Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. (27230 Views)

Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians / It Takes A Month To Treat A Coronavirus Patient - Osagie Ehanire / Coronavirus: Leg Shake By Osagie Ehanire And Ayobami Akin - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by naptu2: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2020
The minister of health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, has visited the Lagos State Public Health Emergency Operations Centre where he discussed with the Lagos State commissioner for health, Professor Akin Abayomi and the chief medical director of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Professor Bode Chris.

Osagie Ehanire @OsagieEhanire

Yesterday I visited the @FollowLaSG Lagos State Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC) and Isolation Unit of the @LSMoH Infectious Disease Hospital (Mainland Hospital) in Yaba, to engage with @ProfAkinAbayomi and Prof. Bode (@LUTHOfficial) and others re: #COVID19 .

I can confirm that the patient is stable. @NCDCGov has been proactive in the establishment of the PHEOC, which has now been activated for #COVID19 response, and in the deployment of a National Rapid Response Team (RRT) to support the response efforts.

@NigeriaGov and FMoHNigeria, commend the collaboration between @LSMoH, Ogun State Ministry of Health and @NCDCGov, supported by @WHONigeria (@WHO, @WHOAFRO) and other partners.

Special thanks to all staff members managing the treatment of the confirmed case and working tirelessly to trace contacts to reduce the chance of spreading #COVID19
#COVID19Nigeria
https://twitter.com/OsagieEhanire/status/1234023779258552320

1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by naptu2: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2020
Afterwards, the Lagos State commissioner of health, Professor Akin Abayomi, addressed the press about the coronavirus patient.

LSMOH @LSMOH
CORONA VIRUS PATIENT NEVER ATTEMPTED TO ESCAPE – LASG

Lagos State Government has debunked news making the round that the index case of Corona Virus Disease isolated at the Lagos Mainland Hospital tried to escape.

Audio-visual report by @ameenatelegushi of @lagostelevision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUQu33_Bh0

Lagos State Commissioner for Health, @ProfAkinAbayomi who debunked the news while giving an update on the index case at the Mainland Hospital today said the patient has never expressed any desire to leave the facility to the doctors and nurses who looks after him.

“I have spoken to him myself, he is doing very well, he is comfortable; he was comfortable yesterday and he is comfortable today”, @ProfAkinAbayomi stated.

He noted that the patient was initially kept in a single isolation room for his privacy when he was brought in because part of the facilities at the Mainland Hospital were being renovated. He added that the patient has subsequently been moved to one of the newly renovated wards.

Said he, “We were renovating part of the facility, so we kept him in a single isolation room for his privacy but we have subsequently moved him to one of our completed wards recently renovated with full complements of facilities, so he is right there now and he is comfortable”

“As of this morning, his condition has improved, he hasn’t developed new symptoms but he still got a mild fever and we will be running test to see what the situation is with the virus in his body"

"And as soon as we get a negative strain, we will keep him for another three days & repeat the test to make sure that there are no more virus particles in his saliva & that means that he will not be contagious. Then, we give the OK for him to be released back into the community”

https://twitter.com/LSMOH/status/1233889671777837062

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by naptu2: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2020
The minister also visited the Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwoolu.

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by Keziehenry(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2020
I hope my yoruba friends wont tell him "eku coronavirus" grin

Meanwhile, na ghost mode I don enter o against this coronavirus shocked

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by lomprico(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2020
there is no Corona virus in nigeria. the ministry of health wants to get their hands on the 620 million set aside to fight d disease. the Italian 'if any' na scam.

we dint see his picture, they dint tell us his name, which airline carried him? was he the only Italian to have entered the country that day? yet one man came out to say he was d uber driver that carried him, did the health ministry post the Italian picture anywhere for us to see, how did d driver know he is d one?

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by PureGoldh(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dx is serious... Coronavirus matter just dey get out of hand
Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by Perfecttouchade: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
See as the virus make everybody loyal..please keep working to contain it and abeg check our borders and make sure there is proper check before all dis yeye countries wey no like black men carry their wicked acts come naija..if the Italian no cooperate abeg give am sleeping dose, Biko no release the man back to our community, just fly him straight back to italy..abeg nothing Nigerians dey gai
from the Italians o..Nigerians no get money to buy Toyota Corolla no fit come buy Corona for free o, keep our airports safe and ensure proper Checks, there should be a place in all our airports to quarantine anyone flying from abroad o ...God bless Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by tillaman(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by Uyi168: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Kk
Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by ignis: 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
I don't think Corona Virus has entered Nigeria.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by Ayoswit(f): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
This whole coronavirus news in naija sounds like a scam to me o undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by sotall(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
undecided

Picture of the Italian man with coronavirus being in stable condition or it is audio visitation.

tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by lonlytroy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
If only one top Nigeria Politician will have this corona virus, Nigeria will get better over Night

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by landmark86: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
Some people in home of affairs have been waiting for this.
Another way for them to enrich their account.
Just like the way many have become rich through Bokoharam insurgency

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by Ayoswit(f): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
lomprico:
there is no Corona virus in nigeria. the ministry of health wants to get their hands on the 620 million set aside to fight d disease. the Italian 'if any' na scam.

we dint see his picture, they dint tell us his name, which airline carried him? was he the only Italian to have entered the country that day? yet one man came out to say he was d uber driver that carried him, did the health ministry post the Italian picture anywhere for us to see, how did d driver know he is d one?

seconded

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by YorubaKinging: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
I repeat
No Yoruba man or woman will get this virus
In God, we put our Trust
The Lion of Judah never sleeps

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by GeneralPula: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
Keziehenry:
I hope my yoruba friends wont be saying "eku coronavirus" to people

Lol..

This pic just funny sha..
Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by RedBlackPepper: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
In the name of God of Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafòr and T.B Joshua, I cast you Coronavirus into the lake of fire.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by tillaman(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
lomprico:

hmmmmm, I agree with the part about the airline that brought him to Nigeria,

The Uber driver also claimed to have dined with him just to prove they had close contact
I really hope the virus is not in Nigeria though but then Lafarge also confirmed the story!!
You could be right bro but 620 milli isn’t worth all the stunt I believe

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by OBTMOS(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Please send him back to his country

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
OKK
Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by mosegifted: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
lomprico:

Oil dey your head

13 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by dmbb: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
coffee session
Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by FemiEddy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
lomprico:

Loool, its good to think out of the box.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by YorubaKinging: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
You might be right
lomprico:

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by GeneralPula: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
lomprico:

You may be right sha..

The ministry wan scam Buhari..

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by uchelouis45(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
lomprico:

I share your views

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Osagie Ehanire Visits Lagos Emergency Operations Centre. by IME1: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
grin on a lighter side pointous Olu has infected his commissioner with pointing grin grin just joking

Now on a serious note, the government is trying, we must commend both the federal and state levels.
I remember during ebola BRF said GEJ and the federal government did nothing to support his fight against it then in Lagos. Inasmuch as I was not in government I don't know who was lying between the 2 both of them (in our English). But now that Federal and Lagos are one party I guess the synergy will work better.

Meanwhile Edo, Rivers and the entire North should take note... okay and the East undecided in fact the whole country sef sad because of the serious prevalence in Italy, Iran and China where these our fellow brothers and sisters may have ties

Be prayerful and be clean. Happy March

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment / I Want To Be President Of Nigeria One Day - Student With Down Syndrome / Doctor Accidentally Cuts Man's Intestine After Bike Accident In Imo State.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.