Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) (42628 Views)

See The Proposed Nigeria Elevation Tower / London Fire: Muslims Up Early For Ramadan May Have Saved Tower Residents' Lives / Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi's Nestoil Tower, Lagos (Video And Photo Documentry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by MrEdimulo82(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2017
HenryDion:
Hnm.. The land where everything is fake.. Even a waterfall is fake cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin....man made not fake bro....
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Kingspin(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2017
zuto4u:
U are right brother. They don't talk, they only believe in action. I so much envy the country honestly. And when I remember the impunities going on in Nigeria since independence, I shed tears. We are cursed with visionless, self-centered, greedy and wicked leaders.
The eye of Nigerians need to be open. Either do development come by miracle or chance people come together and best plan way forward. The country should use their head well.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by WetinConsignMe: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2017
ogbonti:
The blood of enslaved Indians and pakistanis, they used for cheap labor to build these castles is crying out for justice. Many poor Indian men die of heat stroke, working to build under scorching sun, then falling off hundreds of feet from cranes and it is never reported. Even those that manage to get in the headline, there are no compensations to the immediate family. The labor wages of Dhs. 2,500 a month in Dubai which is $681 is what average a US construction worker makes half a week, coupled with benefits of life insurance, health insurance, tuition reimbursement and other holiday and overtime pay. I don't give a damn if Dubai is build with gold, I lived there enough to know whatever they built was on slave labor and they do not respect anyone who is not a local (citizen of UAE) an American, (Amerikiyya, thank God I am now one) Canadian, British, Australian or GCC (Gulf cooperating countries of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait) if you are not from all these countries i mentioned above, UAE will treat you like a piece of shi it....

Very true
But.who forced them go Dubai
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by blingxx(m): 9:10am On Aug 04, 2017
HenryDion:
Hnm.. The land where everything is fake.. Even a waterfall is fake cheesy cheesy

yet they are getting richer and do business with other rich country even Donald trump wey dey yan mouth no fit ban them grin
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by factwriter(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2017
HenryDion:

...yes, a land where suffering, sickness or poverty is FAKE.

That's what I call "a promise land".

Comprehend

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by WetinConsignMe: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2017
spenca:
Still there was no black out !
What a grace ! Yah ! Allah grant me access to live in a country where I can worship you with ease. Amin

Rather ask for land where u r needed and can be of most use - Naija!
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by mceze(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2017
Emzyme:
H
Chai u forgot to add such massive fires and tragedy Appreciate ur own bros Come to my village and see structures Palm frond huts Such amazing structures U knw how much dem go use rebuild dat stuff
Palmfrond Na just enta bush finish
Guy! Park well! The guy is right..Dem dey appeciate sh*t?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2017
mceze:

Guy! Park well! The guy is right..Dem dey appeciate sh*t?
If u don't appreciate d little u have
You will never get to appreciate the things u think u want to have

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by mceze(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

All I see are three bldgs, one burning

Are the buildings you mentioned not advance and developed in your eyes? No dey argue blindly!
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by mceze(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2017
Emzyme:

Emzyme! My oga on betting thread. But you got this one wrong! One only appreciate beautiful and right things and not jargons..If you have much and appreciate/celebrate little, you are a failure!
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2017
mceze:

Emzyme! My oga on betting thread. But you got this one wrong! One only appreciate beautiful and right things and not jargons..If you have much and appreciate/celebrate little, you are a failure!

Hmmm na u na
But u need appreciate the little things u have even if u own d world
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by mceze(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Emzyme:

Emzyme! My oga on betting thread. But you got this one wrong! One only appreciate beautiful and right things and not jargons..If you have much and appreciate/celebrate little, you are a failure! In Nigeria, we are not suppose to be appreciating little but much because we have much..To whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by tinz: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2017
See mumu tomorrow Nigerian leaders . Instead of you people be thinking of how such building can be built in ur country all you do and think of is bad talks and how to visit Dubai. No wonder Africa will never move forward

1 Like

Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
Them go fix dat Tower in 48hours..Who wan bet? I don dey gather money for Tecno Spark Series
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
buildings so high in the sky everybody living fly but when the fire comes, firefighters will be unable to kill the flames
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by goldedprince: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
Explorers:
The Torch Tower is the fifth tallest residential building in the world and stands at more than 330 metres (1,105 ft).
[b]In February 2015[/b]hundreds of residents were evacuated from the same building after it was engulfed in flames in the early hours of the morning.
why the foook do you post old news
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Generalyemi(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
Adesiji77:
shocked
Perhaps, UAE needs to up their game in fire prevention...
afon

ja

always finding fault. . what of your own zoo
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by spenca: 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Rather ask for land where u r needed and can be of most use - Naija!
How my matter be your business? I can't understand your problem yet
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
Generalyemi:

afon

ja

always finding fault. .
what of your own zoo
Lol grin tongue
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by WetinConsignMe: 3:08am On Aug 05, 2017
spenca:

How my matter be your business? I can't understand your problem yet

It is my business becos u want to.leave us in Naija and run away (especially after probably voting Buhari)
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by spenca: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

It is my business becos u want to.leave us in Naija and run away (especially after probably voting Buhari)

I want to serve my creator in a more sane environment . How have I done bad ?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2017
interesting
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by bayocanny: 12:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Irohak, I saw your email, what's up?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by irohak: 11:18am On Oct 01, 2017
bayocanny:

Hi Bay,

I just checked my CIC account for my application update, and I noticed that the eligibility colum states that " I have been declared not legible for my choice of course" every other colum states that I will be notified if there are any further changes. Meanwhile, the final decision colum is still blank.

I got a bit confused about not being legible for my chosen course. My letter of admission clearly stated that my status of admission in non-conditional.

Please what's your take on this . However I have moved on rather than being emotionally weighed down.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by irohak: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote
bayocanny:

Hi Bay,

I just checked my CIC account for my application update, and I noticed that the eligibility colum states that " I have been declared not legible for my choice of course" every other colum states that I will be notified if there are any further changes. Meanwhile, the final decision colum is still blank.

I got a bit confused about not being legible for my chosen course. My letter of admission clearly stated that my status of admission in non-conditional.

Please what's your take on this . However I have moved on rather than being emotionally weighed down. =bayocanny post=60990199]Irohak, I saw your email, what's up?[/quote]
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by bayocanny: 11:41am On Oct 01, 2017
irohak:

Hi Bay,

Please what's your take on this . However I have moved on rather than being emotionally weighed down. =bayocanny post=60990199]Irohak, I saw your email, what's up?
Oh, am very sorry to hear about the outcome of your application..If I may ask, what's your proposed course of study? Does it related to your undergraduate study and work experience?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by irohak: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
bayocanny:

Oh, am very sorry to hear about the outcome of your application..If I may ask, what's your proposed course of study? Does it related to your undergraduate study and work experience?

I did a certificate course in Theater arts but have been involved in so many voluntary and care outreach programme for the elderly. So I felt I could Up my game as a social worker with Personal Support Programme would be an academic plus for me. But I guess being a theater art certificate holder and being a freelance writer for advertising did not play out well. Please advise what I should do from here. Thanks browse for your time.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by bayocanny: 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
irohak:

I did a certificate course in Theater arts but have been involved in so many voluntary and care outreach programme for the elderly. So I felt I could Up my game as a social worker with Personal Support Programme would be an academic plus for me. But I guess being a theater art certificate holder and being a freelance writer for advertising did not play out well. Please advise what I should do from here. Thanks browse for your time.
Changing of course of study that do not related with your previous academic background is hard to sell to canadian VO(have also fall into this trap). Tho Some people scale through and this is as a result of a well detail succintly explanatory SOP.
But in your case, I would advise we should get the gcms note first tho we've been told the apps was refused based on "ineligible course of study" but that was a generic reason we might see something different and straightforward reason for the denial or better still let's get a course of study that is in line with Theatre Art in order to save time. What's your take on this?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by irohak: 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
bayocanny:

I did a certificate course in Theater arts but have been involved in so many voluntary and care outreach programme for the elderly. So I felt I could Up my game as a social worker with Personal Support Worker Programme would be an academic plus for me. But I guess being a theater art certificate holder and being a freelance writer for advertising did not play out well. Please advise what I should do from here. Thanks browse for your time.
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by bayocanny: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
irohak:

I did a certificate course in Theater arts but have been involved in so many voluntary and care outreach programme for the elderly. So I felt I could Up my game as a social worker with Personal Support Worker Programme would be an academic plus for me. But I guess being a theater art certificate holder and being a freelance writer for advertising did not play out well. Please advise what I should do from here. Thanks browse for your time.
Don't u see my previous reply?
Re: Dubai's 1,100ft Marina Torch Tower Full Of Expats Bursts Into Flame(Photos) by irohak: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
bayocanny:

Changing of course of study that do not related with your previous academic background is hard to sell to canadian VO(have also fall into this trap). Tho Some people scale through and this is as a result of a well detail succintly explanatory SOP.
But in your case, I would advise we should get the gcms note first tho we've been told the apps was refused based on "ineligible course of study" but that was a generic reason we might see something different and straightforward reason for the denial
or better still let's get a course of study that is in line with Theatre Art in order to save time. What's your take on this?

Exactly my thoughts. But do I have to wait till I see what finally pops up on the final decision column, or do I just go ahead and request for the GCMS ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TOILET SEATS/WC SETS HERE @EPIC_CERAMICS (with pictures ) / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.