Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway (3081 Views)

Proceedings On The Concession Contract For Second Niger Bridge / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement / Video: Jonathan's Concession Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2011
Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen,
indicated weekend that the federal government
had concluded arrangement to concession the
Sagamu-Benin express road to capable private
investors. He said studies had shown that the
challenges faced on the road would be better
tackled through a public-private partnership.
The minister made the disclosure in Abuja while
playing host to the vice president of China-Africa
Development Fund, Mr. Hu Zhirong.
Onolememensaid: "The Federal Ministry of
Works has concluded all feasibility, traffic and
outline design analyses on that road and we are
clear on collaborating with any discerning private
sector (investor) as that road is economically
viable for interested investors like you. “We are at
the point of advertising for the expression of
interest, as we are at the conclusion stage of
concessioning that road, which we know is
economically viable.”
The minister said the federal government
attached much importance to the delegation from
China because of its resolve to drive the
transformation agenda of President Goodluck
Jonathan through PPP model.
"Wehave decided to accept your visitation
because we believe that the best way to drive
infrastructural development in this country is as
outlined by the present administration of Dr.
Goodluck Jonathan regarding our road.

“We believe, too, that there is a huge market in
this country even as it relates to infrastructural
development because as a ministry we have
done a lot of feasibility studies and we can say
with very high level of certainty that most of our
roads are economically viable, which means for a
discerning investor that it is the right place to put
your money,” the minister said.
According to him the federal government is
willing to concession the road to CADF as they
have shown interest in financing the road project,
but the process must go through the Public
Procurement Act.
In his remarks, Zhirong stated that the purpose of
thevisit was to explore ways CADF could assist
Nigeria in the area of road construction and
maintenance using the PPP model of the Build
Operate and Transfer. He said CADF was willing
to invest part of its US$5 billion facility, made
available by the Chinese government, in assisting
African nations with infrastructural challenges.
thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-seeks-concessionaire-for-sagamu-benin-road/96015/
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Ibime(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2011
Is Mr Mike Omenelen not Tony Anenih's (Anini) nomination? As usual, one of Odechukwus retardeens is trying to fight his ogas side after the recent furore over Benin-Ore expressway. I could not care less what Toney Anenih's boy in the Ministry of Works said in the newspaper. His portfolio is already dead on arrival.

We are here talking about common Benin-Ore road, not to talk of all the refineries and universities promised by Odechukwu which he plans to implement with only 10% of the budget. With such meagre sums in the hands of a serial philanderer like Tony Anenih, perhaps GEJ would be lucky to pin his whole 4-year tenure on the single issue of Benin-Ore road.

Meanwhile, we had a Presidential candidate who has built almost any infrastructure we have in the country today, including 50,000 km of roads in his time as PTF chairman, yet some retardeens are lamenting over Odechukwu's inability to do justice to the meagre 400km between Benin and Lagos. And some other clueless Nigerians voted the Retardeen Odechukwu in the name of "continuity and freedom of press".
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by otokx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
Since they conceded the Lagos - Ibadan road what has happened?
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
@Ibime
Who is your tirade directed at? I thought there was a thread for you and your likes to spew your endless BS on? Why move over just to demonstrate your head is full of unending sheet? Is the ministry of works and housing without a functional address? Why not drop them a mail or better still make your comments on GEJ's FB page instead of putting off others with your never ending hypocritical rants. Rubbish
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
otokx:

Nothing happened because the road was conceded to Babalakin's bicourtney which apparently was not deemed to be credit worthy by Nigerian banks. I just hope the FG have learnt from that experience and are trying not to make same mistake with this one.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Ibime(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2011
@ Retardeen,

A bigoted eediot like yourself should keep your inanity to yourself. I do not suffer fools gladly. Your lame attempts at defending the Govt will only elicit the kind of response that I reserve for odechukwu retardeens like yourself.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2011
otokx:

you no read

From above . . . .
He said studies had shown that the challenges faced on the road would be better tackled through a public-private partnership.

Apparently, the FG's Failure on the Lagos -Ibadan end is part of the STUDIES, that gave him the idea. ROFLMAO!!!!! Now, na Bicourtney fault, no be FG wey hand contract on public road to the company fail . . . . cheesy
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Johndoe100(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

@Ibime
Who is your tirade directed at? I thought there was a thread for you and your likes to spew your endless BS on? Why move over just to demonstrate your head is full of unending sheet? Is the ministry of works and housing without a functional address? Why not drop them a mail or better still make your comments on GEJ's FB page instead of putting off others with your never ending hypocritical rants. Rubbish
thank you my brother, I thougjt I was the only one tired of these stupid childish rants.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Desola(f): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
FG: On your marks, get set. . .get set. . .get set. . .get set. . .get set. . .
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

you no read

Apparently, the FG's Failure on the Lagos -Ibadan end is part of the STUDIES, that gave him the idea. ROFLMAO!!!!!  Now, na Bicourtney fault, no be FG wey hand contract on public road to the company fail . . . . cheesy

He meant challenges like regular maintenance, provision of emergency services, lighting and others. Why dont you respect your gender and comment on things you're informed about instead of displaying this kind of embarrassing stark ignorance?
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by NegroNtns(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
<quote>

Ibime:
@ Retardeen,

A bigoted eediot like yourself should keep your inanity to yourself. I do not suffer fools gladly. Your lame attempts at defending the Govt will only elicit the kind of response that I reserve for odechukwu retardeens like yourself.

</quote>

<Smile>. I see you've graduated to a Shepherd! Good!!

@topic,

If the project is built by private investors, they will also manage the recurring maintenance -repair, rest facilities, restaurant stands, auto repair stands, etc. How would a venture investment on that scale generate revenue to cover cost on the road?

One I can think of is toll gates, several of them at intervals of maybe 100km or so. In addition, rent from business stands and toll from rest facility usage.

There will be too many problems for the financier to recover money.

The govt should build the road and outsource the maintenance to private investors. That's a better option.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

He meant challenges like regular maintenance, provision of emergency services, lighting and others.[size=14pt] Why dont you respect your gender[/size] and comment on things you're informed about instead of displaying this kind of embarrassing stark ignorance?

I suggest you learn to use your brain cells a bit more, and probably stop insulting your upbringing while you are at it!!! He meant challenges and those challenges do not apply on the Lagos-Ibadan Stretch??  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Again, respect your upbringing, assuming you had one, and focus on providing more sensible retorts than insulting folks for not being as myopic as you have chosen to be on this and other issues.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

<quote>
@topic,

If the project is built by private investors, they will also manage the recurring maintenance -repair, rest facilities, restaurant stands, auto repair stands, etc. How would a venture investment on that scale generate revenue to cover cost on the road?

One I can think of is toll gates, several of them at intervals of maybe 100km or so. In addition, rent from business stands and toll from rest facility usage.

There will be too many problems for the financier to recover money.

The govt should build the road and outsource the maintenance to private investors. That's a better option.

I completely disagree. You're reasoning like a typical Nigerian banker that expects to break even in a year and start rolling in profits by the second year. These r long term projects that may only start bearing fruits in the long term hence the need for long term financing which unfortunately our local banks can not provide.
China on the other hand has got trillions of dollars sitting idle in shaky US bonds and she desperately needs somewhere viable to invest for the long term and i think Nigeria is a perfect place so why should we deny them when our govt is way over its head with responsibilities? All we have to do is set the standards and rules and allow those that are willing to do the hard work and reap the benefits simple. Funny u'lld question the viability of one of the busiest roads in the country.

@Kobojunkie,
I'll pretend i didnt see your jargon this time.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

@Kobojunkie,
I'll pretend i didnt see your jargon this time.

Actually, insulting me DOES NOT TAKE AWAY from anything I post. If anything, it only reveals how less intelligent you are as a person! grin grin grin
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by owobokiri(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
That road didnt end at Benin, it went all the way to Onitsha.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
Why is it that Nigerian govt. can't implement and execute any project in a way that will benefit the populace?
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by NegroNtns(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2011
Wesley,

If I'm thinking like a banker you are thinking like a lobbyist. Lol.

Politically, we are sabotaging national interest each time we put national security to risk. Road networks are part of security assets. We should pause sometimes and use wisdom instead of pushing mental ideas that lack safeguards for more permanent and secured guarantees.
There are projects that can be outsourced to foreigners and there are projects that foreigners ought to be excluded from. Road network should be one of such exclusions.

One more thing to clarify, the cost recovery has the same burden regardless of who end up with the project. I did not think recovery was in short term that's something you assumed wrongly. Toll revenues are never short term and I specifically said toll and rent.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2011
owobokiri:

That road didnt end at Benin, it went all the way to Onitsha.  

The Benin - Onitsha road is a dual expressroad in good condition just as the Benin - Warri road which is in perfect condition. So what's your point?

Kobojunkie:

Actually, insulting me DOES NOT TAKE AWAY from anything I post. If anything, it only reveals  how less intelligent you are as a person!  grin grin grin
Since you've been the one throwing all the insults i guess this is a tacit admission of your brain-dead status right?
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by shawonlese: 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2011
What is the purpose of a Ministry of works that doesn't do any work?
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2011
shawonlese:

What is the purpose of a Ministry of works that doesn't do any work?

Same purpose as the last year, and the years before? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Gbawe: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

He meant challenges like regular maintenance, provision of emergency services, lighting and others. Why dont you respect your gender and comment on things you're informed about instead of displaying this kind of embarrassing stark ignorance?

shocked shocked shocked shocked You are such a sad git !!! now I can add chauvinist to the many unsavoury words that come to mind when I see your user name. I have my issues with kobo also but we can thrash it out as educated adults contemporaries.

Anyway , it all ties in together as per your discriminatory nature. No doubt an ethnic bigot will not have a problem being sexist either.  My eldest Daughter is brighter than 98 % of the boys in her class . She can shine because her tutors are not neanderthals like you who want her to "respect her gender".
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by shawonlese: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
From my own perspective, it is the Ministry of works itself that should be concessioned, since it appears the guys at the helms of affairs have no clue on how to drive the ministry to perform its statutory duties.

That is what happens when square pegs are put in round holes.

Btw, will anyone board a plane to be piloted by a bus driver who has been given a handover note on how to fly the plane? Absolutely no one.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2011
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked You are such a sad git !!! now I can add chauvinist to the many unsavoury words that come to mind when I see your user name. I have my issues with kobo also but we can thrash it out as educated adults contemporaries.

Anyway , it all ties in together as per your discriminatory nature. No doubt an ethnic bigot will not have a problem being sexist either.  My eldest Daughter is brighter than 98 % of the boys in her class . She can shine because her tutors are not neanderthals like you who want her to "respect her gender".  

You're a shameless n disgusting hypocrite. If you've got an eye for Kobo why not grow some balls and tell her directly instead of playing a gutless sanctimonious card like a eunuch with obvious insecurities about his midriff.
Kobo sulked for 6 frigging months during which my posts and threads were blacklisted and the most she did was resort to innuendos over an argument and my point (which obviously went straight thru her head) was that if she was going to be a fussy lady she should'nt resort to jibes, but i obviously wasnt counting on Captain Ijebu to come to the rescue of his damsel. A closet bigot calling me a male chauvinist! Abeg comot for my front make i see road jare, Suwegbe like you.
Gbawe:

You're a shameless n disgusting hypocrite. If you've got an eye for Kobo why not grow some balls and tell her directly instead of playing a gutless sanctimonious card like a eunuch with obvious insecurities about his midriff.
Kobo sulked for 6 frigging months during which my posts and threads were blacklisted and the most she did was resort to innuendos over an argument and my point (which obviously went straight thru her head) was that if she was going to be a fussy lady she should'nt resort to jibes, but i obviously wasnt counting on Captain Ijebu to come to the rescue of his damsel. A closet bigot calling me a male chauvinist! Abeg comot for my front make i see road jare, Suwegbe like you.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by musiwa48: 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2011
Open Message to Ban Kim moon, david Cameron, Vladimir Putin,Nicolas Sarkozy Barrack Obama, Hu Jintao  , Dmitry Medvedev

Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by musiwa48: 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2011
Open Message to Ban Kim moon, david Cameron, Vladimir Putin,Nicolas Sarkozy Barrack Obama, Hu Jintao , Dmitry Medvedev

Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

What the heck !!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked See this is why I keep telling people to stop thinking they have mind reading abilities, and focus their energy on making whatever point they have to make for whatever side of the debate they find themselves on . . . see this one talking of Kobo when Kobo has ABSO-FLUCKING-LUTELY no clue what he is rambling about?

What 6 months? What are you talking about? Threads were blacklisted? How does that have anything to do with me? Does Kobo now own or run Nairaland?? Innuendos? When? Me? You? Are you sure you are alright?

Dude, READ . . . READ MY POSTS  . . . I not even ONCE . . . insulted you. You are the one CURSING everyone for not seeing things your way on this thread, and the next. Now you pretend I INSULTED you?? Are you so whacked out that you do not even see what you do??

Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Yinkay: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
About time something is done about the road, I used to wonder if there was a court injunction against doing anything about the road. The N300 billion collected by Tony Anenih for the same road is down the drain?!!!
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Gbawe: 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

See how you even had to post everything twice because you were foaming wildy at the mouth like a rabid dog  grin grin
Ol boy, you get OCD mixed with psychosis ? Point is that there is absolutely no need to mention Kobo's gender , regardless of your issues with her,  if you are not a sad and pathetic insecure 'throwback' who probably wants a return to the "good old days" when women are seen but not heard. Well, those days are gone for good. Everyone knows I have serious issues with Kobojunkie . The difference between me and you is that I make it clear it is her views and writing I have issues with and never her gender.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Yinkay: 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2011
Open Message to Ban Kim moon, david Cameron, Vladimir Putin,Nicolas Sarkozy Barrack Obama, Hu Jintao  , Dmitry Medvedev

@musiwa, have you  travelled from Onitsha to Awka to Enugu to Abakaliki? or from Onitsha to Ihiala to Orlu to Umuahia, they are all withing South East and in need of concessioning like any other concessioned roads if the FG is not ready to reconstruct them. (Ebonyi is known as the Salt of the Nation but because of road condintion in Abakaliki, the capital,it is now known as the Dust of the Nation or in raining season now, Mud of the Nation)
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by wesley80(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kobo,
Why not do yourself a favour and stop yapping denials? The thread is there to determine who started throwing 'INSULTS'. Your 'Blackbook' is legendary and acknowledged by most on this forum so i dont know who u're seeking to impress by feigning ignorance.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by seanet02: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
Clueless Gej and his dumb, deaf and Blind arse lickers.
Re: Fg Set To Concession Lagos-benin Expressway by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2011
wesley80:

Kobo,
Why not do yourself a favour and stop yapping denials? The thread is there to determine who started throwing 'INSULTS'. Your 'Blackbook' is legendary and acknowledged by most on this forum so i dont know who u're seeking to impress by feigning ignorance.

Where are the insults?? Start with that  .  . . I challenge you to point them out since you seem ready to make accusations without providing back up . . .

Let me give you the same advice I give others like you . . . if you cannot stand another OPPOSING your view, you are best IGNORING their posts. In essence, if you cannot stand that even as a female, I do not lick your boots, MOVE ON!!!! OK?? Because all you continue to do, by attacking my person(note you have not meaningfully attacked my actual post on the issue) is show your upbringing. You are not the first and you will likely not be the last to do so on here.

Consoling yourself in the assumption that I have a, according to you, BLACKBOOK, does not make right your attempts so far. It just shows you are probably not alone in all this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Goodluck Jonathan Any Better Than Sabo Bakin Zuwo / Anambra Governorship Election: Chris Ngige Ben Akabueze APC Ticket / Some Grim Ebola Pictures From Liberia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.