Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) (42627 Views)

See The Proposed Nigeria Elevation Tower / London Fire: Muslims Up Early For Ramadan May Have Saved Tower Residents' Lives / Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi's Nestoil Tower, Lagos (Video And Photo Documentry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by WetinConsignMe: 7:26am On Aug 04, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Just look at Dubai.... Very advanced building structures. Such a high top class city.
Where is that in these photos?

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by nnamdiosu(m): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2017
emmyspark007:
Space for sale
Pm me angry

how much last Pls. do u do pos?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by spenca: 7:29am On Aug 04, 2017
Still there was no black out !
What a grace ! Yah ! Allah grant me access to live in a country where I can worship you with ease. Amin

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by LAUWALI222(m): 7:34am On Aug 04, 2017
When the fire start,and why?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by YelloweWest: 7:35am On Aug 04, 2017
Again

I trust the Arabs sharr. They are always prepared
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by JavaSQL: 7:37am On Aug 04, 2017
This country is just like Nigeria the only difference is they are far more developed and they actually use the money they steal to get work done.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 04, 2017
nnamdiosu:

how much last Pls. do u do pos?
Yes bro grin..Lol

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by MorningDew2017(f): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2017
eyahhhhhh great losssad

check my signature#space for rent for your outdoor events#price is affordable#
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by syncACE(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Just look at Dubai.... Very advanced building structures. Such a high top class city.
bros your ojukokoro is top class...dubai wasnt built in a day even years paapaa
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by ogbonti: 7:57am On Aug 04, 2017
The blood of enslaved Indians and pakistanis, they used for cheap labor to build these castles is crying out for justice. Many poor Indian men die of heat stroke, working to build under scorching sun, then falling off hundreds of feet from cranes and it is never reported. Even those that manage to get in the headline, there are no compensations to the immediate family. The labor wages of Dhs. 2,500 a month in Dubai which is $681 is what averagely a US construction worker makes half a week, coupled with benefits of life insurance, health insurance, tuition reimbursement and other holiday and overtime pay. I don't give a damn if Dubai is build with gold, I lived there enough to know whatever they built was on slave labor and they do not respect anyone who is not a local (citizen of UAE) an American, (Amerikiyya, thank God I am now one) Canadian, British, Australian or GCC (Gulf cooperating countries of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait) if you are not from all these countries i mentioned above, UAE will treat you like a piece of shi it....

4 Likes

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Dubai is an artificial city, though the effort they have put in place in turning a desert into what they now is encouraging, but it requires high maintenance in making it functional.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by ogbonti: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2017
nkemdi89:
Dubai is an artificial city, though the effort they have put in place in turning a desert into what they now is encouraging, but it requires high maintenance in making it functional.

Nkemdi, while I applaud their effort to better their country, I believe everyone deserves comensurate pay with the work they do. It is criminal to pay people peanuts because you know they can't fight you. That is theft of man power

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2017
Olulinks:
what about putting the fire out as soon as possible!
it's a tricky deal. You can,only do that when you understand the circumstances surrounding the fire and have the appropriate extinguisher. The building is still electrified, so direct use of water from a canon is not advisable.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by ogbonti: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2017
naturefellow:
it's a tricky deal. You can,only do that when you understand the circumstances surrounding the fire and have the appropriate extinguisher. The building is still electrified, so direct use of water from a canon is not advisable.

Exactly Naturefellow, fires have classes A, B, C and they are so categorized based on what started it. You have to know what category of fire is burning to extinguish it effectively.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2017
Why build a residential building so tall? Is it competition?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2017
ogbonti:

Exactly Naturefellow, fires have classes A, B, C and they are so categorized based on what started it. You have to know what category of fire is burning to extinguish it effectively.
and while they wait for the power supply to the building to be cut off, the best thing first responders can do is to watch the fire burn some more undecided
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Where is that in these photos?
Everywhere
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2017
syncACE:

bros your ojukokoro is top class...dubai wasnt built in a day even years paapaa
even if...still got there.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2017
Emzyme:
H

Chai u forgot to add such massive fires and tragedy
Appreciate ur own bros
Come to my village and see structures
Palm frond huts
Such amazing structures
U knw how much dem go use rebuild dat stuff

Palmfrond Na just enta bush finish
grin
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Kingspin(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Unfortunatly, the people of Nigeria are not interested in good road, structures, food, better healthcare nor good standard of living. All they do is support APC, and PDP Elites. By so doing the country suffering has to be prolong. Dubai is developing and changing every day no politicians or election there, nothing like indigen's madness or no man's land syndrome. Despite that 90 percent of the developers and workforce are non indigen yet no fighting about it unlike this useless Nigeria. For me Nigeria is yet to start. Funny, the government keep making noise on radio and television. In Dubai they don't talk you only see the plan and tomorrow work is completed. If change enter Nigeria we will know.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by syncACE(m): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2017
EmekaBlue:
even if...still got there.
so be patient....we would get there
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2017
syncACE:

so be patient....we would get there
i doubt...except total transformation of d sick govt here
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2017
Kingspin:
Unfortunatly, the people of Nigeria are not interested in good road, structures, food, better healthcare nor good standard of living. All they do is support APC, and PDP Elites. By so doing the country suffering has to be prolong. Dubai is developing and changing every day no politicians or election there, nothing like indigen's madness or no man's land syndromes. Despite that 90 percent of the developers and workforce are non indigen yet no fighting about it unlike this useless Nigeria. For me Nigeria is yet to start. The government keep making noise on radio and television. In Dubai they don't talk you only see the plan and tomorrow work is completed. If change enter Nigeria we will know.
Onpoint.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by AngelicBeing: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2017
cool
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by newslifeop: 8:32am On Aug 04, 2017
Good
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by jaywhoco(m): 8:36am On Aug 04, 2017
like tower of babel like marina torch tower... na God know wetin them dey find go sky
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by jaywhoco(m): 8:40am On Aug 04, 2017
ogbonti:
The blood of enslaved Indians and pakistanis, they used for cheap labor to build these castles is crying out for justice. Many poor Indian men die of heat stroke, working to build under scorching sun, then falling off hundreds of feet from cranes and it is never reported. Even those that manage to get in the headline, there are no compensations to the immediate family. The labor wages of Dhs. 2,500 a month in Dubai which is $681 is what average a US construction worker makes half a week, coupled with benefits of life insurance, health insurance, tuition reimbursement and other holiday and overtime pay. I don't give a damn if Dubai is build with gold, I lived there enough to know whatever they built was on slave labor and they do not respect anyone who is not a local (citizen of UAE) an American, (Amerikiyya, thank God I am now one) Canadian, British, Australian or GCC (Gulf cooperating countries of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait) if you are not from all these countries i mentioned above, UAE will treat you like a piece of shi it....
681 dollar is about 230000naira...bros
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by syncACE(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2017
EmekaBlue:
i doubt...except total transformation of d sick govt here
It surely will...everybody is wising up now
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by ogbonti: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2017
jaywhoco:
681 dollar is about 230000naira...bros

Dhs. Is Dirhams, (pronounced as "the rams" ) which is UAE currency I am referring to, not naira my brother

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by zuto4u(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2017
U are right brother. They don't talk, they only believe in action. I so much envy the country honestly. And when I remember the impunities going on in Nigeria since independence, I shed tears. We are cursed with visionless, self-centered, greedy and wicked leaders.
Kingspin:
Unfortunatly, the people of Nigeria are not interested in good road, structures, food, better healthcare nor good standard of living. All they do is support APC, and PDP Elites. By so doing the country suffering has to be prolong. Dubai is developing and changing every day no politicians or election there, nothing like indigen's madness or no man's land syndromes. Despite that 90 percent of the developers and workforce are non indigen yet no fighting about it unlike this useless Nigeria. For me Nigeria is yet to start. The government keep making noise on radio and television. In Dubai they don't talk you only see the plan and tomorrow work is completed. If change enter Nigeria we will know.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by hibee4uall(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Ehyaaa what a tragedy...

Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small,contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by WetinConsignMe: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Everywhere

All I see are three bldgs, one burning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TOILET SEATS/WC SETS HERE @EPIC_CERAMICS (with pictures ) / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.