Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

An Audacity To Live - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Audacity To Live (336 Views)

Covid-19 And The Audacity Of Truth In Kogi State / The Audacity Of Hope / The Audacity Of Shìt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Audacity To Live by tripua: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
It is very unlikely that you will ply the Lagos-Ikorodu road without experiencing traffic gridlock. For us in ikorodu, "go-slow" is a lifestyle. So much that if the road is very free, you will be the one asking what could be wrong. It is the way you wonder what could be wrong when you experience three days of uninterrupted power supply.

Yes, if you have three days of power supply, you are likely to be the one praying for "NEPA" to take their light, you are sure that if they don't, you may not see that same light for the next one month! The bar of governance is so low these days that people wonder if the change is worth it.

So I was on this bus after several minutes of mental sorting. You have to sort buses before you board. You simply judge through your perception of the driver, the conductor and the already seated passengers to be sure your spirit aligns.

Ah, my brother, even the good book says "watch and pray. So in addition to the prayers you said before you left home, you add bus sorting. The news of kidnapping these days is alarming.

The bus I was in was giving the driver a tough time to control. In a minute we are on the right side of the road, on the left side in another minute. At a point, we almost hit one of those sand carrying tippers. Hmm indeed, if the Lord does not keep the house, the watchman watcheth in vain.

Chai, I have entered it today I told myself. In the midst of the chaos, I thought about the beautiful life ahead and my beautiful wife at home. Such a young man, may it not be said! Eheheheheheh, the skabashing began, "they won't get me" I told myself.

The driver refused to stop the bus despite how obvious it is that the bus is not in good condition. In the midst of the chaos was a woman screaming that she has beautiful clothes at home. I wondered if the issue at hand is about clothes. The yoruba man in me reminded me of the philosophical nature of her saying... She was simply saying she has reasons to live, children too young to be motherless I presume.

Everyone has got at least a reason to live. If there is one reason for you to live, there is at least one more reason. These reasons must give you some boldness, some audacity to withstand adversity.

Then you wonder, if everyone has got some reasons to live, how come some still thread the path of suicide, some still throw in the towel. The truth is that they believe they've reached the limit of their elasticity which is always a judgement made in error or made too soon.

People make errors in judgement by calling into the witness box:
1. What people are saying
2. What people will say.

So they ask themselves what will people say when they know that I am pregnant, I am in debt, I am HIV positive... What will people say when they hear that I broke up with my girlfriend. Interestingly, the supposed people are friends & families, colleagues at work, male and female folks to which they answer "brethren"....people on whose shoulder one should naturally lean.

Look, people will always say. And people are so fantastic judges when it's not their own case. Abi, the other day, a Nigerian who hasn't seen or heard from his president for almost 100days was on twitter mocking The President of another country who was sleeping at an event.

Life must be deliberately lived above what people will say. There are #lofty reasons why you must live, WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY IS NOT ONE .

You have reasons to live today, tomorrow and the next. Instead of being concerned about making a good impression, concentrate on living a great life. Remind yourself of the possibilities, the opportunities, the ideas for which you should live.

Invoke the audacity to live every moment. With such audacity you can face your adversity and then victory is just around the corner.

(1) (Reply)

Hosting, Cpanel With Domain For Sell / Plateau United 1-0 MFM. NPFL Title Beckons. / Top 5 Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Nigeria – Number 5 Can Cause Brain Damage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.