55am On Aug 04, 2017
ReubenE:

Where did U see a rotten elephant

At the Safari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop / Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? / Why Bowel Movement Is Very Important.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.