Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story (12894 Views)

Coronavirus: Beijing Shuts Food Market And Goes Into 'wartime Emergency Mode' / Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. / Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by piagetskinner(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
It seems its only in Lagos that things work...
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by makizee(m): 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
If Nigeria is to ever become a great country, it must follow in the footsteps of Lagos...
A great Nigeria starts from Lagos
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by ultron12345: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
gbadexy:
I think hospitals that reject emergency patients should have their license revoked with the hospital shut down.
The least any hospital should don is to stabilize the patient before transferring them to a better equipped hospital.
what's the essence of opening a clinic if they can't perform the most basic tasks that trained paramedics in a mobile bus are able to do.
remember that private hospitals are businesses, should they use their resources on you when they know you won't pay for them, if hospitals do that, how will they pay salaries, their bills and other expenses
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by gbadexy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
ultron12345:
remember that private hospitals are businesses, should they use their resources on you when they know you won't pay for them, if hospitals do that, how will they pay salaries, their bills and other expenses
I meant when they reject out it being beyond what they can handle. Some only attend to malaria or other such ailments and reject anything with looks of blood.
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by balash(m): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Witnessed a dude that got knocked down infront of shoprite Ikeja last month by a reckless driver that was trying to beat traffic light, the team was called and they got into swift action, but theirs someone who requires more national hero among the team

A certain yellow like albino lady, I have seen her in action twice or so and she's a hero, very versatile and fearless.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by Abiagirl777(f): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
lol,they are swift sha but what follows after is the koko.
last Yr there was theft In my family house area at midnite,gunshots sounding very where then my young sis called the 112,of course they quickly replied ,asked her what it was about then connected her to the police who said they are on their way.1hr later the police called that they were at the exact location that she should come out infront of the house so they can is see her,she insulted them eeh,I mean I could hear the gunshots from the background when I was calling her but the police claimed they weren't seeing anybody or hearing anything.

I believe they purposely ran to away to another street to evade the robbers and then telling someone hiding from danger to come out in front of the danger just to convince you ppl. when the robberies finished and left they now found our street qnr started calling my sis for statement.��this happened at ABA,even though I was sad at how the police responded,I was also happy that for once something is working in Nigeria.NCC keep it up!
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by mrstheo(f): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
EKO oni BAJE ooo!!!
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by ability19: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
shyman:
About two weeks ago, my uncle was ambushed by robbers who left him for dead somewhere on the island... The good part is someone saw his condition and called Lagos emergency response at about 2pm "most people think they are a joke... Well, they ain't ".
They got to the location asap and applied first aid treatment then conveyed him to several clinics that turned him down until they got to LASUTH by 8pm. LASUTH admitted him and thankfully he survived..

I don't know who that good Samaritan was that made that call... The call that saved a life.. I say #ThankYou... Most people would have turned a blind eye... No one wants to get associated with a criminal case especially with the false stories of incriminating yourself circulating..
PS: toll free emergency number - 112

Another great thanks goes to the Medical Emergency team.... Those guys are wonderful.. They spent their whole day taking care of someone they don't know... While with him in the van, they were a source of hope.. With the bad experiences I've had with the medical sector.. I was shocked to my bones to see their conduct.
I wish I could put up their names and pictures... my heart is really filled with gratitude..

There are alot of negativity about our conduct as Nigerians and there have also been good reports which means there's hope.... We can redeem our image...

Thanks so much for this post. Its so obvious Nigerians can't do with out PARAMEDICS. We need them serious if nt for their swift interventions. He wouldn't have. Been able to make to the hospital alive. Please begg you. Tread owner let this. Continue to trend on the internet as regard advocacy for Paramedics twitter instagram and even facebook please it will do the profession ğ¤¤ď every start needs emergency response service. Only lagos has keep into this wht re the 35 states waiting for. Please we need them to key into this. Let's Give paramedics a chance we need them. Thanks

Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
Is the same treatment awarded to mainland folks especially those that live in the outskirts ?
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by heedshow(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
gbadexy:
I think hospitals that reject emergency patients should have their license revoked with the hospital shut down.
The least any hospital should don is to stabilize the patient before transferring them to a better equipped hospital.
what's the essence of opening a clinic if they can't perform the most basic tasks that trained paramedics in a mobile bus are able to do.

Na so my brother
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by sekolaj82: 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
Kudos to LASEMA,they deserve Award in ways and manner of discharging their duty.................Itesiwaju Eko,Loje wa logun
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lagosians please pay your tax, we can make Lagos a better place . This is the evidence that we can do it.

No amount of tithe could have saved that man, tax payers money saved him.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by papabaks(m): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
shyman:
About two weeks ago, my uncle was ambushed by robbers who left him for dead somewhere on the island... The good part is someone saw his condition and called Lagos emergency response at about 2pm "most people think they are a joke... Well, they ain't ".
They got to the location asap and applied first aid treatment then conveyed him to several clinics that turned him down until they got to LASUTH by 8pm. LASUTH admitted him and thankfully he survived..

I don't know who that good Samaritan was that made that call... The call that saved a life.. I say #ThankYou... Most people would have turned a blind eye... No one wants to get associated with a criminal case especially with the false stories of incriminating yourself circulating..

Another great thanks goes to the Medical Emergency team.... Those guys are wonderful.. They spent their whole day taking care of someone they don't know... While with him in the van, they were a source of hope.. With the bad experiences I've had with the medical sector.. I was shocked to my bones to see their conduct.
I wish I could put up their names and pictures... my heart is really filled with gratitude..

There are alot of negativity about our conduct as Nigerians and there have also been good reports which means there's hope.... We can redeem our image...

Lagos is working. Itesiwaju Ilu Eko Lojewalogun!!!

Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by mfm04622: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
gbadexy:

What is the essence of accepting patients you can't treat? Don't hospitals transfer patients they are already treating to other hospital?
Yes, sometimes hospital reject patients because they fear they may not get money after treating them but most of the time it is because they can't handle the case
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by gbadexy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
mfm04622:

What is the essence of accepting patients you can't treat? Don't hospitals transfer patients they are already treating to other hospital?
Yes, sometimes hospital reject patients because they fear they may not get money after treating them but most of the time it is because they can't handle the case
They could at least stabilize them first. like stopping flow of blood and giving even CPR.
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by mfm04622: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
gbadexy:

They could at least stabilize them first. like stopping flow of blood and giving even CPR.

very true
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by ebby9z(m): 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
The few traffic this thread is generating is making me believe Nigerians love negative news about our country. We don't promote positive things like this but instead promote baseless and senseless tribalism. So sad.
Kudos to the government for creating Lasema and maintaining them, kudos to the head of Lasema, kudos to the young men and women on the team, kudos to taxpaying lagosians. God bless everybody.
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by andyanders: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
dtruth50:
dts gr8. bt who knows it may b one among dos robbers dt called dem
\

I still believed from your statement that you are one of the robbers that made the call as you stated.
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by Droyal(f): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lagos emergency response team works, I experienced it Sunday morning around 1am or so. A tanker fell and bursted into flames and was spreading around iyana era/ Alraine bustop at Ijanikin along Lagos badagry express.

We that lived close to that place were so scared that the fire may spread to the filling station in fact a lot of of thought it was the filling station on fire. They responded, though they came around 1.25am or so (about 40-45mins later after the first banging sound), put out what was remaining of the fire and dragged that trailer of the express.

I actually thought it was one computer that will answer and say press 1 for this and that, you call even before the thing rings once someone has picked and I was like that was fast.

I think they should work more on response time though and maybe have substations in all lcdas it will make access to inner parts of Lagos easier. 45mins is a long time, if that tanker was loaded everywhere would have burnt before they arrived.

The one that may be difficult is when they have to transfer your call to the police in the situation that its a police issue, NPF may not be that efficient .

Their fire service, accident/medical response is quite okay, LRU guys are quite good at what they do.

767 & 112
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by loosh: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
112 is Nigeria national emergency number.. so its not only functioning in Lagos.. but for now I tink its zoned like in d north dere is emergency call center in kano, nd abuja,midle belt.. dere is in minna.. den south west.. lagos...
Dey are really doin a gud job.. its a baby project..
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by loosh: 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Droyal:
Lagos emergency response team works, I experienced it Sunday morning around 1am or so. A tanker fell and bursted into flames and was spreading around iyana era/ Alraine bustop at Ijanikin along Lagos badagry express.

We that lived close to that place were so scared that the fire may spread to the filling station in fact a lot of of thought it was the filling station on fire. They responded, though they came around 1.25am or so (about 40-45mins later after the first banging sound), put out what was remaining of the fire and dragged that trailer of the express.

I actually thought it was one computer that will answer and say press 1 for this and that, you call even before the thing rings once someone has picked and I was like that was fast.

I think they should work more on response time though and maybe have substations in all lcdas it will make access to inner parts of Lagos easier. 45mins is a long time, if that tanker was loaded everywhere would have burnt before they arrived.

The one that may be difficult is when they have to transfer your call to the police in the situation that its a police issue, NPF may not be that efficient .

Their fire service, accident/medical response is quite okay, LRU guys are quite good at what they do.

767 & 112

Yea ure right... dts one major challenge
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by sshalom(m): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
shyman:

This is a good testament to what good governance should be about and thanks for sharing.
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by shyman(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by shyman(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
tit:
how did they leave your uncle for dead?
did they shoot him?
or na just slap make am faint?

I can actually laugh to this now cos he survived...
He was stabbed severally, the knife was left in his stomach..his intestines were coming out of the stab wounds plus he also had a deep cut on his head; he was hit on his head with a bamboo stick 5 times...

That's what he survived.
I didn't want to give details of the injuries sustained, that's not the intent if this post.
The intent is to celebrate great deeds and to encourage people that there's hope for Nigeria..
Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by shyman(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
government77:

That's a possibility, but then it means there's still some good left in that gang member... He Prolly has hope for change and repentance..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emergency Response Works; Saved A Life - True Story by shyman(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
gbadexy:

It's sad to be pushed around from clinic to clinic... The last place we were rejected from was a general hospital and one of the doctors said they do not have the capability to conduct such a surgery... Reason for the rejection...
My thoughts, going forward - the paramedics should have a detailed repository of what kind of incident should be taken to what clinic or/and a platform where most clinics are captured...
So a picture and a little detail of the incident would be uploaded, then the clinic(s) that can handle such case would then be itemized..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amuwo Odofin LGA Reportedly Replace Medical Staff At PHC With Private Companies / The Side Effect Of Eating Bitter Kola / Ezcema Fungi Skin Infection. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.