Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? (617 Views)

Top 5 Ways Islam Is The Cleanest Religion Ever! / Will Religion One Day Become History? / Atheists, Who Generates The Force That Rotates Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by Martinez19(m): 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
I want to know the answer to this question. Sometimes, I doubt if religion will ever die. People hang on to it as it it is their life support.

1 Like

Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by hopefulLandlord: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
No!

so long we still have gaps in our knowledge and there's still space to fit "god" into, religion can never die
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by Martinez19(m): 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
No!

so long we still have gaps in our knowledge and there's still space to fit "god" into, religion can never die
too bad cry
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by ifenes(m): 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
Martinez19:
I want to know the answer to this question. Sometimes, I doubt if religion will ever die. People hang on to it as it it is their life support.

It will be reformed into pure Astrological, psychological, mental knowledge in the form of Advanced Science. Religion is only a surface of a deeper body of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by edicied: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
ifenes:

It will be reformed into pure Astrological, psychological, mental knowledge in the form of Advanced Science. Religion is only a surface of a deeper body of knowledge.
So a kind of Cosmic religion?
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by edicied: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
Martinez19:
I think religion or spirituality is very important in a society

1 Like

Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by spacetacular(f): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
edicied:

I think religion or spirituality is very important in a society

Can you tell me why it's VERY important?
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by adepeter2027(m): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
To whom it may concern, RELIGION is here to stay cos God naturally creates fools and smarties.....

Religion is for the smart
Thinking and reasoning for the fools.

AUREVIOR

1 Like

Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by adepeter2027(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
Btw @op

Which kan bad belle you be.

Why wish/hope religion leave this planet? I love it like kilode

1 Like

Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by Martinez19(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
adepeter2027:
Btw @op

Which kan bad belle you be.

Why wish/hope religion leave this planet? I love it like kilode
Think about the lies and bad effects. We are better off without it except one wants to milk the gullible. wink what man needs is a universal ethic that is best by test. The ethics should not be compulsory.
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
Some people cannot accept that human life ends in oblivion. Not everyone can live without hope in a peaceful, and stress-free existence somewhere in the afterlife.

Except pain and suffering somehow is eliminated, more people will choose to live in their dream-world. Afterall we all pretend sometimes that everything is fine just to get by.

That's why many theists on this forum choose to be religious even after failure to provide necessary proofs for believing in their various Gods. Life is unbearable as it is, must we live like it is?

1 Like

Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by obinna58(m): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
The more science discovers, the more tech advances, the more our world develops, the more poverty disappears, the more religious lies get exposed, the more religionists reason intelligently, the more religionists looses argument, the more people becoming unreligious, the more religion disappears grin
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by abumereose: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=Martinez19 post=59108727] I want to know the answer to this question. Sometimes, I doubt if religion will ever die. People hang on to it as it it is their life supportime,
With time religion will fizzle out. This is because, in many continent, today, including Europe and America, secularism is taking over. Religion is now practice mainly by old people and when this generation of old people dies religion will finally crumble. It is only in Africa that the death of religion is relatively slower.
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by TheSonOfJesus: 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
My father is the way, come to him
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by OtemAtum: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
No, but it will be reduced to minimal as people began to evolve in their brains. Then only fools will be left in performing religious activities.

From 2625 upward, you will hardly find a graduate practising Christianity especially.
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by OtemAtum: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:
My father is the way, come to him
Way to where?
Re: Will Religion Ever Leave Planet Earth? by ifenes(m): 8:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
edicied:

So a kind of Cosmic religion?

Perhaps. Don't forget religion is similar to a cult,an association, a gang of people who share the same ideas. It will always be around but with better explanation of our world/ universes

(1) (Reply)

Unleashing: CCC Hymns MP3 Android App / If God Is Almighty And Powerful, Why Did He Send His Only Son? / What Does It Entails To Worship God In The Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.