Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat (23196 Views)

7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See / 7 Cars You Can’t Afford Even With Monthly N5m Savings For 5 Years / Top 7 Cars That Once Ruled Our Nigerian Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by Benekruku(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
Businessman1986:

True story? About the engineers coming to test in Nigeria . .

Very true! A multi-national that deployed over 6000units of the hardware into the country with competitors ready to capitalize on any flaw to win more market share. It cost a company of such to deploy design teams.
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by HMZi: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2017
missbronze:
Wow. So, UAE is that hot?
Its a desert o....hot as hell
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by trexzee: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2017
delikay4luv:
FIFA's world cup 2022 will have many cooling breaks
Covered stadia might be used
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by aputel: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2017
This want scares me from going to UAE. Right now I am just thinking if I will be able to make a very important trip to the UAE. Just thinking how I can get over it . Not in the mood for the heat going by my previous experience.
That is the sad side of Nigeria , we have a good country and friendly climate but the vampires are not given us the goodies. Together we can save our country and get it back on track .

1 Like

Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by Originalsly: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Benekruku:

Very true! A multi-national that deployed over 6000units of the hardware into the country with competitors ready to capitalize on any flaw to win more market share. It cost a company of such to deploy design teams.
That's small company... very small.... putting a product to market...NIgerian market without even testing its performance under similar environmental conditions. It's like a Nigerian pure water company ...selling water to Ghana and Togo.... now bottles water and sends to Antarctica. ..only to get complaints that the water is not coming out of the bottle... they are baffled.... so they send a team there to find out the cause of the problem.
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by Benekruku(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2017
Originalsly:
That's small company... very small.... putting a product to market...NIgerian market without even testing its performance under similar environmental conditions. It's like a Nigerian pure water company ...selling water to Ghana and Togo.... now bottles water and sends to Antarctica. ..only to get complaints that the water is not coming out of the bottle... they are baffled.... so they send a team there to find out the cause of the problem.

I will give u name of a competitor so you can tell if it's a small company. "Nokia Seimens".

Trying to be confidential
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by Originalsly: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2017
Benekruku:

I will give u name of a competitor so you can tell if it's a small company. "Nokia Seimens".

Trying to be confidential
Doesn't matter.... Nigeria's climatic conditions are not special.... and nowhere close to being as extreme as some major consumer countries. Maybe the product was designed for cold weather countries only and would definitely have problems when shipped to hot weather climes....the same problem would arise if they shipped to Arab states... in the US to Texas.... wouldn't work period in Arizona... useless in Las Vegas.... dead in NY in summer... small company/cold weather product.
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by Benekruku(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Originalsly:
Doesn't matter.... Nigeria's climatic conditions are not special.... and nowhere close to being as extreme as some major consumer countries. Maybe the product was designed for cold weather countries only and would definitely have problems when shipped to hot weather climes....the same problem would arise if they shipped to Arab states... in the US to Texas.... wouldn't work period in Arizona... useless in Las Vegas.... dead in NY in summer... small company/cold weather product.

That is my point. Designs re not always to perfections. What is doing well in the Americas might be a flaw in Africa.

And most times when flaws come-up, if not consumers complaints or regulatory agency's, manufacturers tend to make it confidential.

Back to the topic, we have seen how recalls ha been done by various auto manufacturers which you did wonder why as little as a gas pedal, can be a flaw. I call it normal imperfections

1 Like

Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by zinaunreal(m): 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Originalsly:
bro the cars burst into flames doesnt that tell you something about the kazeems being right despite their limited exposure? Did the thermostat help the cars in any way in the extreme weather? If such amount of cars caught fire , then imagine the hundreds of cars suffering over heating issues despite the thermostat in them. Im not saying the kazeems are 100% correct. But science would always be open to argument
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by Kingspin(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
torres89:
kazeems will still argue how Nigeria is the hottest country in the world and tell u to remove your thermostat and run fan direct.
Nigeria na country? That useless place.
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by lebete3000: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
Seven cars have caught fire in two months due to the blazing heat in Umm Al Quwain.

On Wednesday morning, a massive fire broke out in a saloon car on Etihad Road in Hadath area, thanks to the sweltering mercury.

Col Hassan Ali Mohammed bin Sarm, director of the UAQ civil defence department, said the car suddenly went up in flames though it was parked and was not operating.

The central operations room of the UAQ Police was alerted about the blaze around 10.30am. A traffic police, ambulances, paramedics and rescue teams were dispatched to the site. The civil defence firefighters first evacuated all the nearby shops and cordoned off the entire place.

"The firefighters managed to put out the fire before it could spread to nearby shops and outlets, and no injuries were reported," he added.

Investigations are on to ascertain the reasons behind the fire, Col Bin Sarm said. "The case has been referred to the legal authorities concerned for legal action."

A few days back, a massive fire broke out in a heavy truck close to the Umm Al Thawb industrial area. The vehicle caught fire after the driver lost control over the steering wheel. It veered off Etihad Road and turned over several times.

In July, a four-wheel-drive car was gutted in a fire in a house at the Salma residential area. The fire was triggered by scorching summer temperatures.

The same month, a heavy truck caught fire and completely charred on Emirates Road apparently due to heat.

On June 30, a four-wheel-drive car was reduced to ashes in the industrial area as the blazing heat took a toll.

On June 26, two cars were destroyed in a heat-related fire at the Old Umm Al Quwain city.

Col Hassan Ali Mohammed bin Sarm has called on all drivers to carry out regular maintenance service, particularly in summer, and check any possible fuel or oil leaks which are mostly blamed for such fires.

also, If you are driving to work, be cautious as visibility on the roads could be compromised. The NCMS has issued a warning of the same. The temperature currently is 35°C and will hover around 49 to 50°C during the day in UAE but it could feel like 56°C. So, cover yourself before stepping out.

source :http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/umm-al-quwain/7-cars-burst-into-flames-in-scorching-uae-heat

I remember those days in Yobe state. 41 degrees Celsius. I almost died of Malaria such that since then I've never fallen sick again. The kain immunity I develop after leaving the place na baba.
Re: 7 Cars Burst Into Flames In Scorching UAE Heat by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2017
grin grin grin
lebete3000:

I remember those days in Yobe state. 41 degrees Celsius. I almost died of Malaria such that since then I've never fallen sick again. The kain immunity I develop after leaving the place na baba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Lexus RX 300 Is Consuming Lots Of Fuel, I Need Help,forum!!! / What Will You Do In This Situation / My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.