Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work (24398 Views)

Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown / Termination Letter For Kaduna LGA Workers (Photo) / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by iswallker(m): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2017
They shouldn't have employed you in the first place because your English sucks.
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by love2017(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2017
ferdinandgeorge:
At my place of work last week, all the staff were summoned on and a letter was issued to all staff in that organization saying that our appointment have been terminated. In the letter we were told to reapply. Everybody was confused. My question is why did such decision made against us.. And is there still hope that they reinstate all of us after reapplying.

Please I need ur advice.. And what should I write when reapply

that's restructuring, we need something like that in Nigeria .
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Adebowale89(m): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2017
you can relate this to fiscal policy, when a company revenue is below their expenditure then such company need to cut off some expenditure expenses and reduce the workforce

this is a simple economics....the aim of a business owner is to make "profit"
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by davades(m): 8:51am On Aug 07, 2017
okay
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Smartjob1(f): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2017
OP, not all of you will get the job back. Thats a diplomatic way of letting some people off.

For those still looking for that dream job or want to recruit easily, find, connect, share and chat with your favourite employers, business mentors and partners. Get to ask those key questions you have always wanted to ask your dream employers. Join the world's smartest job network www. bejite.com today. Find jobs, recruit jobseekers using the advanced search engine. Sign up now. It is free!

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by jobbers: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2017
oh
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Akious2k2(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2017
SEOManiac:

They will likely take all of you back, but here's the catch...

They want to change your terms of employment.

You'll understand the complete ploy in your new offer letter.

Look out for the points they want you to sign for.
My thought

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. / Why Do Entrepreneurs Talk Down On 9-5? / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.