Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? (4145 Views)

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike / Electrical Electronics Engineering Or Medicine / Hnd Program For Department Of Electrical/electronics Engineering In Akwa Ibom St (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
I'd love to know the various branches of Electrical/Electronics Engineering that one can specialize in both as Undergraduates in Nigerian Universities and also for Postgraduate studies.
Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by dandollaz: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
Telecommunications and power.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by shege45: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2017
dandollaz:
Telecommunications and power.
yup

1 Like

Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2017
Telecommunications, power, control, instrumentation.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by Dammytrager(m): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2017
Okay apart from the general courses you'd take in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
there are four options given to students to specialize in, so I'd mention the areas and the course you'd take under them.
1. Communication Engineering

You'd do the following course under this area

Radio Frequency Electronics
Wireless Communication
Communications Theory
Telecommunication Engineering
Computer Communications

2. Control and Instrumentation Engineering

we have

Introduction to Modern Control
Instrumentation Engineering
Control Systems Engineering
Modelling and simulation of Dynamic Systems

3. Electrical Machines and Power Engineering

we have

Power Electronic Devices and circuits
Power System Engineering I & II
High Voltage Engineering

4. Electronic Materials and Device Technology(Solid State)

we have

Semiconductor Devices
Optical Electronics
Microfabrication Technology
VLSI Design
Nanotechnology and Nanoelectronics
Vacuum and other thin film processing.

So for those who think Electronics and Electrical Engineering is about joining wires, this is an eye opener for you.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 06, 2017
Dammytrager:
Okay apart from the general courses you'd take in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
there are four options given to students to specialize in, so I'd mention the areas and the course you'd take under them.

Wireless Communication
Communications Theory
Computer Communications

we have

we have

High Voltage Engineering

we have

Semiconductor Devices
Optical Electronics
VLSI Design

So for those who think Electronics and Electrical Engineering is about joining wires, this is an eye opener for you.

Thanks bruh. I really appreciate it.
Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by Daboywizzy: 5:35am On Aug 06, 2017
interesting
Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by Aminu212: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2017
listening
Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by jesmond3945: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
Dammytrager:

Wireless Communication
Communications Theory
Computer Communications

we have

we have

High Voltage Engineering

we have

Semiconductor Devices
Optical Electronics
VLSI Design

very intelligent bro which one is more sought after?
Re: What Are The Branches Of Electrical/Electronics Engineering? by WinningEleven(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
jesmond3945:
very intelligent bro which one is more sought after?
Obviously the most lucrative ones

(1) (Reply)

Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th / Check Out My Biro Sketch Of Wild Animals And Wild Life / • College Of Education, Warri Application FORM 2015/2016 Is On APPLY HERE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.