Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol (23107 Views)

Death In A Gin Bottle: How Nigerians Are Drinking Themselves To The Grave / How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You / How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 11:49am On Aug 05, 2017
There is absolutely nothing wrong with desiring to end the day, especially since it is Friday, by downing several bottles of your preferred drink. The problem here is when you become attached to alcohol. This is called addiction. As such, here are some obvious signs you are drinking too much.

You need alcohol to feel confident
The truth is the higher the amount of alcohol you drink, the higher your self-confidence. Sadly, this intoxicated courage and confidence can be quickly replaced with the fear of the actions that show that you are under the influence.

You abandon your responsibilities to drink
One sure sign that your drinking is becoming a problem is when you begin to leave your responsibilities at work or home to drink. Additionally, you call in sick repeatedly because of a hangover. You may have a drinking problem.

You self-medicate
Your alcoholic problems can result in self-medication because your life is tied to the bottle. If you find yourself reaching for a drink when you start feeling down, it may be time to take a look at the causes behind your feelings instead of covering them up.

People close to you are concerned
When your relationship with those close to you gets affected because of your drinking, there is a problem. Those close to you may have commented about your drinking too much to the level that you begin to hide your drinking problems. This is a red flag.

You have accepted your alcoholism
If you have a problem with alcohol, you will become very comfortable with it, You no longer feel embarrassed with your drinking. As this tolerance increases, you will soon see alcohol as your solution for everything.

Your life is all about alcohol
If you always have the feeling that any activity you engage in must include alcohol, this could be a sign that you'have become dependent on alcohol. The more you drink, the more your blood pressure rises.

Read more health, life, business and productivity tips at > http://www.absolutehearts.com/search/label/Tips

cc: cc: lalasticlala mynd44 Fynestboi OAM4J 1forall CrazyMan Sissy3 dominique justwise DisGuy

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Josephjnr(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2017
Does one really need sign?
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by karnafiu03(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2017
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 05, 2017
Believe me, alcohol addicts are those who are yet to discover their purpose in life. Show me a man who shy away from alcohol, and I will show you a man with purpose. A little alcohol can cause you a billion dollar idea. I've been there..

www.entmirror.com
It's all about Business

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by akinlaso(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2017
Press Like if you've not taken a drop of alcohol in your life time like me

8 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by emmy4lov(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2017
grin. True Talk

HTC one m9 for quick sale
07065173203 whatsapp/call Lagos
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by kynbasil01: 11:55am On Aug 05, 2017
tongue
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Zilifish: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2017
It helps o. Just a glass of hennesy. I faced a bank experience hire interview panel of 8!!! Dey were bombarding me with many questions but i was unshakable my confidence was booming and i felt so relaxed answering questions with ease shocked grin

12 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Krystaal(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2017
Lol Op this your post ehn, it's only for people outside...The signs that you're drinking too much in Nigeria is when you find yourself the next morning sleeping in a gutter, vommit all over yourself, beating up your wife, raping your housemaid cause she starts to look like your wife, admiring another man's ass after taking bottles....

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by FeloniousFelon: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2017
My name is Old dirty Bastard aka ODB and I am an alcoholic.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by diportivo: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2017
story
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by vickthourh(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
Alcohol.....my good friend[color=]Alcohol.....my good friend[/color]Alcohol.....my good friend

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
To the drinkers: DRINK RESPONSIBLY

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by lonelydora: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
God has finally delivered me from the shackles of alcoholism. I can't even believe I haven't tasted alcohol for the past 2 months plus.

Still wondering how to discard all the wines and beers in my refrigerator.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Emperor119(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by MrTeymee(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
hmm
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by lokito: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
Balderdash. Too many write up yet i didn't even see one sign

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by FeloniousFelon: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
"If you ain't thinking of puna, then you ain't thinking straight " - Sam Sneed.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by spaggyy(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
Good
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Safiaa(f): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
90% of nigerisn men can relate to this.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by burkingx(f): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by gedufiyu: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
like seriously
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by xquire(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
What a joke
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by burkingx(f): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by burkingx(f): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by kachi08(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
I totally disagree with your first point.
Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by SalamRushdie: 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
akinlaso:
Press Like if you've not taken a drop of alcohol in your life time like me

That's you and Donald Trump be that ..Me I have drank enough alcohol for 200 people but today I have really slowed down just the occasional white wine or red wine when I want to eat white meat or red meat on rare days ..I wish Never drank alcohol in my life but I must say I enjoy it oo

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by Agboola321(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
I don't need alcohol to be confident. Money is a better option.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Signs You Are Drinking Too Much Alcohol by thickminaj(f): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
tongue I don't drink alcohol so... grin... Any way nice one op

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Secret For Avoiding Back Pains / Borno Records First Coronavirus Death / Police Arrest Fake Medical Doctor Akpoviri Vincent Jimmy Aka Dr. Charles Umeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.